• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier list alternative - Rate the characters! (experienced players only)

greenblob

Smash Lord
I still stand by my placing Jiggs on low tier. I've had one too many attacks go right through mine. I've had enough of trying to run away or dodge incoming attacks and fail because Jiggly is so slow and clumsy. Jiggly is basically one big sitting duck waiting to get pummeled by characters with more priority, speed, and range. Good combos mean very little when it's a steep uphill battle to set them up.

Jigglypuff--the only character in the game without a projectile, broken hitbox, or stun-forever move.

Superstar

Smash Champion
No one has a stun forever move [lol pedantic]. I have a "theory" of how hitstun is generated, but it's untested, so I should not bring it up.

She's low tier. I just didn't agree with putting her below Link.

And Dylan, are you insinuating that Mario is an islamic terrorist? For shame

@Nixxon - Dylan was joking.

The Boss of God

Smash Apprentice
Pika
Kirby

High
Fox
Falcon

Above Average
Mario
Ness

Mid
Luigi
Jigglypuff

Low
Yoshi
DK
Samus

Bottom
Link

Jo3y

Smash Cadet
This is how I see it...

TOP-

Pikachu- fast, combo's, ko-potential, massive grab range, good recovery, priority moves, hard to hit.... etc.

HIGH-

Kirby- fair,dair,uair.... fsmash, also recovers from anywhar

Foxy Fellow Whiskered Gentleman- Fast, stun at range... mindgames... combo champ.

Ness- range, grab, speed, double short hop to airs...

AWWWRIGHT-

Captain Failcan- Male prostitute (some people like this character)

Weegee- oh noes, up+b

Mario- meh, no redeeming qualities but nothing that makes him fail to hard...

Yoshi- Invincibility frames make up for sub par recovery... ko's at very low percents...

LOWISH-

Lunk- spamington of range attacks, moves that **** you at mid distance, but he is slow and his recovery is the worst in the whole game.

DK- flame me if you must, but his recovery is ****... you get knocked off the edge you're guaranteed to die against a good player... mindgames and winds up fist

Jiggs- You get hit once and you go flying, it doesn't matter if you can avoid being hit if being hit means you get ko'd

**** SUCKS-

Samus- absolutely nothing redeeming at all... Included in game so newbs can shoot charged shots into the fray in matches with 4 people.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
for Joey, the only reason why I even put Jigglypuff that high is that Jiggs has 0 to deaths vs virtually everyone and counters such chars as falcon and even a bit Kirby. Jiggs's main problem is vertical KO's such as fox's up smash and Mario's up smash.

The real main problem with Yoshi is that although he is a good character, Yoshi is impossible to use perfectly. If Yoshi was used perfectly using Shield Parry and perfect DJC, he'd be god tier with Ness and Fox. But people can't use him well and he sucks vs Jigglypuff (60-40, only way to beat Jiggs is to DJC n-air very quickly), Kirby(worst matchup....up tilt over all DJC moves), and in moderate ways, Falcon. If only Yoshi had a good grab also.....just needed it to be a bit quicker.

Also mario over luigi, Mario has easier combos than luigi and down air combos which is one of his main setups with Luigi don't work due to drills sucking due to DI.

Also, it doesn't matter if Link's recovery is the worst......everyone in the game is easily gimped besides Pikachu.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Link's recovery is a problem though, as the amount of effort needed is small. There are also other bad recoveries though, all it means is that Link is harder to play on a lower level, methinks.

Jiggs also has a range problem, and Luigi's approach is horrid.

Bringing up this:

Jiggs aerial mobility is nice. Kinda makes up for lack of range partially. Buffs up approach [how much is another thing], but it'd be nice to know what resistance is. Highest x-air acceleration and 4rd highest x-air max speed.

El Cid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2277-7962-6585
lol Sigurd's the best character by far. =P
No, for reals I would say that Kirby is 10. He's really good.

Peek~

Smash Lord
If this game is as balanced as most people say , why do I keep seeing Bottem tiers ?

I still think the japanese tier list style would suit this game much better

greenblob

Smash Lord
Jiggs can't combo Samus, Mario, and Luigi effectively. And I'd say her matchups with Falcon and Kirby are more or less even.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Link's recovery is a problem though, as the amount of effort needed is small. There are also other bad recoveries though, all it means is that Link is harder to play on a lower level, methinks.

Jiggs also has a range problem, and Luigi's approach is horrid.

Bringing up this:

Jiggs aerial mobility is nice. Kinda makes up for lack of range partially. Buffs up approach [how much is another thing], but it'd be nice to know what resistance is. Highest x-air acceleration and 4rd highest x-air max speed.
What the hell... Kirby is the heaviest character in the game? No wonder.

Superstar

Smash Champion
AntD mentioned that lower weight = heavier. It's for some reason backwards. Should have done 1 over, maybe. :p Only for weight, of course.

Jiggs has a higher number, 1.3, so she's the lightest.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
MattNF said:
What the hell... Kirby is the heaviest character in the game? No wonder.
Jiggs has a higher value. But yeah, 'weight' is probably a multiplier applied to the vertical speed values. It's not that hard to grasp.

You kind of have to wonder what the some of the reasoning for setting these values was during this game's development. Like, who decided that Fox's initial dash should beat out Falcon's by one point (similarly with Kirby, Pikachu, and DK)?

Peek~ said:
If this game is as balanced as most people say , why do I keep seeing Bottem tiers ?

I still think the japanese tier list style would suit this game much better
There's always going to be characters who are worse than others. No game is balanced. It's just that the gap of character 'goodness' is pretty darn small in this game with higher level players, IMO. Also, what is this japanese tier list style like?

Top Bottom