• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on cleaning up

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
With all regional boards having their social sections collapsed (at least for the time being) we're now left with the conglomerate mess that you see now, so I think we should try to spruce things up a bit to maintain our awesomeness levels.

So suggestions/thoughts/etc.

I'm thinking that we'll likely combine the PR threads within each scene's main tournament thread and leave those stickied. The issue here is the whole melee/brawl split and people being butthurt if one game's PR is the second post while the other is first (please tell me I'm wrong here).

I think the gamertag / IRC stickies should probably go. Keep the introduction sticky by CAO.

Another alternative is we could have two threads dedicated to the PRs of each game throughout the entire country. This doesn't mean we'll create an "Australian PR" but maybe having -everyone- arguing eachothers abilities in one thread per game may be fun. Similar issue with the other PR solution at who's PRs get prio'd. We can alleviate that with them all being in the intro topic (with any responsible/active person managing updating images/etc) or we can just have individuals posts for each region's PR.

Splice

Smash Hero
PR is useful
Currently helpful for Victoria anyway with no qualms, and a minor asset for us, I feel.

I don't think a country wide PR will work as it has flopped many times before but
Trying it would definitely incite discussion for a while I guess.

Is it possible to not delete or to archive the older threads or do you outright delete them, what's the go with that? There is some stuff I would be sad if it were not preserved.

Victoria does not need so many threads for meets and stuff. We have 3 and I forget what their specific differences but honestly we could do with combining them into one, and use it for the tournaments of the season, social events, etc. I think it would work fine in one thread especially as it only takes like 4 posts now of "do you want a meet before tournament" and then it moves to facebook or is organised at that point.

Can't say for other states, but it does seem like we all have superfluous threads that could be part of a thread we already have.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Personally, i'm a fan of keeping PR's as they do give players something to aim for. NSW has been without it's PR for some time now, so i'd personally enjoy seeing who's top ten now. :)

Just my (quick) two cents.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I want to see a general discussion thread, I'v lurked other regions when exploring the site and I'v seen that some regions have them.

Just my 2cents.

inb4thewholeofaustellsmethatitisaterribleideaandthewholecountryhatesmeforanideathattheydontlike.

Splice

Smash Hero
I want to see a general discussion thread, I'v lurked other regions when exploring the site and I'v seen that some regions have them.
I believe that the General Brawl and General Melee threads that we had before are similair to what you are asking for. They were good but we stopped using them, idk why.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I understand maybe 1 instead of 2 sub forums, but everything in 1 feels messy

cleaning up? cant think of anything outside of 1 sub forum to get rid of non srs threads

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I understand maybe 1 instead of 2 sub forums, but everything in 1 feels messy

cleaning up? cant think of anything outside of 1 sub forum to get rid of non srs threads
I will say, it did take me ages to find the tournament threads when it first happened. @.@

Things got very un-orderly for a while there while people had to look through 35+ pages for their threads.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
archive everything

someone ctrl + a, ctrl + c each thread and every page within them and save in extensive word doc (or many really docs) then delete old forums pls ty

forums should be clean by June

Top Bottom