• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, there are 3 new vids of the SE. these are taken from gametrailers and the officil vid thread

Subspace Emissary: Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26643.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Kr4Nct7OE
Awesome new SE video. We get an idea of how Subspace storylines will play out. Cut scenes are amazing, and gameplay is much like you'd expect. Sweet.

Subspace Emissary: Pit and Mario
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26652.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MMRjY-Grcx4
Another SE vid, this time showing Pit battle through his part of Adventure mode, and picking up Mario along the way!

Subspace Emissary: Kirby and Peach
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26662.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9vmElR_QtSQ
Kirby and Peach are shown riding on a Warp Star. Then the Halberd shows up and the two of them run accross it's length. No enemies though.... Then we see an Arwing (!) doing battle with the Halberd... just watch XD

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah those videos are amazing.

Can't wait for the other SE videos. Hopefully more may come out as E for All goes on.

Just one thing I'm curious about like I pointed out earlier: Mario meets up with Pit as we expected after being blasted by Petey. But in the video on the Dojo, shown when Sonic was revealed, we see that you can fight Petey as Mario.

So I'm guessing this means you can play parts of Subspace again with different characters?

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
Those videos... Epic, legendary... Can't wait to play adventure mode.

Loved the Donkey-Diddy interaction. Their video feels like such a throwback at Donkey Kong Country. <33

And well, stating the obvious, but wow, the Halberd is immense. *___*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
wait people could play aventure mode in the demo?
i don't think so. i think a rep showed it off or only people like gamespot and IGN could try it out

Can't wait for the other SE videos. Hopefully more may come out as E for All goes on.

Just one thing I'm curious about like I pointed out earlier: Mario meets up with Pit as we expected after being blasted by Petey. But in the video on the Dojo, shown when Sonic was revealed, we see that you can fight Petey as Mario.

So I'm guessing this means you can play parts of Subspace again with different characters?
you can choose your character at the beginning of each stage, right? well it makes sense. you pick Mario at the beginning and fight Petey, while Kirby gets blasted away. they probably just showed Mario because we've seen it on the Dojo earlier

Star105

Smash Journeyman

yes u can look at the team update it shows a world map and the difficulty symbol so once you complete a level u can go back to the level.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think Mario fighting Petey in that Trailer most likely means that if you rescue Zelda instead of Peach as Kirby, Mario will find a way to get back the Arena to rescue Peach and Fight Petey a second time.

Of course it could also mean that Choosing to start the game as Mario instead of Kirby means Kirby is the one who gets knocked away, but I like my idea better.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
Oh my god! Diddy and DK are freaking awesome in their scene! :grin: That one is just so cool!

Edit: Now that I've actually seen the videos, I guess neither Mario fighting Petey to save Peach later on or Fighting Petey alternately as Mario are right, though Mario might still end up fighting Petey again later.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kirby uses the warpstar but how the hell would mario escapt the explosion if you pick him?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
If you choose mario to win the fight, kirby will fight petey, if you choose kirby to win the fightn mario fights petey and something happens to kirby. The stories branshes off.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you choose mario to win the fight, kirby will fight petey, if you choose kirby to win the fightn mario fights petey and something happens to kirby. The stories branshes off.
Nah, I think whoever you don't pick is hit by the cannon and flung into sky world and whoever you do joins with the princess you save and escapes

Frogla

Smash Ace
maybe mario uses his cape or a warp pipe, but i doubt he ends up near the halberd in that storyline

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
or maybe it's fixed that mario gets hit by the cannon and meets up with Pit.

Adventure mode seems really in depth and cool, but odds are people will get bored of it after a few times. coop will make it more fun tho!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
or maybe it's fixed that mario gets hit by the cannon and meets up with Pit.

Adventure mode seems really in depth and cool, but odds are people will get bored of it after a few times. coop will make it more fun tho!
WE've already SEEN that Mario can end up fighting Petey so we know it's not fixed

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I'm not more excited about adventure mode than I am about the rest of the game, thanks to the new videos. The only thing that stinks is that you can't use Action Replays with the Wii anymore. On Melee, there were so many things you could mess around with using AR. You could play in Adventure Mode stages, in Target Test, etc. Oh well, co-op should be enough then.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I'm not more excited about adventure mode than I am about the rest of the game, thanks to the new videos. The only thing that stinks is that you can't use Action Replays with the Wii anymore. On Melee, there were so many things you could mess around with using AR. You could play in Adventure Mode stages, in Target Test, etc. Oh well, co-op should be enough then.
Really? O.o

Oh how I would love to have my AR back, friend loaned it, got the disc back and it somehow didnt work anymore. he claimes nothing happeed.

And I cant buy AR here anywhere, shopkeepers act like they dont exsist GAH :urg:

I would LOVE to play at Dorfs target test stage with Super Sudden Death :p

Frogla

Smash Ace
ill post this here too to start up a discussion

Subspace Emissary videos we got today? are we hitting the tip of the iceberg. This thing looks like it could be 10 or 12 hours long.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I think whoever you don't pick is hit by the cannon and flung into sky world and whoever you do joins with the princess you save and escapes
or maybe it doesnt matter who you pick. mario and kirby have the same start, but while at the end kirby escapes with a princess, mario is lauched into space by the explosion

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
or maybe it doesnt matter who you pick. mario and kirby have the same start, but while at the end kirby escapes with a princess, mario is lauched into space by the explosion
We've already seen Mario fighting Petey and the person blown away by the cannon is before the boss fight with Petey

Frogla

Smash Ace
me also thinks kirby flys into someone other than pit. With different physics he may not land in skyworld

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wario is a bad guy? Oh man, I hate to think about what he'll do next if anyone else is in his way.
Well of course Wario is a bad guy...

1) He started out as a villain

2) He'll do anything for money

Wario may not do everything for evil purposes but he does nothing for good

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
These new videos are making me pretty excited for this! I love the way everybody's story unfolds. I was thinking a while ago that DK isn't particularily concerned with fighting evil, he just usually wants to get his bananas back, and now we see his incentive for joining the Subspace campaign, bananas!

I'm really hoping this'll be liek a side-scrolling game on its own, length wise.

When you think of the characters that we haven't even seen yet:

Ike
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Snake
Sonic
Pikachu
Ice Climbers

...coupled with the people we have seen (Samus, Link, Meta Knight and Yoshi in screens, Fox and Wario in a short clip, and Bowser has been mentioned to meet up with DK and Diddy) but not seen an actual playable stage for each of them yet...

...coupled with characters that haven't even been announced yet...

...coupled with boss battles...

...coupled with various characters meeting up (considering that once you've played Mario and Pit's stage, that's obviously not the last time you will play as them)...

...it's making this single player mode seem massive!

Frogla

Smash Ace
These new videos are making me pretty excited for this! I love the way everybody's story unfolds. I was thinking a while ago that DK isn't particularily concerned with fighting evil, he just usually wants to get his bananas back, and now we see his incentive for joining the Subspace campaign, bananas!

I'm really hoping this'll be liek a side-scrolling game on its own, length wise.

When you think of the characters that we haven't even seen yet:

Ike
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Metaknight
Snake
Sonic
Pikachu
Ice Climbers

...coupled with the people we have seen (Samus, Link and Yoshi in screens, Fox in a short clip, and Bowser has been mentioned to meet up with DK and Diddy) but not seen an actual playable stage for each of them yet...

...coupled with characters that haven't even been announced yet...

...coupled with boss battles...

...coupled with various characters meeting up (considering that once you've played Mario and Pit's stage, that's obviously not the last time you will play as them)...

...it's making this single player mode seem massive!
my heart screams for you too speculate more

The Director

Smash Lord
I've been watching the subspace videos from E for All and here's what I'm confused about: why would Bowser want DK's bananas? They're not even the special golden bananas, they're just regular bananas! Bowser must be real hungry to steal a whole hoard of them...

That DK and Diddy vid is seriously awesome though. SE is going to be great.

Top Bottom