• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Wario is nothing more then a Greedy b.astard who cares about 1 thing only.

MONEY!

If he has to fight wacky people to get to treasure(Wario land series) He'll do so, if he gets offered monet to turn random characters into trophies for the Ancient Minister, he'll do so.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Like i said earlier, i think that Wario's incentive for helping the Subspace Army is money. He only cares about himself, and for a bit of money i'm sure he'd do anything.

However, the Subspace Army seem to be such a dangerous force that eventually they'll try to dispose of whoever helps them. After all, they are trying to swallow up the whole world into subspace.

With that in mind, i wouldn't be surprised (and would actually like) to see a turning point well into the story where Wario's promise of riches turns out to be a lie... or where he realises the seriousness of what the Subspace Army are doing and eventually helps out the good side. After all, if there's no world left to be greedy in, how can he be greedy at all? Maybe the same could happen with other playable villains in the game, such as Bowser.

It's happened with other enemies. Bowser has helped out Mario to defeat a greater evil, and Bowser is a bad guy, where as Wario is just a selfish self centered guy. Plus, in one of the Subspace Emissary updates Sakurai did say "People everywhere are moving against it," or something like that.

You never know!

maxieman

Smash Ace
I dont think this is confusing at all, first time i saw it I thought

well apparentley someone invaded their world and broke the rules of Smash causing widespread chaos and the trophies that once had to beat people into the ground are working together and learning to cooperate in order to save the world of Smash that they hold so dear!

and they develop PERSONALITY! OMFG

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Yeah, some people are speculating that depending on who you pick earlier on in the stage, it'll change who you play as to fight Petey.

I personally think that it's just used for demo purposes, but you never know!

Frogla

Smash Ace
Yeah, some people are speculating that depending on who you pick earlier on in the stage, it'll change who you play as to fight Petey.

I personally think that it's just used for demo purposes, but you never know!
well of course its not for demo, if its supposed to have a branching storyline this would be the start.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
That'd be pretty sweet.

Though, doesn't anybody remember this screenshot:

No way villainous characters stay villains the whole time.
Meta Knight isn't really a villain...

Well, maybe he was a villain in Kirby Super Star...

but for the most part, he's more of a rival of Kirby, testing his strength.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Meta Kight isnt really EVIL, ok, so he isnt your avarage goddy 2shoes good guy..

But he aint a bad guy.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
thats what im thinking he is either just pretending to be bad or hes just gonna be trying to get his ship back

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Sonic stole MK's ship keys, so he could use the ship to destroy all nintendo characters (with snake for course)! Wario needs a kiss from Princess so he will get nervous and get a build up of gas (he has to capture the princess cos warios to disgusting to kiss). However Bowser needs all of DK's bananas to make a banana peel that works like in mario kart, so the ship will slip into warios deadly gas, but in space, but dk wants the bananas to himself. Mario and Pit are in the direct firing line of the gas and must find another way to stop sonic and snake from winning.

At this point pokemon trainer and pickachu are doing gay battles with random noobs untill they get told by mario whats happaning, so they must gather all the pokeballs and use then as a giant force to destroy the ship without resulting in death by gas. Kirby and the princesses are seeking the ultimate hammer to use on the ship once the pokemon take it down, but dede stands in there way.

Inside the ship however samus is trying to get to sonic but ridley oblivious to it all andjust wants to kill her. Fox was captured by the ship and didnt barrel role b/c he thought "**** his ride is better than mine". ice climbers and lucas screwed up there dates and thought the mario kirby fight the next day, so there rushing to make it even though there already late. While Link and yoshi find the truth, at ganon is using everyone as a puppit to take over the smash world, where all the characters whoop his *** and live happily ever after

- note: i suck at spelling and it hought while i typed, dont complain at anything (if i missed a charcter screw it)

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Sonic stole MK's ship keys, so he could use the ship to destroy all nintendo characters (with snake for course)! Wario needs a kiss from Princess so he will get nervous and get a build up of gas (he has to capture the princess cos warios to disgusting to kiss). However Bowser needs all of DK's bananas to make a banana peel that works like in mario kart, so the ship will slip into warios deadly gas, but in space, but dk wants the bananas to himself. Mario and Pit are in the direct firing line of the gas and must find another way to stop sonic and snake from winning.

At this point pokemon trainer and pickachu are doing gay battles with random noobs untill they get told by mario whats happaning, so they must gather all the pokeballs and use then as a giant force to destroy the ship without resulting in death by gas. Kirby and the princesses are seeking the ultimate hammer to use on the ship once the pokemon take it down, but dede stands in there way.

Inside the ship however samus is trying to get to sonic but ridley oblivious to it all andjust wants to kill her. Fox was captured by the ship and didnt barrel role b/c he thought "**** his ride is better than mine". ice climbers and lucas screwed up there dates and thought the mario kirby fight the next day, so there rushing to make it even though there already late. While Link and yoshi find the truth, at ganon is using everyone as a puppit to take over the smash world, where all the characters whoop his *** and live happily ever after

- note: i suck at spelling and it hought while i typed, dont complain at anything (if i missed a charcter screw it)
The win is strong with this one.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

SPOILER!!! noooo!!

now i won't enjoy the story d*****!!!:urg:

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Any ideas on how the Captain will fit into the SE?
he is in the middle of a race.he notices black shadow is missing from this race.suddenly out of no-were the halberd appears and starts dropping it 'stuff' falcon tells everyone to stand back but goro,him and the F-zero from the first one come out there cars.then they fight the hored of primids.

this paragraph could only work if black shadow is playable,all the starting f zero racers are AT except from falcon of course.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
ill post this here too to start up a discussion

Subspace Emissary videos we got today? are we hitting the tip of the iceberg. This thing looks like it could be 10 or 12 hours long.
That's what I thought. As soon as I saw those videos, I realised that SE far surpasses my initial expectations.

he is in the middle of a race.he notices black shadow is missing from this race.suddenly out of no-were the halberd appears and starts dropping it 'stuff' falcon tells everyone to stand back but goro,him and the F-zero from the first one come out there cars.then they fight the hored of primids.

this paragraph could only work if black shadow is playable,all the starting f zero racers are AT except from falcon of course.
Sounds good. If he was to pair with another PC who wasn't a F Zero rep, I'd like to see him working with Samus. Or Snake. Either one would be so epic it's unbelievable.

Tobi-

Smash Ace

Yea that's what I was thinking. Or one of the characters/pit/mario/kirby are losing a fight, and Captain Falcon comes and helps you co-op CPU.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
well that is the way it is with mario/peach, I wonder though, it is a very interesting technigue they are choosing, you choose between two and then it branches off from there...

Tobi-

Smash Ace
he comes in and shouts FALCON PUNCH nothing happens.C.f story is that he must get his powers back.he mustve been nerfed quite a bit then.
Strange thing is that not a single character that was Unlockable from SSB64 is in brawl yet. I hope they get added, which include Ness, Luigi, Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon.

shinypaper

Smash Rookie
In the video it shows Mario, Peach, Kirby, and Zelda team up to fight the ???'s. Anyone think the mode will offer any kind of co-op mode? Would you like that? or not so much?

The story mode looks like a lot of fun, and it will most likely be the way that most everything will be unlocked. (stating the obvious i know).

It's not that farfetched that meta-knight himself is dropping the purple goop, seeing as he and Kirby are in fact ENEMIES.
Co-op called in august. =)

This is just like all the Kirby games. Kirby superstar is exactly the same as this

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Co-op called in august. =)

This is just like all the Kirby games. Kirby superstar is exactly the same as this
The only thing different about Kirby Superstar and the Subspace Emissary is that the helper could be played by the CPU in Kirby Superstar. The helper has to be human controlled in the Subspace Emissary.

~*Ice Climbers*~

Smash Cadet
The Subspace Emissary looks great and all its cutscenes!! Maybe Bowser and Wario work for the Army and Bowser steals the ape's bananas to lure them into a trap. Maybe so? I think that everything that happens is a result in who you choose at first, Mario or Kirby. Then in who you choose to save, Zelda and Peach, and so on. So everything branches out

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Fox will be having a partner ? I mean, you only require one (ermhh... Humanoid) to drive the Arwing, but I could see him fighting along with Samus, so, what do you think ? and Why people prefer Zelda over Peach ? Please, no "Peach Is Ghey" or "Z0mg Sheik !!11one"

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Fox will be having a partner ? I mean, you only require one (ermhh... Humanoid) to drive the Arwing, but I could see him fighting along with Samus, so, what do you think ? and Why people prefer Zelda over Peach ? Please, no "Peach Is Ghey" or "Z0mg Sheik !!11one"
People prefer Zelda over Peach because they are bored of Peach being kidnapped. Also, Zelda puts up a fight when she's kidnapped and after she's saved as well. It really has nothing to do with how good the characters are in Smash Brothers.

Top Bottom