• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Did anyone else notice that Very Easy is missing? Intense is simply Very Hard from Melee(but with a better name).
You have no proof of that so keep that ridiculous comment to your self^^^
I simply meant that Very Easy was not on the list of difficulties. Look at the picture.

All the other sttings move down putting Intense in Very Hard's spot

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
"There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before.

I’ll explain this in great detail another time."

Ummm, I can't wait...
Yea, whats up with that quote. I wonder what that powering up method could be.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yep. Apparently you've gotta save the other princess, too. Makes me wonder what happens to Kirby and his princess after saving her, because Petey's apparently not beaten.
It's a good thing really, Petey is Mario's "get-outta-my-face-already!" villain after all! Time for some revenge - again!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It's confused me though. I thought he gets shot into the sky. Awww man this update is too massive to comprehend.

We also got a kick *** look at some of the Subspace stages. They look incredible.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, of course!

Mario's shot into the sky, Kirby fights against Petey, rescues one of the princesses, then x happens and Kirby is somehow sent somewhere else.
Mario meets Pit and they start fighting their way through levels and such.
Where else would they go if not the stadium? Of course, it was engulfed by the bomb, but... ... well, who knows what happens then.
Or maybe you get to choose your characters after all...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Thats possible, but It could have just been for the video they chose to shoot mario in the sky. In adventure mode your supposed to beable to play as anybody.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Maybe, just maybe the reason you're fighting Petey as Mario is because the player selected Mario as the character.

Basic theory: PC means playable character, NPC: Non-playable character
PC and NPC fights bad guys
After the appearance of the main villain, ROBs, and the bombs, Petey appears and knocks the NPC character away with the cannonball
Therefore, leaving the PC to fight Petey

Whether Mario or Kirby is the playable character is up to you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think this confirms...Unlockable characters interact in Subspace...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Thats possible, but It could have just been for the video they chose to shoot mario in the sky. In adventure mode your supposed to beable to play as anybody.
Hmmmmmm.
That would mean that either
-the video is not actually used in-game, or
-it's some sort of high-quality but variable cutscene thingy.

But what if you choose to start as Peach or Zelda?

I think the "Adventure Mode" title is just for old time's sake and this is instead a complete game, with a long story, several plotlines and two main main characters who get all the credit.
After all, do you remember how Sakurai told us not to worry because SE will be on the same disc as the main game? He really makes it seem like a stand-alone game.
I think this confirms...Unlockable characters interact in Subspace...
Seems rather likely. Snake also had this "kept you waiting, huh" scene that could be played when you unlock him in SE.
The single player might be online co-op, confirmed by IGN.
Link. Link! LINK!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Sorry, off topic...
WOW! didn't expect this update!! Lol, but that is awesome! I've kidna doubted Sonic in the past... but this has gotten rid of all negative attitude towards him being in! WOW, he looks awesome! This is great! (no need 2 say nethng bout this back)

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Hmmmmmm.
That would mean that either
-the video is not actually used in-game, or
-it's some sort of high-quality but variable cutscene thingy.

But what if you choose to start as Peach or Zelda?

I think the "Adventure Mode" title is just for old time's sake and this is instead a complete game, with a long story, several plotlines and two main main characters who get all the credit.
After all, do you remember how Sakurai told us not to worry because SE will be on the same disc as the main game? He really makes it seem like a stand-alone game.

Seems rather likely. Snake also had this "kept you waiting, huh" scene that could be played when you unlock him in SE.

Link. Link! LINK!
They're going to be in the game, Sakurai already confirmed it t dojo.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
If anthing, I'd assume these are the main characters: Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu... It seems he's taken a liking to these four particularly... I mean, they were the first shown in the vid, and are shown in Melee to, I think.. Right? Just my guess, but if there are any major characters I'd choose those four.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
One option that I'm surprised no one has mentioned (that I've seen, anyway) is that perhaps after you beat SSE (or something), you can go back and play any stage with any character, regardless of whether or not it makes sense - thus Mario fighting Petey. It's not an uncommon adventure game convention.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
By the way guys Mario is seen fighting Petey in the trailer... split story lines / other things confirmed?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
By the way guys Mario is seen fighting Petey in the trailer... split story lines / other things confirmed?
Man, that's a good one. I tried to see if Peach/Zelda wasn't in the cages... cause that would mean he was back or something... and that's not it. There probably is a split stroyline. Either that, or this is REALLY OLD footage.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmm...maybe there is a boss mode, where you fight all bosses as any character you like, like an endurance thing like in kirby-seems likely, since the maker of smash is the maker of kirby as well

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The plot of the Subspace Emissary

http://gonintendo.com/?p=27202

Game storyline: In multiplayer games, characters from all Nintendo universes meet up in Nintendo locales to duke it out. In the solo mode called “The Subspace Emissary,” the world of Smash Bros. is invaded by an entity called the Ancient Minister and his army of creatures, called “The Primid.” Normally, characters come alive in the world of Smash Bros. to do battle, then turn back into trophies when defeated. However, the Ancient Minister starts turning characters into trophies to harness their power, then detonates bombs that suck pieces of the world back into his realm of Subspace. Eventually, all the characters must work together to defeat the invading creatures from Subspace - this is accomplished by playing through side-scrolling levels.
So it seems that in multiplayer, the characters are actually themselves. While in single player, their trophy counterparts are playable.

Sounds like a fan fiction story. But considering that it's a good plot and fans are making this game, I'm not surprised. lol

Desruprot

Smash Lord
It would be nice, but I really want to see if the Master Hand gets integrated some where, since he technicly is what you choose your characters with, when I have watched and played but I did notice it...

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Pig Mask Subspace Army?

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but their is a pig lloking enemy in this screenshot

Now that MOTHER 3 is confirmed to have a presence in brawl maybe this enemy is from the Pig Mask Army? Sorry if this has already been mentioned

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but their is a pig lloking enemy in this screenshot

Now that MOTHER 3 is confirmed to have a presence in brawl maybe this enemy is from the Pig Mask Army? Sorry if this has already been mentioned
Yeah it has...

BTW Pokey is most likely a boss in SE...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
My current thoughts are that Dark Matter or 02 should posess the hands from Melee and fight you in an intense boss battle near the end of the game, purple-black hands with Dark matter eyes and those orange ovals around the wrists.

I think it probably wouldnt happen, given the hands represent the unseen child that orchestrates Smash Bros.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The new Subspace videos of DK & Diddy, Mario & Pit and Kirby & Peach are incredible. It looks leaps and bounds better then I would have initially expected. It really looks like this mode is really fleshed out. Can't wait.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The video shows Mario meeting up with Pit after being blasted by Petey, as we all expected. But we've seen you can play as Mario against Petey.

So does the video we saw on the day Sonic was revealed, with Mario fighting Petey, mean you can play through the game again with the character you want?

Top Bottom