• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been watching the subspace videos from E for All and here's what I'm confused about: why would Bowser want DK's bananas? They're not even the special golden bananas, they're just regular bananas! Bowser must be real hungry to steal a whole hoard of them...

That DK and Diddy vid is seriously awesome though. SE is going to be great.
If K. Rool wanted them, Donkey and Diddy would've fought Kritters and Klaptraps instead.

Frogla

Smash Ace
I've been watching the subspace videos from E for All and here's what I'm confused about: why would Bowser want DK's bananas? They're not even the special golden bananas, they're just regular bananas! Bowser must be real hungry to steal a whole hoard of them...

That DK and Diddy vid is seriously awesome though. SE is going to be great.
Of course to play DK and Diddys hand into the ensueing war. Wouldnt you say this two primates would be a strong adversary to bargain with persay.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
and to get DK all mad, so he smashes Koopa Troopas like this!

SSE reminds me of those old coop games from back in the day like the ninja turtles ones. this is gonna rock!

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
whoever made that is a genius. i thought the kirby music was absolutely perfect in the part when fox is shot down. this is th ebest trailer ever and i never even saw half of the videos. i only saw the exclusive 1, 2, 3 on youtube.
Genius huh? Thanks alot :grin:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Definitely the best part of the new info about the Subspace Emissary is Wario's involvement! At long last he's a villain again!

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Definitely the best part of the new info about the Subspace Emissary is Wario's involvement! At long last he's a villain again!
Well, it certainly seems that way, but maybe he had a reason for doing that. After all, why only grab Zelda? If he was working for the AM, wouldn't he try turning all 3 into trophies? I wouldn't be surprised if we have a section of the game with Wario and Zelda as the selectable characters. I don't know. Maybe Wario's under mind control or something. I just have this feeling that his actions aren't as evil as they appear...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well, it certainly seems that way, but maybe he had a reason for doing that. After all, why only grab Zelda? If he was working for the AM, wouldn't he try turning all 3 into trophies? I wouldn't be surprised if we have a section of the game with Wario and Zelda as the selectable characters. I don't know. Maybe Wario's under mind control or something. I just have this feeling that his actions aren't as evil as they appear...
He grabbed Zelda because she was vulnerable; and he didn't have time to turn them all into trophies, because the bomb was about to go off!

And COME ON! Wario was evil when he was first introduced! Why can't he be evil now? Seriously, I am GLAD Sakurai is bringing Wario back to his roots!

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Wario does like his money, and he doesn't have a strong sense of justice, to maybe the Subspace Army have some sort of monetary incentive in there for him to do some of their dirty work.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Wario does like his money, and he doesn't have a strong sense of justice, to maybe the Subspace Army have some sort of monetary incentive in there for him to do some of their dirty work.
I was thinking that way, myself, actually.

Whenever Wario does something, his man motivation is Greed, so if he's doing some dirty work for money, that would make sense.

Still, whatever the reason, Wario's back to being bad!:chuckle:

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman

Whenever Wario does something, his man motivation is Greed, so if he's doing some dirty work for money, that would make sense.

Now THAT I agree with! I think it's awesome to see Wario doing something evil again...

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace

He was never good anyway :D

In Wario Ware he steals all the profit money from the game(Wierd story, IN the game his game is selling well)

All the other guys work for him and are supposed to get payed, Wario however, just steals it all :p

Black/Light

Smash Master
I heard that theres one with DK and Diddy meeting Bowser that was shown at E 4 all. . .has this one made it's way to the web yet?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have a feeling the subspace Emissary will play a big part in a animal crossing fighter. Bare with me.

So you have Smashville, peaceful and nice then the subspace emissary comes in drops bombs and sends in the weird troops. Next thing you know Tom nook and Pelly are being carted off into the ship along with the other villagers.

If your town was being attacked, no matter how peaceful the town or person they'd have to fight back. The Question is who?

and please don't bombard me with "Why does everyone want ac charecters!" because I'm not interested :urg:

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I have a feeling the subspace Emissary will play a big part in a animal crossing fighter. Bare with me.

So you have Smashville, peaceful and nice then the subspace emissary comes in drops bombs and sends in the weird troops. Next thing you know Tom nook and Pelly are being carted off into the ship along with the other villagers.

If your town was being attacked, no matter how peaceful the town or person they'd have to fight back. The Question is who?

and please don't bombard me with "Why does everyone want ac charecters!" because I'm not interested :urg:

Its simple, the "hero" of the village needs to step up.

AC villager!

You know....YOU. The guy you control in the AC games, and you can even make him like in AC. Give him a face and such, and clothes maybe even.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I think that when the subspace comes to Smashville KK Slider is going to be the one to step up. He is the hero of the town, as said by Sakurai, and he's there to protect it and save the day!

However I believe that the subspace is going to be seperated into chapters because that would make it easier to allow for all the characters to fit into one big story. I'm talking the first chapter being all the people we saw in the videos and Yoshi and Link. Then another chapter chronicalling all the villains, Bowser, Wario, Meta-Knight, and the others. Then maybe another good guy story with the Pokemon Trainer, the ac character, Ike, Lucas, the Ice Climbers, and more. This way all the characters could fit into subspace and allow for a longer 1 player experience

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wario has never been good...He just doesn't always do evil...but he NEVER does good

that doesn't make him not a villain

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wario was never, and will never be good, he just not the main villain, he is... an a5shole.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
No, I think it makes him more of a lazy greedy villain
The only times where Wario was a villain was in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Mario & Wario, and Wario Woods. Every other game he's in, he's either the protagonist, a side character, a cameo, or just in some spin-off game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only times where Wario was a villain was in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Mario & Wario, and Wario Woods. Every other game he's in, he's either the protagonist, a side character, a cameo, or just in some spin-off game.
Protagonist doesn't make him a good guy...

You've been able to play as Bowser but that doesn;t make him any less of a villain.

MoneyCat

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking sense the Halberd is MetaKnight ship wouldn't he most likely play a bad guy role in Subspace? I'm thinking maybe he runs the army or somehting like that.

Top Bottom