• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
The hand doesn't fit into the break the rule theory...

The hand doesn't even belong in the ''world''

It actually belongs to a 10-year old kid living in Mississipi.

And stop looking at those clouds for god's sake... I admit I did that alot in my childhood but we're grownups now.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I don't think the story mode is necessarily very deep based on this. The basic gist of it that I got was:

- Trophies fight
- Trophies do nothing BUT fight
- When a trophy loses, the revert to trophy form. Then their opponent revives them, and they continue the cycle of nonstop cartoon violence
- (This is kinda of what I gathered from the picture sequence: Mario and Kirby fight. (not shown: Mario defeats Kirby, Kirby turns back into trophy). Mario revives Kirby. Mario and Kirby shake hands, either to formally end their fight, or start a new one.

Nothing really deep there. Trophies just hang around fighting each other all day long, not letting each other permanently revert to trophy form. Then something comes to screw with that routine.
Basically what I've been trying to say, but better.

Mind you, the Kirby games never were deep, so why should Smash be? Both were from the same maker, and with none of his games so far there has been any deepness.

Most just look in it too deep, but we are forgetting that Sakurai doesn't think too deep for his games, and neither does Nintendo. It's all about fun and gaming.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
well some of us are children in this forum (not me)...But I do agree that its mind games, but I still wonder the significance of the Halberd...
I also agree with Gary

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
It's silly, nearly everyone is just looking too deeply into this, there's nobody in the clouds.

If you've ever looked up at the sky and saw some clouds that were shaped just like something, that wasn't anything, neither is this, they're just red clouds to make the game that much darker.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
It looks like Sakurai is going for a very epic story here. It also explains why it starts with mario and kirby. The intro from ssb had them in a showdown getting ready to fight. I think this new update is a way of saying that they have been involuntarily fighting this way since the 64 days until mario had enough.

From the order of screen shots it looks like they start out as trophies and come to life to fight. Since it looks like kirby goes back to being a trophy, it looks like they fought and mario won. But instead of leaving kirby, it looks like mario helps him and all hell breaks loose.

Wow, I look after I post and it seems that alot of other people were thinking the same thing. So much for being original. Oh well.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Why do people desperately want it to be that Mario and Kirby break the rule, thus causing chaos in the world?

Seriously, paradox anyone? And it doesn't make the game more "epic".
That I agree with as well, since the games are that deep as some games, like the third and second Final Fantasy...
Nintendo and (then) Squaresoft are not the same company.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think everyone thinks that Mario or Kirby causes it. Actually, it's probobly Meta-Knight. I mean, you can see his ship right after the "But".

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I really doubt that the clouds show anything....But what's with Mr Purple...I really don't think a cute puffball and a plumber could break the rules...They're meant to be good characters.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
It's silly, nearly everyone is just looking too deeply into this, there's nobody in the clouds.

If you've ever looked up at the sky and saw some clouds that were shaped just like something, that wasn't anything, neither is this, they're just red clouds to make the game that much darker.
Well my friend, the power of your imagination seems to be lacking. I asked two other people to look at the picture without pointing it out (one knows nothing about ssb) and both agree something is in the clouds.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
...I'm not saying they don't resemble certain characters in ways, I'm saying that it doesn't mean anything, and that there isn't anything in the clouds, they just don't confirm any new characters in Brawl...

I have some imagination, my imagination runs wild with speculation of SSBB in my mind, some things I'd rather think of a bit more before posting my thoughts.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
We can assume all kinds of things from this update, but the only thing that is for certain right now is that the characters of 'This World' are meant to fight, and that when the rules are broken, the whole world will suffer the consequences.

And judging from the pictures, somebody breaks the rules.

No word on Master Hand, Fighting Polygons, or anything else. The only things confirmed so far are what we've seen.

Saying that, though, you can almost guarantee that the purpose of this update was to get fans guessing at what the hell is going on.

It's looking cool!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Enough of the cloud business, already :p

Well, what I make of it, is that each and every playable character is a trophy. Think back to SSBM entry - Mario gets thrown down as a trophy and comes to life, doesn't he? Same with Kirby, too.

I don't know, but this update is s****ing me up. Haha. Nice update, though.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Enough of the cloud business, already :p

Well, what I make of it, is that each and every playable character is a trophy. Think back to SSBM entry - Mario gets thrown down as a trophy and comes to life, doesn't he? Same with Kirby, too.

I don't know, but this update is s****ing me up. Haha. Nice update, though.
I think the main purpose of this update is to drive us all completly mad over the weekend, thus proving Sakurai is an evil genius.

metaknight007

Smash Cadet
I really doubt that the clouds show anything....But what's with Mr Purple...I really don't think a cute puffball and a plumber could break the rules...They're meant to be good characters.
they could be breaking the rules because they ARE the good characters. in gladiators the loser was killed a lot of the time what if mario was supposed to kill kirby or turn him back into a trophy then didnt

Specs

Smash Cadet
All right, all right. Let's look at the facts here.

1. The foundation of Smash is a kid playing with his toys. Think back...further...before you had video games, back when you hung out with friends and play fought with your action figures.
"Pow pow, my guy shoots yours!" "Nuh uh, I got a reflector shield!" "Yeah, well, my guy air dodges and grabs you with a rope!" etc, etc.
However, when playing with others, arguments can occur. If Master Hand and crazy hand are one kid, what happens if Smash is played with his friend? What if his friend brings over new toys? What if the new toys break the rules? Some things just aren't compatable...

2. We have confirmed fighters, confirmed stages. In all of the updates, not a single picture has showed a new stage/character who hasn't already been confirmed, unless the update was specifically about them. I exclude the burning castle stage, as it's been seen in every video since the game was announced.

3. Third party characters are confirmed. Characters that Sakurai was "practically begged" to let into his game, by a friend.

4. Clouds neither confirm nor deny anything. Yes, if you squint, they look like Bowser, Ridley, Maybe Gannondorf. Has anyone noticed the Black Mage-esque eyes in the darkness of what is supposedly the palm/fingers of Master Hand? Perhaps the creator looking down? Regardless, this picture proves nothing. We can niether confirm nor deny whether it was intentionally made that way, nor the artists intentions.

5. The Dark thing, what is it? A new toy, perhaps? An intruder? A virus? It doesn't look that intimidating... Personally, I'm hoping for a sort of create-a-fighter, something like Emerl in Sonic Battle. Able to mix and match fighting styles, possibly transform. Do I have any evidence? No. Does anyone else have any evidence that it could be something else? And not speculative evidence, such as "it's got a string, it's a puppet!" or "purple goop! it's evil!" As it is, we know nothing at all about it. Not how it arrived, not what it intends to do.

4. All we know is one scene, possibly out of context, along with Sakurai's psudoengrish. "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." The world will pay a terrible price. Not any specific character, the world. The whole thing is open-ended, and Sakurai knows it. This isn't the kind of update that he would post on any other day of the week, he wants the fans to stew and discuss it.

5. ZOMG ITZ A PUPET! GENO CONFIRMED!!1

Interpret these thoughts as you will. Just keep them in mind.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I am aware they are not the same company, I was only mentioning names of that had all in depth and were pretty hard games. Also SquareSoft is now Square-Enix if you were not aware, I am very aware of their situation with Nintendo...
also thank for a good break down, this thread needed it...

classic zero

Smash Cadet
i'm not sure if anything like this has been posted but
what if mario and kirby are not the ones breaking the rules (mario just
helped up kirby to go another round or something)
but if its others (the bad guys) trying to take over and if you think about
it all the enemys of all the good characters are after the same thing
and thats to rule or take over or cause some sort of problem for eveyone else in a way : bowser,ridley/dark samus,meta night,star wolf/andross,gannondorf/xant,mewtwo,King K Rool ect.

b-cuz i dont see why "When someone...or something...breaks those rules" would be said it could be like some ppl have said that ... the forces of evil have teamed up agenst you could say the heros... and what do bad guys they break rules.

thats all i have for now im stil trying to comprehendthe up date :urg:
and stop with the stuff in the stupid clouds its lame

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Thats an interesting theory, we can only speculate, there is the fact that it says when before, and we do not know the significance of the Halberd. Lets hope we end up getting some answers at least, soon enough. I also agree with your point of view on the clouds...

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
All right, all right. Let's look at the facts here.

1. The foundation of Smash is a kid playing with his toys. Think back...further...before you had video games, back when you hung out with friends and play fought with your action figures.
"Pow pow, my guy shoots yours!" "Nuh uh, I got a reflector shield!" "Yeah, well, my guy air dodges and grabs you with a rope!" etc, etc.
However, when playing with others, arguments can occur. If Master Hand and crazy hand are one kid, what happens if Smash is played with his friend? What if his friend brings over new toys? What if the new toys break the rules? Some things just aren't compatable...

2. We have confirmed fighters, confirmed stages. In all of the updates, not a single picture has showed a new stage/character who hasn't already been confirmed, unless the update was specifically about them. I exclude the burning castle stage, as it's been seen in every video since the game was announced.

3. Third party characters are confirmed. Characters that Sakurai was "practically begged" to let into his game, by a friend.

4. Clouds neither confirm nor deny anything. Yes, if you squint, they look like Bowser, Ridley, Maybe Gannondorf. Has anyone noticed the Black Mage-esque eyes in the darkness of what is supposedly the palm/fingers of Master Hand? Perhaps the creator looking down? Regardless, this picture proves nothing. We can niether confirm nor deny whether it was intentionally made that way, nor the artists intentions.

5. The Dark thing, what is it? A new toy, perhaps? An intruder? A virus? It doesn't look that intimidating... Personally, I'm hoping for a sort of create-a-fighter, something like Emerl in Sonic Battle. Able to mix and match fighting styles, possibly transform. Do I have any evidence? No. Does anyone else have any evidence that it could be something else? And not speculative evidence, such as "it's got a string, it's a puppet!" or "purple goop! it's evil!" As it is, we know nothing at all about it. Not how it arrived, not what it intends to do.

4. All we know is one scene, possibly out of context, along with Sakurai's psudoengrish. "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." The world will pay a terrible price. Not any specific character, the world. The whole thing is open-ended, and Sakurai knows it. This isn't the kind of update that he would post on any other day of the week, he wants the fans to stew and discuss it.

5. ZOMG ITZ A PUPET! GENO CONFIRMED!!1

Interpret these thoughts as you will. Just keep them in mind.
What a post!

I agree with the first point though, I have to say indeed. Though so many different ways to interpret this new information.. AHHHH!!!

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Looks like two more of those robot things are forming in the back ground. Probably some evil minions that enforce the rules of some bad guy like Master Hand

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Fools! Dont you get it?

Master Hand got his old pal Master Foot and teamed up.

Its the truth :)

EDIT: Now that you mention I mention it, we could infact have a double battle with Master Hand and Crazy Hand with Kirby and Mario. Then afterwords, the other two heros, (most likely Pikachu and Link will be ones aswell) get to fight Sergeant Boot and Insane Foot.

Dont yeh love my creative names?

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
What I get from this update is, simply put, pure story-mode genius! The story is already unfolding in my mind...

All over the video game universe, powerful beings (the characters) have been dissapearing. They reappear in a world where they are the playthings of the Master Hand and Crazy Hand, who force them to fight against each other. It's not long before the heroes realize that something must be done, and they decide to team up to destroy the hands. Along the way they must defeat not only the Hands' puppets, but the villains of the video game universe have also appeared here, and they will try to stop the heroes along the way.

Eh. Seems okay for a fighting game. So I geuss if you were playing as a hero you'd face all the villains, and if you were a villain you'd face all the heroes.

As far as the cloud thing, I see Bowser. That's it. Meta + Bowser with Kirby + Mario...makes perfect sense anyway.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Fools! Dont you get it?

Master Hand got his old pal Master Foot and teamed up.

Its the truth :)

EDIT: Now that you mention I mention it, we could infact have a double battle with Master Hand and Crazy Hand with Kirby and Mario. Then afterwords, the other two heros, (most likely Pikachu and Link will be ones aswell) get to fight Sergeant Boot and Insane Foot.

Dont yeh love my creative names?
Hmmm... I don't know about the foot business.

Though this has to be a game mode of some sort. I wonder if Sakurai will release something else about it :chuckle:

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone considered the possibility the robot thing is actually Mario after the purple goop removed his mario-ness, leaving behind the little remote controlled robot trophy thing behind his normal exterior? And thus, the "price" that this fighting world is threatened with is one which actually stops the fighting?

Because really, that robot isn't threatening enough to scare me. It's the purple goo which scares me.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I would like to note something you may of missed, right clicking and opening a new ta
b in firefox gets this link:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720k-l.jpg

I would like to note the mode A for you guys to think about.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720j-l.jpg
I think it's the hand by the way. master hand reaching over his game board, readying his next move

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720b-l.jpg
Also, you see the fact that people are in this one? think that might have something to do with it?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720k-l.jpg
I would like to say I think the guy in the last screen shot is not many people, just one, I would like to say, that you can't see what is on the top of his head. He has some kind of symbol on his chest. looking in the background I see "spots" of the "darkness" that is floating around that guy.

Sorry if some one said this, I got inpatient and only read 3 pages in and the last few posts. don't hate me.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Well, what do you think Master Hand came from? Most likely a body. Why else is there also Crazy Hand, for two hands? There has to be more parts. Maybe the heros have to somehow beat the whole body to beat it for good. A double battle for the hands and feet, and etc..

axemangx

Smash Champion
You sir, are a genius.

EDIT: Though the cloud thing is true, Ganon, Ridley, Bowser, MHand are there.
Perhaps, it happened because of a messanger of doom came, or a omen. I mean, like in a cartoons when something BAD happens and the worlds gunna asplode and the persons face appears who did it, kinda like that.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
This whole thing reminds me of that episode of Futurama where that blob thing brings all of the Star Trek and Futurama to his planet and makes them fight eachother, which ironically is on right now.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Everything possible to discuss about this update has already been dicussed, now everyone is just spamming, correcting eachother, and repeating themselves.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ha, I said only a few hours ago that the subect was about to get exhusted.
But I agree, this thread is over, at least untill a new theory comes, or more info.

Top Bottom