• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hah... u can't expect them 2 show evry one at once... you thnk he wil even be in? I do...but I thnk tht there is a possibility that he might not... I thnk he wil though, and hope he will

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Um... Why did the update thread get closed down? Lol... Took me long enough to answer... IDK where to ask this, so I'll ask it here--where else has the fish from today's update been seen?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Balloon fighter, ut if you look on the character section, you should find a few speculation threads on balloon fighter's appearance in the game

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After seeing that fish from Balloon Fight, I had to think of a few possible enemies that may appear in areas filled with water.

Blurp (giant sized)

There were two varieties of the giant Blurp. They're red and blue (just like in Yoshi's Story).

The red giant Blurp not only chases after you, but he'll also jump out of the water to try to eat you. You'll automatically lose a life if the red giant Blurp eats you.

The blue giant Blurp chases after you as well, but he'll fire water at you instead of jumping. Like with the red giant Blurp, you'll automatically lose a life if the blue giant Blurp eats you.

Both colored Blurps are invincible to your attacks, so it's best to avoid them at all costs.

Nibbla

Nibbla is a fish enemy that appeared in Donkey Kong Country 3. He acts exactly like the Snapjaw from Donkey Kong Country 2.

Nibbla will be pursuing you as long as you're around his territory. If you fall into the water, you're certain to take heavy damage from Nibbla's fangs. Also, Nibbla is invincible, so all attacks are guaranteed to fail against him.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
i too think that every character (at least starter) will be inlcluded in the sse no doubt...:)
I disagree, I think that a lot of characters will be included but not all. Although I have nothing to base this on, it would make sense if some of the secret characters wouldn't be featured in SSE.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I disagree, I think that a lot of characters will be included but not all. Although I have nothing to base this on, it would make sense if some of the secret characters wouldn't be featured in SSE.
or(this crazy idea) maybe in SSE u can play with all the characters...... (including secret characters)............how?...........well maybe once you unlock them their story gets unlocked and you can play their level and add them to your team of characters to take down the Ancient Minister. so basically once u unlock the characters you can go to their levels (as they appear in the story line) and recruit them for your team. this way you can play through the SSE with the starter characters (and maybe a few unlockables) without spoiling the game. this also adds to repeat value and prevents it from getting too old too fast (it will get old eventually but this would add more value to the game) this also can give the options of paths that you can take and the characters you get.

but i could be wrong but it would be cool and add to the game

Frogla

Smash Ace
why cant you just unlock all secret charachters thry SSE this would save time of making seperate stories and it probably require multiple plays so it wont be that easy.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
why cant you just unlock all secret charachters thry SSE this would save time of making seperate stories and it probably require multiple plays so it wont be that easy.
it would get rid of the various ways of unlocking characters and alot of people would not like that.

also i just can't see the SSE being done in one play but seperate stories add to the game and gives another reason to unlock characters.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I agree as well, after all that would get rid of most of the point of the game, besides I do think that the Minister is an "NPC" right...

Frogla

Smash Ace
it would get rid of the various ways of unlocking characters and alot of people would not like that.

also i just can't see the SSE being done in one play but seperate stories add to the game and gives another reason to unlock characters.
I think you took my point wrong. It still would keep the various ways but it would add a new path to take. Just like Vs mode was one path to unlocking all the charachters and Classic, Adventure, Event and Stadium were a whole different path half new unlockables, and then by replaying it but taking a different road down SSE you would unlock different peoples.

Heres how i believe it will work, and this game is complete you dont need to unlock everyone to play different chapters.

First play thru you pick your starter to be Mario. He gets blown away meet up with Pit. Kirby and Peach fly up to Halberd. After a while of play you unlock team Donkey Kong and Team Link to add to the different stories you play. Proggesivly you will meet different charachters depending on who your starting charachter was. And sometimes you would have a Zelda/Peach situation were you have to choose which unlockable to save.
But once you add a unlockable too your team, "UNLOCKED" the would be preluded by a new challenger match. You would eventually make it to the end a supposedly stomp the ancient minister. Once your done with this supposed 10-12 hour mode you would have to play it again.
But this time you choose Kirby at the start and Kirby will be blown away, this would lead to a whole different story producing different teams and new unlockables.

Finally once all charachters are unlocked you will get a Last Story mode (similar to Sonic Adventure). This really just ties the story up using every charachter in the game to finally defeat the subspace army.

Really putting 20+ hours in a story mode will not be any harder then unlocking it by the old fashion find it yourself or VS mode.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Just an interesting thought-
The hallway leading to the Ancient Minister's lair is lined with the trophies of characters that you chose not to take with you as well as broken trophies of non-returning Melee characters. It would add a nice sobering effect to the moments leading up to the final showdown. What do you people think?

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Just an interesting thought-
The hallway leading to the Ancient Minister's lair is lined with the trophies of characters that you chose not to take with you as well as broken trophies of non-returning Melee characters. It would add a nice sobering effect to the moments leading up to the final showdown. What do you people think?

Ooooh. Good idea. I was thinking that you would be able to bring them back once you saved them... BTW, I wonder who the Ancient Minister really is... Who else besides Wario is working for him? Bowser is probably working for the Minister... (he's luring DK and Diddy with those bananas)

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I think you took my point wrong. It still would keep the various ways but it would add a new path to take. Just like Vs mode was one path to unlocking all the charachters and Classic, Adventure, Event and Stadium were a whole different path half new unlockables, and then by replaying it but taking a different road down SSE you would unlock different peoples.

Heres how i believe it will work, and this game is complete you dont need to unlock everyone to play different chapters.

First play thru you pick your starter to be Mario. He gets blown away meet up with Pit. Kirby and Peach fly up to Halberd. After a while of play you unlock team Donkey Kong and Team Link to add to the different stories you play. Proggesivly you will meet different charachters depending on who your starting charachter was. And sometimes you would have a Zelda/Peach situation were you have to choose which unlockable to save.
But once you add a unlockable too your team, "UNLOCKED" the would be preluded by a new challenger match. You would eventually make it to the end a supposedly stomp the ancient minister. Once your done with this supposed 10-12 hour mode you would have to play it again.
But this time you choose Kirby at the start and Kirby will be blown away, this would lead to a whole different story producing different teams and new unlockables.

Finally once all charachters are unlocked you will get a Last Story mode (similar to Sonic Adventure). This really just ties the story up using every charachter in the game to finally defeat the subspace army.

Really putting 20+ hours in a story mode will not be any harder then unlocking it by the old fashion find it yourself or VS mode.
that could work bu the more i think about my origional idea the more it makes sense.

i mean look at it since if when you first play the game you can play through the Mode without any unlockables (maybe unlocking some other characters too on the way) and then rather than repeat it all over again (even with two teams) you can go to a secret level to recruit the unlocked character into your team.

there is a world map so different worlds and levels will be in there with the new characters.

also you can play previous levels over again with the new characters (as shown in various pics and videos)

and that would be annoying to unlock all the characters through story mode would get tedious i think that different requirements in different modes encourage us to try the other modes to unlock all the secrets rather than stick with one - two modes

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Meta Knight lost his ship, and his soldiers have been brainwashed by the minister. To save the Halberd, Meta Knight will have to go up against his own men.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
back to a few posts ago,

for the bosses of subspace. i think Shadow lugia should be included in there. that would be amazing. also titan dweevil from Pikmin 2, maybe one of the new bosses from super mario galaxy. Metroid prime. Rildey wont be a boss because he will hopefull be playable. Maybe Black knight will end up being a boss. the real andross from star fox! King boo from luigi's mansion, darkrai maybe as a boss. who knows. king K. krool from donkey Kong. Zant would be an amazing boss fight but i would like him to be playable. or instead of Zant, some twilight bosses like stallord(Who was mentioned earlier) The biolizard from Sonic 2 battle or shadow, i would like him as playable too, or dr. robotnik. whatever bosses are in solid snake.

I probably forgot quite a few bosses but these were at the top of my head. so yeah im done.

~Shadow plusle

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
U must all remember how the kirby games work! The creator of Kirby, also Smash's proud parent, ALWAYS has a twist at teh end of the game! Once you beat the game, it gives you a little bit of info which puts everything into place. It gives you the one clue you need to know WTF is going on. Expect this in smash. That is what I'm thinking.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
that could work bu the more i think about my origional idea the more it makes sense.

i mean look at it since if when you first play the game you can play through the Mode without any unlockables (maybe unlocking some other characters too on the way) and then rather than repeat it all over again (even with two teams) you can go to a secret level to recruit the unlocked character into your team.

there is a world map so different worlds and levels will be in there with the new characters.

also you can play previous levels over again with the new characters (as shown in various pics and videos)

and that would be annoying to unlock all the characters through story mode would get tedious i think that different requirements in different modes encourage us to try the other modes to unlock all the secrets rather than stick with one - two modes
this still seems like a good idea.

it will add to the game prevent it from getting too tedious and have a different option to add

also the unlockable characters willthen be put into the story line and will have a part so you can play with your favotite character but you can complete the game without unlocking any characters but when you do unlock them they are added to the story.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of unlocking some characters in SSE, but I don't like the idea of them all being unlocked through it. One of the things I liked about Melee was that there was a wide variety of ways of unlocking the different characters, and it was much more down to chance than anything else. For example, to get Luigi you had to finish the first stage of Adventure mode with "2" as the last digit in the timer. Who would consider specifically trying that without being told first? The alternate methods involving hours and matches played in VS seemed to be more aimed at people who preferred multi-player (apart from Mewtwo).

If all the characters were unlocked in SSE it would just be too easy and linear. You'd know that if you carried on playing it eventually you'd get every character.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
In my opinion, there is nothing tedious about playing through a visually stunning, fun, boss coated Story Mode

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, there is nothing tedious about playing through a visually stunning, fun, boss coated Story Mode
And of course you will probably be able to skip all the cut-scenes. If anyone thinks it's going to be tedious, they can simply play it long enough to unlock whatever then quit. That is a wierd complaint.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
ur right there is nothing tedious about the SSE

though i still think that the "different paths" concept works allowing more characters to be in the story line.

Top Bottom