• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Frogla

Smash Ace
I like the idea of unlocking some characters in SSE, but I don't like the idea of them all being unlocked through it. One of the things I liked about Melee was that there was a wide variety of ways of unlocking the different characters, and it was much more down to chance than anything else. For example, to get Luigi you had to finish the first stage of Adventure mode with "2" as the last digit in the timer. Who would consider specifically trying that without being told first? The alternate methods involving hours and matches played in VS seemed to be more aimed at people who preferred multi-player (apart from Mewtwo).

If all the characters were unlocked in SSE it would just be too easy and linear. You'd know that if you carried on playing it eventually you'd get every character.
whats wrong with that. this is aimed at the new gamer so why not.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen anyone post about the number of characters in SSE, but...to anyone that cares.

I did a little analysis on the characters on the update "Team" on the Oct. 5th update, it seems there are 14 characters in all, just something to think about. o.o

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen anyone post about the number of characters in SSE, but...to anyone that cares.

I did a little analysis on the characters on the update "Team" on the Oct. 5th update, it seems there are 14 characters in all, just something to think about. o.o
That just means not everyone's playable in one go. We already knew that from only being able to save one princess.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

Ever tink this was one team? It means, perhaps, that those slots can only be filled wit certain characters, BUT, if you take a different path n the story, the characters could change. I gues. I thhnk all playable multi player characters will be playable in SE. Why NOT?

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I feel like SSE will be like a combination of Event mode and Adventure mode in Melee. I think you may have to unlock the other characters (maybe by playing through SEE and multiplayer) to progress fully. Naturally, towards the end of the game you'll have more selection of characters.

It looks to me like the red triangle is a scroll down button, so more then 14 characters will be playable.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I feel like SSE will be like a combination of Event mode and Adventure mode in Melee. I think you may have to unlock the other characters (maybe by playing through SEE and multiplayer) to progress fully. Naturally, towards the end of the game you'll have more selection of characters.

It looks to me like the red triangle is a scroll down button, so more then 14 characters will be playable.
ummm.................. well maybe so but i think that the SSE can be played through with just the starters and as you unlock characters in the game their respective story line gets added to the SSE and they can join one of your teams

RedKnight

Smash Ace

I cant believe you're the only one who thought of scrolling down. I mean come on people. We know about 3 teams already. There are the two shown here, then the newly formed Fox and Diddy. Somehow I think there will be more than that, though some may merge at certain points.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I cant believe you're the only one who thought of scrolling down. I mean come on people. We know about 3 teams already. There are the two shown here, then the newly formed Fox and Diddy. Somehow I think there will be more than that, though some may merge at certain points.
Don't forget team DK and Diddy. So that makes 4 teams we know about.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I reffered to Diddy and Fox instead of Diddy and DK, because it would seem that DK is...out of the picture at the moment.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Maybe something like that, I just think he was captured or is not playable at that time because of whatever happened. im sure hell be back later though. Maybe who you choose (Diddy or Dk) will affect who meets up with Fox

Also I think this thread really needs to be Official and Sickied and all that crap

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Maybe something like that, I just think he was captured or is not playable at that time because of whatever happened. im sure hell be back later though. Maybe who you choose (Diddy or Dk) will affect who meets up with Fox

Also I think this thread really needs to be Official and Sickied and all that crap
Yeah, cause I had a hard time finding it...without using the search button, anyway. And a point that I wanted to bring up was:

With the inclusion of Gray/Grey Fox as an Assist Trophy, third party AT are confirmed. Does that mean third party bosses are on the way, too?

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I sure don't want 3party characters be part of the SSE.
It could add so much to the story already. I mean, I know that SE will probably be pretty long as it is, but the inclusion of Sonic and Snake in the story would be amazing. I mean, think about it. How awesome would it be if there was, for example, a boss fight between Fox and Rayquaza, and then a following cut scene revealing Solid Snake watching the fight in the jungle through binoculars! I think it would open up SE so much more.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Plus weve already seen Sonic in the SE

BTW BUMP!

WE MUST KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE
:smiliegor:smash::chainsaw::rocket::ouch::laser::burst::bigrocket:teleportg::sniper::enforcer::uzi:

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
or they could put difficulty levels...

but seriously, since when have mario or kirby's enemies ever been known for their AI? I say mario or kirby because i'm guessing that's where most fo the influence will come from. It's not about the AI of the neemies and the stage, it's about how you progress through them.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
okay then......

well this game is looking awesome

though i hope that there are going to be different paths and levels to recruit more characters as you unlock them in the game

that would be sweet!!

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I just bet Ill be able to play through this game 30 times without ever playing through all the same bosses and levels :cool:

Also, I had a new idea for the SE, there could be a Story Mode, where you play through the levels from start to finish, or however it works, and then there could be just a Stage Select mode, where you can choose your "team" of characters then pick a level to play on (you may have to pick the stage then the characters, since the number of characters in your group seems to be decided by the level)

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
had a thought..At could play a big part in sse as real enemys eg metroid or even Lyn could pose as a final help that stops ridley from tearing your guts out(though saying ridley would always win unless vs samus:()

RedKnight

Smash Ace
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26643.htmlAwesome, just got finished making some observations about those gameplay vids on Gametrailer. Everyone rememebr those Smash Bros symbols on the side when you're through the levels? Some people thought it had something to do with "powering up" but after watching some of these levels, ive figured out that those symbols represent your stock.

Notice how in this picture they have dots next to
there picture (stock) but in these SE vids those dots are absent

Watch this vid: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26643.html

Look at how when DK joins in, one of those symbols on the side dissapears(like hes borrowing a stock from Player 1)

also notice how in this vid http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26688.html youve only got one life (it would seem that the same goes for kirby in this case) this is probably since this match between Mario and Kirby is a sort of fight to the death (or the first KO) it may also be because this is the start of SE, and you have to earn more lives. This would seem a good option, because I think survivng through side-scrolling levels is much easier than surviving through a string of VS matches. Just another way SE is cool.

[more observations and theories coming soon]

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I never actually considered that DK could have been turned into a trophy. In fact, i've not thought of it happening to any other characters aside from Zelda, so it's a really interesting and exciting thought!

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I would say that the Ancient Minister is Metaknight, because of the eyes, but then again, that could be a coincidence, as there is a picture of Metaknight as a playable character in the game. strange...

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Does anyone think Emissary will have character selection (other then the two that u chose b4 playing) I don't I think that it's one big story, but it will be hours long.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
People have been complaining that Unlockable characters will not be in SE or they will be unlocked through SE yadayadayada, but has anyone ever thought that after unlocking a new character through something else they could then appear in the SE. Sorta like how Falco is in the Adventure Mode after you unlock him

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I think it's not to unlikely that after completing a level you will be able to go back and play it again either with any other characters you have unlocked or with any characters currently in your team. Alternatively ,this might happen after completing the whole mode.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Of course, you can replay levels, as shown on the DOJO,but they are with the original characters, though I think that Emissary will be long. maybe 5-6 hours.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
The thing that worries me about this mode is that the formula will be:

Short fight
Cutscene
Boss
Short fight
Boss etc..

Just look at the Pit trailer on gametrailers. It was really short.

Top Bottom