• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world | Story mode in brawl? | CO-OP!? | Bowser and ridly are up to this. PROOF

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Ok, I was skeptical at first, but after looking at this some more, I'm convinced that Sakurai is in fact embedding hidden messages in the clouds in a very clever, if not sinister, publicity move. Bowser is clearly there, but I believe there is something more subtle at work here. Something far more revealing.

For reference, here is the original picture once more:

So, we've all seen Bowser, seemingly flying ahead of Halberd. But has anyone bothered to look closely at the open patch of sky above and behind the ship?

Here is a closer look:

Now, it may not look like anything at first, but something about it just seemed off to me. Something was... unnatural about a patch of sky that could look like that. It's unlike anything I've ever seen for sure.

I still couldn't see anything though, so I blended the area of interest a bit, thinking that maybe pixellation caused by the low resolution was hiding the truth behind this picture. Here is the result:

Still, I didn't see anything, but my instincts told me to continue searching. I just KNEW there was something substantial here.

Next I zoomed in on the upper right portion of the picture:

Notice anything yet? It's very hard for the untrained eye to see, but when I forwarded my findings to a friend who is experienced in studying the paranormal and messages being encoded in seemingly everyday objects, he drew my attention to this region:

We studied this portion of the picture for hours this afternoon, certain that something dark and terrible lie in its depths. The revelations in this picture had to go far beyond simply revealing boss characters for this game. I think Sakurai is trying to warn us about the root causes of evil in our OWN world.

When scholars and mathematicians decoded hidden messages in the Holy Bible, their procedure for finding them centered around a method of computer analysis that searched for common words that are embedded in the text, with equal spacing between each character. The letters would be arranged into a grid, and various spacings would be tested to see if any common words or phrases could be found. The results were quite staggering, and hidden messages drawing what seem to be very specific references to historic events were found all over the Bible. I was convinced that something similar was at work here, only using pixels instead of characters, and images rather than words.

I tried various algorithms to analyze the narrow portion between the two large oval-shaped masses outlined in red in the above picture. After a while, I was able to come up with a DSP algorithm for analyzing the region of interest and came up with results that will shock you:

At last the terrifying truth was becoming clear. I inverted the colors back to their original state and performed some other modifications to clean up the image. Here is the final result:

BEA ARTHUR IS SATAN

It's all so obvious. The Prince of Darkness has walked among us in disguise as a woman all this time. I don't know why I missed all the obvious signs... her television career, her psychotic actions in airport security a while back... it just makes so much sense now. And now our greatest fears have been confirmed by Sakurai himself. Nobody will be able to deny it for much longer.

Thank you to all those who posted so diligently in this thread for opening my eyes, and inspiring me to dig deeper into this image.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You guys are ridiculous, the clouds show NOTHING. It's just a coincidence, holy crap. You guys are discussing what's in the clouds more than gameplay possibilities and the possibility of a story mode shown in this update.
I have to agree with this.

It does look like Bowser, but so what? It's just a coincidence. -_-

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
And I thought this place was supposed to be the "hardcore" and smarter portion of the Smash franchise. Guess I was wrong. -_-;

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
If they are figures, then I think the one that everybody thinks is Ridley is King K Rool. Look, his crazy eye is even there. Ridley is looking down on the left side. Directly to the left of Bowser is Bowser Jr. Master Hand in the middle, Wolf on the left, Ganon on the left.

But then again I'm all up for the "they are just clouds" theory too.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I can understand people who say they can see Ridley/Master Hand etc etc.

But to the guys who say they can't see bowser and that they're just clouds....

You're F ucking Blind. Bowser is clearly up there, and those Clouds are unnatural looking... look at the first pic or any other pic in the Dojo Site, and tell me if they're just comon clouds...

Because i mean, we all know it's very common to see Red clouds coming from nowhere in the sky...

Seriously.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Now that that has been cleared up (Hopefully), I hope that the arena shown in this update is an actual stage you can fight on in versus mode, not only is it have all the qualities of Final Destination, it has better ones too. It's bigger, it's prettier, etc. Also, I see why people say that might be Bowser, but it's just a coincidence. I highly doubt it has any effect on anything at all.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Yeah... it's a "Coincidence" that the 3d modelers "Accidently" modeled Bowser's face and claws into the clouds. </sarcasm>

Dumbest. Suggestion. Ever.

It's quite obvious that Bowser's in the clouds. The others... not quite as obvious and most likely wild speculation.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Wow, I thought thet part about bowser in the clouds was just coincedence but I just saw his head coming out of the clouds, crazy, and who is that guy that dropped down, the man who will break the rules?

Shouldnt we be focusing onthe mystery figure that supposedly breaks the rules of the world. He has kind of a half smash symbol on him, anyone ever seen a character like this in any videogame before?

(I just woke im tired excuse my spelling errors)

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Well this seems to be interesting

Did anyone figure since bowser was shown in an update on the site before this update that this was planned?

I mean that if we saw this update before bowser was confirmed there would be thousands of threads like "OMG bowser confirmed!" or something similar. There is already several threads about ridley and sonic being confirmed.

so this seems like a new adventure mode with some new minions.

Shuma

Smash Hero
" Also, I see why people say that might be Bowser, but it's just a coincidence. I highly doubt it has any effect on anything at all."

yes.... quite a coincidence to have Mario there and suddenly have big Evil clouds look like Bowser.
[/sarcasm]

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Yeah... it's a "Coincidence" that the 3d modelers "Accidently" modeled Bowser's face and claws into the clouds. </sarcasm>

It's quite obvious that Bowser's in the clouds. The others... not quite as obvious and most likely wild speculation.
Yeah, Bowser is defiantly in there. Ridley? I don't know, but I doubt it. I hope so though!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Let's end this Topic right here(the cloud topic that is)

We are sure Bowser's there, all other clouds are speculation, although it wouldn't be weird if other villains show up in the clouds, you know with the "a terrible thing will happen" and all that.

I assume having Villains like Ridley, Metaknight, Bowser, Ganon etc etc team up would be a terrible thing.

Fact: Bowser is in the clouds.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman

Yes. It is a coincidence, I'm a spriter and some of the textures in my sprites resemble characters that I did not intend to create. When making something as complex and random as clouds, it's very easy to make something look like something it isn't. I'd like to see you make 3D cloud models as complex as these and not have something look like something else.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I say it's Dynablade in the clouds.

Take that.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer

No. It's not obvious at all. Once again, look at how "obvious" it is that Satan appeared in the 9/11 clouds. Or the Shroud of Turin. Or seeing the Virgin Mary in a jar of peanut butter. Ever heard of a rorschach test?

Clouds are ambiguous. That is why we've all lain on the grass pretending to see ducks and tigers in the sky. The power of suggestion is an impressive thing. Saying it existstherefor everyone can see it, and because everyone can see it it must exist is circular logic.

This was such an awesome update :(

Shuma: We are in no way AT ALL sure that Bowser is there. Just some shapes that when you squint it kinda looks like something resembling bowser.

So, Fact: Clouds come together in such a way that splotches of light and dark comes to resemble a face. We don't know anything about intent, or what is actually there (nothing). Your "fact" is pure speculation.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What's so significant about having Bowser in the clouds anyways?

It suggests nothing... we already know he's returning. >_>

Shuma

Smash Hero
Sprites and 3d models are 2 very diferent things, and scav. Yeah Metaknight ship must also be a coincidence.

Tanea

Smash Ace
others

the master hand and wolf are in there too and along with two others but i couldn't find them

masterhand= right above the cruiser it's knukles are facing us

wolf= he is n ext to the master hand look for his patch

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
What's so significant about having Bowser in the clouds anyways?

It suggests nothing... we already know he's returning. >_>
I agree with this fully as well. While I don't think that's Bowser in the clouds anyway, what importance would it hold if it WAS him anyway? Also, I can only see Bowser in the clouds anyway, and I still think it's just a coincidence. Why put an unimportant character in the clouds to speculate about, when there's nothing to speculate?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Sprites and 3d models are 2 very diferent things, and scav. Yeah Metaknight ship must also be a coincidence.
What are you talking about? Nobody is contesting that Metaknight's ship is there. It's clearly rendered. If I see a platypus in the sky, I know it's my mind playing tricks. That doesn't mean I'm also saying the airplane beneath it is fake.

Fact versus speculation. Fact: Metaknight's ship is in the picture. Fact: Amorphous blobs that look like a face are in the picture.

Veo

Smash Rookie
Now that that has been cleared up (Hopefully), I hope that the arena shown in this update is an actual stage you can fight on in versus mode, not only is it have all the qualities of Final Destination, it has better ones too. It's bigger, it's prettier, etc. Also, I see why people say that might be Bowser, but it's just a coincidence. I highly doubt it has any effect on anything at all.
The only problem I see with haveing this stage playable is that it has walls so you would have to go for a vertical Kill every time

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Good LORD people they're just OMNIOUS CLOUDS!

Stop over thinking this!

And even if it IS Bowser in the clouds...I suggest this to you.

SO WHAT?!

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Scav:

I think it's clear that having the Clouds look like Bowser, isn't just a coincidence.

Mario and Kirby are there.

Kirby get's the Halberd and Mario the big spooky cloud that looks like Bowser.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
The only problem I see with haveing this stage playable is that it has walls so you would have to go for a vertical Kill every time
I don't see a problem with that, it'd make matches longer. Also upward kills would work. I don't see why they would make a stage as beautifully modeled as this and not have it playable. I hope it's playable in story mode at least.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I agree with this fully as well. While I don't think that's Bowser in the clouds anyway, what importance would it hold if it WAS him anyway? Also, I can only see Bowser in the clouds anyway, and I still think it's just a coincidence. Why put an unimportant character in the clouds to speculate about, when there's nothing to speculate?
A reason to put him in the clouds along with any other villains would be to suggest an alliance among the evil characters of the game. Atleast that seems like a good reason to me.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
For me, right now?

To prove you're wrong. :p
Well, if that cloud was intended to be Bowser, it raises the chances that is Ridley a little bit. :(

What are you talking about? Nobody is contesting that Metaknight's ship is there. It's clearly rendered. If I see a platypus in the sky, I know it's my mind playing tricks. That doesn't mean I'm also saying the airplane beneath it is fake.

Fact versus speculation. Fact: Metaknight's ship is in the picture. Fact: Amorphous blobs that look like a face are in the picture.
Your a little slow aren't you. He wasn't impying that..

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Scav, Shuma is clearly right. The game's creators obviously have nothing better to do than to design clouds that look vaguely like characters when inspected in still shots.

(And Shuma, as for your brilliant comment that "sprites and 3d models are very different things": do you think graphic designers take the time to individually model every cloud that occurs in a 3d image, or do you think they are randomly generated? I could ask a few professors on campus who happen to specialize in that sort of thing if you'd like. But if you want me to spare you the suspense - you're wrong)

This thread is making me lose faith in mankind. And fast.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't see a problem with that, it'd make matches longer. Also upward kills would work. I don't see why they would make a stage as beautifully modeled as this and not have it playable. I hope it's playable in story mode at least.
I doubt the stage will be playable, though. It looks a lot like the one in the intro to SSBM, which was obviously not playable.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
The faces in the clouds totally make sense and are very plausible, especially given the text in the update.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe there are some people here that believe those shots are in-game.
They're obviously not in-game playing graphics, but they look like they were taken from a cut scene.

Maybe you didn't read my post. It would be significant in the way that it suggests an alliance. It gives perhaps a glimpse on what the story mode might hold.
I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom