• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you feel are wrong in SSB4?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
- Donkey Kong only having 2 reps. 4.5 months later, and it still burns a little.

- Classic Mode doesn't feel very classic at all. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I find it a chore to complete honestly. I still haven't even completed it with all characters I don't think. Typically, that's something I usually do within the first week of launch, but this time, I find myself avoiding it in favour of Master / Crazy Orders, All-Star, and everything else.

- DK has only two reps while KI has three and FE has four (possibly five)
- Too many characters with counters (and CPUs spamming them)
- 75m returning (worst stage in Brawl tied with Rumble Falls)
- Smash Tour
- Dark Pit being separate character instead of Alph
- Lack of villains
- No Wolf

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Things i hate on 3DS:

-Little Mac having so many palette swaps yet Black and White Wario being gone.
-Some trophies and items being way too strong. I remember back in the days when i used to enjoy playing Smash with all items on. Now i have to ban half of the items..
-Only one Smash Run map, Smash Run fights sometimes lasting way too short, Break the targets only existing on this mode, wtf:(
-Charizard, Greninja, wheres the grass pokemon? Put Grovyle in the roster please!
-Trophy Rush should be in solo mode. Break the target should be in solo mode. Race to the finish should be in solo mode. Dear god, solo mode is so bland.

And the rest.. Rosalina, Palutena, CPUs goes ******** in solo mode, Core boss being way too easy, etc.

The roster.. idk if i should hate or love it. Looks like someones been using paint for the backgrounds.

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
We can't use Miis online like REALLY Sakurai-San? If they are offensive people can just report them. Other than that ssb4 has been a great game.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Rolls are so braindead in this game. They need less invincibility frames, or endlag, or something. People will just roll all goddamn day.

D

Deleted member

-Lack of Miis availability in Online. New costumes just make me more mad.
-Smash Tour is lame. If anything, smash run across systems wouldve been nice.
-Lack of Story Mode. " people upload cutscenes that we work REALLLLLY hard on!!! " for christs sake you made the recent Kid Icarus game full of that.
-:4wiifit:. This character is interesting but who the hell decided to put a fitness trainer in as a newcomer?
-Intial roster packed with direct clones rather than the return of Snake or a newcomer.
-Minimal unlockable fighters in Wii U version.
-Olimar can't use Rock Pikmin. Also, if the other Pikmin captains make it in as costumes that would be so cool.
-Koopalings are plain clones of Bowser Jr rather than mages like they were in the Mario games.
-Series such as :4falcon: or :4samus: continue to lack reps while they can have so many.
-Whole Star Fox representation should be Star Fox team vs. Star Wolf team ( playable Krystal, Wolf, Leon and Panther )
-Similarities with Brawl are just a few but i'd definitely like some new menu sounds.
-Miiverse stage can't be used in online battles. ( unconfirmed )
-Stages that return from atleast Brawl are severely lacking. :porttown:? Don't get me wrong i love F-Zero but why the hell couldnt they come up with a new level for the series? Also everytime i get :75M: online i get mad, because it's hard to fight on it.
-Youtube Replay saving didn't come with the game.
-:4ganondorf: should be closer to his home series.
- :4wario2: Same as above, with Warioland.
- Make :4lucario: function like in PM. I want to be encouraged to fight better not get hurt!
- Classic Mode isn't classic.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
The awful online. Nobody on Earth has a good connection and Nintendo doesn't help at all. The opponents just roll all the ******* match and smash me in the face. Then when I'm about to punish lag comes in and then I get punished. And then the mother******* jerks taunt. And I despise FD only because people do nothing but spam at the ledge, and with the horrible input lag it's impossible to punish a single thing. I wish they just made a hazard switch. Also, footstools. They are cheap, unfun, and they are responsible of all the infinites in the game.

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
the mechanic for shield stun is a pain in the ass. almost no characters have enough "safe" moves on shield, which makes this game very defensive at times and campy.

dlc characters have no custom moves.

custom moves in general (especially the op ones, like the paralyzers.)

"you get a fire emblem character, you get a fire emblem character, you get a fire emblem character!" seriously, what about the metriod, f-zero, punch-out, or even sonic franchises?

everyone can recover from ANYWHERE. except little mac, and gannondorf.

so, instead of turning off stage hazards for an option, you just make everything flat instead?

patches, patches, patches. and they are always hit and misses in each one. (you nerfed zelda. wow.)

can i please play STOCK and not time when it comes to online?

still a great game, and an awesome job. but some of this stuff could have been easily changed.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Lil Mac
No shield stun, therefore
Shield grabbing spam
Brawl theme not being on the 3DS Version. >.>

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Maybe this is because I've only played 2 Metroid games, but what other characters in the series would be good reps? Ridley is out and I don't think anyone would be too excited about Dark Samus.
how about the SA-X from the metroid fusion series? only other good one i can think of...
speaking of characters, anyone remember emerl from the sonic series? he was in sonic x and in sonic battle, he would be a cool fighter...but nobody knows who that is...anyway he could have copy abilities like kirby, but with a twist, since he can copy an entire character in the sonic series, maybe he can copy different b moves of characters (but only one b-move at a time).

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
speaking of characters, anyone remember emerl from the sonic series? he was in sonic x and in sonic battle, he would be a cool fighter...but nobody knows who that is...anyway he could have copy abilities like kirby, but with a twist, since he can copy an entire character in the sonic series, maybe he can copy different b moves of characters (but only one b-move at a time).
To be honest, if we were to get another "copy" character, I'd rather it be Smeargle. :235:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
it is too hard to kill even if the game is more paced than brawl it's still slow... but in brawl at least there were clear kill move...in smash4 it is so hard to get get a clear finish...

sovereigntea

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0146-9845-1024
For the 3DS Version since its what I have:

1. They took out IC rather than just making it one character
  2. Little Mac is a horrible character who shouldn't exist
  3. Missed opportunities with stages. Rather than have Omega versions I would have preferred if they would have had a way to turn gimmicks off. I would love to play with an actually interesting stage layout (WarioWare for instance) without having it just be a flat party. Or hell it would be nice to play on the MegaMan stage without the Yellow Devil
  4. Less mario stages. He has 1/8th of the total characters but close to like 1/5th of the total stages. Its ludicrous.
  5. Too many redone stages. I would prefer original stages-feels lazy otherwise
  6. There should be no moving stages on the 3DS. Its absolutely terrible.
  7. A more powerful 3DS that could actually handle the game with smooth wifi would be appreciated XP
  8. The ability to friend random strangers who you actually like playing with (honestly I sometimes wish that smash bros. was just out on steam XP)
  9. Less random pairing. Pair up online opponents according to skill.
  10. Separate online modes for national/international. Nothing is more frustrating than getting 60 Korean players in a row who quick because they see that you have a name written in English characters and assume that there will be lag in a match.
  11. Some mechanism to show how strong your connection is with people so you know who to drop.
  12. Better spread of items. When you actually want to play with items its terrible because they are all overpowered.
  13. D-Pad as c-stick would be appreciated. More control over button layout in general would be much appreciated. X and Y don't have to BOTH be jump
  14. 3 Stock matches would be better than 2 stock matches.
  15. Voice Chat in friendly online matches would be nice
  16. No Ridley :c
  17. Certain characters are simply not balanced adequately.
  18. Lacklustre selection of music. I would rather have more musical choice.
  19. I wish they took all the time they spent making trophies and put it towards other things (like the aforementioned music)
  20. Little Mac has 16 colour swaps. Why doesn't Wario?
  21. Does Zero Suit Samus really have to be in the game?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
I feel the speed/lag of things is off balanced in this game. The rolls, the landing lag, the hitstun. Some characters can attack and then shield immediately and some cant. Some characters can do an aeriel attack, land and shield immediately while some cant. Surprisingly like LINK can, but toonlink a much lighter character suffers major landing lag, doesn't make since to me.

Last edited:

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
too many attacks whiff and the same for grabs. killing is difficult. some characters that were great in brawl are trash here because of terrible patches. Custom moves being a b**** to unlock as you constantly get duplicate or moves for some other character than the one you are playing as. Online being half- a***** as you can't do custom rule sets, you can't choose your stages or check someone's connection. the lack of a ranking system hurts this games online badly as you will run into spammers or really good players a lot and it might turn people away from the game. Why are they just now doing a tournament mode for this game? They should take pointers from Mario kart 8 as there is customization when playing with random people and you can play in your own region without getting matched with people all over the world. The mechanics are so bad, rage wasn't necessary, unless your character has a bad recovery there is no reason to change the ledge mechanics. Some of the character choices are absurd, Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario? Doc should have been a costume, Dark Pit should have been a semi-clone or costume, We already have Robin, why does Lucina need to be here as she is worse than marth in everything!

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
1. Grabbing being overpowered/used
2. Patches ruining my replays
3. Patches in general, balance patches are good, nerfing every character that is performing well is bad.
4. For Glory Links/Toon Links that spam when there's lag
5. Shields are a bit too resilient in this game. They rarely break and they regenerate very quickly.
6? Either the patches are making the CPUs more like the average For Glory player of the average For Glory player are basing their play-style on the CPUs.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
1.Rage
2.Lack of Shield Stun
3.Custom moves being a real pain to unlock
4.Customs are cumbersome to use. Why can't I just choose which ones I want to use in Character Select and why are they paired up with equipment.
5.Having to change the game to 2/3 stocks every time I come back on
6.Classic Mode not allowing me to keep playing on the difficulty I chosen when I lose
7. I like the new ledge mechanics but do not like the inability to edge hog
8.Omegas not being exactly like Final Destination
9.Not having voice chat enabled during matches with friends
10.No ground-to-air momentum
11.No L-Cancelling
12.Ledge Sweetspot too big
13.Smash 4's Airdodge system
14.The main theme
15.Characters that should of been alternative costumes are instead carbon copies with detrimental effects

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
DK's grab. Ok, so here is this massive ape with arms the size of tree trunks,yet he only reaches out about a foot away. Seriously?

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
1- Dreamland
2- Doctor Mario's mobility: Why slower than DDD?
3- No Shieldstun
4- People who don't get that's it's a fighting game: Retreating is a strategy, but not throughout the entire fight
5- Heavyweight getting ruined by being unable to land effectively
6- Why are FE charas so unappealing & generic?
7- Wario should be related to Warioland, not Warioware
8- Why are TloZ charas all cancerous?
9- Why no Yoshi Story but the other Yoshi stage?
10- Bowser Jr should be a bowser semi clone, imo. Or something related to his main appearance: Mario Sunshine.
11- Why is Bowser as fast as Pikachu
12- Why are all newcomers beside WFT/DH/Pac-Man so unappealing?
13- Every possibly difficult challenge is made harder in cheap ways, it's not difficulty, it's just dumb.

Elcheer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Elcheer
3DS FC
4742-8083-5677
1. 75m
2. They did Olimar/Alph and Male/Female Robin. Why the **** not Marth/Lucina?
3. Little Mac has 16 color palettes. Why?
4. Getting custom moves.
5. Still no option for setting default match settings.
6. Lack of good stages on 3DS.
7. This video would explain how I feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_6c9Y0ZZ3U
8. RIP 1.0.8/1.0.9 Replays. Killed by Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU version 1.1.0 on July 30th, 2015

Last edited:

Elcheer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Elcheer
3DS FC
4742-8083-5677
Double Post FailFIsh

Last edited:

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
Mii fighter attacks are intentionally nerfed versions of other characters.

As opposed to simply being a character that fights with equal potency to other characters. Mii fighters act like the Dan Hibiki of the smash world.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Tether grabs are garbage. It sounds all good and well, but simply running up and grabbing is often easier. Either make 'em longer, or reduce the horrible lag.
zAirs are fine, so is tether recovery, the grab itself just needs to be more useful.

There's also no DLC costumes for non-Miis. I'd definitly buy that sort of content for characters I like.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
foot stools because they make downward air attacks redundant/MAKES THEM MISS.

Online play being really REALLY terrible. Like omg have you not asked capcom how to do online play?

You didn't put Ryu in as a favour to capcom but instead ASKED for it? Shoulda been all like, yo cappy, we'll put ryu on our roster if you give us the secret to decent online frame rates.

Instead of what really happened.

Hello MR CAPCOM-sama. Will you give us ryu so we can promote our game that doesnt need promotion? Pretty please?

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Oh, I got a lot of stuff that I think is wrong with this game;
  • New clone characters that are either only tiny edits of the original (Dark Pit) or merely neutered versions of the original (Lucina).
  • Over-focusing on certain franchises (Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem) and neglecting of others (Metroid, Donkey Kong)
  • Pretty much none of the newcomers were highly popular picks except for Little Mac, Megaman and Pacman.
  • SO. MANY. FRIGGIN'. SWORDFIGHTERS.
  • Too many gimmicky stages that aren't fun to play.
  • Items that are plain ridiculous (GUST BELLOWS).
  • Characters like Ridley are too big, yet Olimar isn't too small? What kind of bull**** logic is that?
  • HOLY **** ROLLING IS SO OBNOXIOUS
  • Lucario 101 in Smash 4: Aura + Rage = Death. How did this not get found in testing?!
  • SPAM ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! GET YOUR FREE SPAM ON FOR GLORY!
  • Oh, you're playing Little Mac? HAVE FUN GETTING LEDGE CAMPED ALL THE TIME ONLINE.
  • AIR DODGES. AIR DODGES EVERYWHERE.
  • Oh, you want every custom move? HAVE FUN GRINDING A RANDOMIZED SYSTEM.
  • Oh, you like playing Greninja at launch? GRENINJA NERFS ALL DAY EVERY DAY LOL
  • "Accurate to canon" equals "Clone of made-up moveset with darkness instead of fire"? WHAT?
  • "Accurate to canon" equals "Samus outside of specially-made battle armor is far better than Samus in said battle armor, even though it's opposite in the games"? SERIOUSLY?
  • "Accurate to canon" equals "One of the tallest characters in the game is well over 100 pounds, but is one of the lightest characters because he floats"? REALLY?
Yeah, I better cut myself off before I go insane. :p

kingofconeyisland

Smash Rookie
NNID
coneyislandking
- way too many mario stages. unfair how franchises like earthbound and f zero only get 1 but mario gets like 8?
- rolling is annoying
- so little shield stun
- peach doesnt have the panties from melee & brawl, she has a black hole now :(
- IC's wolf and snake got cut
- Sonic doesnt say "You're too slow!"

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
- way too many mario stages. unfair how franchises like earthbound and f zero only get 1 but mario gets like 8?
- rolling is annoying
- so little shield stun
- peach doesnt have the panties from melee & brawl, she has a black hole now :(
- IC's wolf and snake got cut
Both Earthbound and F-Zero are pretty much dead, so...

Top Bottom