• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
When I beat a baddie 20 times with different characters and try to win with Wii Fit Trainer and lose and they leave :3

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
@ ChaoticMarin: So now you're just acting childish because you can't address the points I've made, hiding behind memery and false confidence to cover your inability to hold your own in conversation? It's either delusion or you're too scared to address the points I've made (and considering your personality, I'd wager more on the former than the latter), but either way it's very funny. :laugh: Stay salty my friend!

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
:4pit:"Is that all you got?"
*sigh* I really hate that taunt... Especially when people spam that taunt after my opponent kills me...

Last edited:

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet
Taunting used to make me want to rip up my controller, but after a while I kinda got used to it...

Well, until I fought this really good :4mario:and :4megaman:,in which they taunted THE ENTIRE FIGHT. Yeah I would get a free jab or side b in once in a while, but he was WAY too good for me apparently, and kept doing it, which, unfortunately, led to me losing from anger and not having a clear head. Taunts once in a while to acknowledge a good player or for just joking around is fine, but doing it to the point of obnoxiousness really grinds my gears.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Something I realized I did earlier.

Hitting someone trying to recover, gimping their recovery, but then hitting them again to allow them to actually recover, only to to finish them as it's almost possible to reset to neutral.

Like if you have the stock closed out, let it close out. Don't get someone's hopes up by pulling punches.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: i should probably just point out since the OP states it that yes this is Massive salty bias this is just a salty post from a player who completely admits he's bad vs Mario.

In most cases the only thing i find disrespectful is taunting after an SD. a kill i can understand at least a little and frankly all taunts do is give me an excuse to do the same right back to them. i never am the first one to taunt and only taunt as a response to my opponent doing it first, with one exception which i'll get into now. (WARNING, SALTY RANT INC)

:4mario:Is the only character where i genuinely feel disrespected when they taunt me after a kill. this is mostly due to the fact that Mario is probably the easiest character to use in this game and the amount of times I've lost to Mario players blindly rolling and down smashing or grabbing and Utilting me to death has inherently given me a gigantic bias of hatred towards Mario. its my own fault completely and I've grown accustom to the general game plan of Mario players now, but that doesn't help my massive bias causing me to be the first one to taunt every time in a mario match.

frankly i don't feel like mario players deserve their taunt. whether i kill them first or they kill me first. when you can just do **** and get away with it 80% of the time it seems more like you're crutching rather than actually "outplaying" me. if i lose i lose, no johns here, but :4mario:Is a character whom i perceive as so easy mode, any and all taunts/teebags/whatever are complete disrespectful and undeserved
/rant

Last edited:

Dragonhunter970

Smash Apprentice
NNID
dragonhunter970
3DS FC
3368-2516-8545
What about them pisses you off? Is it that they are used a lot? I personally see people use a lot of different characters online,so I don't face multiple people all using the same character that often. It only happened to me when the game first came out in the US and almost every match people were using Lucina and it pissed me off seeing people use her so much,so use Marth who is one of my mains and in most cases beat them and left.
Well that is offensive to me.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
:4pit:"Is that all you got?"
*sigh* I really hate that taunt... Especially when people spam that taunt after my opponent kills me...
I'll take that any day over :pit: "You're not ready yet!" Ugh. The bad memories of Brawls online is coming back to me now.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Well I've personally just fought my most douchey player online. Alright, so our games connect and we're to be fighting each other in For Glory. I take a look at his mii. Holy ****! I've always found miis in For Glory to look pretty douchey, but this one definitely took the cake. I was laughing! I seriously don't know if it is possible to make a more smug looking mii. I go into battle with him then. He's Little Mac and I'm Shulk. I start out with Monado Speed while he does nothing, so I run in and pivot grab him, bringing him to the edge, and back throwing him off. Luckily for him he air dodged my Fair otherwise it would have been an immediate KO. The lag is about usual, about 1/4-1/3 second input lag, so I'm not treating the battle like it matters too much. Anyways, he got did a pivot grab on me which showed me he wasn't casual like most Little Macs I find.

Behaviors: Repeated/excessive taunting and going up and down on the controller repeatedly (is this teabagging?). He'd taunt or teabag any time he got the chance, such as after hitting me off stage but not killing me.
He did win the majority of the time too, so he was not doing this out of anger or anything. I was not very effected by the disrespectful actions and just kept going into battle to see if I could beat him. He definitely exhibited the same behaviors the entire time; he would not give it a break. Eventually, I beat him hard so he decided to go to Captain Falcon, a character Shulk is particularly bad against in Lag due to Shulk needing to meet Falcon's approaches with appropriate responses. While input delay does not really effect approaches as long as you know when to do your boost grab or hit A, the reaction to the approaches, which takes reaction time, is much worse off. He won a few more matches, being just as disrespectful as always, before I left.

Anyways, this really makes me wonder what he's like in real life. He's not somebody I would want to be around, for sure.

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet
Behaviors: Repeated/excessive taunting and going up and down on the controller repeatedly (is this teabagging?)
I've started to notice this as well. I faced a mario (What is it with me going up against good marios lately?) and all he did was go up and down. Mario's taunts are already obnoxious enough, but apparently that guy wanted to go to a whole new level of annoying.

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
When I beat a baddie 20 times with different characters and try to win with Wii Fit Trainer and lose and they leave :3
Similiar thing happened to me just now: I beat this guy about 5 times in a row using my main (Toon Link). He switched character after every match and he got 2 KOs in 5 matches. Then he switched to Link, as a way of using my own tactics against me I guess. The match was very even (also very laggy) but he managed to land that killing smash attack. After that he left. I bet he felt satisfied.

EDIT: I take back everything I said after I realised I was just whining for no reason.

Last edited:

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
I don't play a Mario and I definitely wasn't the one facing you, erico, but I think I have to apologize because I'm one of those people that does the up-and-down thing after I killed an opponent and I'm waiting for them to come back. I never taunt in matches unless they were being particularly douchey, but just standing there makes me antsy so I automatically go up and down just to do something and keep my fingers going. It was only recently that I realized this could be seen as tea-bagging and I quit doing it. So to anybody I may have faced, when I was popping up and down after I killed you, there weren't any smug intentions behind it, I promise. :-/

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I don't play a Mario and I definitely wasn't the one facing you, erico, but I think I have to apologize because I'm one of those people that does the up-and-down thing after I killed an opponent and I'm waiting for them to come back. I never taunt in matches unless they were being particularly douchey, but just standing there makes me antsy so I automatically go up and down just to do something and keep my fingers going. It was only recently that I realized this could be seen as tea-bagging and I quit doing it. So to anybody I may have faced, when I was popping up and down after I killed you, there weren't any smug intentions behind it, I promise. :-/
He was actually little mac. I find it interesting though that you do it to keep your fingers moving. I'll have to keep that in mind so I'm not being mistaken. I know that high level players dash dance to keep their fingers moving, so if you can do that it may be a better option for not accidentally offending. However, my fingers personally don't go that fast.:p

Last edited:

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
He was actually little mac. I find it interesting though that you do it to keep your fingers moving. I'll have to keep that in mind so I'm not being mistaken. I know that high level players dash dance to keep their fingers moving, so if you can do that it may be a better option for not accidentally offending. However, my fingers personally don't go that fast.:p
Yeah, the Mario was referring to GreatShal's post, and I was clarifying that it wasn't me playing you because Little Mac is actually one of my mains. I do need to get used to dash dancing. The only reason why I haven't been doing that so far is because I find it so hard to get exact button input and I tend to hang by the sides of the stage after a kill so I'm not directly below the person when they respawn. So I don't want to dash dance and accidentally dash off the edge. It's not that scary when I'm playing Yoshi or Lemmy, but air time is well-I'm-probably-dead-now time when playing Mac, so I want to be more careful with him.

But I'll certainly add that to the list of things I need to practice on. No more unintentionally tea-bagging people for me. :p

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
@ missla missla The best way to keep your thumbs occupied is by SH>nair>FF. If you watch tournament players they usually do that when they KO their opponent.

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
I want to know what you guys find disrespectful in a smash match. What pisses me off is when I accidentally SD and my opponent taunts me. I'm used to taunts being more of like "Yeah I just did that" instead of being "Haha, you suck" even though that is kind of what taunts are for.
You ever come across someone online who is constantly picking the same character you just used...........just to humiliate you or prove that they're better than you are? Admittedly, I am not the best Smash player in the world (though that doesn't mean you should underestimate me either!!), but that's really what came to mind as I was fighting this guy (or girl- WHOEVER THE HECK IT WAS I WAS FIGHTING). But I paid the player back........it was a hardball. I figured out the pattern and I got him back. I saw it after like two matches.

Last edited:

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
I have to admit, I don't understand how people find just using Little Mac disrespectful. Although, with Mac as one of my mains, maybe I have a bias, I don't know.

But in my experience, you only really have to be afraid of a Mac when the player knows him well and/or is a good player in general, and most Mac players I've seen don't. He's powerful if you use him right, but he's the absolute master of destruction (self or otherwise) if you don't. With most Little Mac players, all you have to do is lure them to the edge, hit or throw them off, and he's a goner. A good Little Mac player may be aggravating to face, but then again, any good player who plays any other character could be too. Maybe beginners spam his moves over and over again, but they do that with Charizard and Pikachu and a whole host of other characters too.

Even if Mac really is one of "the easiest characters for noobs to use," he's got the worst recovery in the game which balances him out.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
i dont find anything disrespectful because smash is just a game and im not edgy enough to get mad at videogames

Last edited:

Lancerblade

Smash Rookie
I have to admit, I don't understand how people find just using Little Mac disrespectful. Although, with Mac as one of my mains, maybe I have a bias, I don't know.

But in my experience, you only really have to be afraid of a Mac when the player knows him well and/or is a good player in general, and most Mac players I've seen don't. He's powerful if you use him right, but he's the absolute master of destruction (self or otherwise) if you don't. With most Little Mac players, all you have to do is lure them to the edge, hit or throw them off, and he's a goner. A good Little Mac player may be aggravating to face, but then again, any good player who plays any other character could be too. Maybe beginners spam his moves over and over again, but they do that with Charizard and Pikachu and a whole host of other characters too.

Even if Mac really is one of "the easiest characters for noobs to use," he's got the worst recovery in the game which balances him out.
when they're beginners its alright, but when u go against the more advanced players hes just a monster and it just isn't fun to play against him. with the speed of fox and a lot more power they have no trouble barraging u with hits and giving no room for recovery at all. And as if that wasnt bad enough he can charge up a free kill, the ridiculous amount of power in his KO punch is just too much. unless yur playing a heavy fighter like bowser it will take u out in one hit, even at 0%
it should be a more powerful hit for sure but not an instant kill

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
unless yur playing a heavy fighter like bowser it will take u out in one hit, even at 0%
it should be a more powerful hit for sure but not an instant kill
haha no? ko punch will never ohko you at 0%

i even managed to survive it at around 30-40%, i cant remember exactly the replay got deleted because updates...

but it may be that KO punch has more hitboxes, some strong and then weaker ones.

also, most people have trouble with mac because the ending lag of his moves is really low. so instead of punishing a move he uses, try to punish the one he uses right after

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Dudes that bail after one super close match, like wow your whack no re-count just gonna RUNAWAY?

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
Dudes that bail after one super close match, like wow your whack no re-count just gonna RUNAWAY?
so what? maybe he just didnt find it fun like you or he had to go...why you gotta act like it's some srs business? cringe

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
so what? maybe he just didnt find it fun like you or he had to go...why you gotta act like it's some srs business? cringe
I wasn't, THAT serious calm ya face cringin' prolly make wrinkles or sumtin. @.@

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I hate it when people choose a fast character and then runs away from you untill Sudden Death...

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Pretty much anyone who isn't fighting seriously. I had a couple of matches against Pit and Sonic where they would just fly/run away instead.

Kunoku

Smash Rookie
This might be hypocritical for me to say because I do this when I am bored, I find sandbagging disrespectful. When I'm trying to have a serious match and my opponent doesn't try or doesn't bother ;-;

Also when they sd after you take a stock...like they gave up and don't want to bother trying.

Last edited:

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
One that's disrespectful to me is when they just run away from you. They don't even bother to attack, they just jump away and run off. It's just a goose chase with them and it annoys me a lot.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I reallly hate when I face someone who is better than me and once they realize that, they start going out of their way to beat me with ridiculous moves like PK Thunder2 and the Warlock Punch.
Yes, I know I need practice. No need to rub it in with those attacks and a slew of taunts. -_-

Reksho

Smash Cadet
NNID
Reksho
3DS FC
3840-5902-9293
Lately I noticed that people started using their names as a means of communication. I like the idea but unfortunately there are a lot of idiots out there. It's not very fun when you beat someone three times and they select names as USUCK or NOLIFE. The salt is real.

Dragonspiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragonspiller
3DS FC
0748-2110-7145
I dislike when a player I've been struggling to beat leaves after I finally beat them. They stayed when they were winning but as soon as they lose, they leave. I wish I had friends to play with...

Jigglypumped

Smash Cadet
I can't help but think that any feelings of disrespect you get from people who you can't actually communicate with are totally one-sided on your end. You're assuming the worst of a person who could literally be a 12-yr old trying the game for the first time.

Dragonspiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragonspiller
3DS FC
0748-2110-7145
I can't help but think that any feelings of disrespect you get from people who you can't actually communicate with are totally one-sided on your end. You're assuming the worst of a person who could literally be a 12-yr old trying the game for the first time.
True.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I personally taunt a lot when I do good, and maybe come off as a little cocky now and then, so I have no problem with most taunters (Especially if they're really good.) - but the thing that irks me most is when players who blatantly spam or use cheap tactics taunt after a kill. Worst case scenario is when they act like something that happened was totally their doing and not by accident. I play Roy Koopa a lot so there's an occasional suicide if I'm not on top form, that's usually when it bothers me most.

Also, the stupid little repeated crouching pseudo-teabag-taunt crap that people do in 1v1. That really gets my blood boiling. Closest I even get to that is holding crouch (-and that's solely because I love the Koops "hiding in the clown kart" animations. -and when he pops back out is the absoloute best.).

Top Bottom