• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
How exactly is crouch spamming disrespectful?
I think the general player base sees crouch spamming as T-bagging. I can't really think of another reason to spam crouch. If you wanted to look cool I think holding crouch looks cooler.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think the general player base sees crouch spamming as T-bagging. I can't really think of another reason to spam crouch. If you wanted to look cool I think holding crouch looks cooler.
Where did you find data about what the general player base thinks in regards of crouch spamming? Source, please. At any rate, I crouch spam because it is silly and fun :) I only do it in the beginning of the match, though.
I think people are comparing it to teabagging in other online competitive games. It's... yeah. I don't know.
Weird, I never saw it that way and this is also the first time I see a comparison between crouching and teabagging.

Last edited:

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
Where did you find data about what the general player base thinks in regards of crouch spamming? Source, please. At any rate, I crouch spam because it is silly and fun :) I only do it in the beginning of the match, though.
Weird, I never saw it that way and this is also the first time I see a comparison between crouching and teabagging.
Sadly I cannot produce the numbers for you which is why I only think that people refer to it as T-bagging. As with other "omg im mad" threads I have seen others refer crouch spamming as T-bagging and have yet to see it as anything else up until yourself as saying it was silly and fun at the beginning. I haven't encountered anyone doing it in the beginning though, I usually see it after the opponent kills me or the rare occasion I SD, a good time to be T-baggin :[

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
At the beginning of the match, it's meant to be fun - like you say. But when the opponent takes a stock, and the crouch 5-6 times on the edge of the stage you died from - it is DEFINITELY meant to be tea bagging.

That said, I love doing this and when the opponent does it. I love the competition and fire it gives both of us.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I do it because Rosalina's crawl animation looks hilarious in 3DS smash because no dress physics.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
I repeatedly crouch when I play Ganondorf simply because it looks hilarious for him

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I don't anything disrespectful in terms of utilizing a game mechanic or move to win, or even taunting.

What I do, however, find disrespectful is when you get in a match that is generally okay lag-wise, then all the sudden you get deabilitating slow motion...usually I go to the edge farthest from my opponent and crouch. I don't expect my opponent to always catch the drift but I find it really sleezy when my opponent keeps approaching me guns blazing during a horrible instance of stuttering.
Fancy seeing you here. Remember me? We had a few matches on your stream, I used Ness and you used Sonic. I don't really find taunting disrespectful, I just hate it when someone taunts me when I SD or when they double/triple taunt since I find that like them trying to tell you you suck or something. I feel disrespected when I taunt at the beginning and they just rush in on me and get a cheap hit, I also hate when I taunt after KOing someone and they try to hit me in the middle of the taunt. I always give my opponent time to taunt since it is kind of like something you earned after you KO someone.

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
Spam. That's about it.
I dont see the point in raging over taunts, it's just an animation in a video game. Nothing to get salty over.

deech

Smash Cadet
Let's flip this around.

When I want to disrespect my opponent after taking an easy stock, I usually just chain zair them until they realize I'm messing with them, then I arrow spam them from afar.

I did this once while the other person was taunting on the other side, but I got kicked for being idle. Apparently you can't sit still spamming arrows otherwise you get kicked. :(

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
I'm just saying people always get so damn hot under the collar about taunts.
Smash of all things too.

So bite me Mr Rudy Patooty
Isn't that the purpose of a taunt though?

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
This thread hurts my head... Thread title: "Things that you find disrespectful in a smash match?" ... So lets all just post things that makes us :shaker: because that's the same thing.

Almost everything in this thread is not disrespectful, just annoying to the person who posted it. Even if it is disrespectful, it is disrespectful only if you think it. Obvious Teabagging like @ OddCrow OddCrow said is disrespectful since the only connotation of doing so is disrespect IMO. Taunting can be taken in so many ways so its not generally disrespectful (I'm really feeling it could mean that I'm excited). Spamming... seriously... using a character's good asset is disrespectful?!? I guess winning is disrespectful too then.

When I want to disrespect people I do what they do. Roll spammer? Get ahead one 1 stock easily and then roll away for 5 minutes. Projectile spam? Beat them and then pick someone with a projectile that doesn't kill and spam it without killing them until maybe 350%.

If you don't know, I like to disrespect people in for glory :yeahboi:

Last edited:

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
This thread hurts my head... Thread title: "Things that you find disrespectful in a smash match?" ... So lets all just post things that makes us :shaker: because that's the same thing.

Almost everything in this thread is not disrespectful, just annoying to the person who posted it. Even if it is disrespectful, it is disrespectful only if you think it. Obvious Teabagging like @ OddCrow OddCrow said is disrespectful since the only connotation of doing so is disrespect IMO. Taunting can be taken in so many ways so its not generally disrespectful (I'm really feeling it could mean that I'm excited). Spamming... seriously... using a character's good asset is disrespectful?!? I guess winning is disrespectful too then.

When I want to disrespect people I do what they do. Roll spammer? Get ahead one 1 stock easily and then roll away for 5 minutes. Projectile spam? Beat them and then pick someone with a projectile that doesn't kill and spam it without killing them until maybe 350%.

Well that's just what people find disrespectful, if you don't agree that just means you have a higher tolerance than them. A taunts main purpose is to disrespect or agitate the opponent, which is why it's called a taunt, there's no safe way of using it during a fight unless you've K'O'd your opponent or just sent them off the stage, I tend to use it as a mind game becomes it makes the opponent more aggressive and thus more reckless

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings

Exactly this thread is meant to discuss what YOU find disrespectful not what we all find disrespectful. Some people get their jimmies rustled by certain things that doesn't do the same to others. You can just do nothing in a match and maybe some people will take that as you not feeling it is worth fighting them. People find spamming disrespectful because to some it means they don't have to try using any skill and just have to use the same move over and over to win against someone. If most of the things on thread isn't considered disrespectful and it is just me that thinks that then why are most of the things said in this thread of people saying what they think is disrespectful from other people rather then just me? Sure I might be the only one who finds taunting after your opponent SDs disrespectful (Though if you look at some of the other posts a lot of people agree) and maybe I am the only one who finds double/triple taunting disrespectful,but you don't seem to understand why I made this thread.....Before I said that this thread is meant to discuss what makes us feel disrespected, which when we feel disrespected we usually get salty, so yes post what makes you :shaker:, being mad about something in a match can come from feeling like you are being disrespected.

LordLechuga

Smash Cadet
I think it is disrispectful when people act like a cool guy after beating you. They don't even high five you, they don't even look at you or taunt at least ingame. I hate those people. -_-

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
When People switch to the characters I use just to say they're better than me.
I actually only do that when I'm facing a guy who uses a limited pool of moves, usually it's with fighters i know enough to use moderately well... though i admit it HAS backfired on me before. earlier today i beat a Falcon who didn't use much variety as Shulk twice (i mean, I countered a frigging Falcon Punch... both times). and then when I go Dittos, he demonstrates some better use and stomps my Falcon with combo to Knee.

as for what I find offensive, it's people who stomp me like it was breakfast of the day, and then barely does anything, making it... *freak*ing obvious that he's sandbagging. I faced a japanese player who did that with his Mario... I still want to rematch him someday, and get even... for real.

deech

Smash Cadet
First of all, I'm going to point out a little flaw in this thread:

Why the hell do you think you need to be respected at all?

You're my opponent. We have no face to face interaction.
If you think that me forward smashing you into oblivion is disrespectful, you need to look at yourself and realize that you're inflicting that negativity on yourself. It's your personal flaw.

Taunting is probably the only thing that has the intention of disrespecting the other, but for the most parts, it's taken lightly and has adapted as such.

deech

Smash Cadet
Because manners are a nice thing to have.
And how, exactly, are my manners reflected when there's no conversational interaction?

Everything in here is just people who have a personal preference, and to me, that's not being disrespectful.
That's the individual creating an illusion of disrespect.

I taunt people all the time to see if they get pissed off.
Most of the time they taunt back and have fun with it, and these games become some of the funniest/most fun matches I play online.

I went in with the INTENTION of 'disrespect' and yet voila~ no disrespect taken.

This is why I stated that this thread is flawed and the whole argument about getting salty and what not is stupid because it's self-inflicted, not caused by anything directly.

the8thark

Smash Lord
And how, exactly, are my manners reflected when there's no conversational interaction?
I se your point. It's just a case of treating others as you would like to be treated. If you hate people who taunt after you accidentally SD (for example) then you would not taunt others who accidentally SD. Just stuff like that. They will never know how you feel because of the lack of communication. But you'll feel happier within yourself, that you're not doing to others the same things you hate others doing to you.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Sadly I cannot produce the numbers for you which is why I only think that people refer to it as T-bagging. As with other "omg im mad" threads I have seen others refer crouch spamming as T-bagging and have yet to see it as anything else up until yourself as saying it was silly and fun at the beginning. I haven't encountered anyone doing it in the beginning though, I usually see it after the opponent kills me or the rare occasion I SD, a good time to be T-baggin :[
I 't-bag' my opponents with Ganondorf all the time, but not because I want to put my virtual ballsack into their non-existant corpse. In Brawl he just made a weird pumping sound when crouching and standing up, and that I find hilarious. So I do it just for my fun with no intentional meaning for anyone else.
Sadly, the fun noise did not make it to Sm4sh, but my habit of doing the pump did. I will pump at the start of the match, in between, and anytime I like. Feel free to be offended by nothing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's silly to go out of your way to take crouching as something disrespectful, I crouch spam when I get a kill as Jigglypuff because it makes a funny sound and I think Jiggs' taunts are boring, if you're offended by that it's entirely your own fault. People these days need to grow a thicker skin imo, it seems to me a lot of people dig too deep into the implications of things, it's almost as if they want to be offended.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Well Little Mac is extremely easy. I've played people at my school that completely wreck me as little mac, but I beat them every time when they play somebody else. Personally I think Little Mac is sort of a "noob character". (opinionated)

Duck Hunt is just an *** the whole time if played right. He just is annoying to play against.
Thay's pretty ironic coming from a Rosalina player.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Things I find disrespectful:

-Self-destructing on purpose.
-Leaving after only one FG match, especially if you taunt.
-Leaving after losing until you win a FG match, especially if you taunt.

Done.

Note: You can taunt. Just don't "gg no re" me while doing it.

Last edited:

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone, where 'taunting' doesn't mean what 'taunting' means.

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187

Everything in here is just people who have a personal preference, and to me, that's not being disrespectful.
That's the individual creating an illusion of disrespect.

I taunt people all the time to see if they get pissed off.
Most of the time they taunt back and have fun with it, and these games become some of the funniest/most fun matches I play online.

I went in with the INTENTION of 'disrespect' and yet voila~ no disrespect taken.

This is why I stated that this thread is flawed and the whole argument about getting salty and what not is stupid because it's self-inflicted, not caused by anything directly.
That's the point of the thread though, "what do you find disrespectful?" That's fine if you don't agree because it's no right or wrong answer. You can joke with your friends and call them stupid or dumb because they know you're joking, call a random person that and then it's taken out of the context

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Taunting after you SD.

Tried chasing a Shulk offstage but couldnt recover afterwards because "loldisappearingdoublejump". He got back and taunted afterwards.

Though I had a funny situation were a player went LM after I beat his Electroshock Arm spammy Dark Pit. He smashed me offstage and the eletricity appeared. He taunted, but I wasnt KO'ed and managed to recover on the other side of the stage. He ran at me and used Jolt Haymaker.
I blocked it. And he fell. I returned his taunt afterwards.

Last edited:
All I know is...Dedede crouch > all other taunts. Draw me like your french girls.
Oh god yes. I pretty much always do this whenever there's nothing to do during a match (opponent out of reach, opponent gets himself killed, etc.). It is not my intention to show disrespect, but more because it makes him look lazy and mocking.

Personally, taunts are more like a way of communicating than showing insult, most of the time. What I do find irritating is when opponents suicide on purpose because they give up. It shows other people's lack of patience, and that they don't have the decency to at least try their best.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Yep this. It's the equivalent of T-bagging. In Brawl once in a while I'd play someone who would do that, and I thought it was a funny alternative to taunting...except for when people do nothing but T-bag the ENTIRE match. Basically what bothers me is if a player does ANYTHING over and over. Falco lasers (and running away), spamming one and only one safe move (Brawl's tornado, MK's Dsmash, etc.), etc. Though in cases of some characters I understand that projectiles and zoning IS their entire schtick, so I don't get bothered by that.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Taunting after you SD.

Tried chasing a Shulk offstage but couldnt recover afterwards because "loldisappearingdoublejump". He got back and taunted afterwards.

Though I had a funny situation were a player went LM after I beat his Electroshock Arm spammy Dark Pit. He smashed me offstage and the eletricity appeared. He taunted, but I wasnt KO'ed and managed to recover on the other side of the stage. He ran at me and used Jolt Haymaker.
I blocked it. And he fell. I returned his taunt afterwards.
The reason you lose your jump is because you are jumping at the last second...off of air, so you are going straight into jump 2 from the ground by running off the edge. I've seen hundreds of people lose their jump and this is how.

Top Bottom