• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
Exactly this thread is meant to discuss what YOU find disrespectful not what we all find disrespectful. Some people get their jimmies rustled by certain things that doesn't do the same to others. You can just do nothing in a match and maybe some people will take that as you not feeling it is worth fighting them. People find spamming disrespectful because to some it means they don't have to try using any skill and just have to use the same move over and over to win against someone. If most of the things on thread isn't considered disrespectful and it is just me that thinks that then why are most of the things said in this thread of people saying what they think is disrespectful from other people rather then just me? Sure I might be the only one who finds taunting after your opponent SDs disrespectful (Though if you look at some of the other posts a lot of people agree) and maybe I am the only one who finds double/triple taunting disrespectful,but you don't seem to understand why I made this thread.....Before I said that this thread is meant to discuss what makes us feel disrespected, which when we feel disrespected we usually get salty, so yes post what makes you :shaker:, being mad about something in a match can come from feeling like you are being disrespected.
That's the thing though, I thought this thread was going to be different since there's already a thread on things that piss you off and even a thread on taunting. I assumed this thread would talk about things that you would consider bad manners (disrespectful). Some things here, yes are disrespectful, then you start adding things that are annoying to deal with, like characters who have projectiles, but that's how they are meant to be played. Its annoying, but not bad manners. Besides the fact that you could be playing a 7 year old who only knows a few moves too.

I'm just trying to convey that annoying and disrespectful are two different things. A 10 yr old talking too much in COD might be annoying, but he could be talking about strategy or about how good of a time he's having, I'm not gonna knock that ever. It becomes disrespectful when he starts saying things like "your mom". Spamming Falco lasers is annoying. It's disrespectful when you're at 500% and they're still spamming lasers.

So what kind of things in a match would someone have to do that if there was text chat you would say "such bm" (such bad manners) and it would make sense?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
when i get KO'd and my o. is taunting, i usually take it light-hearted. especially when the KO was fair without lag interference.

besides, i like taunting on special occasions, too. bowser jr's hammer whirl after a hammer-whack KO or Wario's butt shake after a waftkill are must haves for me :-)

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
At the beginning of the match, it's meant to be fun - like you say. But when the opponent takes a stock, and the crouch 5-6 times on the edge of the stage you died from - it is DEFINITELY meant to be tea bagging.

That said, I love doing this and when the opponent does it. I love the competition and fire it gives both of us.
It's not DEFINITELY meant to be tea-bagging. I usually crouch spam when an opponent SD's or makes a stupid error, as a way of saying "you dun f*cked up, son". And people usually get the message, because right when they respawn they crouch back.
I'm just saying people always get so damn hot under the collar about taunts.
Smash of all things too.

So bite me Mr Rudy Patooty
If not Smash, then please let me know where I can go to feel disrespected. Enlighten me.
This thread hurts my head... Thread title: "Things that you find disrespectful in a smash match?" ... So lets all just post things that makes us :shaker: because that's the same thing.

Almost everything in this thread is not disrespectful, just annoying to the person who posted it. Even if it is disrespectful, it is disrespectful only if you think it. Obvious Teabagging like @OddCrow said is disrespectful since the only connotation of doing so is disrespect IMO. Taunting can be taken in so many ways so its not generally disrespectful (I'm really feeling it could mean that I'm excited). Spamming... seriously... using a character's good asset is disrespectful?!? I guess winning is disrespectful too then.

When I want to disrespect people I do what they do. Roll spammer? Get ahead one 1 stock easily and then roll away for 5 minutes. Projectile spam? Beat them and then pick someone with a projectile that doesn't kill and spam it without killing them until maybe 350%.

If you don't know, I like to disrespect people in for glory :yeahboi:
>that's not even disrespect, you're just salty
>disrespectful is subjective
>i do disrespectful things, it's a fact
First of all, I'm going to point out a little flaw in this thread:

Why the hell do you think you need to be respected at all?

You're my opponent. We have no face to face interaction.
If you think that me forward smashing you into oblivion is disrespectful, you need to look at yourself and realize that you're inflicting that negativity on yourself. It's your personal flaw.

Taunting is probably the only thing that has the intention of disrespecting the other, but for the most parts, it's taken lightly and has adapted as such.
These nerds aren't going in expecting to get respected, they're going in hoping not to be disrespected. It's a perfectly reasonable expectation, why not.

I don't see why people get super salt over taunts, though. Since the beginning of smesh taunts haven't even really been disrespectful imo. Some, like DK's or Falcon's can be seen as such, but most are just the character posing for funsies. np

Last edited:

Tyril132

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tyril132
3DS FC
4957-3662-2945
Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Honestly, a vast majority of you need to grow a thicker skin.

Most of this "disrespect" comes from what the player thinks their opponent is thinking, as well as their intentions, which is just a load of crap, considering there is no way to effectively communicate online. So most of it is all in your head.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
First of all, I'm going to point out a little flaw in this thread:

Why the hell do you think you need to be respected at all?

You're my opponent. We have no face to face interaction.
If you think that me forward smashing you into oblivion is disrespectful, you need to look at yourself and realize that you're inflicting that negativity on yourself. It's your personal flaw.

Taunting is probably the only thing that has the intention of disrespecting the other, but for the most parts, it's taken lightly and has adapted as such.
Thing is you don't have to be respected, just don't disrespect your opponent. Taunting usually isn't in the intention of disrespect unless it is after SDing. Nobody thinks killing with a forward smash is disrespectful, or at least I don't think that. If someone shows respect to you then it would be disrespectful to not return the favor,but if they don't you don't have to worry about it.

That's the thing though, I thought this thread was going to be different since there's already a thread on things that piss you off and even a thread on taunting. I assumed this thread would talk about things that you would consider bad manners (disrespectful). Some things here, yes are disrespectful, then you start adding things that are annoying to deal with, like characters who have projectiles, but that's how they are meant to be played. Its annoying, but not bad manners. Besides the fact that you could be playing a 7 year old who only knows a few moves too.

I'm just trying to convey that annoying and disrespectful are two different things. A 10 yr old talking too much in COD might be annoying, but he could be talking about strategy or about how good of a time he's having, I'm not gonna knock that ever. It becomes disrespectful when he starts saying things like "your mom". Spamming Falco lasers is annoying. It's disrespectful when you're at 500% and they're still spamming lasers.

So what kind of things in a match would someone have to do that if there was text chat you would say "such bm" (such bad manners) and it would make sense?
You know what, that is a pretty good point. Looking back at some off my posts and some of other people's we do sometimes say that a certain thing is disrespectful when it is more of just something difficult to deal with.

Guys let's try to refrain from talking about what is annoying to deal with in a match i.e. spamming, and people who use a certain character in a way that annoys you.

Honestly, a vast majority of you need to grow a thicker skin.

Most of this "disrespect" comes from what the player thinks their opponent is thinking, as well as their intentions, which is just a load of crap, considering there is no way to effectively communicate online. So most of it is all in your head.
That is exactly why this post is called "Things that you find disrespectful in a smash match". Since most of us usually play in FG we can't communicate with our opponent, so for certain people something could be taken in a negative context and see it as the opponent trying to disrespect them. You can taunt one person and they will take it as you celebrating your KO,but for others they could take it as you trying to say that they suck. I guess it should be called "Things you find disrespectful in For Glory" since that would be a bit more clear. Besides if someone was to taunt you after you SD what would you think they taunted for?

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings

You know what, that is a pretty good point. Looking back at some off my posts and some of other people's we do sometimes say that a certain thing is disrespectful when it is more of just something difficult to deal with.

Guys let's try to refrain from talking about what is annoying to deal with in a match i.e. spamming, and people who use a certain character in a way that annoys you.

Edit: I Edited this post into my previous one can someone delete this post? Also can someone tell me if there is a way to delete posts yourself in case this happens a again?

Last edited:

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
I think it's kind of insulting to not SD after someone dies in a stupid way, like missing their recovery or going over the ledge by accident. I always do it to level the playing field if it happens to someone else.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
I think it's kind of insulting to not SD after someone dies in a stupid way, like missing their recovery or going over the ledge by accident. I always do it to level the playing field if it happens to someone else.
Contrariwise, I find it insulting for a player to level out their stocks because I made a stupid mistake. Really, I feel everything that happens to me in a match is because of a mistake I made, no matter how small.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
its impossible to disrespect in this game without voice chat

the hell imma get offended at a taunt for?

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
Contrariwise, I find it insulting for a player to level out their stocks because I made a stupid mistake. Really, I feel everything that happens to me in a match is because of a mistake I made, no matter how small.
I think it's incredibly cocky to think "nyuhhh, ur an idiot lol get rekt!!!". Yeah, I may make silly mistake sometimes, but I'm not an idiot who can't play the game at all. Show some respect to your 64-era elders.

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
First off, I don't care about taunts, I use them online, not always but fairly often. However if you're playing against an obviously less skilled opponent and you spam taunts and teabag like crazy you need to calm down. I faced two people like this today. I don't like quitting right away when I run into someone I can't beat, I like to think by facing them again I'll learn something. But these two must think they were born god-tier Smash pros because why else be so rude IN EVERY MATCH? Do you really need to celebrate every KO match after match against a weaker opponent? No, so the obvious reason is they just like pwning n00bz. The first girl ended up purposely SDing her second stock on our last match and leaving the room. Like what? At least I can KO you once, you're not that above me that you have to act like I'm completely incompetent. I guess from now on all I can do is leave right away if on the first match they act this way and only stay and play with skilled opponents who don't have huge ego problems. :glare:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
First off, I don't care about taunts, I use them online, not always but fairly often. However if you're playing against an obviously less skilled opponent and you spam taunts and teabag like crazy you need to calm down. I faced two people like this today. I don't like quitting right away when I run into someone I can't beat, I like to think by facing them again I'll learn something. But these two must think they were born god-tier Smash pros because why else be so rude IN EVERY MATCH? Do you really need to celebrate every KO match after match against a weaker opponent? No, so the obvious reason is they just like pwning n00bz. The first girl ended up purposely SDing her second stock on our last match and leaving the room. Like what? At least I can KO you once, you're not that above me that you have to act like I'm completely incompetent. I guess from now on all I can do is leave right away if on the first match they act this way and only stay and play with skilled opponents who don't have huge ego problems. :glare:
Exactly some people just decide to turn into Kanye West after you make the slightest mistake. I hate it when people act like they are so good when they face a player who is not as good, they are not helping anyone get better, they are just annoying people and insulting their skill.

punkonjunk

Smash Cadet
NNID
punkonjunk
3DS FC
3480-2775-5641
Switch FC
Sw-7819-1079-8971
Hey. Hey folks.

One - FG is being seen as this highly competitive scene - don't get too hung up on that, c'mon.

TWO, and this is a big 2, seriously -
Disrespectful and annoying are two different things.

Most folks taunt after KO's as a "ha!" and/or because we got points for it, back in the day, so we were conditioned to do so.
Some folks prolly taunt on all deaths for the same reason, but most do it to make you grumpy - I do, that rage, that disrespect, will likely make you play a little worse, and that little bit of metagame changing how you play is the best I'm gonna get without voice chat.
Taunting on SDs is disrespectful.... kind of.

Spamming ,or picking mac, or projectile party isn't disrespectful. It annoys you, you could even argue that it's a little unfair (mac has a TON of ground game, what's up with only FD, ninty? CMON.) but they aren't doing it to snub you, they are doing it because they enjoy it. Maybe they only enjoy winning, and you don't think that's the only enjoyable thing. Maybe you find little mac's learning curve a little ridiculous, hey, tons of reasons. what I'm getting at here though - annoying you, intentionally or otherwise, isn't disrespectful.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People think changing characters is disrespectful?

I payed for a game with 51 characters, yet I should only ever play as a single character. What a waste.

And taunting? Should shielding be disrespectful as well? "Take my attack like a man and stop trying to avoid taking damage!"

I don't find anything in the game to be disrespectful, unless someone is blatantly cheating, via exploits, hacking, etc.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
*Opponent does a taunt*
RAAAWWWWRRRGHHHH HE TAUNTED ME WAHHH WAHHHH I MIGHT ASWELL THROW THE CONTROLLER AWAY, QUIT AND GO TO BED JUST IN TIME FOR BERSTEIN BEARS
/caps

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
*Opponent does a taunt*
RAAAWWWWRRRGHHHH HE TAUNTED ME WAHHH WAHHHH I MIGHT ASWELL THROW THE CONTROLLER AWAY, QUIT AND GO TO BED JUST IN TIME FOR BERSTEIN BEARS
/caps
So you're pointing out what you see as childishness in others..... by childishly ridiculing their point of view....?

........................................ seriously guy, I mean come on :114:

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
i love when my opponents taunt after they KO me first....it's like an invitation to a challenge

then i'm like "challenge accepted. That won't happen again."

and then I kick their butt, take both stocks, and taunt back while doing the Shmoney Dance

seriously tho, if you feel disrespected, they are def winning the mind games.

Nightshift

Smash Cadet
NNID
jpzwickau
3DS FC
3196-4245-0422
Taunting after you SD.

Tried chasing a Shulk offstage but couldnt recover afterwards because "loldisappearingdoublejump". He got back and taunted afterwards.

Though I had a funny situation were a player went LM after I beat his Electroshock Arm spammy Dark Pit. He smashed me offstage and the eletricity appeared. He taunted, but I wasnt KO'ed and managed to recover on the other side of the stage. He ran at me and used Jolt Haymaker.
I blocked it. And he fell. I returned his taunt afterwards.
I'd have to say that Little Mac's rapid jab (just holding the a button) is one of the best taunts ever.

Last edited:

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
What disrespects me? People not taunting!! >:[

I see you there, acting smug, just standing still. But across miles and miles of online distance, I know you're grinning and you want to taunt! So just do it! Do what comes naturally!!

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Well Little Mac is extremely easy. I've played people at my school that completely wreck me as little mac, but I beat them every time when they play somebody else. Personally I think Little Mac is sort of a "noob character". (opinionated)

Duck Hunt is just an *** the whole time if played right. He just is annoying to play against.
I completely agree.

Shog

Smash Ace
What disrespects me? People not taunting!! >:[

I see you there, acting smug, just standing still. But across miles and miles of online distance, I know you're grinning and you want to taunt! So just do it! Do what comes naturally!!
Oh good, I am always doing that. The fact that you think I indeed am grinning makes this strategy completly viable.

And Flare Blitz Crybabies make me laugh. If you lose to Side B Spam, in 1vs1 or 2vs2, you deserved it.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
When the player doesn't taunt, but does a teabag motion instead. It's like I'm not good enough for a taunt...

Oh and when I'm in the lead, but I'm still taunted at least twice when I die.
I dunno, but it gets me.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
things I find disrespectful in Smash 4? SDing when there's little to no lag just because you walked right into my warlock punch, then quitting as soon as you can afterwards.

Last edited:

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
People think changing characters is disrespectful?

I payed for a game with 51 characters, yet I should only ever play as a single character. What a waste.

And taunting? Should shielding be disrespectful as well? "Take my attack like a man and stop trying to avoid taking damage!"

I don't find anything in the game to be disrespectful, unless someone is blatantly cheating, via exploits, hacking, etc.
That's fine that's your perspective, you can't really tell people how to feel about something like that.

Also do you know what the word taunt means? It's main purpose is to anger the opponent, people actually use it as a mind game for some

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
That's fine that's your perspective, you can't really tell people how to feel about something like that.

Also do you know what the word taunt means? It's main purpose is to anger the opponent, people actually use it as a mind game for some
You do know you could EASILY change the name of "taunts" to something that has nothing to do with smack talk, and it would still have the same effect, right?

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
geez, people get way too uptight about taunts. I'm gonna start taunting after opponent SDs now :4ludwig:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I find it disrespectful when the other player beats me in a match.
Just kidding.

In all seriousness, I don't think I've played enough people to really consider what might count as bad manners. Apart from being annoying, which I will agree with the others above is a difference from being disrespectful.

Right now I play a lot more local multiplayer with others than I do online. I guess, as long as I and the people I'm playing against are cool with each other, no bad manners will be had.

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
You do know you could EASILY change the name of "taunts" to something that has nothing to do with smack talk, and it would still have the same effect, right?
You would only be right if that was the case, but it's not. That's not the point though the game itself calls it a taunt, no one cares that you use the taunt in a playful or instinctual manner just don't get mad at some one for taking a taunt as a taunt

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'm sure someone's mentioned this before, but switching to a character that's considered top tier after losing is pretty bad. Characters like Mac, ZSS, maybe Fox (which is archaic thinking at this point), and Sheik, especially Sheik. These characters will not magically solve your problems, especially when you don't even know what you're doing with them.

In other news:

Honestly, I would've named this thread 'Things That Bug You Online.' That probably would've gotten a little less backlash.

Top Bottom