• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

things that should not have been put in brawl

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
i'm thinking... THOSE STUPID OFF WAVES TABUU HAS!!! i mean seriously, it's a fair yet hard move to evade damage, but if they had made it even one smaller-than-an-atom harder, it probably would have been HORRIBLE to deal with!

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
oooooooh, i though SHIELDING was the only way to dodge the off waves, well... it's still pretty dang hard.

UberMario

Smash Master
Uhh, no it isn't that hard, just initiate the sidestep when the wave is half-a-head a way from you.
(Although, I'm curious how stepping back makes you dodge a wave coming from behind)

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
SSE
Tripping
Auto sweetspot (Though, I am fine with the tether Autos)
Floatiness
Little Hitstun/Hitlag
Demos
Stickers

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
Nerfs to Samus and Gannondorf...I mean really, were they necessary.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Nerfs to Samus and Gannondorf...I mean really, were they necessary.
I know right? They weren't that good to need a nerf. The fact that they also nerfed the hell outta Falcon really ticked me off!

That guy/girl speaks the truth. Also ICs chaingrab. Dedede and Falco's chaingrab as well. In short **** the chaingrabs jeez.
Chain grabs are the ****! I love using the chain to Dair spike with Falco =P

UncleSam

Smash Master
everything
they should just give us a blank disc and allow us to put whatever we want in it
along with the blank disc comes with 1000's of models and sprites so we can create the characters
and instructions for coding

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
zees game should have left out or improved the stage builder, as it offers few features, hardly any pieces, and only... 3 BACKGROUNDS?!!?!?!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That guy/girl speaks the truth. Also ICs chaingrab. Dedede and Falco's chaingrab as well. In short **** the chaingrabs jeez.
I love chaingrabs. Seriously, don't cry if you can't get around them. You could easily CP a character or stage. Chaingrabs add a new element to the game that scrubs like you can't get by.

everything
they should just give us a blank disc and allow us to put whatever we want in it
along with the blank disc comes with 1000's of models and sprites so we can create the characters
and instructions for coding
We wouldn't be smart enough.

Unless of course they added plenty of pretty colors, big buttons, and shiny objects to make it easier.

randomd1

Smash Rookie
Random tripping, Ganondorf (Seriously, he can't hold a candle to any other character in brawl. If they wanted him in they should have made him better.), SSE(Minus the Great Maze), Stagebuilder, Stickers (What do they do?), the lag in wifi(I can't even remotely slow down using thunder, I just DI straight down), The changing stages (Great idea but really not needed), Opening thing, The unbalanced characters, the lack of actual expansion on various groups of characters (Metroid series, LOZ series, etc.), and all of the massive nerfs (Samus, Ganondorf, C. Falcon, fox, etc.)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I think they shouldve taken out great maze and put in a stage where you fight metal mario! he was such a huge part in 64 and pretty much in melee too. remember after getting luigi a metal luigi joined him? why not have a metal wario too! hey, its the fight beford tabuu, it should be tough right? xD

King D

Smash Rookie
ROB, what is he even doing there- next thing you know they're going to put in furby in the next game
Lucas, I thought they were done with clones
LANDMASTER!... do we really need THREE? Personally I prefer just one.

ingx24

Smash Rookie
ROB, what is he even doing there- next thing you know they're going to put in furby in the next game
Lucas, I thought they were done with clones
LANDMASTER!... do we really need THREE? Personally I prefer just one.
Well, personally, I prefer the air. :p

I honestly think the SSE was a waste of time and effort. All that time they spent on the SSE could have been used to balance the roster and make the Wi-Fi not suck so that they wouldn't have NEEDED to take out Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc. (Iwata said that one of the main reasons for trying to "level the playing field" was to make the Wi-Fi balanced, which wouldn't be necessary if they would have an option to play against people of your own skill level).

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Lower hitstun, shouldn't be drastically lower. And I hate how many bad things Ganon has in Brawl. Beside range, superpower and weight, everything sucks. His fastest ground attack is grab, which sucks in range. He should be stronger, good thing, but then priority should be kept high. The triple jump glitch really sucks. Being easy to chaingrab, horrible horizontal recovery, low priority, up b can be attacked out of, Superslow both mobility and attacks... I hate how Ike is like a better version of Ganon: Superpower and Superslow attacks but better range, mobility, slightly better recovery as some things.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Random Tripping
Chronicle
3rd Party characters (namely Snake)
Jigglypuff
Masterpieces
Stickers

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
RANDOM tripping
2:00 minute timer in Anyone WiFi Brawl
Coin battle (I like it but not with the floatieness of brawl, Melee coin battle was fun :))
Chronical
SSE mechanics >.>

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
Tripping, stickers, and Wario's Down+B. They are either useless, stupid, or disgusting.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
Tripping, chronicles, stickers, and challenges. But the random tripping should really be taken out of Brawl.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
Tripping
Stale moves(knock back to be more accurate)
Fatigue and auto Pokemon switches after death
But most of all; the nerfed knee

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
*Purin should've kept her original Rest spell. The "toxic snooze" is not the wild card that Purin had in Melee.

*When adding a new StarFox character, they had it right with Wolf, but wrong with his 5 Special Moves.

*I can't use Zero Suit Samus very well, but I understand why she was made an alt form of Samus: Fans wanted both more Metroid characters and more females, so they killed two birds with one stone by adding Zamus, but Ridley decided to side with the Subspace Army. I want to play as Ridley in Smash 4.

*Samurai Goroh was right to be in Brawl, but his status as an Assist Trophy wasn't. It's like a character you want to play as in an RPG, but he or she only gets in as a Summon.

*Lucas wasn't a bad choice for Brawl either, but his moveset didn't suit him well.

*R. O. B. is the reverse. Good moveset, good fighting style, but bad choice for a character. Besides him being the 12th and final character in Mario Kart DS and constituting about 6 treasures in Pikmin 2, NES players didn't like R. O. B. as a peripheral very much. He would've been much better as one of their in-game characters a long time ago than as a peripheral.

*As I've said before, Snake and Sonic may have opened a mini Pandora's Box. I've heard of people wanting half a dozen 3rd-party characters in Smash 4. If they did this, the concept of battle among Nintendo's franchises would be scarred. Also, if Snake and Sonic were referred to as guest characters, why are people SO sure that they're here to stay?

*I wonder how Nintendo chose Rumble Falls as a stage. People liked the Country Trilogy and even DK64 better than the four Bongo games.

*Port Town Aero Dive is prefectly fine in mechanics and geography, but the tracks Car Select and Mach Rider shouldn't have been here. They should've had "Like a Snake" from GX instead.

*Hanenbow is not that bad of a stage on its own. PictoChat would make it redundant, except that Barbara the Bat is an Assist Trophy from another music game.

*Green Hill Zone is also a good stage, but again, the music's a problem. Again, we all know that the 2D Sonic games are much better than 3D. ...So my "why oh why" (or "YOY") question of the day is: can they explain only remixing one 2D Sonic song and putting in about 7 or 8 3D Sonic songs?

Conclusion: those lesser blemishes are it for me really, but please: don't get me started on what could've made Brawl better that it was missing. There was a lot more that should've been in than stuff that shouldn't have.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
tripping, demos, rotation, and chronicles (what's the use of them anyway?)

I'm fine with The Subspace Emissary. It definitely could've been better, but like someone said before, it's a step in the right direction.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Lugia's new trophy.
No, really that thing looks horrible compared to its Melee trophy. Go look at it.
And uh.....tripping and most of the other things 85% of people mentioned. The important stuff.

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
TRIPPING TRIPPING TRIPPING TRIPPING

You should have put an "apart from tripping" line in first post. Everyone hates it. :)

I don't see why SSE shoudn't be in. Ok, so it wasn't LoZ-worthy, but a stumble forwards is better than staying but bugger-all. Cut scenes are well done, and the gameplay itself was fun and different while it lasted. For guys with no friends like me *wipes tear from eye*, a 1P mode is a welcome addition.

Err... Rotation... Not much point to that. Stickers are a little redundant, and annoying in-game, but make some good pics on brawlsnapshots.com. Demos took up unneccary space for their short lives. Chronicles are only useful to fancypants brainiacs, who probably know all that stuff anyway.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
It has to be Forced Switching, and Fatigue.

That's what's holding PT back, and that's why not very many people play him (<3 Reflex). I for one would main Squirtle if I could, he's too pimp.

That's worse than tripping imo.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
*Purin should've kept her original Rest spell. The "toxic snooze" is not the wild card that Purin had in Melee.

*When adding a new StarFox character, they had it right with Wolf, but wrong with his 5 Special Moves.

*I can't use Zero Suit Samus very well, but I understand why she was made an alt form of Samus: Fans wanted both more Metroid characters and more females, so they killed two birds with one stone by adding Zamus, but Ridley decided to side with the Subspace Army. I want to play as Ridley in Smash 4.

*Samurai Goroh was right to be in Brawl, but his status as an Assist Trophy wasn't. It's like a character you want to play as in an RPG, but he or she only gets in as a Summon.

*Lucas wasn't a bad choice for Brawl either, but his moveset didn't suit him well.

*R. O. B. is the reverse. Good moveset, good fighting style, but bad choice for a character. Besides him being the 12th and final character in Mario Kart DS and constituting about 6 treasures in Pikmin 2, NES players didn't like R. O. B. as a peripheral very much. He would've been much better as one of their in-game characters a long time ago than as a peripheral.

*As I've said before, Snake and Sonic may have opened a mini Pandora's Box. I've heard of people wanting half a dozen 3rd-party characters in Smash 4. If they did this, the concept of battle among Nintendo's franchises would be scarred. Also, if Snake and Sonic were referred to as guest characters, why are people SO sure that they're here to stay?

*I wonder how Nintendo chose Rumble Falls as a stage. People liked the Country Trilogy and even DK64 better than the four Bongo games.

*Port Town Aero Dive is prefectly fine in mechanics and geography, but the tracks Car Select and Mach Rider shouldn't have been here. They should've had "Like a Snake" from GX instead.

*Hanenbow is not that bad of a stage on its own. PictoChat would make it redundant, except that Barbara the Bat is an Assist Trophy from another music game.

*Green Hill Zone is also a good stage, but again, the music's a problem. Again, we all know that the 2D Sonic games are much better than 3D. ...So my "why oh why" (or "YOY") question of the day is: can they explain only remixing one 2D Sonic song and putting in about 7 or 8 3D Sonic songs?

Conclusion: those lesser blemishes are it for me really, but please: don't get me started on what could've made Brawl better that it was missing. There was a lot more that should've been in than stuff that shouldn't have.
I agree with you on all counts except for ROB, Snake and Sonic. They are all very good choices.

BTW, "guest character" is just another way to say "3rd-party character." They aren't really guests any more than Mario is.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
This is going to sound really stupid but.... What's Rotation?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various17.html

"Picture five or more players huddled around a Wii."
Kind of hard to picture... is it emitting warmth?
So be nice and give everybody a chance to play!
That sounds like a swell idea!
"... ...That’s how I feel anyway, but just in case you need a little help being nice (and since everyone has their own controller preferences), I went ahead and rigged up a Rotation mode."
In fact I do need a little help being nice
"First decide the number of controllers."
"Then get a count of people in the room with you
and enter that in.
"
"How many people per brawl?"
"You can set the rules to rotate out a set number of winners or losers from the brawl. Rotation doesn’t have to be about coming in first place."
Yeah, competitive play is pretty boring huh Sakurai?
"If your group is on pretty equal footing with each other, go for Loser Swaps Out. If you’ve got some green players in your midst, why not start out with Winner Swaps Out?"
Green?
"But, hey, if putting in a name is too much of a bother for you, you can play fine without it. Just as long as you remember your guest number, that is."
Yeah, im not too fond of your cell phone entry system.
"Need a bathroom break? Opt to sit out a match!"
In fact I do need to take a s*** in the midst of all this fun!
"Even with numerous controllers and dozens of people lined up to play, you’ll be good to go if you use this mode!"
I happen to have 16 gamecube controlers just for the occation.
"... ... Well, not quite."
You lied to me...
"Rotation is limited to 16 players. Mm hmm."
mm hmm

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The level 1's in Brawl are anything but puny; they can perfect shield AND shield grab you. That type of attitude may be expected for level 5's and higher, but NOT for the easiest skill level in the game.

superkid

Smash Cadet
ah comeone mario and sonic guy who cares i can 3 stock lvl 1 cpus without taking more then 50% damage >.< and im not that good..

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
For me, the Masterpieces and Chronicles. They were not in anyway necessary, and you could buy the Masterpieces games for Virtual Console, and why do we care what games came out for the different consoles when we could have more stuff!?!

Also, random tripping. It. Should. Not. Exist!! It is honestly like Sakurai was drugs when he added it. It's funny though. Funny if it was used in Sean Lock's stand-up comedy. But seriously use it? Not funny. Stupid, even.

And more Stage Builder stuff (more locations, floors, structures, features, add textures, to floors, allow more things to be added, be able to flip things by degrees) and remove the Great Maze from SSE.

Top Bottom