• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Wailord40

Smash Rookie
Hello I am trying to put Sasuke over Metaknight but it requires something to do with a .rel file. I've looked all over the internet and I can't figure out how they work, can some one help?

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I downloaded this stage, Green Greens SD Remix (download here) and it has apples that come every once in awhile that you can eat or throw. How can I remove those?

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
No idea what parrying is, or what you mean by multi roll..

But for off edge you could take a look at dk and Kirby dash attacks and see what allows them to continue off edges and see if you can add that to a roll
This is parrying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFv9-GjjJHg

Multi-rolling:
From a single shield, roll multiple times (2-3) before shielding once more.

I don't even know where to start hacking PM...

Narpas_sword

that video tells me nothing. you get that right?
like, id have to know what you're talking about for you to explain what youre talking about...

what do you want to do differently than powersheilding? you want a counter attack? that doesnt seem to be something easy enough to add tbh.

and you want multi roll so that you have no frames of vunerability between rolling?

It sounds like you want to turn the game in to a massive defence fest.

With parrying noone would commit to an attack where the opponent can shield, with multi rolling theres no punishable time to prevent people oversuing rolls.

you'd have to play 1 stock.

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Balancing comes later in my mind, but if you must know now:

The street fighter game in the video has blocking and parrying (press forward to parry mid to high attacks, press down to parry low attacks). Defense and Offense are balanced, even with the parrying AND "shielding".

For multi-rolling, it would just be from a tech or laying on the floor.
If I wanted to enable the multiple rolling so that it is always on, I would probably make it so that the first roll is invincible while consecutive rolls are not. Perhaps there would also be a way to make the consecutive rolls slower than the first, depending.

Rolling off ledges is another story as well.

All this theory has gotten me no where closer to actually getting started on the programming....
I'll post a new thread if anything.
Thanks.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Why would you want multi rolls that aren't invincible? There would literally be no point you may as well just run.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
If u must know XD tech chasing is partially luck based. Even sometimes, depending on the match-up, possible escape routes can be covered by an opponent.
Luck and Helplessness;
both contribute to a longer combo that changes the meaning as to what smash should be according to my ideology, at least.
Allowing a window of time of more certain escape restarts the battle, so to speak, and shortens combos.

Now, can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to get started?
I'm pretty sure PSA is the right point but I'm not so certain...

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm not talking about teching I mean if you're going to do a roll, why would you roll again if you're not going to be invincible instead of just running normally?

And yes.. use PSA

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
It takes time to run out of a shield or roll once then shield again and repeat.. Continued rolling is much more feasible, frame-wise. And you cannot run if you are about to tech or are flat on the floor....

Where do I get the latest Project Smash Attack and how do I use it with Project M's data?
This is all I want to know. Even though the question is very simple, I haven't seen an updated guide for Project M for custom moves and such....

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
It's definitely not more feasible.. It's predictable, you can't change your direction until you're done with the roll, and easy punishable. People already know how to punish rolls (that have invincibility already!), you're 99% wasting your time.

Pretty easy to find PSA.. Custom movesets are very hard to make especially if you don't know how to make animations or the like. Good luck to you.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
I've accomplished nothing...the pac files do not load from the files given in the description...
Therefore, how do I use PSA with Project M's data?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I've accomplished nothing...the pac files do not load from the files given in the description...
Therefore, how do I use PSA with Project M's data?
Open you have to open the moveset file (FitCharacter.pac) not the costume (FitCharacter0X.pac).

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. Now the only problem is figuring out the right sub action command lines XD
Time to experiment. If anyone has an idea, let's say to use *14 (If in hitbox), press button (forward)* or something like that, that would be awesome for parrying.

Thanks

Last edited:

EthralSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Ethral
3DS FC
4768-7597-3482
Couldn't he just use the "Generate Name" function in BrawlStageManager? It has both Brawl's and Project M's fonts as presets, and allows for you to customize your own font style and size.
Is it just my computer that makes it so when I try to do this the letters are fuzzy and gross looking lol

EthralSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Ethral
3DS FC
4768-7597-3482
How do you make ssp's?
An easy way if your using brawl stage manager is tools then screen -> Icon/Prev and take 2 pictures for SSP and SSI if you don't have that you can take a screenshot on PM (save to SD) and convert it (I can't remember the program for this I will edit if I find it) Then use gimp to resize it to the same size as the other Previews

Last edited:

Master Protocol

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'm having Issues with Brawlex Mugen. I was told I can use Brawlex on a hackless wii, and that I can use the Project: M Launcher to start it up. Well it's not working. How do I use Brawlex on a hackless wii? Or my problem might just be I'm not using the Project: M launcher. If that's the case, what EXACTLY is the Project: M launcher? Like what all does it consist of?

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
There should be an all in one place for these guides, Narpas.

I'm back to see if anyone knows how to use defensive collisions

CazooKantrip

Smash Rookie
Trying to make a new BRSTM. I follow the simple guide shown in the tutorial, yet the BrawlBox window that shows the loop layers tells me that only 8 total samples were read from the .wav. And when the file is played it lasts a fraction of a second and the only audio heard is a short crackle. I'm confused.. I've tried changing the sample rate, it WAS too high but i changed it to 32000.

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Need your help please.
I am looking for original stages of brawl like mario circuit for project M.
I don't have a bd player on my old computer, so how can I found these pac files ?
thanks

Vladz0r

Smash Rookie
Do you guys have any info on why my texture pack has become unstable. It was pretty stable back when I had ~5 costumes per character, wit additional ones on the characters with additional slots, but after expanding the slot count with cbliss tool, I now have random freezing issues after stage selection. The textures themselves load "fine" and work, and even when I select default skins, or the Smash 3 texture skins in my pack, there's a random chance that I'll just freeze before the game loads. I'm running this primarily in Dolphin with the sd.raw method, but I've also compiled it with YL's compiler, and both methods have the random crashing issue. The Community Build and YL's build, in addition to clean Project M 3.02, have all worked fine through the sd.raw method or from being compiled ISOs. My mod folder is currently this big, so maybe that's the issue? - http://i.imgur.com/6K8DUnv.png
If there's a file limit, maybe I could remove the .pac files for each fighter without a transformation, since I won't be using this pack on Wifi. Doing that cleared up 285MB, so maybe it will work better.

If someone wants to be a bro and check my pack out themselves, here it is - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B008DLyGd-uAZk9LcTY3UWpoUzA/edit?usp=sharing
It's been updated a bit since then, but if someone can solve the general issue, I could apply it to my current pack.

*edit*
Okay, so it seems like after expanding the character slots with the cbliss tool, random crashes happen.

Works: YL/Community Build + Custom Skins and Portraits
Doesn't Work: YL/Community Build + Custom Skins and Portraits + Extra Costume Slots
Works: Clean Project M GCT + Extra Costume Slots.

Maybe the gct file is too big and is causing issues or something. Not really sure, but when I combine all the custom stuff they added in the Community Build or in YL's build with the extra costume slots, it becomes unstable.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
What the **** smashboards, for some reason I stopped getting emails when there was posts on this thread.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Do you guys have any info on why my texture pack has become unstable. It was pretty stable back when I had ~5 costumes per character, wit additional ones on the characters with additional slots, but after expanding the slot count with cbliss tool, I now have random freezing issues after stage selection. The textures themselves load "fine" and work, and even when I select default skins, or the Smash 3 texture skins in my pack, there's a random chance that I'll just freeze before the game loads. I'm running this primarily in Dolphin with the sd.raw method, but I've also compiled it with YL's compiler, and both methods have the random crashing issue. The Community Build and YL's build, in addition to clean Project M 3.02, have all worked fine through the sd.raw method or from being compiled ISOs. My mod folder is currently this big, so maybe that's the issue? - http://i.imgur.com/6K8DUnv.png
If there's a file limit, maybe I could remove the .pac files for each fighter without a transformation, since I won't be using this pack on Wifi. Doing that cleared up 285MB, so maybe it will work better.

If someone wants to be a bro and check my pack out themselves, here it is - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B008DLyGd-uAZk9LcTY3UWpoUzA/edit?usp=sharing
It's been updated a bit since then, but if someone can solve the general issue, I could apply it to my current pack.

*edit*
Okay, so it seems like after expanding the character slots with the cbliss tool, random crashes happen.

Works: YL/Community Build + Custom Skins and Portraits
Doesn't Work: YL/Community Build + Custom Skins and Portraits + Extra Costume Slots
Works: Clean Project M GCT + Extra Costume Slots.

Maybe the gct file is too big and is causing issues or something. Not really sure, but when I combine all the custom stuff they added in the Community Build or in YL's build with the extra costume slots, it becomes unstable.
Cbliss and the stage expansion tool make PM VERY unstable, especially if you try it yourself, I reccomend going on brawlvault and downloading a pre-modified vanilla PM that has both added already, I know that one was just recently uploaded.

Need your help please.
I am looking for original stages of brawl like mario circuit for project M.
I don't have a bd player on my old computer, so how can I found these pac files ?
thanks
go on kcmm and click the resources section, then scroll down to disk partition 2, that's a link to all of brawls default files.

Trying to make a new BRSTM. I follow the simple guide shown in the tutorial, yet the BrawlBox window that shows the loop layers tells me that only 8 total samples were read from the .wav. And when the file is played it lasts a fraction of a second and the only audio heard is a short crackle. I'm confused.. I've tried changing the sample rate, it WAS too high but i changed it to 32000.
I think you selected a tiny part of your song in audacity and exported that instead of the whole clip.

Can anyone tell me how to change the lighting in stages?
It's pretty easy, just go to the scenedata inside of the stage's pac file and edit the colors/placings, there's a guide on KCMM for it.

Hey guys, is there a way to add transparency to a texture so that it doesnt show ingame?

Want to get rid of falcons gun and scarf
Edit it in photoshop, replace the texture and make sure the format is C18, then go to the material settings and change xlumaterial to true, enable blend to true, and make sure the object using the material has its material listed under xlu instead of opa.

Okay, I'm having Issues with Brawlex Mugen. I was told I can use Brawlex on a hackless wii, and that I can use the Project: M Launcher to start it up. Well it's not working. How do I use Brawlex on a hackless wii? Or my problem might just be I'm not using the Project: M launcher. If that's the case, what EXACTLY is the Project: M launcher? Like what all does it consist of?
Try taking the private folder and boot.elf from project m's default hackless files and putting them in your sd card's root.

How do you make ssp's?
Personally I run the game on dolphin and then take a screenshot, then i resize it to 176x and crop it.

So I downloaded this stage, Green Greens SD Remix (download here) and it has apples that come every once in awhile that you can eat or throw. How can I remove those?
You'd need to edit the stage's .rel file, or check the listing on kcmm to see if theres a no-apple version.

okay so I'm trying to download Brawlex Mugen onto my SD card, but everytime I try to move the private folder over, it says I don't have enough free space....There's nothing on my SD card! What can I do to fix this!?
Format the SD card, you might have fragmented files.
Hello I am trying to put Sasuke over Metaknight but it requires something to do with a .rel file. I've looked all over the internet and I can't figure out how they work, can some one help?
In the module folder inside the pf folder there are .rel files for each character, take the one that they gave you (if the mod comes with one) and rename it to ft_metaknight.rel and replace metaknights inside that folder.

okay so I'm trying to download Brawlex Mugen onto my SD card, but everytime I try to move the private folder over, it says I don't have enough free space....There's nothing on my SD card! What can I do to fix this!?
Format the SD card, you might have fragmented files.

Anyone have any tips on how I can reduce my common5 size without removing stages?
You can downsize images that don't show up that often or change some image formats to CMPR if they're non transparent.

I'm interested in changing some movesets around and I was wondering if it was possible to change the moveset of a single alternate costume without changing the entire character, like if I wanted to give a Cloud Strife over Ike reskin a unique moveset but not Ike himself. I don't use a manager i just switch out files. Thanks
Doing that over a single skin would require a custom moveset all on its own, and itd have to be extremely complicated.

So I'm trying to have '20XX' written on the back of melee Fox's jacket. I did this and it reflects to the other side. Is there any way I can have it written on the back without reflection?

If you edited his UV map then yes, otherwise you're out of luck.

I see that this thread is still alive, roughly.

Spammed Question of Mine:
Is it possible to add parrying (like from 3rd strike), multi-rolling (rolling 2-3 times from a single shield), and rolling off ledges at will?

I'd also like to make a whole new character (the Prince of Persia, since he was in Nintendo at least once, like Snake XD), but that's another story for another time, I suppose.

I'm just not sure where to start to tinker with these ideas...

Thank You, and especially thanks to TheytahK.
Id suggest starting by looking on the tutorials forum on kcmm. they know PSA better than i could ever.

Can anyone explain why when I combine these two models
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204577
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23884
The face texture for Waluigi is all distorted when I get in game? I only edited the textures and vertexed the models a bit.
The textures look fine in BrawlBox but in game, only the actual Waluigi parts spaz out.
Here's how it looks like in brawl box:http://i.imgur.com/PREkCpD.png
I can post a link to the pac and pcs files if necessary.
The bone rig for the head might not be the same as link or it got messed up in the import process. did you use 3ds max or brawlbox to merge?

Hey Theytah. Is it possible to edit the metal texture for characters? I wanted to change Peach's to from silver to pink gold.
Yes, just put any texture that you want for a metal texure into the characters skin file and then turn the autometalmaterials value to true on the model if the metal textures aren't there already, then go to materials and find the metal textures and rename all of the texture entries to the texture you imported.

I have found an issue with something. Just a small bug, but I edited ONLY costumes, and when me and my friend decided to play on Big Blue, it froze on "Ready to Fight!" We thought, "Oh well we were playing for 3 hours. That must be the reason why!" But no, it froze again at the same part after starting it up again. Any thoughts as to why anyone?
Which big blue, the default one?

So I'm trying to edit MenSelchrFaceI_TopN to be a rectangle, instead of having the corners missing. I figured out how to move the vertices in BrawlBox, but I can't figure out how to change the texture UVs, so the character selection icon is rectangular but the texture is distorted.

Is there a way to edit the UVs in BrawlBox, or do I need to export and use another program?

EDIT: I figured out a way to do this, by exporting the UVs as a raw data file, hex editing the file, and then replacing it with the edited file. Though BrawlBox didn't show the changes from the replacement until it was restarted.
The opposed way would be exporting it to 3ds max and editing it there.

This is a really random thing I wanted to ask but in stage selection, from what I understand that the MenSelmapPrevbase can be set to a certain size, so I made a bunch of stages with size 160x160 but is it true that having too many graphics on the screen will crash it? I've have two instances where one MenSelmapPrevbase at size 160 crashed but when I resized down to 50 is works, is there a recommended size or condition to why this happens?
Anything that doesn't go above a few hundred thousand KB of data (pretty much rgba8 format etc. and is at or below 1024x should be fine.

Certain skins on Mario(specifically: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204556 and http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204409 ) use FLUDD instead of the cape, and I downloaded a file to replace all the Dr. Mario stuff with Mario's(So no pills and such, as I'm using these skins over Dr. Marios) but the pills are still there.
Dr. Mario's Pills arent hosted per costume, they're global for all of the slots he takes up.

My fingers hurt.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
So whenever I change anything in the MenSelchrPos_TopN model (in sc_selcharacter.pac, MiscData[30]) and try to save, BrawlBox gives an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Any idea how to fix it? I'm using BrawlBox 0.71 - would an older version work?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Yes, the default one. I downloaded the "Vanilla" 3.02 folder you provided with all of the missing .brres files present, and this was the only problem.

Thanks for replying!
Go into brawl stage manager and delete that stage and .rel, its not default

So whenever I change anything in the MenSelchrPos_TopN model (in sc_selcharacter.pac, MiscData[30]) and try to save, BrawlBox gives an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Any idea how to fix it? I'm using BrawlBox 0.71 - would an older version work?
just keep trying and edit less each time, the menus are delicate.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
just keep trying and edit less each time, the menus are delicate.
I tried that; I can export and re-import unmodified and it works, but every single change I've tried causes the issue immediately, and it persists even if I undo the change I just made...

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I tried that; I can export and re-import unmodified and it works, but every single change I've tried causes the issue immediately, and it persists even if I undo the change I just made...
Thats because many of the menus are effected by models and data not within the pac file that they're housed in. I usually limit myself to only adding in models or editing animations.

Ok, so I'd delete the PAC file and the .rel file correct? Or how would I go about this?
correct.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Anything that doesn't go above a few hundred thousand KB of data (pretty much rgba8 format etc. and is at or below 1024x should be fine.

My fingers hurt.
Oh damn you're right, should've realized that before, though that clears up a LOT of things for my side of things and thanks man for the reply!

Top Bottom