• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Josephthemerman

Smash Rookie
Hi there, new here anyone know how to add more costume slots to characters the easiest way possible as i am a noob :( and only know how to do simple copy/paste/over write etc i just wanna add more to peach. Thanks in advance (:

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
So glad to have come across this thread, anyway
I'd ask here first before I start pm'ing someone from the team (which I would hate doing since they come off to me as very busy people)

How was this possible?

My objective is to "block" a majority of the selections in the main menu such as SSE, Trophies, etc...
I'd actually be happy even to just re-route them to another mode like you guys did, but making them unselectable or even deleting it completely is better if possible.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
There's probably not an easy answer, but better to ask than live in ignorance...

All current stages were fitted with collisions under the stage for the new "no blastzone" mode to work properly. Is there an easy way to add those to custom stages?

woof turtle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1719-3195-4763
So I want to go and make a Sceptile skin for Mewtwo, theres one for Lucario on Brawl Vault, can anyone help explain how I'd rig all the bones and crap to Mewtwo?

amuesing1

Smash Rookie
I have a few very specific questions that I didn't see in the thread but I might have missed them.

1. How do you alter the number of stages and layout in the SSS editor? I do not mean just deleting and adding stages because this causes the stages to pile on top of each other depending on how many you have. If there are 15,16, or the standard 21 on the screen they fit perfectly and are aligned but any other number causes problems . . . unless you have the PhantomWings code enabled through GCT editor. In that case you can have 39 stages on each page and they fit however that is not my goal. Both The Bid House 4 and TKBreezy's tounrey packs have a certain number of stages (both different) nicely laid out on the first page with everything else moved to the second page. How do you use either the SSS editor or GCT editor or even another program to get them nicely positioned regardless of the number of stages? Or is it not even a part of the GCT code?

2. With Flat Zone 2, there is a serious problem with that stage if you replace it. With all other stages as long as you replace the .rel files with the kind that stage is based on it will work fine. However there is something about that stage that never wants it to be replaced. In 3.5, I noticed that there is a second PAC file titled STGGW_en.PAC which is the exact same file with a different name in addition to the regular stage file. I haven't tried it yet but does replacing both of them correctly replace the stage or was that added just for stamina mode and it still crashes trying to replace it?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I'm going to be making a series of tutorials on smash modding and model editing, check in here and on my youtube channel soon! Once second semester starts I'm going to be posting a lot again.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
There's probably not an easy answer, but better to ask than live in ignorance...

All current stages were fitted with collisions under the stage for the new "no blastzone" mode to work properly. Is there an easy way to add those to custom stages?
The wraparound thing actually uses the camera boundaries to prevent you from dying, so it'll work on any stage iirc.
So glad to have come across this thread, anyway
I'd ask here first before I start pm'ing someone from the team (which I would hate doing since they come off to me as very busy people)

How was this possible?

My objective is to "block" a majority of the selections in the main menu such as SSE, Trophies, etc...
I'd actually be happy even to just re-route them to another mode like you guys did, but making them unselectable or even deleting it completely is better if possible.
You'd need to remove the model from the menu (which is the easy part) by replacing it with a static mesh, and then do some simple coding to either a module or GCT file which would change the animation indicators.
So I want to go and make a Sceptile skin for Mewtwo, theres one for Lucario on Brawl Vault, can anyone help explain how I'd rig all the bones and crap to Mewtwo?
I'm going to be making a rigging tutorial soon, this should probably help with your issue :)

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
First video is out, here's how to combine models in brawlbox.
I'll add these videos to the OP too.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I'm going to be making a series of tutorials on smash modding and model editing, check in here and on my youtube channel soon! Once second semester starts I'm going to be posting a lot again.
Yayyy! Good to see you're back Theytah! Hope it's all going well! and Looking forward to everything!

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
The wraparound thing actually uses the camera boundaries to prevent you from dying, so it'll work on any stage iirc.
That's right. I should have made my question more clear so let me use an example.

I want to retexture Drac's Castle with mewtwo2000's Luigi's Mansion skin, but with the wraparounds, characters will end up in the stage instead of hitting a "ceiling" when they're launched straight up. There's also a list of custom stages I may end up adding in the future that I want to make sure work properly. Does that make sense?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
That's right. I should have made my question more clear so let me use an example.

I want to retexture Drac's Castle with mewtwo2000's Luigi's Mansion skin, but with the wraparounds, characters will end up in the stage instead of hitting a "ceiling" when they're launched straight up. There's also a list of custom stages I may end up adding in the future that I want to make sure work properly. Does that make sense?
Make the camera bounds go lower or higher, I forget which direction you'll need to move them.
Also, make a collision for the bottom of the stage.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I heard a rumor that Mewtwo2000's 3.5 Cbliss will allow for more than 10 slots per character, any idea how he does it, and can you make a tutorial to add cBliss to a base version of 3.5? preferably using SOJ's common5.pac that includes an empty texture for an event logo in the CSS?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I heard a rumor that Mewtwo2000's 3.5 Cbliss will allow for more than 10 slots per character, any idea how he does it, and can you make a tutorial to add cBliss to a base version of 3.5? preferably using SOJ's common5.pac that includes an empty texture for an event logo in the CSS?
I have no idea what the cbliss thing you're talking about is, since ProjectM doesn't use Cbliss to add extra slots.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea what the cbliss thing you're talking about is, since ProjectM doesn't use Cbliss to add extra slots.
here is a blog post from Mewtwo2000 about cBliss
here is a video tutorial of cBliss by Mewtwo2000
it adds skins slots to all chars for a total of 10 each and 12 for wario. Rumor is the 3.5 version is being made and will support 14 skins for all characters, so I'd wait until cBliss for PM 3.5 is released before doing a tutorial.

For now though, I'd like to figure out:
1.how to make a custom stage select screen using the Stage Expansion pack from libertyernie seen here:
2.and how to resize the icons and reposition them in any way, for example like this:
3.while also applying some repositioning of the stage name down a bit to allow for a ruleset to be visible at all times (on the right) ALONGSIDE the stage preview on the left, methods to do so are described in this post. and seen here:
this would aid in allowing the following:
-use of the stage expansion pack in 3.5
-use of the SSS logo/ruleset image, so it can also be visible at all time
-great for a tournament build where you'd like to have it double as a friendlies build with all the extra stages.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
here is a blog post from Mewtwo2000 about cBliss
here is a video tutorial of cBliss by Mewtwo2000
it adds skins slots to all chars for a total of 10 each and 12 for wario. Rumor is the 3.5 version is being made and will support 14 skins for all characters, so I'd wait until cBliss for PM 3.5 is released before doing a tutorial.

For now though, I'd like to figure out how to make a custom stage select screen using the Stage Expansion pack from libertyernie seen here:

and how to resize the icons and reposition them in any way, for example like this:

while also applying some repositioning of the stage name down a bit to allow for a ruleset to be visible at all times (on the right) ALONGSIDE the stage preview on the left, methods to do so are described in this post. and seen here:

this would aid in allowing the following:
-use of the stage expansion pack in 3.5
-use of the SSS logo/ruleset image, so it can also be visible at all time
-great for a tournament build where you'd like to have it double as a friendlies build with all the extra stages.
I know what cliss is lol, I meant that I don't know how to intergrate it into current versions of PM since our costume slot structure conflicts with how it works.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I know what cliss is lol, I meant that I don't know how to intergrate it into current versions of PM since our costume slot structure conflicts with how it works.
ah okay, well do you know about the rest of my post, where i can learn to do that? I checked your youtube and I've alredy learned some basics for adding stages, songs and char skins, but there's no Tutorial for stage expansions, or for editing sss layouts.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
ah okay, well do you know about the rest of my post, where i can learn to do that? I checked your youtube and I've alredy learned some basics for adding stages, songs and char skins, but there's no Tutorial for stage expansions, or for editing sss layouts.
You do realize that in all the links you posted, they all have instructions on how to do each thing, right? if you mean doing them all together, I'd start with adding the stage expansion template, then moving the name down, and then you could re-arrange the icons, honestly me explaining how to do each of the things you listed would be the same as copy pasting what they wrote in each post.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
You do realize that in all the links you posted, they all have instructions on how to do each thing, right? if you mean doing them all together, I'd start with adding the stage expansion template, then moving the name down, and then you could re-arrange the icons, honestly me explaining how to do each of the things you listed would be the same as copy pasting what they wrote in each post.
here's the thing,
-step's 1's stage expansion are already setup in a pre-built "build" you can DL.
-step 2 isnt doesnt exist in a Downloadable format and i cant find instructions on how to do it
-step 3 is achived with a common5.pac that actually has to be applied to the BASE version of PM (as you cant add that css logo after the fact), before you add the Stage expansion, which means libertyernie would have to allow us access to the original stage expansion files for us to import into our own build of PM that contains step 3's common5.pac

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
It's a really tedious process but the basics of it is that you click on the files I described earlier and you move the "Translation" values and you have to save it, put it on your SD card, load up the game to see your changes which is REALLY TIME CONSUMING if you're trying to get it exactly how you want it
To move stage icons just do this, but select the model for the stage Icon instead, each frame in the animation is where the location is for each stage.

For adding a custom ruleset image, just move the "project m" logo image model that's on the SSS (behind where the stage pictures usually appear) to the right so it's over the stage name.

So, as I said before, I'd reccomend starting with the expansion "build" and editing it from there.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
To move stage icons just do this, but select the model for the stage Icon instead, each frame in the animation is where the location is for each stage.

For adding a custom ruleset image, just move the "project m" logo image model that's on the SSS (behind where the stage pictures usually appear) to the right so it's over the stage name.

So, as I said before, I'd reccomend starting with the expansion "build" and editing it from there.
Ah i see, so the translation values need to be changed one by one. wow. SSS icons can be resized with that same method too? If so, this will certainly take a while.

I'd love to start with the expansion build as you suggested, I'd just like to figure out how to add a CSS logo to that build like SOJ's (like I mentioned today on your twitch stream) I think you mentioned how to do it, but could you explain enough so i can understand how to?

EDIT: Figured out how to add the CSS logo to any common5.pac, just replace the MiscData30 in selectchar with the one from SOJ's pack. :D

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Screen replacement is coming today! Will post two TTT videos today since I missed last week.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Screen replacement is coming today so ill be resuming work then!

Also, in all project m versions from here on, two invisible planes are pre-included in the stage and character select so you can add your logo without having to edit the common5.pac!

NhgrtPlayer

Smash Cadet
Hi Theytah (and all :p), I have a question. Just how far can we custom the CSS ? I'm working on a custom build, and I want to change the size of the caracters/of the CSPs, in order to make something like that :
(Of course it's crappy represented, but that's the idea ^^)
Do you guys think that's possible ? And if so, how plz ? Ty :D

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Just wanted to post this as an update
Here's the whole story with my laptop situation

1. I had a display cable wear out
2. Thought it was the screen
3. Didn't check it out and just used a cloth to put pressure to juryrig a fix
4. The cloth eventually cracked my screen
5. I tried getting a new screen and got referred to the wrong model
6. Bought ANOTHER screen which was the right model
7. Realized it was the cable all along when i got said new screen
8. Went back to the cloth method but was more careful
9. the old worn out cable got shorted out when I plugged into an HDMI
10. The short went through the cable and killed both of my GTX770m cards
11. My laptop is really weak and can barely run dolphin so I've been using a mini travel laptop to do research on shaders and stuff for the time being
12. While my laptop is sent into dell to be fixed I'm getting a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (hopefully tomorrow depending on shipping)

So, once I get my new surface pro, I'll be back in buisness :)

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
How would I rig and optimize a model? I saw that someone ripped the Zero model from sm4sh, and I was going to try and rig that over link

forbidden12

Smash Cadet
Do you know where I can get one because it's kinda tedious to test on my sd card on the wii then take the sd back to pc

Last edited:

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
So I've been trying to replace the stage ban icons and it looks like I've succesfully done so, however once I actually test it in the game, it's being replaced by Base Common5.pac -> sc_selmap_en -> MiscData[20] -> Textures -> bg_icon. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? I've also tried changing the banning picture back to the original image, but that hasn't worked.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
So I've been trying to replace the stage ban icons and it looks like I've succesfully done so, however once I actually test it in the game, it's being replace by Base Common5.pac -> sc_selmap_en -> MiscData[20] -> Textures -> bg_icon. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? I've also tried changing the banning picture back to the original image, but that hasn't worked.
Check the format type of the image in brawlbox.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
So is there actually a way to add a sound effect to when you ban a stage?

Also I was using your tutorial to make my own CSP's, however I'm not sure how to go about this specific model. Basically it's a new model with several different colours and I want to make sure they're all in the exact same pose. Any tips? This is the mod for reference: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30821

Top Bottom