• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Santo

Smash Rookie
NNID
JASZ1234
Is there a quick way to copy costumes from your custom pack to one I'm creating without too much hassle? or only manually works?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Is there a quick way to copy costumes from your custom pack to one I'm creating without too much hassle? or only manually works?
if you want to copy all of them, you can just mass copy over the fighter costumes from the characters' fighter folders.

Santo

Smash Rookie
NNID
JASZ1234
if you want to copy all of them, you can just mass copy over the fighter costumes from the characters' fighter folders.
but then I would have to manually add the .png art correct? Is there any way to copy everything over?

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Thats because many of the menus are effected by models and data not within the pac file that they're housed in. I usually limit myself to only adding in models or editing animations.
Investigating more, the issue turned out to be a bug in BrawlBox with editing models that have no polygons. I fixed it, and no problems anymore. (Fix was in BrawlLib/Wii/Models/ModelEncoder.cs, changing line 291 from 'else' to 'else if (model._objlist != null)', if anyone cares. I'll look into distributing a fixed version sometime.)

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
but then I would have to manually add the .png art correct? Is there any way to copy everything over?
All of the files for the pictures can be found in the common5.pac and in /pf/info/portrite and menu/common/char_bust_tex

Santo

Smash Rookie
NNID
JASZ1234
All of the files for the pictures can be found in the common5.pac and in /pf/info/portrite and menu/common/char_bust_tex
It's all coming together now. I knew it was in the common5.pac but not in the info folder. Thanks for the help theytah and thanks for the informative videos.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I was wondering if there is any advice towards working with eyes on character models? For example I was exporting Sheik's model back and forth but for some reason the eyes didn't or well when I tried to replace the material it would cause a crash, I was wondering if had an idea on why?

EDIT: Never mind I solved the issue!

Last edited:

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Investigating more, the issue turned out to be a bug in BrawlBox with editing models that have no polygons. I fixed it, and no problems anymore. (Fix was in BrawlLib/Wii/Models/ModelEncoder.cs, changing line 291 from 'else' to 'else if (model._objlist != null)', if anyone cares. I'll look into distributing a fixed version sometime.)
Since other people may care - apparently there's a BrawlBox 0.73b (here), and this bug is fixed in it. As well as other improvements and such, of course.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I cant find any tutorial to add the GREEN/YELLOW/RED border around stages I'd like to have as starters/counterpicks/banned in a Custom SSS. And how to add the "starter" "counterpick" and "banned" text over the stage previews seen in the SSS.

Any help would be appreciated, Please. Thanks!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I cant find any tutorial to add the GREEN/YELLOW/RED border around stages I'd like to have as starters/counterpicks/banned in a Custom SSS. And how to add the "starter" "counterpick" and "banned" text over the stage previews seen in the SSS.

Any help would be appreciated, Please. Thanks!
Most people use a photoshop template, i think there's one on reddit posted by SOJ.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
awesome, thanks for the answer. I was also wondering about the new CSS with the vertical banner style character portraits?

Any way to add a tourney logo to that, or add a tourney logo to a stage expansion's SSS? I have a local tourney I'm hosting that is 3 weeks away and I'm obviously hammering out stage limitations and making it easy for players to ID which are starters/counterpicks/banned. And the ability to add a key to the SSS tat explains that somewhere would be great.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
The logo would be added in the common5.pac, I believe there's a download for the necessary files on reddit.

RomanCenturionX

Smash Cadet
I wanted to know if there is any possible way to change a current character's physics, damage, knockback, etc. either through code or through a program i.e. BrawlBox. If anyone can help me that would be appreciated.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Is it possible to replace the effects on certain moves with another effect (For example, replacing the fire effect on Roy's U-smash with an ice effect) but only on one character color slot?

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Is it possible to replace the effects on certain moves with another effect (For example, replacing the fire effect on Roy's U-smash with an ice effect) but only on one character color slot?
yes, but you'd have to edit the PSA file, I don't know how to do that

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Theytah, is it possible to import SSBB character models for 3DS Max 2015? Because I'm new at making Character hacks, especially the model hacks.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Theytah, is it possible to import SSBB character models for 3DS Max 2015? Because I'm new at making Character hacks, especially the model hacks.
open the costume file in brawlbox and right click the model, then export as .dae, then you can open it with 3ds

NhgrtPlayer

Smash Cadet
Hi, i got a question : I want to put a Lucina costume over Marth for only 1 slot, with 4 others Marth costume, is it possible to have custom SFX for that slot only ? And if yes, how ? Ty ^^

And I'd like to know how do I extract models from Assist trophees ?

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hi, i got a question : I want to put a Lucina costume over Marth for only 1 slot, with 4 others Marth costume, is it possible to have custom SFX for that slot only ? And if yes, how ? Ty ^^

And I'd like to know how do I extract models from Assist trophees ?
Nobody's figured out slot specific SFX yet, so at the moment it's not possible.

NhgrtPlayer

Smash Cadet
Nobody's figured out slot specific SFX yet, so at the moment it's not possible.
Oh ok, too bad :(
And what about models from assist trophies ? How can i extract and work with them plz ? ^^

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
right click the ISO in dolphin and go to properties -> filesystem then right click to extract.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This indeed is a useful thread. Will save all of the things here i may need. Didn't read it fully while writing this message, so, maybe some of my questions are answered already.

If you know enough about modeling stuff, how to make model 5x bigger without just changing scale values in animations or attributes and how to fix bones on right side (right now, if i copy values from left arm that rotate it up and forward, right arm will rotate down and backward) without any of those Autodesk Maya or 3DS Max programs and without completly re-rigging the model? It completly stops progress of my project, so, i really need to know the solution since i don't want character's right body parts benging in completly wrong and unnatural ways and i don't want him to have floating bunny hood or flower above his head.

If you don't, then here is a list of questions i have:
  • Character randomly rotates at Y axis when moves ANYHOW. It doesn't goes beyond 50 and -50 degree, but it happens each frame, so, it looks like character is drunk or something.
  • Replace REFT file with one i need without PSA freezing the game at CSS. Tried just replacing and then renaming to match character's name (Lucario, not Ridley) - didn't worked.
  • How to make Down B give him aura that would reflect projectiles for 5 seconds at the cost of speed (-0.4 of the frame speed)? Lucario has defensive collisions and Mewtwo (made from Lucario) can reflect projectiles, so, it is possible to reflect them.
  • Items are held in wrong bone. How to fix that? Bone references in moveset file reffer to right bone, but in-game it is wrong one.
  • How to make him bounce off the opponent after using Aerial Down A?
I know about limitations PSA movesets have (articles can't be copied, modified much, defensive collisions can't be copied either, only characters with defensive collisions can reflect projectiles, etc) and i understand enough about PSA stuff.

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Hi Theytah, I have another question if you don't mind me asking. I was trying to edit the MiscData [100] file on a stage I was editing, and when I tried to change the camera bones on the StagePosition section, I got an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error every time I tried to save. Do you have any idea what causes this error to show up, since everything else about the stage works just fine.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Hi Theytah, I have another question if you don't mind me asking. I was trying to edit the MiscData [100] file on a stage I was editing, and when I tried to change the camera bones on the StagePosition section, I got an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error every time I tried to save. Do you have any idea what causes this error to show up, since everything else about the stage works just fine.
I think that's a BrawlBox issue - try grabbing the latest BrawlBox from http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67847.0 and I think that will fix the issue.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I think that's a BrawlBox issue - try grabbing the latest BrawlBox from http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67847.0 and I think that will fix the issue.
It was a BrawlBox issue, thanks for the help. I normally run v0.71 through Wine, but it looks like updating might spare me some more modding headaches in the future. As a way of expressing my gratitude, here's a look at the stage I was working on:

I couldn't wait until Smash 4 to play on a Mario Galaxy-themed stage :D

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Bizarre issue I have here (And I'm not sure if anyone here has this problem before)...

So I go ahead and install Project M 3.5 via the Online Netplay method. Then I load up Brawl Costume Manager and install a few costumes (They of course show up in BCM). The thing is, my new costumes I downloaded off of Brawl Vault aren't actually see-able in game. In other words, default skins and all of that.

Did I do something wrong during the installation process? Because I'm honestly stumped.

Last edited:

Inquirer

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure you can edit those via Brawlbox --> info.pac --> MiscData[40] --> Textures.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Does anyone have a template for the PM 3.5 SSS icons and know what font they use for the stage names?

Last edited:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Hey TheytahK I was trying to install the Bass.exe costume for Ganondorf, and I have one of two problems.
-When I keep the P:M 3.5 FitGanonMotion, I can't use the Bass.exe costume (game freezes when trying to load a stage).
-When I install the included Bass.exe's FitGanonMotion, I can go into a match fine, but I don't have access to the new Ganondorf's moves, like the sword taunt, cape, and hover. He just freezes into the standing model position, and can't get out of it (regardless of which costume i'm using). Bass is also much smaller than Ganondorf, and when he tries to grab the ledge, his hand is much lower than the cliff edge (even though he does grab the edge, it doesn't look like it).

I'm pretty sure that the second problem is because this is a Brawl mod. I've downloaded 3dsMax, but I have no idea where to start to enlarge the model/fit it moreperfectly to Ganon's model.

Can you help me with using the Bass.exe costume in P:M 3.5? I'd really like to use this awesome costume. Thanks in advance!

edit: here's a DL link for the costume :)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a3uiwfdqe7pac/Project_M_alt_costumes

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Hey TheytahK I was trying to install the Bass.exe costume for Ganondorf, and I have one of two problems.
-When I keep the P:M 3.5 FitGanonMotion, I can't use the Bass.exe costume (game freezes when trying to load a stage).
-When I install the included Bass.exe's FitGanonMotion, I can go into a match fine, but I don't have access to the new Ganondorf's moves, like the sword taunt, cape, and hover. He just freezes into the standing model position, and can't get out of it (regardless of which costume i'm using). Bass is also much smaller than Ganondorf, and when he tries to grab the ledge, his hand is much lower than the cliff edge (even though he does grab the edge, it doesn't look like it).

I'm pretty sure that the second problem is because this is a Brawl mod. I've downloaded 3dsMax, but I have no idea where to start to enlarge the model/fit it moreperfectly to Ganon's model.

Can you help me with using the Bass.exe costume in P:M 3.5? I'd really like to use this awesome costume. Thanks in advance!

edit: here's a DL link for the costume :)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a3uiwfdqe7pac/Project_M_alt_costumes
All I know is that the Motionect contains all the animation files, and your replacing the tauntkill, cape, and hover animations with the ones from the Bass.exe motionect. I'm not sure how to fix it,just thought that I would explain why it's happening

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
All I know is that the Motionect contains all the animation files, and your replacing the tauntkill, cape, and hover animations with the ones from the Bass.exe motionect. I'm not sure how to fix it,just thought that I would explain why it's happening
This makes sense, so I think I should just stick with the 3.5 ganon's Motionect. However, I'm so confused as to why Bass.exe's FitGanon00.pac causes freezing. It just holds the model file, right?

Maybe Bass's cape needs bones in it or something? Maybe there's something in the pac/pcs file that references the Bass Motionect, which is why the game freezes, becauses the Bass Motionect isn't there.

I wish I knew what makes the Bass costume so different from the Ganon model that it freezes the game, and how to fix it :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom