-Ezio (Ubisoft)
-Steve (Microsoft)
-Master Chief (Microsoft)
-Vaultboy (Bethesda)
-Scorpion (NetherRealm)

Looser definition:
-Sora (Disney)
-Lara Croft (Square Enix)
That's a good list. Especially since we know that Microsoft characters are eligible, our horizons for western guests have grown.

Here's something I wonder: would GTA protagonists work in a similar manner to DQ Hero? I don't really see the GTA protagonists as unique ability-wise, and GTA is one of the biggest franchises right now.

Now that Banjo-Kazooie are in, the only Western-made characters I want are Steve...and the Creeper if possible, but mostly Steve; also Sans & Papyrus. Conker would be cool, though.

Otherwise I just want Nintendo characters, though Tails and Shadow would be cool, and the Slime and Black Mage seem cool too.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Master
So it looks like the Fighter's Pass character directly following Banjo is a Japan-made character. One who got overshadowed by a freaking Mii costume at that.

Kinda makes me worried for the future of west-made characters if they will be a rare deal. And what other companies can they even draw from if they're still focusing on Japanese characters? The only one I can name off the top of my head is ArcSys.

JDCabrera

Smash Legend
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
I strongly believe that Doomguy and Crash Bandicoot could equally happen for the DLC that is to come, including fighter 5 and the non-pass DLC.

Doh I also expected surprising reveals at the level of SNK to potentially happen again.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
A new fighters pass means Chief has a third chance in Ultimate.

Really hoping this is the one. With Banjo & Kazooie in the game that means Nintendo already has good relations with Microsoft.