• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I do think we'll get Ice Climbers as a New 3DS/ WiiU DLC. Not so sure about 3ds, unless they're just cut to 1 character with the other joining in for moves like Blizzard and Belay

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
I do think we'll get Ice Climbers as a New 3DS/ WiiU DLC. Not so sure about 3ds, unless they're just cut to 1 character with the other joining in for moves like Blizzard and Belay
If they add special characters in Wii U that would be bull****.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
No it wouldnt if its just 1 to save fan heartbreak along with an explanation for why they are Wii U exclusive.
Doesn't sound too fair for those on the 3DS version though, I mean I'm getting both so it wont bother me, but think of everyone else who loved the Ice Climbers and are unable to get/don't want a Wii U

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Doesn't sound too fair for those on the 3DS version though, I mean I'm getting both so it wont bother me, but think of everyone else who loved the Ice Climbers and are unable to get/don't want a Wii U
Are you kidding me its plenty fair, they can buy a wii u if its just 1 character with a reasonable explanation behind it. Its not like Sakurai wanted Ice Climbers to be UNPLAYABLE on the 3ds this is just how it works, technical limitations should make this case ok. (Also smash is all Ice Climbers got, there is no where else for them to go)

I guess... ur signature explains it xD
that it does. (And I hate that I have to be disappointed)

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
as much as I would like more characters I would rather have improved mechanics and physics. gameplay still lacks major things.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So there's 977MB left on the 3DS Cartridge. Wonder how much data does each character take?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Did you really expect Ridley to be shown off NOT on Pyrosphere?

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
Disappointed Wolf main reporting in.
The more information is unraveled about the game the less Wolf and Lucas being cut makes sense.
Their special moves have almost completely been given to Fox and Ness (which means it's here), and Lucas's trophy model isn't even the same as the one from brawl, so why couldn't they be in the game ? "Slots" are clearly not the issue here with Dark Pit and Dr.Mario. It makes even less sense when you know Sakurai personally wanted Wolf.
And why not simply use them as alt costumes (as much as I would hate that) ?

The only logical reason would be advertisement DLC for future games (which would be good news for Mother fans, and logic with Starfox Wii U coming), considering they can't really cut more popular characters, and giving them completely different special moves to sell better.
Unfortunately, as much as I love Nintendo, I don't really trust them to make a smart business decision.

I also like the idea that they would be unlocked with the Wii U version but I think they would have used less "underdog" characters people already expected to get cut.

If DLC does come, I'm also worried we'll have huge unecessary gaps between releases like the Mario Kart DLCs.

All we can do is hope I guess.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Knowing Sakurai he will announce like 10 DLC characters, get everyone excited, and then give us 10 shi t characters that no one wants
Sakurai: "I proudly announce our first, and last, DLC characters. We have worked very hard to bring you the very best of what we have to offer. They are only $5 each separately or $40 in a pack. You asked. We listened. We delivered on the sheer fan demands of these characters. They are: Fusion Suit Samus, Toon Ridley, Toon DK, Young Diddy, Gold Mario, Luigi With a Wig, Baby Wario, Chibi Marth, CDI-Link and the Wii Fit Balance Board. What can I say, who needs irrelevant and lame characters like Wolf, Isaac, Lucas and Mewtwo when we can have fan-favourites like these? Enjoy!"

Joking aside, I don't seriously expect things to go this far. That said, he did plan Toon Zelda, a clear fan-favourite worldwide!:troll:

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Disappointed Wolf main reporting in.
The more information is unraveled about the game the less Wolf and Lucas being cut makes sense.
Their special moves have almost completely been given to Fox and Ness (which means it's here), and Lucas's trophy model isn't even the same as the one from brawl, so why couldn't they be in the game ? "Slots" are clearly not the issue here with Dark Pit and Dr.Mario. It makes even less sense when you know Sakurai personally wanted Wolf.
And why not simply use them as alt costumes (as much as I would hate that) ?

The only logical reason would be advertisement DLC for future games (which would be good news for Mother fans, and logic with Starfox Wii U coming), considering they can't really cut more popular characters, and giving them completely different special moves to sell better.
Unfortunately, as much as I love Nintendo, I don't really trust them to make a smart business decision.

I also like the idea that they would be unlocked with the Wii U version but I think they would have used less "underdog" characters people already expected to get cut.

If DLC does come, I'm also worried we'll have huge unecessary gaps between releases like the Mario Kart DLCs.

All we can do is hope I guess.
I hope you can understand that Wolf is very different and it makes sense for him to be gone.

And this stuff also held down Lucas aswell:
All custom moves must have names and be programmed.
Need to model kirby's hat.
Need to model the character. (Obvious)
Taking up a slot on the 3DS screen for DLC characters.
There's more to in terms of representation, Have to put them in all-stars and program in their Challenger Approaching sequence.

Some are very small and easy, And others could take up quite a bit of time. But it still weighs the character down.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
We have characters attacking with:
  • Hands
  • Feet
  • Swords
  • Staves
  • Arm Cannons
But we have no characters using their body to attack. I don't mean hands or feet. I mean their body itself.
I think the first DLC character needs to attack with their body.
(maybe Pikachu counts here as he attacks with it's head but others would be nice.)

Are you one of those people who is still crying for Ridley as a playable character?
Are you one of those people who like to bash people that want their favorite characters to be in?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Are you one of those people who like to bash people that want their favorite characters to be in?
Did you take that seriously? Ah who cares.

I can't wait to see Ridley's trophy.

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
I hope you can understand that Wolf is very different and it makes sense for him to be gone.

And this stuff also held down Lucas aswell:
All custom moves must have names and be programmed.
Need to model kirby's hat.
Need to model the character. (Obvious)
Taking up a slot on the 3DS screen for DLC characters.
There's more to in terms of representation, Have to put them in all-stars and program in their Challenger Approaching sequence.

Some are very small and easy, And others could take up quite a bit of time. But it still weighs the character down.
All these arguments fall flat when you have stuff like Dark Pit and Dr.Mario. Also models can't take that long as all koopalings are here, and Lucas already has a new model for his trophy in the game. There is also more than 600 trophies with their own model, although yes they don't have their own animations.

I get that Lucas and Wolf A-moves are different but it can't be the real reason when you can recreate the ones from Brawl.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
All these arguments fall flat when you have stuff like Dark Pit and Dr.Mario. Also models can't take that long as all koopalings are here, and Lucas already has a new model for his trophy in the game. There is also more than 600 trophies with their own model, although yes they don't have their own animations.

I get that Lucas and Wolf A-moves are different but it can't be the real reason when you can recreate the ones from Brawl.
But...We-...T-... Dr. Mario is...

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "I proudly announce our first, and last, DLC characters. We have worked very hard to bring you the very best of what we have to offer. They are only $5 each separately or $40 in a pack. You asked. We listened. We delivered on the sheer fan demands of these characters. They are: Fusion Suit Samus, Toon Ridley, Toon DK, Young Diddy, Gold Mario, Luigi With a Wig, Baby Wario, Chibi Marth, CDI-Link and the Wii Fit Balance Board. What can I say, who needs irrelevant and lame characters like Wolf, Isaac, Lucas and Mewtwo when we can have fan-favourites like these? Enjoy!"

Joking aside, I don't seriously expect things to go this far. That said, he did plan Toon Zelda, a clear fan-favourite worldwide!:troll:
Don't forget Dr. Dark Pink-Gold Pit Jr.!

D

Deleted member

Sadly, there are probably people who would like Toon Ridley :p.

and I may or may not play the hell out of Luigi & Wig.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525

Is it bad that I now kind of want baby Wario?:troll:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Sakurai: We are proud to announce the new Smash Bros. DLC with 10 of the most wanted characters!!!:

-Fat Wii-Fit Trainer!

-Ray Rice! He can really pack a punch!

-Wheelchair Mewtwo!

-Siamese Twins Ice Climbers!

-Senior Citizen Mario!

-Magikarp!

-Nickelback! They will attack their opponets by playing terrible music!

-Stripper Samus!

-Bowser the 3rd!

And the most requested character of all time: me, SAKURAI!!!!!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I only said not 3ds because apparently a system equivalent to the game cube can't handle them (SAKURAI)
The problem is the 3DS and Wii U versions will have the same playable characters no matter what. Sakurai has not backed down on this.

No exclusives will exist as long as he's in charge.

And it's definitely not fair to the 3DS players in any way. If there is a New 3DS version, it will not connect with the Wii U or giving it any more characters. It'll be a new game overall. It goes entirely against the "3DS and Wii U versions will have the same characters" cold hard statement. Any form of "exclusive characters" in the context of 3DS and Wii U are definitely not happening. It's not worth suggesting at all.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Sakurai: We are proud to announce the new Smash Bros. DLC with 10 of the most wanted characters!!!:

-Fat Wii-Fit Trainer!

-Ray Rice! He can really pack a punch!

-Wheelchair Mewtwo!

-Siamese Twins Ice Climbers!

-Senior Citizen Mario!

-Magikarp!

-Nickelback! They will attack their opponets by playing terrible music!

-Stripper Samus!

-Bowser the 3rd!

And the most requested character of all time: me, SAKURAI!!!!!!
Basically at this point it wouldnt surprise me if Sakurai put a balance patch in to delete half the roster due to his poor decision making skills.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Not really. Popularity for a specific character =/= Popularity for a series as a whole.

Falco is more popular than Wolf period.

There's only two reasons people call for Wolf these days; Technically a villain and he was a bit more unique.

He himself is not a severely popular character. Falco actually was key to a game. Wolf is just Fox's rival of the two.

And that's not even taking into account who I prefer, since that doesn't change the majority.

Also, all of Wolf's B moves could be easily thrown onto Fox except his Side B at most. Falco's Down B was far more different. Doing a Laser with no knockback, a Laser with knockback, and a short laser with stun are all variants of the same moves. All of the Up B's are almost the same. Wolf doesn't have flames. His Reflector was slightly different. The key difference to Wolf's Side B was that it was at a different angle and knockback, but was still nearly the same as Fox Illusion otherwise. His A moves were the only truly unique part.
Wolf will be back! he is way more important then falco cause he is the villan

D

Deleted member

The problem is the 3DS and Wii U versions will have the same playable characters no matter what. Sakurai has not backed down on this.

No exclusives will exist as long as he's in charge.

And it's definitely not fair to the 3DS players in any way. If there is a New 3DS version, it will not connect with the Wii U or giving it any more characters. It'll be a new game overall. It goes entirely against the "3DS and Wii U versions will have the same characters" cold hard statement. Any form of "exclusive characters" in the context of 3DS and Wii U are definitely not happening. It's not worth suggesting at all.
Dlc=full game
....Yeah right.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wolf will be back! he is way more important then falco cause he is the villan
Maybe he will be back. I hope so too. Likewise, Andross/Andrew are the villains. Wolf is just the rival and sometimes evil.

And Sakurai clearly didn't think so, if it matters. Also, to be fair, Wolf barely drives most of the stories any more than Falco does. Falco is a key part of the Starfox Adventures story, however.

Dlc=full game
....Yeah right.
Um, yeah, it is. They will have the same playable characters. Having DLC to add more is fine as long as the same set exists. That's the only way Sakurai will allow the Wii U to have any more, if the 3DS version does. Because that's exactly what he declared. Whether it's DLC or 3DS Wii U connection doesn't matter(or both). It will happen. Or we're getting zero exclusives(at least at first for the Wii U).

If the New 3DS version has different characters, it'll be separate from the Wii U version because it's an unrelated game by default. Or the 3DS and Wii U version will have all of those extra characters too. This is actually what will happen. The 3DS and Wii U versions no matter what, no matter how many people try to want, will have the exact same playable characters. That's a cold hard fact he's stated. You don't want that to happen? Get Sakurai to leave. Otherwise just live with it.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Maybe he will be back. I hope so too. Likewise, Andross/Andrew are the villains. Wolf is just the rival and sometimes evil.

And Sakurai clearly didn't think so, if it matters. Also, to be fair, Wolf barely drives most of the stories any more than Falco does. Falco is a key part of the Starfox Adventures story, however.

Um, yeah, it is. They will have the same playable characters. Having DLC to add more is fine as long as the same set exists. That's the only way Sakurai will allow the Wii U to have any more, if the 3DS version does. Because that's exactly what he declared. Whether it's DLC or 3DS Wii U connection doesn't matter(or both). It will happen. Or we're getting zero exclusives(at least at first for the Wii U).

If the New 3DS version has different characters, it'll be separate from the Wii U version because it's an unrelated game by default. Or the 3DS and Wii U version will have all of those extra characters too. This is actually what will happen. The 3DS and Wii U versions no matter what, no matter how many people try to want, will have the exact same playable characters. That's a cold hard fact he's stated. You don't want that to happen? Get Sakurai to leave. Otherwise just live with it.
I could still see Ice Climbers being exclusive to Wii U with an apology to 3ds fans.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I could still see Ice Climbers being exclusive to Wii U with an apology to 3ds fans.
Then you're seeing something that is impossible.

He is not ever going to screw the 3DS players out of a character. Period. That is the one thing among many of his stuff he never once changed at all. He's changed his mind on many things, but that wasn't it. When he said "same roster number", people mistook it to mean exclusives. He clarified that "was not the case" anyway.

I get you hate the cuts, but you gotta let it go, dude. Ice Climbers aren't coming back unless he fixes the issue, which nobody knows what it is at this time. And they're one of my favorite characters, but I even know putting them on one version but not the other is ridiculous.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Then you're seeing something that is impossible.

He is not ever going to screw the 3DS players out of a character. Period. That is the one thing among many of his stuff he never once changed at all. He's changed his mind on many things, but that wasn't it. When he said "same roster number", people mistook it to mean exclusives. He clarified that "was not the case" anyway.

I get you hate the cuts, but you gotta let it go, dude. Ice Climbers aren't coming back unless he fixes the issue, which nobody knows what it is at this time. And they're one of my favorite characters, but I even know putting them on one version but not the other is ridiculous.
I still could see it happening imo but anyways I dont think were getting DLC since it would be too smart.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still could see it happening imo but anyways I dont think were getting DLC since it would be too smart.
We got DLC already. ;) It was a new mode added to the Japanese release on day 1. He can say the word patch, but that's not a "patch" by definition anyway. So yeah, we're getting it. DLC is beyond smart, if it's free. People won't complain about free characters and all.

And I don't know why you're seeing something that has zero percent chances of happening. We're not talking about Ridley being DLC. That has a ghost of a chance. Any exclusive playables do not. Period. I feel bad for Ice Climbers, but there's no use in being in denial about their chances. It's both or nothing.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
We got DLC already. ;) It was a new mode added to the Japanese release on day 1. He can say the word patch, but that's not a "patch" by definition anyway. So yeah, we're getting it. DLC is beyond smart, if it's free. People won't complain about free characters and all.

And I don't know why you're seeing something that has zero percent chances of happening. We're not talking about Ridley being DLC. That has a ghost of a chance. Any exclusive playables do not. Period. I feel bad for Ice Climbers, but there's no use in being in denial about their chances. It's both or nothing.
Idk I feel certain fanbases are just doomed to be in pain and nintendo is amazing at making poor decisions, this is why I dont believe in DLC characters.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Ummmm...... I just found this? It seems to be similar to your discussion, so...

BAM! New leak time. http://i.imgur.com/0uBu7MU.png
Yeah this would be awesome and the roster would definitely be more complete (but star fox would yet again get the super shaft by being ignored, depression would be eternal even though I would be glad for those fanbases.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Idk I feel certain fanbases are just doomed to be in pain and nintendo is amazing at making poor decisions, this is why I dont believe in DLC characters.
...But they did DLC already for Mario Kart 8. So no, I really don't believe in this kind of thing.

Stop hating on Nintendo, they didn't make any decision on the cuts, Sakurai did. And Nintendo has been in love with DLC too. Meaning we're getting more DLC regardless. It's happening no matter what. May not be character, though, but if it is, totally both versions.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
...But they did DLC already for Mario Kart 8. So no, I really don't believe in this kind of thing.

Stop hating on Nintendo, they didn't make any decision on the cuts, Sakurai did. And Nintendo has been in love with DLC too. Meaning we're getting more DLC regardless. It's happening no matter what. May not be character, though, but if it is, totally both versions.
You think stage DLC will be the same for both games if it exists (I kinda think it might not be but idk)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You think stage DLC will be the same for both games if it exists (I kinda think it might not be but idk)
Or that might be a "connect both to download" feature. Who knows.

I think we could still get exclusive stages. Hyrule Castle would be nice. Or Great Bay.(Temple is overdone, oy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom