• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It's from Twitter. It also has American-based File names. On a Japanese system. It's probably fake. Marshal is named Matt in Japan. That should be his name in the Japanese 3DS files. It's not.

The character options could be real, but the way they're written gives it a very low chance of this particular "leak" being real.(basically, the real one could have the proper file names) However, the picture was edited, so maybe they changed the file name list to make it less confusing for some? Zapper is obvious to Duck Hunt players. Matt is not obvious for people who know of Marshall.
Ok just curious.

Oh man, youre on the hope train.

I dont think it has any to be honest, but what do I know, Im not even sure where this leak came from.
More like Im on the depressed train looking for an actual hope ticket instead of fake hope tickets.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , I've thought of some new evidence.

Everybody thinks that there'll be more characters in SSBU because there's four empty slots. Now, if we applied SSB3D's roster to the SSBU character select screen, then we could see if they have the same number of empty slots or not, supporting either my or your side.

I remember a pic made for speculating how many characters would be in the game, comparing the Smash Fest demo's CSSs. I'll be searching for that. You want to end this stupid argument? Then I suggest you help somehow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , I've thought of some new evidence.

Everybody thinks that there'll be more characters in SSBU because there's four empty slots. Now, if we applied SSB3D's roster to the SSBU character select screen, then we could see if they have the same number of empty slots or not, supporting either my or your side.

I remember a pic made for speculating how many characters would be in the game, comparing the Smash Fest demo's CSSs. I'll be searching for that. You want to end this stupid argument? Then I suggest you help somehow.
Irrelevant. There's are 3 Mii Fighters who use one slot. A DLC slot can exist where you select the character from it. Just like the Name Menu in Melee/Brawl.

The CSS was never a useful argument in any way and never will be. We have not seen any Wii U rosters. It could very well have a different order at this point. We don't know. The CSS is useless in determining anything right now due to the fact Sakurai broke up the character order by series, something never done before. Nothing besides Sakurai outright saying "We will not add any more characters to the game" is going to convince people. Because he already went against a reasonable CSS design. He added what is a "Slot to choose multiple characters", which a DLC slot could apply for. And he made day 1 DLC(by definition. You're downloading a mode, not a simple bug fix. He can try to call it a patch, but we all know it's true dlc. Brawl had it too with the custom courses, even if it was kind of a lame type of one).

And no, people think we'll have more characters because there's missing data on the download screen(a large amount of data no less), a poor CSS design, a lot of cut characters, and the fact there just happens to be space for it. Nobody knows how DLC will work when it happens. You need to research all the reasons, not just one, one that many tend to not find that matters much even.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Irrelevant. There's are 3 Mii Fighters who use one slot. A DLC slot can exist where you select the character from it. Just like the Name Menu in Melee/Brawl.

The CSS was never a useful argument in any way and never will be. We have not seen any Wii U rosters. It could very well have a different order at this point. We don't know. The CSS is useless in determining anything right now due to the fact Sakurai broke up the character order by series, something never done before. Nothing besides Sakurai outright saying "We will not add any more characters to the game" is going to convince people. Because he already went against a reasonable CSS design. He added what is a "Slot to choose multiple characters", which a DLC slot could apply for. And he made day 1 DLC(by definition. You're downloading a mode, not a simple bug fix. He can try to call it a patch, but we all know it's true dlc. Brawl had it too with the custom courses, even if it was kind of a lame type of one).
This isn't about DLC, this is about characters already in the game, hidden by a system link. The roster is supposed to be equal, and they would be taken into account when making both versions.

The Wii U roster is unlikely to undergo any changes, with how detailed it was. Everything they've shown us so far has appeared in the final game, why should this be an exception?

Also, the mode was already in the game, it was just enabled with the patch, alongside the rest of the online modes. Said mode was featured in the SSB3D E3 reel, and the update takes up almost no space. The whole "patch for online" thing was just so people wouldn't interfere with testing if early copies were leaked.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This isn't about DLC, this is about characters already in the game, hidden by a system link. The roster is supposed to be equal, and they would be taken into account when making both versions.

The Wii U roster is unlikely to undergo any changes, with how detailed it was. Everything they've shown us so far has appeared in the final game, why should this be an exception?

Also, the mode was already in the game, it was just enabled with the patch, alongside the rest of the online modes. Said mode was featured in the SSB3D E3 reel, and the update takes up almost no space. The whole "patch for online" thing was just so people wouldn't interfere with testing if early copies were leaked.
Mii Fighters already prove that they could just be a menu full of characters. The CSS doesn't matter at all here.

It's only proven fake if we find a definite real leak with the hacked coding of the game and we find no characters but the obviously cut Ice Climbers(and maybe Chorus Men, for the same reason, technical issues). The other one is a bloody fake. All of the names are inconsistent. They should all be Japanese proper translations of each one at best.

What Wii U Roster? We haven't seen anything but a tiny snippet of it way back when. There are zero leaks of what it looks like. The 3DS character order and Wii U character order have zero guarantees to be the same. We only know it'll have the exact same playable characters and nothing more(and that's 100% assuming it doesn't have exclusives we can add to the 3DS later. But we know all of them will be on the screen. Mii's may have 3 different slots now. We just don't know what it'll look at all).

Nobody knows what the final Wii U game looks like. They're not the same damn game at all. Since we have pretty much zero information, we can't find anything strong against this idea whatsoever(namely because there's zero evidence to suggest it's impossible. And real evidence, not severely old stuff that has no bearing right now).

Give it up. You're wasting your time here and you've provided quite literally no reason for anyone to actually find this unbelievable at all. Try your luck with how a character might work or something. You might be able to do something there. I would suggest doing some research in the leaks group, since you're quite unaware of the many factors in development, and how heavy of an influence Miyamoto is on games. He's always had influence, full stop. Him allowing customs to happen but make connectable unlocks can easily be a compromise between him and Sakurai. See how easy that is? Yeah.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
If this is the case, then it needs to be advertised. This would be a selling point.
The thing is that they won't do so until some time after october 3rd. They want to advertise the WiiU version after they feel they've got most of their 3ds sales in order to maximize both versions' sales.

So all we can really do is wait and see.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
The thing is that they won't do so until some time after october 3rd. They want to advertise the WiiU version after they feel they've got most of their 3ds sales in order to maximize both versions' sales.

So all we can really do is wait and see.
Yeah they will most likely wait until post-3DS release in order to hype the Wii U version right before release

Pakky

Smash Hero
Nintendo's quietness makes me believe that there will be more characters for the Wii U version....

And wow, day 3 and no Ridley trophy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nintendo's quietness makes me believe that there will be more characters for the Wii U version....

And wow, day 3 and no Ridley trophy.
To be fair, if Ridley was never playable, he wouldn't be on the 3DS version, but the Wii U version. I honestly don't think it means much. But if we do see him on the 3DS version, then it might be suspicious.(although the playable boss mode for both versions could work too)

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I think there is a difference presidence for this game. Brawl was an issue of people wanting too much. SSB4 is an issue or needlessly cut characters, over saturation of series, and ignoring characters with obvious high demand. On the former, it should be noted that the Ridley thread here has over 2 million views and 700,000 post. Oh, and they managed to top Pichu for the worst character in a Smash Brothers game. I can agree with you that people over reacted to the roster in past games. In this game, it's a bit more justified. This game is just incomplete. You can look at the stage roster to see that.
Pichu was the best troll character ever. Don't ever disrespect Pichu like that again.

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
Warning Received
My prediction is that Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, Chorus Men, Dixie, and maybe Chrom will be DLC. No way Ridley will though. He'll never be playable and his fans are delusional as hell.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Honestly I couldn't care less if Squirtle or Ivysaur came back. They were great and really fun characters in Brawl, but having them back without the Pokémon Trainer would feel kind of wrong. I mean, one pokemon on their own is different (Charizard) but why bring back all three? It would really oversaturate the amount of pokemon on the roster. Plus I think Smash needs some more pokemon from other generations if they want to add more. What about gen 2 or 3? They never got any love yet. :p Maybe it's just because I don't really care much for gen 1. I do like Mewtwo though, but that's only because he was in Melee, and I have a lot of nostalgia for that game.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Honestly I couldn't care less if Squirtle or Ivysaur came back. They were great and really fun characters in Brawl, but having them back without the Pokémon Trainer would feel kind of wrong. I mean, one pokemon on their own is different (Charizard) but why bring back all three? It would really oversaturate the amount of pokemon on the roster. Plus I think Smash needs some more pokemon from other generations if they want to add more. What about gen 2 or 3? They never got any love yet. :p Maybe it's just because I don't really care much for gen 1. I do like Mewtwo though, but that's only because he was in Melee, and I have a lot of nostalgia for that game.
Realistic dlc I would say is Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas. Ice climbers and Snake are on the edge. Newcomers is IMO too hard to predict. (In truth there are no dlc characters :( )

lightdasher

Smash Lord
My prediction is that Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, Chorus Men, Dixie, and maybe Chrom will be DLC. No way Ridley will though. He'll never be playable and his fans are delusional as hell.
You call Ridley fans delusional while wanting/expecting both Chrom and Roy alongside the other 4 fire emblem reps? As much as I hate Ridley even I can see that's wrong.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You call Ridley fans delusional while wanting both Chrom and Roy alongside the other 4 fire emblem reps? As much as I hate Ridley even I can see that's wrong.
It's not just that. Let's remember we already have a playable Roy with the Koopalings. That's even his character name on the screen. Chrom is a Final Smash, part of a character's gameplay. He was basically given the Toad treatment. I hate using one of my favorite choices as a knock to a character, but it's pretty much what happened.

Also, Marth has a Roy-inspired costume(just no hair difference) and Ike has one for Chrom(again, no hair difference). It's their clothing, basically. Those two are repped well enough.

Ice Climbers and Chorus Men are unlikely due to two factors; IC's may never have their technical issues fixed and Chorus Men were never proven as a real idea.

Everybody else is fair game. I don't think Sakurai really cares if a series gets too many characters at this point. FE got 4 while some others lost a member, so...

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Realistic dlc I would say is Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas. Ice climbers and Snake are on the edge. Newcomers is IMO too hard to predict. (In truth there are no dlc characters :( )
I agree, we'll get maybe 4 characters as DLC at MOST. Probably only ONE newcomer, if that. Personally, I would rather have stage DLC. Or packs of characters mixed with 3 or 4 stages. Like, oh here's Wolf, he comes with 3 new stages!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree, we'll get maybe 4 characters as DLC at MOST. Probably only ONE newcomer, if that. Personally, I would rather have stage DLC. Or packs of characters mixed with 3 or 4 stages. Like, oh here's Wolf, he comes with 3 new stages!
Keep in mind we don't know if Sakurai will give us DLC based upon the CSS, or actually make a new slot for DLC characters. You just scroll through to get each one, just like Mii Fighters.

So we can't say how many we get whatsoever. Until we actually get character DLC, and know how it's done. If it weren't for Mii Fighters' exact design, well... yeah.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Keep in mind we don't know if Sakurai will give us DLC based upon the CSS, or actually make a new slot for DLC characters. You just scroll through to get each one, just like Mii Fighters.

So we can't say how many we get whatsoever. Until we actually get character DLC, and know how it's done. If it weren't for Mii Fighters' exact design, well... yeah.
That is definitely true. However, even though we don't know for sure that this is the case, I don't think we'll be getting more than a handful of new fighters. I would love to have a ton more, and would happily pay for it though. Realistically, I think Nintendo would rather save more newcomers for Smash 5 or whatever. I think most of the DLC will be veterans.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That is definitely true. However, even though we don't know for sure that this is the case, I don't think we'll be getting more than a handful of new fighters. I would love to have a ton more, and would happily pay for it though. Realistically, I think Nintendo would rather save more newcomers for Smash 5 or whatever. I think most of the DLC will be veterans.
Well, it also depends if we can find any files of planned characters beyond IC's. If we can, then having those specific characters back as free DLC is reasonable. New characters may not be. Or veterans who were not planned.

I know Sakurai isn't a giant fan of paid dlc, but Miyamoto is not against it. And as we know, Miyamoto can force certain things here. He can even fire Sakurai and let Bandai-Namco do the rest. It's sad to think about, but the reality of the situation is that it could actually happen.(but you could rejoice in that exclusive characters could exist if Sakurai were forced to leave, I guess?)

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Well, it also depends if we can find any files of planned characters beyond IC's. If we can, then having those specific characters back as free DLC is reasonable. New characters may not be. Or veterans who were not planned.

I know Sakurai isn't a giant fan of paid dlc, but Miyamoto is not against it. And as we know, Miyamoto can force certain things here. He can even fire Sakurai and let Bandai-Namco do the rest. It's sad to think about, but the reality of the situation is that it could actually happen.(but you could rejoice in that exclusive characters could exist if Sakurai were forced to leave, I guess?)
I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. I'm not opposed to the idea of having exclusive characters that you can get by having both versions, (As in, the Wii U transfers characters to the 3ds) but for one version to lack the same roster as another overall would definitely not be a good idea. As much as I would love for the Ice Climbers to return on Wii U, the amount of complainers would be through the roof.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. I'm not opposed to the idea of having exclusive characters that you can get by having both versions, (As in, the Wii U transfers characters to the 3ds) but for one version to lack the same roster as another overall would definitely not be a good idea. As much as I would love for the Ice Climbers to return on Wii U, the amount of complainers would be through the roof.
Which is why it's nice Sakurai guaranteed no exclusives. Period. :grin:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Smash 5 isn't guaranteed to happen. I could easily see this being the last one with a ton of dlc support (or not )

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zapper is probably Duck Hunt, I can't find him in the list. And Nes Zapper and all that.
The list has English, Japanese, and German names. It's probably not real or somebody decided to rename a lot of stuff before the upload. They did add pictures and all. Really, our Leaks group will properly hack it later once we get a copy.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta, I think is highly likely to be in the Wii U version. Ridley, I do not think will be in because of the Smash direct and because of sakurai's opinion of ridley.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Smash 5 isn't guaranteed to happen. I could easily see this being the last one with a ton of dlc support (or not )
True. However, I think if it were to happen, they wouldn't do duel releases like they are now. Especially considering the rumors of Nintendo's new handheld/console hybrid. Also, I think if Smash 5 DOES exist, then I don't forsee it coming for a LONG time. Probably as long as the wait was between Melee and Brawl. However, I hope that the differences are as large as the differences were between those two games, because from what I've seen, a lot of SSB4 is kind of the same as Brawl. (In regards to movesets and overall style that is.)

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
if Jigglypuff (my main) wasn't in the game i'd still buy it.

hell.... if the characters were all plucked from RuPaul's drag race, i'd still buy the game

but i agree the nintendo characters do make the game appealing also. but i don't think its the end of the world if every popularly requested character weren't in the game. We already have the most important ones anyways.
but is RuPaul stage hazard or playable????

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope there are more characters because Dark pit and the Doctor rustled my jimmies really badly. Also Sakurai's word changes like the seasons, what's the same to day could be vastly unequal tomorrow.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope there are more characters because Dark pit and the Doctor rustled my jimmies really badly. Also Sakurai's word changes like the seasons, what's the same to day could be vastly unequal tomorrow.
Why don't you like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom