• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Are there going to be more pics of the day?

Last edited:

World

Smash Cadet
READ THIS FIRST: Since there seems to be misunderstanding, I have something to say. I am fine with the current roster. I don't feel like this needs to happen for me to be content. Honestly, one of my predictions in this I think would be a little bit unfortunate should it come true. I simply noticed some abnormalities and am making inferences to what they may imply about the future of sm4sh. You may now proceed to read this post.

I was looking at the new roster and I noticed a few things.

1. While the full roster was complete in the true leak, all star said not everyone was unlocked, much unlike the release version.

2. This video here showing why Ridley is very likely based on released information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcabFkhpa8 yet Ridley was not in the final roster.

3. Much of the hype for this game came from the characters, and all of it led up to the ads, leaving the WiiU with less hype, which would in turn decrease sales.

4. The "final" 3ds roster can fit 4 more character slots onto it and completely fill up the screen without altering the size of any of the character icons.

This leads me to the following hypothesis: There are more characters (my guess would be 4) that will be announced in the months between the launch of the 3ds version and the WiiU version which are not currently available on the 3ds system. This could likely be DLC that the 3ds downloads while the WiiU has all of it preinstalled on the disk, or possibly they must be unlocked via connecting the 2 games and transferring characters.

Thoughts?
Hype from the casual majority? Yeah, doubt that.
Only the few hardcore will actually care enough about the roster not meeting their expectation to avoid purchasing Smash.

As much as I would like the game to have more characters (really hate the slots for Dark Pit/Lucina/Dr.Mario), I'm
keeping my expectations in check in that what we have will most likely be the final roster. Any DLC will be minimal additons.

People are forgetting the Smash 3DS could have been the sole version of Smash 4 since Sakurai first considered handhelds due to feeling Smash was becoming stale in design.

He has also stated that as for characters, the 3DS and Wii U will be the same and there are no lead versions:

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...dlc-patching-why-villagertrainer-are-in-more/

The team is the same for both versions, which are being developed in parallel. There’s no “lead platform” strictly speaking.
He also won't consider DLC until both versions are completed to their fullest potential:

I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards.
So during development, he suddenly decides that the Wii U will release with additional characters and make 3DS users
download them separately? That doesn't fit his development discussions...

Sorry OP, this is one theory I have to disagree with.

Any additional characters being added will come sometime after the Wii U version is released.

Sexyrandal105

Smash Rookie

The game isn't fully released yet, so they're not even taking DLC into consideration yet.
I would like to point out that this statement was before the investor meeting where Nintendo talked about changing their overall business strategy. Nintendo is in financial trouble and the order may have came from Iwata over the past few months to make DLC a priority just like Mario Kart.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
READ THIS FIRST: Since there seems to be misunderstanding, I have something to say. I am fine with the current roster. I don't feel like this needs to happen for me to be content. Honestly, one of my predictions in this I think would be a little bit unfortunate should it come true. I simply noticed some abnormalities and am making inferences to what they may imply about the future of sm4sh. You may now proceed to read this post.

I was looking at the new roster and I noticed a few things.

1. While the full roster was complete in the true leak, all star said not everyone was unlocked, much unlike the release version.

2. This video here showing why Ridley is very likely based on released information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcabFkhpa8 yet Ridley was not in the final roster.

3. Much of the hype for this game came from the characters, and all of it led up to the ads, leaving the WiiU with less hype, which would in turn decrease sales.

4. The "final" 3ds roster can fit 4 more character slots onto it and completely fill up the screen without altering the size of any of the character icons.

This leads me to the following hypothesis: There are more characters (my guess would be 4) that will be announced in the months between the launch of the 3ds version and the WiiU version which are not currently available on the 3ds system. This could likely be DLC that the 3ds downloads while the WiiU has all of it preinstalled on the disk, or possibly they must be unlocked via connecting the 2 games and transferring characters.

Thoughts?
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1972435/super_smash_bros_the_difference_between_wii_u_3ds_versions.html

Give her a read and tell me what you think.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What is this?
Somebody gave us a "leak" of the actual character data. We have yet to confirm this real by our own members hacking the game.

Either way, it's a leak and doesn't belong in this thread. Although if it's real, it supports DLC(which is inevitable anyway).

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Somebody gave us a "leak" of the actual character data. We have yet to confirm this real by our own members hacking the game.

Either way, it's a leak and doesn't belong in this thread. Although if it's real, it supports DLC(which is inevitable anyway).
Really? Nice. Hope you find something soon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
By the way this guy

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shigeru_Miyamoto

wasn't he the one who suggested pac-man for brawl?

So are your sure its impossible for a a connection between the 3ds and wii u for 4 additionals

A patch release that adds the 4
If you really think LancerStaff's "idea" that connectable unlocks is impossible, you're wasting your time.

We're well aware it has merit and we have zero evidence to suggest it'll never happen. Sakurai definitely has in no way went against this. He doesn't have any issues with DLC, just a bit against paid. Miyamoto isn't against this either, and he does have control over this as he could've forced this idea too. Remember, Sakurai does not own the games. He just helps develop them. Miyamoto can force some things because it's on his systems. He could damn well force connectable unlocks and the one thing I'm sure Sakurai will do in response is give us DLC(free or paid) to lessen the blow. It's not guaranteed, but it's beyond realistic right now.

Really? Nice. Hope you find something soon.
If it's real, let's just say we'll let you know on here. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So...if this is true, Sakurai never even considered Ridley as playable. wow.
He didn't up through Brawl. He hinted it was "impossible" in the post-Brawl interview.

As must as it pains me to say it; Sakurai may not really want Ridley as playable. If that is true, it's easy for me to accept because he at least admitted it.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
wonder what the zapper entry is. I tried googling it but all i got was the NES Zapper gun so unless it's an item .

Last edited:

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
wonder what the zapper entry is. I tried googling it but all i got was the NES Zapper gun so unless it's an item .
It's pretty obviously Duck Hunt. All of the moves are from games that used the NES Zapper (Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman etc.)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If you really think LancerStaff's "idea" that connectable unlocks is impossible, you're wasting your time.

We're well aware it has merit and we have zero evidence to suggest it'll never happen. Sakurai definitely has in no way went against this. He doesn't have any issues with DLC, just a bit against paid. Miyamoto isn't against this either, and he does have control over this as he could've forced this idea too. Remember, Sakurai does not own the games. He just helps develop them. Miyamoto can force some things because it's on his systems. He could damn well force connectable unlocks and the one thing I'm sure Sakurai will do in response is give us DLC(free or paid) to lessen the blow. It's not guaranteed, but it's beyond realistic right now.

Nope i know its possible dor that rumor to be true.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Some odd things about the data: Ike has only 2 items, Wii Fit has 3, yet they are fully developed characters. Wii Fit even has more costumes, which theoretically should give then more "items". Look at Little Mac, he has 20 items, which could be because of his numerous costumes and his K.O. gauge.

Wolf and Ice Climbers have 12 items, just like the other characters (Not circled in the picture).

I don't see Duck Hunt in there
Duck Hunt is probably Zapper as Duck Hunt's moves are Zapper based.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
No, Fitzerosuit is Zamus. Fitzapper is most likely Duck Hunt Dog.
well okay then.

I'm just pissed that Sakurai seemingly has no intention of making Ridley playable, despite a lot of people wanting him playable. For a guy who supposedly has his finger on the pulse of the Smash community, it's pretty ignorant of him.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
whatever it is I think it's fake because Megaman is a 3rd party guest and we all known only 1 character is allowed from the respective guest 3rd party franchises (Megaman obviously being the chosen fighter)

Though I wouldn't be against it as it means Knuckles could be put in

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
whatever it is I think it's fake because Megaman is a 3rd party guest and we all known only 1 character is allowed from the respective guest 3rd party franchises (Megaman obviously being the chosen fighter)

Though I wouldn't be against it as it means Knuckles could be put in
Allowed? When did Sakurai say that? He said each one has to be special. He never once implied this to be the case. It's no more than a pattern. Having two 3rd parties from the same company is actually possible, just unlikely.

well okay then.

I'm just pissed that Sakurai seemingly has no intention of making Ridley playable, despite a lot of people wanting him playable. For a guy who supposedly has his finger on the pulse of the Smash community, it's pretty ignorant of him.
Read the post-Brawl interview about Ridley. Sakurai so far has made it sound like he doesn't want him playable and can't think of a good way to do so.

But again, this leak could be very well fake anyway.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
He said the same thing about Villager and Nintendog as well, and yet, Villager and a Dog are playable in Smash 4. To say that he can't come up with a moveset for Ridley as a playable character is bull.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Iwata's systems, Sakurai and Miamoto hate each other, Sakurai rarely goes back on his word.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
He said the same thing about Villager and Nintendog as well, and yet, Villager and a Dog are playable in Smash 4. To say that he can't come up with a moveset for Ridley as a playable character is bull.
Nintendog is an assist trophy

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If he can't, he can't. Just because we want him to doesn't mean he actually can. And that "dog" is with the Ducks and Wild Gunman. A very bad point. Especially since the Dog has very few attacks by himself. Almost all of it is the Duck attacking, notably.

Also, Villager required a lot of thought to make work. It took him years. Sakurai may not have a unique idea to separate Ridley from others. His Up B may be similar to Charizard's. An Air Grab might be possible. And his projectiles are unique. But taking a look at his claws and tail, a lot of characters have those kinds of attacks too. It might not just be "coming up with a moveset", but he might not have an idea yet of how to make him unique and to stand out from others. Him being there alone would excite people, but having a great moveset is not the same thing.

Nintendog is an assist trophy
Also, this. Don't compare them.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
So according to this, Wolf was the furthest developed of the bunch and Ike is as developed as all the cut characters? Possibly a typo, but that doesn't bode well for this "leak". I hope it's true tho...

Some odd things about the data: Ike has only 2 items, Wii Fit has 3, yet they are fully developed characters. Wii Fit even has more costumes, which theoretically should give then more "items". Look at Little Mac, he has 20 items, which could be because of his numerous costumes and his K.O. gauge.

Wolf and Ice Climbers have 12 items, just like the other characters (Not circled in the picture).
It's read "Dash-Bracket-Name" as far as I can see. Ike is the only questionable name in there. We definitely need more info on this leaker.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So according to this, Wolf was the furthest developed of the bunch and Ike is as developed as all the cut characters? Possibly a typo, but that doesn't bode well for this "leak". I hope it's true tho...

It's read "Dash-Bracket-Name" as far as I can see. Ike is the only questionable name in there. We definitely need more info on this leaker.

Ah yes, I see what you mean. Whoever circled the Zapper one messed up. Wolf has 3 items then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does this have any credibility?
It's from Twitter. It also has American-based File names. On a Japanese system. It's probably fake. Marshal is named Matt in Japan. That should be his name in the Japanese 3DS files. It's not.

The character options could be real, but the way they're written gives it a very low chance of this particular "leak" being real.(basically, the real one could have the proper file names) However, the picture was edited, so maybe they changed the file name list to make it less confusing for some? Zapper is obvious to Duck Hunt players. Matt is not obvious for people who know of Marshall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom