• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

the8thark

Smash Lord
We have characters attacking with:
  • Hands
  • Feet
  • Swords
  • Staves
  • Arm Cannons
But we have no characters using their body to attack. I don't mean hands or feet. I mean their body itself.
I think the first DLC character needs to attack with their body.
(maybe Pikachu counts here as he attacks with it's head but others would be nice.)

Please be true, please be true: http://i.imgur.com/0uBu7MU.png

This will make me buy a Wii U.
Are you one of those people who is still crying for Ridley as a playable character?

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I think that Nintendo's strategy with DLC, or at least MK8's DLC, is that they want to use it to keep the game fresh. Nintendo has stated before that Smash and Mario Kart are two of their "evergreen" titles that people will play for a LONG time to come. In this day and age, most gamers usually move onto the next best thing, so it would be a wise decision for Nintendo to release DLC in 3 to 6 month intervals to keep gamers engaged with their product. I know that I for one, will be going back to Mario Kart 8 in a couple weeks thanks to the excellent DLC that is going to be released. And if Nintendo decides to do the DLC preorder discount thing that they did for MK8, then I will sure as heck buy it.
I guess I could see Smash releasing DLC every 3 months, but no longer than that. I hope Mario Kart 8's DLC can improved the game for me because MK8 has just never clicked for me like the rest of the MK in the series. I am hoping I love Smash from the beginning and I do not have to rely on DLC to make me play the game as much as I played Melee like I do for MK8.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
As much as I want to believe all these Dixie leaks, she has a trophy in the 3DS version. Seems odd to give her a trophy if she was going to get a trophy from Classic Mode anyway due to supposedly being an unlockable character,

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Yeah... that comes under "A move".
Unless you use the c-stick way too much.

As much as I want to believe all these Dixie leaks, she has a trophy in the 3DS version. Seems odd to give her a trophy if she was going to get a trophy from Classic Mode anyway due to supposedly being an unlockable character,
Samus has a buyable trophy which is not gained through classic mode, this kinda throws a wrench in that theory.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
The 3DS version only has room for 4 more characters one the select screen. I dont see any more than 4 making it, that would leave about a whole row open full of empty space or near 60 characters. We are getting version exclusive characters that will be obtainable via linking the systems. Everyone go back to your usual thread as there is nothing else to discuss.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
The 3DS version only has room for 4 more characters one the select screen. I dont see any more than 4 making it, that would leave about a whole row open full of empty space or near 60 characters. We are getting version exclusive characters that will be obtainable via linking the systems. Everyone go back to your usual thread as there is nothing else to discuss.
Where on Earth did you ever see that confirmed?

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
Ha ha ha...X...Nice one....I would have liked to see Zero from Rockman Zero now that I think about it...

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Pretty sure nothing is gonna happen. It would be smart for nintendo to have link up bonuses and DLC, but I'm not expecting anything.

Just for the sake of keeping expectations low.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Honestly, I believe the Wii U will have extra characters. But once the Wii U version comes out, you could either (A) transfer the Wii U characters to your 3DS or (B) download the Wii U exclusive characters for free from the eshop. After all, the Wii U can hold more data so why not add more characters. If they don't do that, I'm very convinced that they will do DLC. Xbox One n PS4 are kicking @$$ in sales so Nintendo needs to earn that $$. Not to mention that it's not like Smash comes out every year like Cod so
DLC will last a long while as far as benefiting us. SUPPORT NINTENDO

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
I may have to ask. Why are some people so eager to have Ridley in this game?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well I for one want him because he is the most important antagonist in a series with little to no representation in smash. He is Samus' Bowser, no other antagonist is as prominent or as personally interlaced with Samus than Ridley. The bounty hunters from Prime 3 are cool but none of them matter to the franchise as a whole.

Last edited:

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
The thing that troubles me is his potential moveset....I don't see a good enough one to make it a playable character...

Pakky

Smash Hero
The thing that troubles me is his potential moveset....I don't see a good enough one to make it a playable character...
just had a glance at the metroid wiki for quick reference http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley

He can cloak himself, fly, use his claws and tail, has high endurance, can heal and assimilate things into his body, and can shoot plasma in multiple ways. The Meta and Omega versions have access to bombs, missiles, and various forms energy blasts.

Surely a move set can be made out of these abilities. I'm thinking maybe he could take projectiles and use them to heal himself, or maybe he could do this through grabbing.

but yeah that's what I have to say on the matter.

Last edited:

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Even in death, Ridley spreads like a plague and throws us off-topic.

Anyway, I want to be a believer, Tower of Smash sounds like something that could be real.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Despite the fact that Metroid is one of the original series represented in SSB,
other than Zero suit we've never gotten another Main representative from the series.

Characters like Dedede, Little Mac, Sonic etc got in from fan support, but Ridley's supporters don't even get a real excuse why not.
and I don't wanna hear he's too big, that's not an argument in Smash.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What about that thing about the 2GB for the 3DS but it doesn't actually take up that much?
As far as I know, the game was shown on a preorder panflet to be 2.1 GB in size. It's actually only 1GB so the question is where is the rest of the game.
It's not unprecedented. I know the Star Fox characters had trophies for their Assault versions.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I predict the Wii U version naturally having 4 slots and having transferable characters to 3ds. Later id say 6 more characters could be included to make another column. (In actuality there is no DLC at all tho.)

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
As far as I know, the game was shown on a preorder panflet to be 2.1 GB in size. It's actually only 1GB so the question is where is the rest of the game.
I think most people are looking too much into this. As of right now, that extra GB is just a placeholder for patches, bugfixes and possibly DLC. It's held space so that there is always room for more possible data, whatever it may be. The thing is, All that we have seen of the game already takes up 1GB. There would have to be an equal amount of data for it to use that extra space and let's be honest, that would be a TON of missing features. We already have smash Run, a boatload of enemies from it, 30 stages, 50 characters, 50+ items, classic mode, 800+ trophies, a gigantic soundtrack, and wifi stuff. 4 extra characters don't take up close to 50mb.

There could be more characters, but i think that theory isn't the right track on thinking about it..

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I just can't shake the idea of them using DLC as a marketing tool for the Wii U release. Since the 3DS version comes out sooner, they'd need something else to drum up sales for the Wii U version. Most tourney players are bound to get it anyway (as well as, y'know, everyone without a 3DS), and new modes are always nice, but nothing creates hype in Smash more than character reveals. Said characters could be already available on the Wii U version, and then made available on 3DS for like, a couple bucks at most/transfer from the Wii U version. (And honestly, if they were selling Mewtwo and them for 2 bucks each, they'd be making thousands of dollars at the very least.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty certain this roster is the final one, and I'm happy with that, but it's just a funny feeling I've got.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I can't shake the idea of them using DLC as a marketing tool for the Wii U release. Since the 3DS version comes out sooner, they'd need something else to drum up sales for the Wii U version. Most tourney players are bound to get it anyway (as well as, y'know, everyone without a 3DS), and new modes are always nice, but nothing creates hype in Smash more than character reveals. Said characters could be already available on the Wii U version, and then made available on 3DS for like, a couple bucks at most/transfer from the Wii U version. (And honestly, if they were selling Mewtwo and them for 2 bucks each, they'd be making thousands of dollars at the very least.)

I'm probably wrong, like, way way WAY off, but it's just a funny feeling I've got.
2 bucks is way too low. I expect at least 10$ per character.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
2 bucks is way too low. I expect at least 10$ per character.
For 4 extra characters, that'd be an extra 40 bucks? Yeowch. Is that what Xbox/PS owners have to live with?

....Maybe they could call it even at 5 bucks each?

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've posted elsewhere but while I think it would be nice if there was some kind of crosslinking feature to get more characters, I think it's more likely that we'll hear about DLC some time next year.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
For 4 extra characters, that'd be an extra 40 bucks? Yeowch. Is that what Xbox/PS owners have to live with?

....Maybe they could call it even at 5 bucks each?
Well nintendo can do it and they will make sooo much profit.

I've posted elsewhere but while I think it would be nice if there was some kind of crosslinking feature to get more characters, I think it's more likely that we'll hear about DLC some time next year.
or never...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Honestly I think this new character theory should go into action in late October or early November, that would be a great way to generate hype for the holiday season.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think the Ice Climbers will return for DLC when the New 3ds comes out? It's obvious that the Wii U can handle them and the 3ds can't, but maybe the improved hardware on the New 3ds can handle the Ice Climbers? I don't want to wait another 7 years to see the Ice Climbers in an HD Smash game.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Does anyone think the Ice Climbers will return for DLC when the New 3ds comes out? It's obvious that the Wii U can handle them and the 3ds can't, but maybe the improved hardware on the New 3ds can handle the Ice Climbers? I don't want to wait another 7 years to see the Ice Climbers in an HD Smash game.
Or never since this could be the last smash. I personally think all fans of cut characters were sent to hell and arent ever getting out.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
See that's why I think, DLC will be coming, Nintendo with their actions in the past months has proven that they support the competitive community, Ice climbers along with the theorized characters should be added. The increase in hardware may well indeed fix the problems however other means might have been found by now.

Pakky

Smash Hero
thats just how I feel, I trust sakurai as about as far as I could throw him. He will sentence us all and sleep like a baby with a wad of cash.
I know it hurts, I too enjoyed Wolf sama but lets keep hope alive. Personally this is my only real problem with roster and smash in general is that you get heroes and side kicks but never villains. Now we have gotten Bowser Jr. and the blight, which is good but honestly and I hope this is going off the rails, villains/rivals should have priority over sidekicks/P2s because they make the game worth playing.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
thats just how I feel, I trust sakurai as about as far as I could throw him. He will sentence us all and sleep like a baby with a wad of cash.
Knowing Sakurai he will announce like 10 DLC characters, get everyone excited, and then give us 10 shi t characters that no one wants

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Think? No.
Want? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom