• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Putting Wolf and Clone in the same sentence is ********. He is literally only 17 percent a clone of fox. Also Wolf is popular in the actual Star Fox fanbase. Krystal is very popular and he is more popular than her. Falco is only stupidly popular due to being good in melee. Wolf is a popular character maybe not big 3 size but he would be in the top ten for most wanted newcomers if he hadnt made it in brawl.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Putting Wolf and Clone in the same sentence is ********. He is literally only 17 percent a clone of fox. Also Wolf is popular in the actual Star Fox fanbase. Krystal is very popular and he is more popular than her. Falco is only super popular due to being good in melee. Wolf is a popular character maybe not big 3 size but he would be in the top ten for most wanted newcomers if he hadnt made it in brawl.
Well, regardless, Falco is more popular than Wolf. Agreed with Krystal.

And yes, he is no clone. That doesn't mean a lot of people get that wrong and only compare the B moves. It's stupid, but that doesn't change that people still do it anyway. :facepalm: The fandom isn't perfect, but it is what it is.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
IMO cutting Wolf was a horrible idea.
I hope DLC can swoop in and save the roster.

"Wolf is not a clone of Fox or Falco."
Wolf was my dream character since melee, hopefully DLC can make that dream come alive again.

Well, regardless, Falco is more popular than Wolf. Agreed with Krystal.

And yes, he is no clone. That doesn't mean a lot of people get that wrong and only compare the B moves. It's stupid, but that doesn't change that people still do it anyway. :facepalm: The fandom isn't perfect, but it is what it is.
Yeah alot of casual/ignorant people think that special moves are all that matter. (boi how can you forget an epic forward smash like that...)

Last edited:

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
Well their moveset are awfully familiar so I understand why some would call them clones.
I didn't liked Wolf in Brawl but it feels stupid that he would be cut from the roster in Sm4sh when we litterally have clones in the roster now...

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
My condolences to the Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas fans.
May DLC bless you all.
Well... except for Ice Climbers, who got screwed over by the 3DS.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well their moveset are awfully familiar so I understand why some would call them clones.
I didn't liked Wolf in Brawl but it feels stupid that he would be cut from the roster in Sm4sh when we litterally have clones in the roster now...
It's not that simple; Wolf would've been cut early on. The clones were added far later in development. They're unrelated to each other. It wasn't an equal decision. Plus, a quick clone is far easier to add than a full character like Wolf.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
May DLC bless you all.
For Ice Climbers hopefully they will allow a wii u exclusive even though he said both rosters would be the same so IC fans can be happy too.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Is there any hope people will be fine with a 50+ roster?
Pick a main, there's so much variety, you don't like it? Play Candy Crush
Don't act entitled.
i know right? so much whiners around here acting like the game should revolve around which characters they want. there were 3 games without Ridley and ppl enjoyed them still didn't they? the main reason most ppl like Smash is the gameplay.

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
HyperFalcon, that's what I didn't like. The time they could have to add a "new" character they gave it to "clones".
I miss The Ice Climbers....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i know right? so much whiners around here acting like the game should revolve around which characters they want. there were 3 games without Ridley and ppl enjoyed them still didn't they? the main reason most ppl like Smash is the gameplay.
The main reason SSB got Nintendo characters was to sell. The characters are the main sellers of this series, not the gameplay alone.

So no, it's not the "main reason". I only play Brawl due to the characters. I find the gameplay fairly horrible compared to the first two.

In other words, that's a highly subjective thing.

HyperFalcon, that's what I didn't like. The time they could have to add a "new" character they gave it to "clones".
I miss The Ice Climbers....
They didn't have time at all. And they did add to two new characters, technically speaking.

It would take the time of six full clones(not the crappy "almost zero differences" clones) like in Melee, who all were fairly different overall regardless to make one full character. Those clones are maybe equivalent to one or two Melee clones at best when it comes to how much real work was put into them. Little time was needed. Compare the originals and the clones and the biggest differences is Dark Pit's Final Smash, all their taunts, and Dr. Mario's Down B.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm surprised that nothing's appeared for Impa, Ridley, Pichu or Lucas yet in terms of Trophies.

I'm still holding out hope that Sakurai will say 'you'll get the same character experience if you buy one version or the other...but if you buy both and link them together, you get some extra characters'

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
I know that but I'm still disappointed by that HyperFalcon. I mean, it's cool for Mario melee lovers since Dr-Mario seems to share a similar moveset to Mario Melee, but I was expecting the Ice Climbers or even Mewtwo to come back...That doesn't mean the game is any bad.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
The main reason SSB got Nintendo characters was to sell. The characters are the main sellers of this series, not the gameplay alone.

So no, it's not the "main reason". I only play Brawl due to the characters. I find the gameplay fairly horrible compared to the first two.

In other words, that's a highly subjective thing.
if Jigglypuff (my main) wasn't in the game i'd still buy it.

hell.... if the characters were all plucked from RuPaul's drag race, i'd still buy the game

but i agree the nintendo characters do make the game appealing also. but i don't think its the end of the world if every popularly requested character weren't in the game. We already have the most important ones anyways.

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
I would be more disgusted if they were doing DLC characters and making us pay when those characters should have been in the game in the first play.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think DLC characters coming out before the Wii U version launches is a PR nightmare that they'll avoid. I just feel like the Wii U version is going to have more characters than the 3DS version, at least at launch, to entice people.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know that but I'm still disappointed by that HyperFalcon. I mean, it's cool for Mario melee lovers since Dr-Mario seems to share a similar moveset to Mario Melee, but I was expecting the Ice Climbers or even Mewtwo to come back...That doesn't mean the game is any bad.
Ah, okay. A lot don't seem to understand that factor. I'm disappointed by the roster too. I still accept that it wouldn't have changed bar "more time" though. I'm pretty happy with the new additions too.

if Jigglypuff (my main) wasn't in the game i'd still buy it.

hell.... if the characters were all plucked from RuPaul's drag race, i'd still buy the game

but i agree the nintendo characters do make the game appealing also. but i don't think its the end of the world if every popularly requested character weren't in the game. We already have the most important ones anyways.
If any of the Original 12 are cut? No buy from me.

And get this; I'm not the only person who believes this.

The characters are the reason it sold in the first place. And how it even became what it is. It wasn't the gameplay in itself. It would've never really reached anywhere but Japan without the characters. Without the characters, we wouldn't have translated Fire Emblem games. Whether you like it or not, the characters are beyond key to this series and a major important part. The gameplay was always a secondary feature that helped.

Likewise, everybody is different on this. Some don't care about the gameplay severely and love the characters. Since the gameplay is always really good in each game regardless(Brawl was still amazing), they just want a good roster. And so far, every roster has been really great in its own right. If a character they want isn't in, no gameplay will save it unless they like that particular gameplay. If they don't? Too bad. They have every reason to ignore the game if it doesn't have the characters they want. And there is no reason to think it's not a valid way to see the series. It's not your preference, sure, but it's still something the series was outright built on.

I would be more disgusted if they were doing DLC characters and making us pay when those characters should have been in the game in the first play.
They would've been only there "in the first place" if they had time to finish them. Not just because. But anyone who was already coded into the game might as well be guaranteed free, whether Sakurai allows us to link both to unlock a second set of characters or not. He hated paid DLC as it goes against his beliefs. However, if a character is made from scratch afterwards, it may be paid DLC for both versions. But it won't be coded on either disc from the start if it's done that way. Keep in mind this only matters if Sakurai is still in charge by that time. If he leaves the particular "Smash 4" stuff and Bandai-Namco takes over, anything can change as long as Nintendo allows it at best. While it's great Sakurai is in charge, he was only asked to make the game. The second he leaves, any of his rules are null and void. We need to be prepared for crappy things to happen if he does leave the rest to Bandai-Namco.

Last edited:

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
We all know what Bandai Namco policy is after all...

the8thark

Smash Lord
May DLC bless you all.
You forgot Pichu.
And I agree all the cuts make some of feel really sad.

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
So what in the starfox storyline did Krystal do that was so amazing that it made her popular?

Other than being blue fuzzy chick with questionable proportions.

I am antagonizing her but I'm also legitimately asking.

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
...Well hu...That will sound stupid, but I'm never against new female characters since we have more male than female...x)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So what in the starfox storyline did Krystal do that was so amazing that it made her popular?

It's not really that, it's her ability to use a Staff that no other StarFox character has(and Fox has a full moveset that changing it up would not make people happy).

The actual sexualization and such helps too, but it's mostly "moveset" that garners people towards her. Being female in a male-driven game(at least up to Brawl) helps too. She herself is not that popular besides "can bring something not shown often" at best.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

She is a telepath and is fox's gf/teammate. She also has a badass staff that would make for a great moveset.

Last edited:

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
It's true that we have a lot of swordsmen...But no people using a staff...Considering Krystal do use a staff it would have been interesting to see her moveset.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's true that we have a lot of swordsmen...But no people using a staff...Considering Krystal do use a staff it would have been interesting to see her moveset.
Doesn't Palutena use a staff?

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
It's not really that, it's her ability to use a Staff that no other StarFox character has(and Fox has a full moveset that changing it up would not make people happy).

The actual sexualization and such helps too, but it's mostly "moveset" that garners people towards her. Being female in a male-driven game(at least up to Brawl) helps too. She herself is not that popular besides "can bring something not shown often" at best.
I don't like her... it feels kind of wrong to look at her, it's like looking up amy rose's skirt. <_>

But other than that, I guess that's all fair.

I don't like Wolf much either but I'm definitely not sure why he got cut when he was made so unique in smash to begin with.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't like her... it feels kind of wrong to look at her, it's like looking up amy rose's skirt. <_>

But other than that, I guess that's all fair.

I don't like Wolf much either but I'm definitely not sure why he got cut when he was made so unique in smash to begin with.
If Sakurai is going to cut someone from the StarFox characters, the least popular one gets the boot. That was the obvious choice. I don't agree with it, but popularity kind of matters to a degree.

Lucas is an interesting cut, though. From what I've observed, the PK Starstorm is basically both Ness and Lucas' combined. However, I wonder if Ness' A moves incorporated some of Lucas' stuff into 'em. If so, he's partially there in spirit.(and I wouldn't mind an Alt with Lucas over Ness as long as his A moves were reskinned to look like Lucas' but still acted the same) For the record, I prefer them split, but I don't have any issues with an Alt as long as their moves look their own overall. For instance, Roy(FE) I would've been okay with being an Alt of Marth if his moves had a fiery design. Of course, Roy's moves are closer to Ike's now elemental wise, but eh. You get what I mean.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
As to the Ridley "growing wings" as his up b speculation, I think that what the person meant is that Ridley's wings might unfold when he does his recovery move.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I don't know why so many people are against DLC. I think that if they make dlc 6 months or so after the game comes out, then that would be awesome, and keep the game fresh! Mario Kart 8 is doing the same thing, and the game only BENEFITS from it..

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I don't know why so many people are against DLC. I think that if they make dlc 6 months or so after the game comes out, then that would be awesome, and keep the game fresh! Mario Kart 8 is doing the same thing, and the game only BENEFITS from it..
Yeah, but many people are waiting until now to buy Mario Kart 8 and more people will buy Smash Bros. soon after it comes out because of the holidays. With that said one of MK8's DLC packs doesn't come out till next May which is too long in my opinion.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Yeah, but many people are waiting until now to buy Mario Kart 8 and more people will buy Smash Bros. soon after it comes out because of the holidays. With that said one of MK8's DLC packs doesn't come out till next May which is too long in my opinion.
I think that Nintendo's strategy with DLC, or at least MK8's DLC, is that they want to use it to keep the game fresh. Nintendo has stated before that Smash and Mario Kart are two of their "evergreen" titles that people will play for a LONG time to come. In this day and age, most gamers usually move onto the next best thing, so it would be a wise decision for Nintendo to release DLC in 3 to 6 month intervals to keep gamers engaged with their product. I know that I for one, will be going back to Mario Kart 8 in a couple weeks thanks to the excellent DLC that is going to be released. And if Nintendo decides to do the DLC preorder discount thing that they did for MK8, then I will sure as heck buy it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom