• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The_Altrox's Brawl Tier of Manliness

justaway12

Smash Master
He was talking that Solid Snake in Brawl looks like Naked Snake from the MGS series, because of the full beard.
Well not everything on wiki is true he probably got confused but it doesn't even matter it's not important enough for to talk about.

We already found out that mario is like 1% manlier. why don't we just call it a bearded goatee?

justaway12

Smash Master
Mario is pretty manly, Luigi is very effeminate, to have been placed below Luigi to begin with is not correct.
Hey that's Luigi show a little respect he isn't effeminate if you were trapped in a house full of ghosts wouldn't you be scared, a normal person would just run away but you're right Mario is manlier.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I'd suggest that someone devise some sort of ridiculously complex scoring system based on (Source Game of Character) averaged with (Brawl Moveset), but for characters starring in multiple games, there'd have to been an average of that with the Brawl Moveset, and it's kind of silly for such a ridiculous thing to gauge.

Also, that'll just open up room for further, increasinly petty debate.

Also, it's stupid.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I haven't even played Luigi's Mansion. All I know about Luigi's Mansion is the overall "Luigi goes into a mansion full of ghosts to save Mario" plot. I played it for like 5 minutes 500 years ago when it barely came out for the Gamecube and it was on display at a store.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I disagree on Donkey's position. He should be number 3. How is Wario manlier than Donkey? Donkey is a GORILLA, which is proven to be stronger than anywhere from 8-15 men. Wario Ganon and Ike which are ahead of him... all men.

Now Lucario, yes, he has aura, but let's not forget what he is. A pokemon. Pokemon are never manly. They are cute, they fit in pokeballs, but they are not manly. No, not even Gyarados.

The only reason he isn't one is because to be honest, nothing is manlier than Captain Falcon, unless you are Chuck Norris himself. And Snake has explosives.

Charizard is the manliest of all Pokemon, but in the end he is nothing more than a Pokemon, in no way shape or form manlier than Donkey Kong.

Donkey Kong has Kong, which comes from King Kong, the manliest ape of all time. If you don't remember how manly King Kong was, watch the Peter Jackson King Kong movie and watch how King Kong annihilates three T-Rex's at the same time.

Here is a link to the video for proof of King Kong and Donkey Kong's complete manliness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2Q4BB8nRg

(sorry in advance for that guy's crappy editing in his video)

Now King Dedede? I'm sorry, he is a Penguin. Cute and cuddly is the antithesis of Manly. Want to prove my point? Get on King Dedede, and hold down on the control stick to duck. Point made.

Now, Donkey Kong's only REAL competition for rank 3 is Bowser.

Let's look at their pro's and con's for manliness meter.

Donkey Kong:

pros:
1) a Gorilla
2) Enormous and Muscular
3) he can Donkey Punch (This argument can be repeated infinite amount of times because it is the most win)
4) Wears a tie with his name on it. That is MANLY.
5) Bangs his chest
6) Kills people accidently while swatting flies. (f-smash, u-smash)
7) Defeated King K. Rool
8) Was the protagonist of many games, unlike Bowser, who was defeated in many games
9) He has three spikes.
10) He can breathe underwater (Donkey Kong Country underwater stages)
11) Descendant of King Kong himself.
12) He can Donkey Punch

cons:
1) none

Bowser:

pros:
1) big spikey shell (probably overcompensating because he isn't THAT manly)
2) he can breathe fire (respectable... yes respectable)
3) Mario's worst enemy
4) Likes to kidnap princesses
5) His suicide is pretty win.

cons:
1) Rumor has it he is just a Ninja Turtle cast-off that went bitter and tried to take over mushroom kingdom as his vengeance to the world.
2) He never REALLY gets the princess
3) Mario has defeated him plenty of times. That's not manly.
4) He's slow. Manly people are NOT slow. Look at Captain Falcon for more info.
5) He has too many subordinates. Donkey Kong is a man of action. He gets things done HIMSELF.
6) Bowser relies too much on his sharp claws, his spikey shell, and his fire to do things. It takes real MANLINESS to get things done with your fists. Like Donkey Kong.

Enough said.

Donkey Kong for position number 3!!!!!
Dedede is a Penguin. He is a King of the land where Waddle Dee's and Kirby are from. It is all cute beyond belief. Dedede is not manly.

Using your fists is manlier than using a Hammer, or arguably about the same. Dedede has plenty of minions, which do him no service either as his manliness is lost when he doesn't do things himself. Dedede has also been defeated by Kirby in the past. By Kirby, a cute round fluffball that spits out cute little stars.

Dedede's crouch isn't manly. "Don't bother me, I'm watching the game" is not manly. True manly people don't watch the game, they participate.

Did I forget to mention Dedede is a Penguin?

PS: Seriously did you not watch the video against the three T-Rex's?

Read these, The Altrox.

And Lbron = Ultimate sexy.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Now Lucario, yes, he has aura, but let's not forget what he is. A pokemon. Pokemon are never manly. They are cute, they fit in pokeballs, but they are not manly. No, not even Gyarados.

Lucario isn't cute. Being a pokemon =/= cute. Fitting into a pokeball =/= unmanly. No logic there.

Charizard is the manliest of all Pokemon, but in the end he is nothing more than a Pokemon, in no way shape or form manlier than Donkey Kong.

See above. And charizard has good reasoning. Breaking rocks with your head > pounding opponent in ground with head.

Donkey Kong has Kong, which comes from King Kong, the manliest ape of all time. If you don't remember how manly King Kong was, watch the Peter Jackson King Kong movie and watch how King Kong annihilates three T-Rex's at the same time.

Cool vid. But DK =/= King Kong just because their both apes and the name is similar. That's like sying Yoshi = T-Rex in video.

Now King Dedede? I'm sorry, he is a Penguin. Cute and cuddly is the antithesis of Manly. Want to prove my point? Get on King Dedede, and hold down on the control stick to duck. Point made.

He's big, has a hammer (see hammer discussion) and he eats everything. Pretty hardcore. and his duck is very manly. It fits the generic "I'm watching the game" look, and fits image of a king. Looking "cute" is overdoon by manliness.

Donkey Kong:

pros:
1) a Gorilla
2) Enormous and Muscular
3) he can Donkey Punch (This argument can be repeated infinite amount of times because it is the most win)
5) Bangs his chest
7) Defeated King K. Rool
8) Was the protagonist of many games, unlike Bowser, who was defeated in many games
9) He has three spikes.

Proof?

12) He can Donkey Punch

cons:
1) Him and his ancestors got beat by a portly plumber.
2) He likes bananas. See Diddy

Bowser:

pros:
3) Mario's worst enemy

cons:
1) Rumor has it he is just a Ninja Turtle cast-off that went bitter and tried to take over mushroom kingdom as his vengeance to the world.

NO PROOF! RUMORS = NOTHING!!!

Notice he doesn't have an official mate. He captures the princess, and then has all these kids appearing out of nowhere. Though we have no solid proof, we have reasons to believe he's unclogged Peach's drains more than Mario ever has.

Mario beat DK and his ancestors too.

He trades speed for girth. Nothing wrong with that.

5) He has too many subordinates. Donkey Kong is a man of action. He gets things done HIMSELF.

See Olimar "General-like" discussion. But in Brawls, he's been able to do it himself. Having minions = having respect.

6) Bowser relies too much on his sharp claws, his spikey shell, and his fire to do things. It takes real MANLINESS to get things done with your fists. Like Donkey Kong.

So he can't use his god given talents? And hey, he doesn't use a closed fist as often as DK.
BTW, you were pretty biased going into detail much more on DK than Bowser in Pros, and neglected his cons.

Dedede is a Penguin. He is a King of the land where Waddle Dee's and Kirby are from. It is all cute beyond belief. Dedede is not manly.

Oh yeah. It's his fault he was born in that dimension. He made do with what he had, and he took over what was there. If he was in any other dimension, the result would be the same.

Using your fists is manlier than using a Hammer, or arguably about the same. Dedede has plenty of minions, which do him no service either as his manliness is lost when he doesn't do things himself. Dedede has also been defeated by Kirby in the past. By Kirby, a cute round fluffball that spits out cute little stars.

DK and ancestors got beat by a cute round plumber that jumps.
See hammer discussion... again.
And DDD has respect from his people for going in, becoming king, and having minions serve him faithfully. Respect.

Dedede's crouch isn't manly. "Don't bother me, I'm watching the game" is not manly. True manly people don't watch the game, they participate.

Maybe he does both? After all in the old Kirby games, he had a ring to fight in, and he used it. He does both...

A manly penguin.

DK =/= King Kong

brinboy789

Smash Champion
My bad on the Snake thing. But I'm willing to compromise on the Mario Luigi issue. Mario does win on mustaches, Luigi wins by taunt. So right now, I'd say they're tied, until someone can find another epic source of manliness for one or the other.
luigi has SHOOOOOOOORYKUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
did i spell it right?

whihc makes him go up

Vorguen

Smash Champion

Lucario isn't cute. Being a pokemon =/= cute. Fitting into a pokeball =/= unmanly. No logic there.

See above. And charizard has good reasoning. Breaking rocks with your head > pounding opponent in ground with head.

Cool vid. But DK =/= King Kong just because their both apes and the name is similar. That's like sying Yoshi = T-Rex in video.

He's big, has a hammer (see hammer discussion) and he eats everything. Pretty hardcore. and his duck is very manly. It fits the generic "I'm watching the game" look, and fits image of a king. Looking "cute" is overdoon by manliness.

Donkey Kong:

pros:
1) a Gorilla
2) Enormous and Muscular
5) Bangs his chest
7) Defeated King K. Rool
9) He has three spikes.

Proof?

12) He can Donkey Punch

cons:
1) Him and his ancestors got beat by a portly plumber.
2) He likes bananas. See Diddy

Bowser:

pros:
3) Mario's worst enemy

cons:

NO PROOF! RUMORS = NOTHING!!!

Notice he doesn't have an official mate. He captures the princess, and then has all these kids appearing out of nowhere. Though we have no solid proof, we have reasons to believe he's unclogged Peach's drains more than Mario ever has.

Mario beat DK and his ancestors too.

He trades speed for girth. Nothing wrong with that.

See Olimar "General-like" discussion. But in Brawls, he's been able to do it himself. Having minions = having respect.

So he can't use his god given talents? And hey, he doesn't use a closed fist as often as DK.
BTW, you were pretty biased going into detail much more on DK than Bowser in Pros, and neglected his cons.

Oh yeah. It's his fault he was born in that dimension. He made do with what he had, and he took over what was there. If he was in any other dimension, the result would be the same.

DK and ancestors got beat by a cute round plumber that jumps.
See hammer discussion... again.
And DDD has respect from his people for going in, becoming king, and having minions serve him faithfully. Respect.

Maybe he does both? After all in the old Kirby games, he had a ring to fight in, and he used it. He does both...

A manly penguin.

DK =/= King Kong

I was hoping you didn't know about Donkey Kong and Mario, :p

Alright, so arguably Donkey Kong is about as manly as Bowser, but that still gives no reason as to why Wario, Lucario, and Charizard are manlier than him.

Charizard has to go through two previous evolutions, one being Charmander, which is cute.

Wario is fat and annoying. Now characters like Ike are manly, but how is Ike manlier than Ganondorf and Bowser?

IMO (to be honest I was just kind of shooting high on Donkey Kong for the hell of it) but it should be like this

Captain Falcon

Snake

Ganondorf - (Sparta kick, triforce of Power, power is manly, can Transform)

Bowser - (Said reasons above)

Donkey Kong - (above arguments)

Ike - (Still fails because he is simply a human, not as epic as Ganon Snake or Falcon. Bowser and DK have manly Racial advantage on him)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I was hoping you didn't know about Donkey Kong and Mario, :p

Alright, so arguably Donkey Kong is about as manly as Bowser, but that still gives no reason as to why Wario, Lucario, and Charizard are manlier than him.

Charizard has to go through two previous evolutions, one being Charmander, which is cute.

Wario is fat and annoying. Now characters like Ike are manly, but how is Ike manlier than Ganondorf and Bowser?

For charizard, he had to work to evolve. He started as a puny Charmander, and fought his *** off to evolve into Charmelon. and he did it agian. Determination. And he breaks rocks on his head without taking damage. Most people can't do that.

Being fat and annoying =/= not manly. Farting is childish, but Wario does it with an "I don't give what you think."

Ike is still pretty tough, holding a heavy sword in one hand, and having a single determination for his actions, even if it does sound childish. The idea of his determination is huge.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
There is always the argument Pokemon are their master's "bit**es"

They take commands and do as they are told. There is no argument you can make to try to make that manly. Someone who is told what to do does not deserve a very manly position.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
There is always the argument Pokemon are their master's "bit**es"

They take commands and do as they are told. There is no argument you can make to try to make that manly. Someone who is told what to do does not deserve a very manly position.
Never watched war films? Pokemon are like the glorified soldiers who make impressive battles, and have respect for their General, even if they don't agree. Being able to take an order, even if you disagree, and put your full force into it for your country/cause is pretty sweet.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
The general > the ***** taking orders.

Always. Why is George Washington famoous? Because he gave orders and planned the strategies. If it wasn't for Charizard's trainer, he wouldn't even fight at his full potential because he isn't smart enough to make his own strategies.

Pokemon fail at manliness.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The general > the ***** taking orders.

Always. Why is George Washington famoous? Because he gave orders and planned the strategies. If it wasn't for Charizard's trainer, he wouldn't even fight at his full potential because he isn't smart enough to make his own strategies.

Pokemon fail at manliness.
Wild pokemon?
Your basically saying soldiers aren't manly. That's very un-american, assuming you are one.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yes, but that doesn't remove the fact that a bunch of them still become *****es. Soldiers are manly, but Charizard and other Pokemon are not soldiers. Soldiers fight for freedom and defence. They risk their lives. Pokemon are used as SPORT. If anything Pokemon trainers are exploiting their Pokemon for entertainment. Pokemon aren't going into battle to defend a dying child or a country from oppression. Yes soldies are manly, because they ENLIST themselves and put their life on the line for what they believe in. Pokemon are defeated in the wild, DEFEATED (which is very unmanly), captured (Very unmanly), and FORCED (very unmanly) to take commands (very unmanly) for the sheer entertainment of two people who want to find out which is better at coming up with strategies and dealing out commands. All of this, very unmanly for a Pokemon.

Pokemon are not soldiers, they are slaves.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Yes, but that doesn't remove the fact that a bunch of them still become *****es. Soldiers are manly, but Charizard and other Pokemon are not soldiers. Soldiers fight for freedom and defence. They risk their lives. Pokemon are used as SPORT. If anything Pokemon trainers are exploiting their Pokemon for entertainment. Pokemon aren't going into battle to defend a dying child or a country from oppression. Yes soldies are manly, because they ENLIST themselves and put their life on the line for what they believe in. Pokemon are defeated in the wild, DEFEATED (which is very unmanly), captured (Very unmanly), and FORCED (very unmanly) to take commands (very unmanly) for the sheer entertainment of two people who want to find out which is better at coming up with strategies and dealing out commands. All of this, very unmanly for a Pokemon.

Pokemon are not soldiers, they are slaves.
So sports aren't manly? Boxers are manly, and they fight.

and there is no proof pokemon never fought for a country or terrriotoy which is their equivalent.

Your remark here reminds me of slave trade from africa. There were probably many manly men captured and brought to be slaves

That being said, pokemon being called slaves is an argument many have made against the game on an ethical standpoint, but seriously, the idea of it all is that pokemon and trainer are friends, and that the pokemon enjoy fighting since it pushes themselves because they yearn to grow stronger with their trainer. If pokemon didn't want to fight, it would be illegal in their world.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Pokemon should battle trainers.

Boxers aren't being forced into boxing. They train themselves and compete. Pokemon are wild and are defeated then captured then made to fight each other. They are given orders and are expected to follow them, even if it means it will cause them pain.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Pokemon should battle trainers.

Boxers aren't being forced into boxing. They train themselves and compete. Pokemon are wild and are defeated then captured then made to fight each other. They are given orders and are expected to follow them, even if it means it will cause them pain.
The idea is that pokemon wnat to fight for their own ambitions aswell as their trainers, but if they didn't want to fight, the sport would be unethical and banned.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
But it isn't because the world of Pokemon is in an alternate reality where there are no ethics. There have been many instances in the show where you see people treating their Pokemon badly. Your arguments are not completely relevant and they skip around mine. How can Pokemon be manly at all? Yes I understand under the unmanliness of all Pokemon Charizard is the manliest, but he isn't very manly when it comes to real world people like Ganondorf.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
But it isn't because the world of Pokemon is in an alternate reality where there are no ethics. There have been many instances in the show where you see people treating their Pokemon badly. Your arguments are not completely relevant and they skip around mine. How can Pokemon be manly at all? Yes I understand under the unmanliness of all Pokemon Charizard is the manliest, but he isn't very manly when it comes to real world people like Ganondorf.
People in Brawl exist in the real world?
Your argument has a big gaping hole. You say Charizard isn't manly for not being human. But you think DK is manly. He's not human. I don't care how close his DNA is, he's still an ape.

as for instances where people are cruel to their pokemon, you can compare pokemon and trainer to husband and wife. Not every relationship would obviously work out. Their world probably isn't perfect either.

So being manly =/= being human. and pokemon can definitely be manly. Their species doesn't rob them of that.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah that real world thing was an error in trying to explain myself. What I meant to say is a gorilla is manlier than a human. Pokemon even though they are not human are still just slaves.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
If it helps bring any sort of reconciliation or at least degree of common ground between you two, one could think of Pokemon neither as slaves nor soldiers, but as gladiators, which are a bit of both, AND are cool and manly.

If it doesn't help, ignore this post.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Yeah that real world thing was an error in trying to explain myself. What I meant to say is a gorilla is manlier than a human. Pokemon even though they are not human are still just slaves.
Once again, that would be unethical. They are partners, and are viewed as such in that world due to their determination and wanting to fight to grow and cherish their partner/pokemon relationships.
Pokemon can still be manly. Through all this. and if the Pokemon world were real, they'd probably remove license from those who abised the relationship.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
If it helps bring any sort of reconciliation or at least degree of common ground between you two, one could think of Pokemon neither as slaves nor soldiers, but as gladiators, which are a bit of both, AND are cool and manly.

If it doesn't help, ignore this post.
That does. Gladiators/Soldiers = manly

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Pokemon are subdued into submission. They live their lives for ANOTHER's and yes they fight but for their master's ambition. Still in the end, they have a master and are subject to their whims.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Pokemon are subdued into submission. They live their lives for ANOTHER's and yes they fight but for their master's ambition. Still in the end, they have a master and are subject to their whims.
You keep saying the same thing. and the answer is the same. If they didn't want to fight for their own ambitions, the sport would be illegal. Also, by your description, samurais must also be unmanly. Samurais submitted to their emporers will, and would kill themselves the moment they were told to do so, for it involved honor and respect. Pokemon aren't that extreme, for that would be considered cruel, but they follow the same concept.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well in the show charizard when he evolved he wouldn't listen to Ash (Don't assume pokemon trainer is Ash because he isn't.) They needed to respect their masters to listen to orders they can have their own choice but belive their trainer knows best isn't that like a solider with his general?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Well in the show charizard when he evolved he wouldn't listen to Ash (Don't assume pokemon trainer is Ash because he isn't.) They needed to respect their masters to listen to orders they can have their own choice but belive their trainer knows best isn't that like a solider with his general?
Exactly. Ash had to earn Charizards respect. Charizard wasn't gonna be Ash's "%$#@*" as you say, that easily. They eventually grew close though Charizard was stubborn, but he began to accept Ash for who he was, and they became an amazing team.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hmm. Pokemon are defeated and captured in the wild. I am never going to stop being biased at the lameness of being a Pokemon stuck inside a ball forever only to come out to take orders and fight for someone else. Unmanly beyond belief.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Also, the trainer is even unmanlier, not fighting self but forcing some poor creatures to fight for him-/herself.. The pokemans only act to be friendly and affectionate to their trainers, but really they're planning something vicious.

Well, maybe not, but whatever.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hmm. Pokemon are defeated and captured in the wild. I am never going to stop being biased at the lameness of being a Pokemon stuck inside a ball forever only to come out to take orders and fight for someone else. Unmanly beyond belief.
Gladiators are quite similar to your description. They are quite manly. But again, if the pokemon din't like it, they could have beaten up their trainer and left whenever they felt like it. They are creatures who enjoy fighting, and pokeballs would be illegal if they were cruel capture device. And being captured doesn't make you unmanly. all men have battles to fight, and sometimes, they don't win. But they take those experiences and grow on them. Charizard may have been captured, but he used that experience to become stronger.

Also, there was a DK game were Mario put DK in a cage while Junior had to save him. But DK was captured by a plumber. In your words, captured = unmanly.

Sonic Phantom

Smash Cadet
So if captured = unmanly then DK being captured in Donkey Kong Jr. and in Donkey Kong Country 3 would out weigh some of the other pros. that you mentioned, meaning that he stays where he is?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
So if captured = unmanly then DK being captured in Donkey Kong Jr. and in Donkey Kong Country 3 would out weigh some of the other pros. that you mentioned, meaning that he stays where he is?
DK will probably elevate some. But he's not gonna be in the Chuck Norris tier.

Top Bottom