• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The_Altrox's Brawl Tier of Manliness

justaway12

Smash Master
Well, I don't really know about Mario, Ganondorf can be the king of evil, but Giygas is an entire dimension of evil.
It doesn't matter I also said it doesn't matter how old they are I also said it just matters what happens right now but you have to admit it's just as manly to SINGLE HANDEDLY (mostly by himself without friends unlike ness) to take on someone that powerful.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter I also said it doesn't matter how old they are I also said it just matters what happens right now but you have to admit it's just as manly to SINGLE HANDEDLY (mostly by himself without friends unlike ness) to take on someone that powerful.
Zelda don't help Link in the final battle? I don't know cause I've never played any Zelda game.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Justaway12: Don't worry; I didn't mean you specifically; just, I have issues with my particular brand of sarcasm on the Internets. People take me seriously too often.

@Ice!: Zelda does help Link. So does Midna. You could argue Epona too, though Ganon has a horse and some riders on horseback. That's in TP. In OoT, Zelda does help at the end a bit, and she leads you out.

But Link does face most everything alone. Every dungeon boss is alone, with few excpetions. Link is pretty manly for that.

A general question: What is the most important basis for this list? Is it the character's move set in Brawl that's most important? Is it their source games? Both? It seems to be both, but which is most important. For me, this would determine some placements, like Snake. He's incredibly manly in his games, but in Brawl, he's campy and spammy, two traits I would argue are very unmanly. Assuming Falcon is the manliest, because he is, I look at how he plays. He doesn't camp. He doesn't spam. He punches and knees. That is manly. How does the crowd feel on this?

justaway12

Smash Master
A general question: What is the most important basis for this list? Is it the character's move set in Brawl that's most important? Is it their source games? Both? It seems to be both, but which is most important. For me, this would determine some placements, like Snake. He's incredibly manly in his games, but in Brawl, he's campy and spammy, two traits I would argue are very unmanly. Assuming Falcon is the manliest, because he is, I look at how he plays. He doesn't camp. He doesn't spam. He punches and knees. That is manly. How does the crowd feel on this?
I think the list is probably just The_Altrox's opinion and capt.falcon is unanimiously (don't know how to spell that) voted as the manliest character exept some fangirls I've seen who always think Ike, Marth, pit etc. is the manliest (because they like them) and just think of capt. falcon as the nipple man but come on he's a space racing bounty hunter what's manlier than that? :)

I also know that wasn't specifically me but the way I write is probably like that.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I'm now convinced and of the opinion that Ness should be higher. He is quite manly in SSE, and more importantly he can take on a freaking Taxi in Earthbound and beats said Taxis to death with baseball bats and blasts of psychic power. I approve.

Oh, and half of the time, Link has Navi to help him out in boss fights. Come to think of it, Link is heavily associated with faeries. Sure, they're pretty to look at, but anything involving faeries isn't manly, unless there's some breed of homosexual manliness I'm not aware of and would prefer to stay ignorant about.

Are tattoos manly? The Triforce symbols could be considered as magical tattoos.

justaway12

Smash Master
This is what I got from peoples opinon in this thread so far
Ness: UP (much higher but not higher than capt. falcon)
Pit: undecied
Peach: DOWN (nobody cares though)
Pokemon trainer: UP (does have balls.... three of them)
Nana:UP
Zelda: UP
Mario: UP or alternitavly Luigi DOWN

the rest are not important right now

Scott!

Smash Lord
Pit really shouldn't be lowest. He is more manly than most of the ladies, excluding Samus. He's pretty low, but is he really less manly tha Peach or Nana?

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
DK is fine as he is in my opinion and I was going to metion capt.falcon but is there even a teir that is worthy enough for him?:chuckle: it's best to keep him there and not overcomplicate things.
Lol, I don't think so. Btw, Ganondorf needs to move up too.

justaway12

Smash Master
Lol, I don't think so. Btw, Ganondorf needs to move up too.
Well somebody who already has his sword (ganondorf taunt) but would rather use his fists is manly enough for me and consirning capt.falcon we already know he is highest there's no need to rub that fact into other characters faces.

Pit really shouldn't be lowest. He is more manly than most of the ladies, excluding Samus. He's pretty low, but is he really less manly tha Peach or Nana?
Of course he isn't listen to this :laugh::laugh::laugh: I love posting this.
and why wasn't that link stickyed?

And in FE3 he wore didn't wear pants but not in the artwork in the game I heard.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Seriously, why he wears a tiara? I don't know anything about Marth, just that he is a prince.
I haven't played his game, so this is from memory of what people have said happens, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly true.

At some point towards the beginning, his castle is attacked. As he and his sister attempt to escape, they are ambushed. His sister gives Marth her tiara, and creates a diversion, knowing that it's Marth who can save the kingdom. She's captured, and in his quest to save her and the kingdom, Marth wears her tiara as a way to remember her. So it's not just that he likes wearing girl stuff; it has emotional value to him.

justaway12

Smash Master
Mario's moustace is thicker, bushier, hairier, bigger and manlier as they said in his games and not even a Luigi fan will be able to deny that it's not more grown out, I love luigi aswell but I CANNOT STAND FOR THIS.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played his game, so this is from memory of what people have said happens, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly true.

At some point towards the beginning, his castle is attacked. As he and his sister attempt to escape, they are ambushed. His sister gives Marth her tiara, and creates a diversion, knowing that it's Marth who can save the kingdom. She's captured, and in his quest to save her and the kingdom, Marth wears her tiara as a way to remember her. So it's not just that he likes wearing girl stuff; it has emotional value to him.
Well, I think using his sister's tiara to remember her is very manly.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I was just about to say that Mario beat Luigi because Luigi has a taunt where he looks terrified. But then I remembered Luigi's kick taunt. A meteor taunt. That is more manly than all the mustaches in Brawl combined. Including the one Kirby has with the Snake copy ability.

justaway12

Smash Master
And with that quote FINALLY ends the marth is girly disscussion.... and with that quote begins the marth is manlier disscussion :laugh: at least the girl talk is over and we can move on I have to admit marth is quite complicated.

justaway12

Smash Master
I was just about to say that Mario beat Luigi because Luigi has a taunt where he looks terrified. But then I remembered Luigi's kick taunt. A meteor taunt. That is more manly than all the mustaches in Brawl combined. Including the one Kirby has with the Snake copy ability.
pffft you wish

1.) Snake has a goatee not a moustace. (I love showing off my smartyness)
2.) That taunt can only take you so far when you stared in that many games.
3.) Have you never played a mario game moustace=power duh.
4.) Mario has more experience in games.
5.) You dare talk badly about Mario.

Sorry for double post forgot the edit button.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
pffft you wish

1.) Snake has a goatee not a moustace. (I love showing off my smartyness)
2.) That taunt can only take you so far when you stared in that many games.
3.) Have you never played a mario game moustace=power duh.
4.) Mario has more experience in games.
5.) You dare talk badly about Mario.

Sorry for double post forgot the edit button.
Snake have a full beard.

Scott!

Smash Lord
My bad on the Snake thing. But I'm willing to compromise on the Mario Luigi issue. Mario does win on mustaches, Luigi wins by taunt. So right now, I'd say they're tied, until someone can find another epic source of manliness for one or the other.

justaway12

Smash Master
My bad on the Snake thing. But I'm willing to compromise on the Mario Luigi issue. Mario does win on mustaches, Luigi wins by taunt. So right now, I'd say they're tied, until someone can find another epic source of manliness for one or the other.
Well I would be fine with the tied thing but remember mario has had two hot girlfriends peach and pauline (look her up if you don't know who she is) but I'd still be happy with a tie and luigi did some amazing things aswell.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know Pauline. She might be enough to push it in Mario's direction. Peach is countered by Daisy for Luigi, and I would say they're comparable. Still, Pauline was a long time ago, so she doesn't tip the scales much. But I think, until something else comes up, then Mario should hold the spot directly above Luigi on the list, since they're that close.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
How dare you insult my smartyness.

THIS BE GOATEE.

Another interesting Naked Snake characteristic is that Solid Snake never had a full beard as he does in Brawl, only stubble at most. It was Naked Snake who had the full beard. -Smash Wiki

Scott!

Smash Lord
Sonic is that low for one reason, and one reason only. That reason is this:

"YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!!"

...wait a second, Sonic can't swim?

justaway12

Smash Master
Sonic is that low for one reason, and one reason only. That reason is this:

"YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!!"

...wait a second, Sonic can't swim?
Unfortunatly he can't in Mario&Sonic at the olyimpics games sonic had to wear a life vest in swimming competitions but you do have a point I guess.

@Ice! : forget it he was talking about naked snake not solid snake.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunatly he can't in Mario&Sonic at the olyimpics games sonic had to wear a life vest in swimming competitions but you do have a point I guess.

@Ice! : forget it he was talking about naked snake not solid snake.
He was talking that Solid Snake in Brawl looks like Naked Snake from the MGS series, because of the full beard.

Top Bottom