• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Whatever you say, Mr. "Kinda the best in the world, I dunno"

br3h that's like some 2012 **** but ya np
*shows self out the door*

That's what I get for knowing next to nothing about ZSS pre-Sm4sh. But you're the first one I've seen to use it well on a Sm4sh stream.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Eh, first combo I ever saw from Nairo that made me think "oh god I need this"
was perfect landing nairs into dsmash at 0% (only way it can combo) on repeat into forward smash or upair up-b.

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Eh, first combo I ever saw from Nairo that made me think "oh god I need this"
was perfect landing nairs into dsmash at 0% (only way it can combo) on repeat into forward smash or upair up-b.
Wow, just looked this up and it's sick.

He goes for the jab 1 boost kick mix-up in the first example (which is probably the only viable variation in the video).

Any tips for practicing the timing/spacing of this? Or the link to the Nairo video, if you have it.

Edit: Looks like Fox has time to shield.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He did it to me in person a few times/I watched him do it to others too.
:p

It's really finicky stuff. You'll know when you've done it, but timing it right while also spacing well is... quite hard.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Oh yeah now before I forget since downsmash was brought up .

@ Take 5 Take 5 I can't really remember because of the frequent scenarios I got through with down smash myself but,

have you ever landed downsmash when your opponent had their back to center stage in front of you with you in the corner?

I noticed that I would get them alot and theocrafted the hell out of being able to get a spike on them with out just mindlessly flip jumping over them.

So I randomly set it up in either pools or bracket and tried for a back hit of nair nair, actually SEXY & FRESH AF I got that back hit while landing (that pristine timing on the FF ; D).

Then I just jump canceled fliped back over and ended him. Might have saved a replay although not sure been up for almost 24 hrs johns

Since Im a failure at phrasing summary,
Down smash with your back to the ledge-> back hit of FF nair -> jump cancel sex kick spike.

I watched your video on down smash and can't remember if it popped up. I want to give you that credit and love if you subliminally taught me xD.

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah now before I forget since downsmash was brought up .

@ Take 5 Take 5 I can't really remember because of the frequent scenarios I got through with down smash myself but,

have you ever landed downsmash when your opponent had their back to center stage in front of you with you in the corner?

I noticed that I would get them alot and theocrafted the hell out of being able to get a spike on them with out just mindlessly flip jumping over them.

So I randomly set it up in either pools or bracket and tried for a back hit of nair nair, actually SEXY & FRESH AF I got that back hit while landing (that pristine timing on the FF ; D).

Then I just jump canceled fliped back over and ended him. Might have saved a replay although not sure been up for almost 24 hrs johns

Since Im a failure at phrasing summary,
Down smash with your back to the ledge-> back hit of FF nair -> jump cancel sex kick spike.

I watched your video on down smash and can't remember if it popped up. I want to give you that credit and love if you subliminally taught me xD.
:b: That sounds awesome. But I think @XAV deserves all the credit here. Don't recall seeing back hit of n-air in his video though.

Edit: @ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever

You're telling me. I was practicing for half an hour and landed it by sheer luck just once.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Wow, just looked this up and it's sick.

He goes for the jab 1 boost kick mix-up in the first example (which is probably the only viable variation in the video).

Any tips for practicing the timing/spacing of this? Or the link to the Nairo video, if you have it.

Edit: Looks like Fox has time to shield.
The whole perfect landing nAir stuff is pretty hardcore. You need to be super precise, super late and you will hate shields even more.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
:b: That sounds awesome. But I think @XAV deserves all the credit here. Don't recall seeing back hit of n-air in his video though.
FOR SURE I remember that video man I knew it was possible but very very tedious when your thinking of all the % s I ended up just going and sex kicking them away or FF nairs to spikes.

And about that jab to boost kick I swear that is like one of the mix up I think was brought up during the Early 3ds boys days. I rarely effing use that man.

Every time I do its like some spontaneous moment of clarity where I think about it and it is always at kill % and it always works.

Screw pocket shieks let's get some pocket boost kick mix ups.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I got two zero suit amiibos today.
Had to get two.

Primarily because I actually wanted to open and train one to destroy and teach me the truth.
The best part about it is that I only got charged for one.

SCORE.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I got two zero suit amiibos today.
Had to get two.

Primarily because I actually wanted to open and train one to destroy and teach me the truth.
The best part about it is that I only got charged for one.

SCORE.
Nice!
Where did you go to score that deal?
I always wanted to get multiple of them so I can get then customized.

Although I haven't been able to find any if the ones I want :/.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well "Australia"

There was probably 12-16 other ones on the shelves I was looking at today.
I grabbed a Marth as well, because duh, and I'm under the impression he was rare.

I saw a lot of Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pika, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Samus, , Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Link, Dark Pit [too many], Ganondorf, Palutena, [very few] Ike/Marth/Mac

I didn't really ever intend to collect any, but I thought ZSS looked great so I HADSTU.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So guys next I was thinking of us going over like Ike or something since his buffs are nothing to really be slept on.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
But but... shield and grab?

Ike's pretty solid. Maintaining good mid-range + crouching a lot will get you far in life though.
Ike jab is fantastic and it'll be his most potent tool for overpowering us.
Dash attack is really scary if we're not thinking about our landings.
Forward tilt being faster is good majority of the time, but in my mind the weakening of a good punishing kill move (for a character like ZSS who likes playing around that range) is probably neutralising it in the MU.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
But but... shield and grab?

Ike's pretty solid. Maintaining good mid-range + crouching a lot will get you far in life though.
Ike jab is fantastic and it'll be his most potent tool for overpowering us.
Dash attack is really scary if we're not thinking about our landings.
Forward tilt being faster is good majority of the time, but in my mind the weakening of a good punishing kill move (for a character like ZSS who likes playing around that range) is probably neutralising it in the MU.

Well pretty much those couple things you mentioned can be an issue I died to a dash attack twice before in a set because the first time I wasn't being honest , while the second I did not PP laser like I thought I should....

I think I mentally defeated myself after I literally threw game 1 out of the window, it also doesn't make me feel better that @ infiniteV115 infiniteV115 was the Ike coach and he's been unofficially my zss sensei so he knew what to tell him.

*ahem* my johns aside can someone lab something for me regarding that MU.

When Ike goes to up b is it possible for us to just b-reverse side b him or max range zair?

I have thought about it but when i wanted to do it I was either effing up the input or timing lol. ; (

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Well pretty much those couple things you mentioned can be an issue I died to a dash attack twice before in a set because the first time I wasn't being honest , while the second I did not PP laser like I thought I should....

I think I mentally defeated myself after I literally threw game 1 out of the window, it also doesn't make me feel better that @ infiniteV115 infiniteV115 was the Ike coach and he's been unofficially my zss sensei so he knew what to tell him.

When Ike goes to up b is it possible for us to just b-reverse side b him or max range zair?

I have thought about it but when i wanted to do it I was either effing up the input or timing lol. ; (
At what moment in the uSpecial do you want to hit him?
I would test it later today. (it's 10 am so in about ~10 hours)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

If he's going above you can grab it.
If he's going below you could try trading with down air (above the ledge facing inwards for the backwards hitbox). I think most/any trades = Ike's death.

V115's a fraud, MAN UP (that sucks to hear). Just wavebounce paralyzer, it's the future.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I've edgeguarded Blitz (the same Ike) very easily with zair before. Laser also works well, and you can probably reverse nair if you want.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hmmm ok that sounds swell because I think in our set I tried Both grab and zair when I abandoned the side B venture and I miss timed/spaced it, I also tried going behind him and getting a DJ-> bair on his way up, However I miss timed that as well.

In any case Ike can be a problem now that his jab is an automatic BS option out of even grab release I used to get away with F-tilt if he was to slow since I like to spam that out of releases when I don't think jab will reach but meh...

@ Shaya Shaya I actually believe that regarding wave bounce paralyzers , I just debate actually using it sometimes because I already over use paralyzer in my basic play. So messing up and doing a turnaround B or a random variant of side b are a little Risky for me. I almost agree with V115 being a fraud (Since he misses so many tourneys then comes and takes second at some like WTF?) but if I do that then I have no Idea what that makes me for constantly losing to him in the sets we play and placings Usually xD.

If it really counts the most I've done is taking 2 games out of 5 on him (to bad he switched to Robin one of the games ;P) ,
It also doesn't help that the one legit time I out placed him and got a payout my opponent #3 for our PR forfeited because he had to go (time johns)

@ infiniteV115 infiniteV115 Can you elaborate a bit I could have sworn I've tried that before... guess my timing is just that bad huh? (trigger happy fingers why you do this)

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Curious about ZSS, and recent playing has me asking a question: Is there a consistent spacing where you can get the Side B semi-spike without hitting the sweetspot at the end of the move? Labbing has yet to bear fruit, but I got it semi-consistently in one match of For-Glory and gimped a Pac-Man at high%

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I still try to whip opponents.
Why is that move so bad now?
Because zero spammed it during the e3 as it was a kill move , decent spacing tool and I'd assume since it had more knockback for killing good shield pressure . Sakurai was watching and that move got nerfed to hell.

Now 75% of the cast at least laugh at you if you don't get max range spacing on their in power shield attempts.

Pretty sure lame ones like fox can prob upsmash you OoS for your transgressions ; (

I am now super curious as to how amusing Samus hovering like peach and using side b , laser or zair would be... however that is gone now as well.

Our parents , The baby and now this?
Why can't we ever have nice things?

Last edited:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I still try to whip opponents.
Why is that move so bad now?
I've been the biggest hater of all time of S4 ZSS' sideB, as I felt the nerf to it was completely unnecessary

But it seems I've found a very niche use for it. It's still a **** move overall, but it's somewhat good in some situations

ie offstage

You can use it offstage to gimp, or to just get a raw offstage kill at high %.

Its huge range allows us to hit opponents where our aerials wouldn't (and downB would go over and/or is too big a commitment), and its lack of cooldown means it's safer than zair in some positions, and it can also frame trap an airdodge like it did in Brawl (if they airdodge through the sideB while falling towards you offstage, you can punish with an aerial. Which aerial you use depends on what you wanna do and the spacing of the situation, but you have to start off moving towards each other)

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yes, it's the most logical choice to make, ZSS is really hard and stupid... Do you really enjoy having to play around shields in hope that they don't react to grab? I DON'T!
And yet you still play her. There's gotta be a reason you play her.

Top Bottom