• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yoshi Q&A thread - look here before posting ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
He'd have to update it, and uh, he's not even a Yoshi player. That we know of, and he's a Jan '09 joiner. jk As long as he updates we'll be good.

Sharky

Smash Master
this is good. newbies ask questions, we answer. Problem is I'm betting that most people won't post in here and make their own topics anyway. =/

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
don't worry, I'll update
and don't get thrown off by my '09' join date. I've been on this site a long time, just started posting recently. I'm very familiar with this site, and I created this topic to help you guys out by hopefully cutting down on spam threads.

It is true I don't main/play yoshi, but I will update this and do what I have to do for this thread, but awnsering the questions is up to you guys
;)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
What's wrong with just making threads? I like it that way cuz it's easier to categorize questions and get specific attention for certain things that are more important.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Hey Chaco were you always a Yoshi main? I thought you mained someone else?

EDIT: Is it best to turn tap-jump off when using yoshi so you can Up+B first before double jumping? Sorry if this is an old question.

Frown

poekmon
Hey Chaco were you always a Yoshi main? I thought you mained someone else?

EDIT: Is it best to turn tap-jump off when using yoshi so you can Up+B first before double jumping? Sorry if this is an old question.
Someone else was ZSS. It is changed now.

Yes, or else you might screw up and double jump cancel on your way back. Turn tap jump off and use that method to recover: Egg throw -> double jump.

Sharky

Smash Master
Most people turn tap jump off when playing Yoshi. It definitely can help solve your self-gimping recovery problems. However, if you really like tap jump that much, you can head over to 0rion's thread to pick up some techniques on how to egg toss without wasting your double jump.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone-

I'm trying to get a "brawl lobby" set up that connects all the xat chats so people can chat or find matches or w/e (or you can go to it directly at www.xat.com/Wifi_Room No signup or registration is needed). So far 16 xats have the room tabbed in their chats. See this thread for the details:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563

Check it out even if you guys don't want or have a xat. If your boards have an "important links" thread, it would be appreciated if the above thread and site were added. It's might be at least useful for those that want to locate the individual character xats.

Thanks.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Heck, you may think it is not a good thing to go off the edge with Yoshi, for he can be gimped, but I find if you either get knocked off the stage or you KOed your opponent and he has invul frames, you can stay out off the stage and egg toss stall then get back on the stage.

Veelhelm

Smash Cadet
I would like to ask for general opinions on what Yoshi's best move is for canceling momentum. Thank you to everyone in advance for your help.

Sharky

Smash Master
Depends on what you're talking about. :yoshi:

If you mean actual momentum canceling, then there's only one, that being the egg-lay. It's one of three moves in the game that do so. People need to get their smash terms straight.

If you mean moves that can help reduce momentum, that's a better question. For vertical knockback, any aerial will help, provided that you fastfall as soon as it starts. Dair is the most noob-friendly move, as it automatically fastfalls. For horizontal trajectories, the best bet would probably be to uair, then double jump.

Chaco

Never Logs In

If you mean actual momentum canceling, then there's only one, that being the egg-lay. It's one of three moves in the game that do so. People need to get their smash terms straight.

If you mean moves that can help reduce momentum, that's a better question. For vertical knockback, any aerial will help, provided that you fastfall as soon as it starts. Dair is the most noob-friendly move, as it automatically fastfalls. For horizontal trajectories, the best bet would probably be to uair, then double jump.
What the Sharky said.

Veelhelm

Smash Cadet
Thank you and I apologize for misusing the term :(. I actually had a small debate with a friend over this but this short clear this up.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman

Egg roll, not egg lay. That's why the actual momentum canceling is only useful with GW's bucket, since that's the only move out of the 3 (DK's up-B is the other one) that doesn't leave you helpless after using it.

I'm pretty sure uair is the best aerial to use for both vertical and horizontal trajectories. I think the idea is that you want to use your fastest aerial (by fastest, I mean the one that ends the soonest, so uair in Yoshi's case) to let you regain control sooner, in order to fast fall, double jump, use up-B, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom