• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Umm... actually, I was talking to Annoying. He was saying he would try to get the frame data, but was afraid someone would beat him to it.
ooh, by what annoying said, it didnt sound like he was going to try and figure that out. unless you two are having private conversations, i just assumed the question was directed at me, because he just said "so theoritcally you can position yourself so it does like a lot of damage."

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
by "someone's gonna beat me to it" i meant i'm too lazy to get it.

Cort

Apple Head
Very nice guide. It's interesting how hit boxes get "recycled" after 12 hits, and the game forgets about the first one.

If only Yoshi's Island had 12 boxes, it'd be Ness' best stage. :(

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Really? How interesting. I hear Peach is a difficult matchup for our sexy little hero.

But anyways, do you guys wanna wait until the SYYG discoveriesare fully discovered before I make the tutorial vid? Or should I just go ahead and do it? Because, it sounds like it will take a while. So do y'all wanna wait?

Cort

Apple Head
Really? How interesting. I hear Peach is a difficult matchup for our sexy little hero.

But anyways, do you guys wanna wait until the SYYG discoveriesare fully discovered before I make the tutorial vid? Or should I just go ahead and do it? Because, it sounds like it will take a while. So do y'all wanna wait?
Lol, I never said Ness > Peach ;x Ness can suprisingly combo peach somewhat well, though. This is after I played Mofo for a good 3 hours yesterday. He never beat my Peach, though.

Please show the SYYG in action, as of right now I think it's pretty much bull after discussing it with Mofo..

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh no, I don't mean a SYYG tutorial vid, I mean a YYG tutorial vid! Making these kind of discoverias are hard. I've only pulled it off once and flukedit, so we may not get it real soon. But anyways, I am making a YYG tutorial vid and including all we know and I wanna know if people would rather wait for SYYG, or get just the plain YYG vid now. (well soon)

Cort

Apple Head
Oh, lol. I would really appreciate someone elaborating more on the SYYG, though. The rumors are far too vague. >_>

Yeah, go ahead and make a YYG vid with all the content in this guide. It would help a lot of people as well as interest them in playing Ness =P

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Cort problem with SYYG is we dont know crap about it yet so cant tell much about it...we're discussing it here to combine the info we already have, deduce more info based on that and give additional info when we get it in hopes of cracking this new maneuver

on another note....i like this topic...i've been in so many other topics lately where ppl are debating and arguing on some subject, but in this thread we are all just helping out to figure something out that will be good for everyone

EDIT: oh btw EB360, there is no limit to vids...if you want i would hold nothing against you(and i cant imagine anyone else would either) if you wanted to create a YYG tutorial now without SYYG(since we have little info on it) and then even later made ANOTHER video for SYYG

Reik

Smash Ace
Cort, do you remember exactly what the combos Mofo used were and at around what percents? I have my own methods for comboing Peach but it's always good to hear about what another Ness is doing. If you don't remember then it's no big deal.

Simna: I msg'd Damian on AIM the other day and he didn't answer. If you see him online, start bugging him to find his capture card so we can have a video to analyze. :p

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Oh no, I don't mean a SYYG tutorial vid, I mean a YYG tutorial vid! Making these kind of discoverias are hard. I've only pulled it off once and flukedit, so we may not get it real soon. But anyways, I am making a YYG tutorial vid and including all we know and I wanna know if people would rather wait for SYYG, or get just the plain YYG vid now. (well soon)
Yes you should make a YYG video now, without including the SYYG. Just put at the end something to the effect of "Coming soon, and you thought Ness was a sexy beast before!" lmao. But if you want to post what you know on this guide about SYYG and let ness enthusiasts all over try and help, then as long as Simna is ok with that, it might help speed up the process a bit.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^

That would be kwazy.

Rest+YYG Deathline >_>
That would be broken.

I'm getting started on the vid now. Well, I'm getting things organized and stuff like the sections, what's gonna be where, etc. I'll post here when it's done and put a thread in the video discussion room. XD at Ryhme's "sexy beast".

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I don't have an AR

So, I might not be able to dothat. But I'll try to do it. I may get to get one for my Birthday. Yay!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
um.....fine *hmph*
too bad i cant.
Hmm... that's what I was about to say about your request.:laugh:
J/K

I will do this if I can. If I do, it will be in the "Fun stuff" section which will include wierd stuff with the YYG like YYG in Home run contest, the 2 hit 60% combo, Ness' tauntspike, and more.

You should try the 2 hit combo one. Equip TJ and stand a bit away from the enemy. Fully charge PK Flash them and let them fly into TJ. :upsidedown: Doesn't help in battl though, that's why it'll be in the fun stuff section.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wow i can finnally do the yyg fairly constantly,, ummmmm noone specified that in order to put a jacked on your opponent cant be between u and the hitbox... that was what was getting me when i tried to put on jackets.

Now im good tho, good luck on the vid.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
one thing though....i can never seem to get a spkie jacket, but star and thunda work....o well.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
:laugh: Annoying i was just kidding. I don't demand pos reps for requests.

Good News!
I was able to order an AR off the internet. It will be here by next week. I might do YYG in Break the Targets in the vid since I will have an AR. Well, if it works...

Oh and annoying, if you wanna equip Spike Jacket, after you set up a trapbox, just SH then dair at the peak of your SH.

squaminator

Smash Ace
:laugh: Annoying i was just kidding. I don't demand pos reps for requests.

Good News!
I was able to order an AR off the internet. It will be here by next week. I might do YYG in Break the Targets in the vid since I will have an AR. Well, if it works...

Oh and annoying, if you wanna equip Spike Jacket, after you set up a trapbox, just SH then dair at the peak of your SH.
i pos repped you anyways, so put it in the vid plz!

and couldn't you DJ cancel the dair instead of waiting for an entre SH?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
>_>

Someone Neg repped me saying not to "beg for reps". Stupid guy can't read. I said it was a joke. lol

Oh and the rep you gave me was blue. What does that mean?

And SHing a dair is usually easier than a DjC one.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i got two thundrr jackets on in a match to day i was mad hyped.. I can actually do it in battle now..

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
well, for some reason it dont work...or i cant tell that it worked. probably that... >.>

The Cape

Smash Master
Simna, if you want me to do the Yo-yo glitch with an AR and show the hitboxes, PM me and we can talk about it.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
WOOOOH!
I got it! I got my AR!
I would make a topic about it, but that wouldn't do so well!:p

Annoying, you stole my avatar...:(

I'm gonna have fun with this!:joyful: I'm gonna first check hitboxes, then domoveswap, and maybe YYG in BtT. What else do you guys reccomend?

And what's wrong with cherry pie? I mean, sure it's not the best kind, but it's cetainly not the worst.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ive never been on the ness boards before but you guys are genius's for finding this out.It make me want to use ness and exploit this.(even though it sounds incredibly tricky)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
OKay, for the Ball Kirby, Pokemon Modifier, and both skirtless codes, and the moveswap codes, the form is not in those XXX-XXX-XXXX, but instead, it has the form of XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX. How do you type it in this form? When I type it in, it says something is wrong. Help?
Okay, thought I should post it here too, but the moveswap code has a different form. How do I type this is?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
those are RAW codes....you need to go to the ARCentral forums and there is a topic there where ppl will encode your raw codes into AR codes....many of the codes are already listed on the topic

Top Bottom