• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I have version 1.0. I believe the moveswap codes are also in this form, so I will need this in order to put it in the vid. But there are so many. You sure you wanna translate them all? I don't even have 1.2. Ugh...:urg: I have a feeling this won't be working out.

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
im having trouble, i don't have AR so i don't know where the 1st hitbox is, but i try on training having dk walk into it, which is how my friend showed me, and like 1/100 times i got it, but he walked into it so i couldn't do anything cool with it... any practical set-ups for in game use of the yyg?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Possibly New YYG Discoveries Found!

I found 2 things. Probably totally useless, but hey. And they're YYG discoveries, not SYYG discoveries. Sorry.

1. You can move a trabox or even a jacket trap somewhere else other than in your body and where it originally spawned. First, just set up your dropped jacket trap. Then use your yo-yo, but cancel the animation somhow while the special hitbox is still being used like by getting hit. The trapbox will be moved from wherever it previously was, to your feet, but it will still be the hitbox of whatever jacket you originally dropped. Same goes for regular trapboxes.

But there is more to this. It was once stated that a trapbox cannot be airborne. But if you use the yo-yo in a deathline and you again cancel the yo-yo during ANY part of the animation, the hitbox of whatever part of that yo-yo was will be set. So if you lay a trapbox down, move somewhere else, make a deathlin with the yo-yo, charge it, and cancel the animation while it was charging, you will have dropped a weak trapbox. You can even do this with the backswing. That's how you get it airborne.

2. NEW JACKET!!!
Probably useless again, but hey.
Set up trapbox
yo-yo
cancel it by having a platform under you dissappear RIGHT WHEN you hear the first whoosh sound. Or, you can cancel it in the first few frames of the charge animation.WARNING! Cancelling too late will result in you just moving the trapbox. Same goes for ding it too early!
And now say hello to your Toy Jacket (that's what I call it). It is the hitbox of the yo-yo stuck to your feet. Depending on when you cancel the yo-yo, the toy jacket canbe the weak or strong hitbox.

Oh and BTW, for the toy jacket, you may be able to get it by cancelling the yo-yo animation by getting hit, but I've only hadsuch luck with dissappearing platforms. (try onnet and repeatedly WD in place on the drug store)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
pst...edit button ^_^

smashwiki....i'll have to check that out....

by moving the trapbox, can you make it float in the air?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so, if you combined aerial trapbox and laying yoyo glitch jackets, and you have an aerial spike box.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
so, if you combined aerial trapbox and laying yoyo glitch jackets, and you have an aerial spike box.
Sorry, no. The special yo-yo only comes out in the first hitbox which remains on the ground, so if you do that, the yo-yo hitbox will be normaly be the time the yo-yo is in the air.

GREAT NEWS!

I hope this is new, but did you guys know that Ness can do Jigglypuffs BtT without dying with proper utilization of the YYG? I'm gonna let you guys try and figure out how before I tell you.

...Well, at least I think you can't do it without using the YYG.(without dying)

Oh, and sorry annoying. Moveswap+YYG=Freeze. You lay a trap box as Ness and swap afterwards, the game freezes.:(

one of you guys really need to change your avatar
I got this one first:p, but I like Annoying, I'm not gonna blackmail him until he changes>:roll:

Nemba

Smash Cadet
Let me get this straight. The only way to really test out these moves is to use AR? Not saying you can't do it without AR, obviously, but to get an actual 'visualization' of the move- an AR is required? If so, then I guess I might want to get one as well. Superb job with the Toy Jacket, EB360.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Let me get this straight. The only way to really test out these moves is to use AR? Not saying you can't do it without AR, obviously, but to get an actual 'visualization' of the move- an AR is required? If so, then I guess I might want to get one as well. Superb job with the Toy Jacket, EB360.
Well, if you really actually want to see it, then yes AR is required. But if you just want to know if you set up a trap box in training mode, you can just spawn a "hittable" item where you YYGed. Like shells, Mr. Saturns, Freezies, etc.

Oh, and Thanks!:)

Oh, and Annoying, sorry about the misunderstanding, but it turns out that YYG+Moveswap DOES work. I was just swapping with incompatible characters. But Annoying, remeber, I have version 1.00, so my moveswap choices are a bit more limited than that of later versions of this game.

Oh, and I need some help. I hear there are qualities that a certain hitbox needs to be able to be made into a jacket. What are these qualities again? I believe Reik posted them once. Wasn't it like one hitbox, no sweetspot, and cancellable? Because, I wanna see if I can give Ness new jackets with moveswap!:colorful:

Has anyone been able to complete my challenge yet?

Reik

Smash Ace
As far as I could tell, in order for an attack to become a jacket it must:

1. Be able to recall the YYG Hitbox. (Not PK Flash, PK Fire, etc.)
2. Have only one hitbox at the same time.
3. Be cancellable (although you can cancel pretty much anything with falling platforms and lasers).
4. NOT be Ness' U-smash or D-smash*

*That's what I previously thought, because whenever I cancelled a U-smash or D-smash with a laser the hitbox just became stuck in the air. But since EB360's discovery of the Toy Jacket, my theory has been proven wrong.

In regards to sweetspots on attacks... you have to define sweetspot. Some attacks have a sweetspot because they have multiple hitboxes at the same time (like Ness' bat). However, PKTJ may have a "sweetspot" because the hitbox becomes weaker over time. Naturally, the second kind of sweetspot can become a jacket.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
As far as I could tell, in order for an attack to become a jacket it must:

1. Be able to recall the YYG Hitbox. (Not PK Flash, PK Fire, etc.)
2. Have only one hitbox at the same time.
3. Be cancellable (although you can cancel pretty much anything with falling platforms and lasers).
4. NOT be Ness' U-smash or D-smash*

*That's what I previously thought, because whenever I cancelled a U-smash or D-smash with a laser the hitbox just became stuck in the air. But since EB360's discovery of the Toy Jacket, my theory has been proven wrong.

In regards to sweetspots on attacks... you have to define sweetspot. Some attacks have a sweetspot because they have multiple hitboxes at the same time (like Ness' bat). However, PKTJ may have a "sweetspot" because the hitbox becomes weaker over time. Naturally, the second kind of sweetspot can become a jacket.
Hmm... if this is true, wouldn't it be possible to jacket all tilts, and jabs?

I dunno about sweetspots. I thought that was one of the qualities needed to have a hitbox being able to become a jacket. But I know there are sweetspots based on timing, and ones based on spacing. I dunno, just ignore that.:dizzy:

I <3 Toy Jacket

EDIT: I can't open my microwave. How will I eat my bacon now?:(

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
GREAT NEWS!

I hope this is new, but did you guys know that Ness can do Jigglypuffs BtT without dying with proper utilization of the YYG? I'm gonna let you guys try and figure out how before I tell you.

...Well, at least I think you can't do it without using the YYG.(without dying)
That's it. Cookie to anyone who can do it. It requires luck, timing, good YYGing, and precise PKTJ aim.

EDIT: Wait, why did I edit this?

Reik

Smash Ace
Earthbound360 said:
No, the PK Thunder can't turn sharp enough and will hit the ledge above you before you can wedge it under.
Simna showed me something a long time ago that might help. If you jump and start your PK Thunder on one of the first few frames that you leave the ground, Ness will start the PK Thunder halfway in the ground and you can hit something closer to you. So stand as far over to the right as you can and do that. :cool:

And to keep this on topic... Simna have you heard from Damian lately? It's been a while and he still hasn't given us a demo video to look at. :(

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
not any more....

as for SYYG...
any progress?
any reason why it doesnt work on slopes?

go to the Moveswap Project for Moveswap stuff and stuff, EB360.

not changing my avatar. just look at the names.

EDIT: what's your record for BtT on the challenge, EB360?

EDIT2: EB360 when typed looks 1337.

EDIT3: just so you know.

EDIT4: i actually DID edit this post 3 4 times.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Did you say teleportation?

So in summary, we so far know that the SYYG is performed by WDing towards a ledge and upsmashing during the opening frames of the teetering animation, fully charging the upsmash. Can be done using platform ledges (?). Doesn't work on UFO (?). Allows multiple (infinite) hitbox refreshes with Jackets and Traps (?), and um freaking teleporting (?).

Is this correct?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i dont know.

no work on UFO.

yeah, infinite jacket.

yes, freaking teleporting.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yay, new link in me siggy. the ONLY non-space animal infinite, brought to you by Samus.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
More AR Stuff

Reik, I tried what you said with pKT, and I still could not get it under. If I am doing it correctly, then it means my challenge is still good!:)

Oh, and Annoying, I haven't timed myself yet, since at the time, I was just trying to do it, but I'll try soon.

Moveswap, moveswap moveswap...

Para Jacket: Moveswap with Mr.G&W cancel nair with YYG, equips para jacket. VERY large hitbox about as big as Bowsers sheild, and heavy knockback.

Chop Jacket?(I can't think of a good name): Sheik swap fair jacket. Equips fair hitbox to body, has good knockback, a decent sized hitbox, and low trajectory.

That's all I could find. It's was kinda shocking to me how many aerials in the entire game had over 1 hitbox. Same thing with many ground attacks. also, Ness can't swap with everone, so some attacks that could become jackets are inaccessible in my version (like Yoshis fair). As I posted this, I just thought that maybe Pichus usmash would work. I didn't test clones thinking that thier attacks would be to similar, but the electric rats usmashes are very different. Also, Kirbys uair and nair have only one hitbox at a time, but for some reason, I can't jacket them.:confused:

When you think about it, we should consider ourselves lucky not only because Ness was granted the YYG, but has so many jacketable attacks compared to other character.

I haven't tried too many specials yet, since they are the main cause of freezes, but heres what I got:

Ness can't rest so rest+deathline or rest jacket doesn't exist.(:( But man if it did...)

Luigis flaming jump punch does work, but when Ness swaps with Luigi, upb goes to forwardb. Also, you can only get the aerial sweetspot, which is weaker than a grounded sweetspot. This is as close to rest as we can get.

firefox and Firebird are the only cancellable upbs in the game next to PKTJ, but Ness can't get those either... so no flame jacket.

OMG WEIRD DISCOVERY!

If Ness has a jacket on, and is sent flying off the top of the screen, the hitbox will still be attatched to him. So if he's flying in the background, and an enemy happens to be where he is on the mainground, they can still get hrut by the jacket!:rotfl: Imagine winning a match because of that. You'd be like :joyful:

I found this when I was playing with adventure mode enemies on the test stage. I had TJ, I was skyrocketed by a Polar bear, and I flew back and killed a Goomba on the mainground.

Oh, and Annoying, there is another infinite not from the space animaly. Icy's have the freeze glitch, and that infinite grab.:chuckle:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Earthbound360, my friend and I refer to Shiek's fair as the Godsmack. If you don't have a good name, use that one.

By the "Teetering Animation", you mean the distance at which if you were doing an Usmash the yoyo would be teetering, or right when Ness would normally begin teetering?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Godsmack jacket... I like it!:)

Alright, that's what it's called now.

Oh, and I dunno if this works for SYYG, but with the face screen code, you can get Ness' yo-yo to completely hang off of an edge with little to no effort.

EDIT: Is anyone interested in any used floss?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
it's fun being smart, in'nit?
but with that logic, IC's have like 5 infinites.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Nice progress guys.

For a long time not much happened with the YYG...but it seems that a lot of new techniques have been uncovered since the last time I visited this site.

Props.

Also, thanks for mentioning me in the YYG Wiki... : P

(Villness and Lonleyness too)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, just make an interesting discovery or post yourself on Smash wiki ;)
I haven't had any luck with finding any new moveswap jackets. I'd assume Mewtwos dair and fair in a later version would be jacketable, but I have the earliest version. So I'm going to add Para and Godsmack jacket and mutiple deathlines (like Luigi's taunt) to the vid, which by the way I'm still drafting, but making progress nonetheless.

Top Bottom