• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
TMT, it's hard because Diddy is quick enough to punish Wolf if he knows what you wanna do [and I'm predictable with it, mind you, which is why I made the comment about my ledge game]. What I do is land on the stage at low % to condition him into going for the punish so I can get the ledge for sure at high % when it really matters. Not ideal, I know. I'm definitely working on that next.

tekkie, some of my decisions are hard to understand and don't make a lot of sense. It would've definitely better to wait and see what he does next. I'm just so impatient when I get a good opportunity >_<

:059:

TMT

Smash Rookie
well, if you can flashcancel, than do it. due to wolfs speed it will be very hard to punish you . I think even diddy wouldn't be fast enough (as long as he waits near the edge. if he doesnt, it shouldn't be dangerous to grab the edge)

and use usmash after dacit more, it makes more damge. or does LP DI out of it?

tekkie

Smash Master
tekkie

teach me to vs diddy ;_;
the entire match is get out of tricky situations ASAP and make sure not to do anything punishable by a banana. getting hit by a banana is like a free %50 at least; at close range it's an infinite until whenever they kill you or mess up

on the other hand if it's a bad diddy use their bananas against them and make them miserable :D

edit: btw diddy's options against a recovering wolf are insane but most diddies dont use them for some reason; maybe they think wolf beats diddy off stage o_o

fair beats wolf's sideB, diddy can spike wolf out of upB, diddy can run into the upB and uair out of it in theory.

basically when wolf is offstage you have to move super quickly and unpredictably or you're going to keep taking damage until you do. the entire situation is either get ***** or rack slight damage versus diddy which is more either **** or nothing, which is why this matchup is totally 50-50 and wolf players are beating really good diddy players in their region even though they know the matchup well

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I can't do fair / Usmash OoS. Practiced it for 2 month straight ... no progress at all :(

That's not good. Keep practicing >:O being quick and precise with your OoS punishes really helps a lot. Also, speaking about being quick, you should be quicker. I see you pausing before taking action sometimes, like once during a DACIT > dsmash. That pause gave more than enough time for good DI on the dsmash, and it really helps Wolf to catch people unprepared since you kill like 50-60% earlier that way? lol not saying it would've necessarily worked, but try to be as quick as possible.

@ JJ: will do ;D

@ Tekkie: agreed with Diddy **** offstage. Can't he sideB our recovery too? >__> It's just like recovering vs every other character though, space your recovery and wait for them to make a commitment before going for the stage/ledge. Unless their character has absolutely ridiculous aerial mobility (think Wario's horizontal airspeed with Fox's fastfall and MK's midair jumps), you'll probably be able to make it back on stage fine as long as you spaced well in my experience.

@ everyone who posted videos: I'm planning on knocking out most of my hw today and hopefully doing critiques over the weekend, so... yeah. Maybe. Keep an eye out for that ;D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Jc Naner toss>Dacus is a true combo. I versed some Wi-Fi Diddy yesterday and ***** him for free. Mcpeepants beat me in dittos though. Jumpshine>Land Behind AD too good. He's really fast. To bad I SD spammed @_@.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
diddy and a lot of other characters juggling options against wolf are also insane
I have no idea what you are talking about. Wolf's aerial speed alone makes him one of the least juggable characters in the game not to mention the ability to interrupt with Shine.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
That's not good. Keep practicing >:O being quick and precise with your OoS punishes really helps a lot. Also, speaking about being quick, you should be quicker. I see you pausing before taking action sometimes, like once during a DACIT > dsmash. That pause gave more than enough time for good DI on the dsmash, and it really helps Wolf to catch people unprepared since you kill like 50-60% earlier that way? lol not saying it would've necessarily worked, but try to be as quick as possible.

@ JJ: will do ;D

@ Tekkie: agreed with Diddy **** offstage. Can't he sideB our recovery too? >__> It's just like recovering vs every other character though, space your recovery and wait for them to make a commitment before going for the stage/ledge. Unless their character has absolutely ridiculous aerial mobility (think Wario's horizontal airspeed with Fox's fastfall and MK's midair jumps), you'll probably be able to make it back on stage fine as long as you spaced well in my experience.

@ everyone who posted videos: I'm planning on knocking out most of my hw today and hopefully doing critiques over the weekend, so... yeah. Maybe. Keep an eye out for that ;D

Still keeping an eye out for it ^_^

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm sorry for delaying things yet again... I have a test this Friday and three more next week X______x BUT ONCE THAT'S DONE (if enough people badger me lol) I'll probably have time ;D

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
Wolf shouldn't be juggled.
Ridiculous air speed+ B reversals make it friggin ridiculous.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
TURTL SAYING IT AS IT IS.

Turtl why the heck is your picture of a lucas and not a diddy

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Seagull, I just watched all of your videos.

I still can't believe you lost to TL or DK :/ Though I have got to say that DK was the most legit one I've ever seen.

IC's are gay as hell, I loled at 3:55 on that RC match against roller when he just fell into your d-smash.

You played Ally pretty well in that 2nd match, I think if you even think about approaching you lose against MK.

Also, hopefully you didn't teach Nicole anything she didn't already know, I just learned about that chaingrab she has, looks like it only works 3 times?

King Beef looked like he was wavedashing!!!!!

Perhaps it's your superior skills showing, honestly, Trent looks more difficult than the Sonic you played, but good job none the less, let Sonic know who's the boss. The only video I got recorded were both against Trent so I'll post those as soon as he tells me he's uploaded them.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlSauuOFl5g

Me VS Trent :sonic: , you'll notice in the first match my control stick keeps wanting to go to the right side in the first match. Only matches I recorded, wish I would have gotten the Bpow :wario: ones recorded, he beat Trent, who beat Joker.

This match was way, way different than the 3-stocking I gave him at Joker last monthly, but I haven't been playing on anything other than :random: since I last played Tyser other than at this here tournament.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's not hard to make yourself look good by beating bad opponents. If you want to brag about your Wolf you should show videos of you beating real opponents.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It's not hard to make yourself look good by beating bad opponents. If you want to brag about your Wolf you should show videos of you beating real opponents.

I think he's joking lololololol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv7Cj9fHmIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA-CjxP-_Os

I'm better than most of you right now

you mad wolf boards?
El Mk necesito usar ma's TORNADO.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Shouldn't use GW vs Wolf tbh.

:awesome:

Nair to grab if you can pull it off since dthrow reads are good, your fair goes through a lot of stuff including our sideB iirc, dtilt can be a bit annoying, well-spaced/timed smashes to bait punish attempts that aren't guaranteed for a shieldgrab... idk, those are the main things I get annoyed about when fighting G&W.

Top Bottom