• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Um, top three are Snake, Meta and Wario?

I call bull****. Wolf can beat Snake. Meta ***** Wolf. Wario only ****s Wolf on the CG infinite, but even then, proper spacing makes it harder for Wario to get that in there. Wolf beats out all aerials.

Am I missing something?
Bias becaue he mains mk and hasn't versed a good wolf probably =/. And asaph I'll be there tonight.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
LOL.

It isn't your fault.
Really, it's not my fault that I got grabbed? It's not my fault that I managed to receive the ~350% and get hit by 3 KO moves needed to lose a game? Well that's a comfort, I always thought it was me who sucked.

I'm not going to deny that he has limited options. But that shouldn't give me an excuse to complain about how bad Wolf sucks and avoid how badly I might suck, and when you say "it's not your fault"... I mean, it's absolutely my fault for losing the match, I can't put that blame anywhere else but me. I also do not think we have a player that plays Wolf at the level that he is capable of.

No one yet that has picked up Wolf has been as smart as the players at the top level of the metagame. Snake has had people that are really smart pick him up, Marth has had really smart players pick him up. A few top-notch players have played Wario. None yet have played Wolf, and that is definitely a factor in how far he gets taken.

Of course, I'm trying to do my part. I'm trying to get the best understanding of the game as I can, as well as try to BE that top-notch player that plays Wolf. I'm also trying my best to help further other people's understanding of the game as well as further my own with posting on these forums.

/rant. Sorry, just that statement "It's not your fault" kinda irked me.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
No one yet that has picked up Wolf has been as smart as the players at the top level of the metagame. Snake has had people that are really smart pick him up, Marth has had really smart players pick him up. A few top-notch players have played Wario. None yet have played Wolf, and that is definitely a factor in how far he gets taken.
Or the better explanation is that MK and Snake are near broken and Marth and Wario are really good. Since big names used Wolf for recreation (The first step for him being used competitively) such as NL, Atomsk, and Anti...Its just that with MK and Snake, match up knowledge is less important, and their properties make them that much superior to other characters that it creates a disincentive to use Wolf or other middle tiers in tournament...

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Wolf can beat snake. JJ beat Ally in a match in friendlies. Snake is nowhere near impossible for wolf, NOWHERE near.

But I agree that they are near broken, when you play them, you no longer need to study matchups.

I'll be the person to make wolf top notch ;). I've been playing wolf for like 3 months and I'm doing pretty well if I do say so myself. Unfortunately I live in canada :'(

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Exactly why we're still C tier.

But really, why would someone pick up Wolf over MK or Snake, or pretty much any other top tier character? If you really want to win, Wolf is the really long way to getting there, and when money is on the line, I doubt many want to miss out on any chances they might have.

:059:

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I am a semi-top player that picked up Wolf, I am making progress quickly and am getting smarter/better everytime I play. Meta vs Wolf is 65:35. Thats not ****........see the thing is if people don't know what is **** and what isn't it makes no sense to post saying MK ***** Wolf when its not ****. He has the clear advantage but Wolf can win by all means. Step it up, no johns.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Numbers are subjective. So to someone they may not be, but to others they are.

I personally don't think the matchup isn't that bad, it's just that the players that play him are considerably smarter than I am. So I'm getting outsmarted, not out-character'd, if that makes any sense haha.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
At top level of play, isn't 65-35 considered REALLY uphill?

:059:
ADHD considered Diddy v Snake 35-65. If you beat them 1/3 of the time, then its not so bad...It just means that you need to outplay them, use more mind games, make less errors, or hope they aren't playing to their fullest...Even then, if your a better player, you'll still win more than 1/3 of the time...Considering ADHD beats nearly every other Snake other than Ally and Anti so player difference might matter more than character differences.

tekkie

Smash Master
ADHD considered Diddy v Snake 35-65. If you beat them 1/3 of the time, then its not so bad...It just means that you need to outplay them, use more mind games, make less errors, or hope they aren't playing to their fullest...Even then, if your a better player, you'll still win more than 1/3 of the time...Considering ADHD beats nearly every other Snake other than Ally and Anti so player difference might matter more than character differences.
i hear ADHD doesn't know how to DI snake's utilt

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
youre stupid snake ***** diddy. it is an uphill battle

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
seagullman took my old avatar lol.

When everyone in singles i played was DDD or snake/mk wario and mk were needed

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Lol sess did you record our matches lulz. Next time you should and post em here or something. we never have anything to critique xD

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
hiya guys i just recently went to a tourny and did pretty good there this is my first video i put on here so i wonder what you guys think of my wolf (i will put another video up once the guy uploads it on youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUxCTuYgwrI&feature=channel_page

i have no idea how to fight MK :( (He doesnt really play him much either lol)

i got a little spammy also D: sooooo ya enjoy!

tekkie

Smash Master
you shined waaaay too much. never approach with it either.

don't roll away from mk's tornado. either laser if you're far away or shield and tilt it up. (if you don't know about shield tilting, shield and while the bubble is out hold up.)

don't recover directly to the stage. you'll get ***** every time. go to ledge and try to sort your life out from there.

mk can punish you for hitting him with a lot of attacks. enjoy your injustice.

other than that, it's mk. that particular one was very beatable. keep practicing.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
ya...i tend to shine A LOT but most of the time it works decently it just i just flat out suck against any type of MK (loljohn) i also was determined to shine him out of tornado lol....

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
dont shine mk unless your know you can hit him. laser alot and look for bair->fmash combos and nair -> dsmash at kill%. stay away from Sv and BF.

Top Bottom