• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
And for the brilliant Conker's Bad Fur Day...
Amen. That game was so awesome...

The ReDeads scared me a bit too...never too much to play or gimme nightmares or anything like that, but I do remember thinking that they were pretty creepy.

Also, about Harvest Moon, the game always strikes me as a on-the-go thing to do....I don't own one for a console, but the old GameBoy ones were a lot of fun for car rides.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I bet that one of the games on the virtual console on Monday is going to be Riot Zone for the Turbografx-16

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Man i hope they add goldeneye soon. btw i dont know if its already posted(too lazy to browse all the pages :p), what do you guys think of Sin and Punishment and Mario:Lost levels?
i would love to see banjo, but i think the issue is that nintendo distributes the game, but it is the intellectual property of the developers isnt it? unless it is a first party game, i dont think nintendo owns any part of banjo. and isnt there a banjo coming out for the 360? i think i saw a trailer on gametrailers.
Im a little worried for Goldeneye & the Banjo games after reading this article
http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/226/goldeneye-not-virtual-console-bound.php
Keep your fingers cross though

Cless

Smash Champion
I can't say it wasn't to be expected, but I can't believe Nintendo left all the rights to Rare after Diddy Kong Racing. Bad move Nintendo.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So far I have Kid Icarus(OMG games were harder back then),
Super Metroid, and Kirby's Adventure. I'm still waiting for Kirby Super Star, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger(Wish I played these games), and Super Mario RPG. Maybe they could release Mother 1 on the VC since it's possible to get Japan only games.
I don't need OOT since I have the special edition that has tthe Master Quest for GC.

Cless

Smash Champion
So far I have Kid Icarus(OMG games were harder back then),
Super Metroid, and Kirby's Adventure. I'm still waiting for Kirby Super Star, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger(Wish I played these games), and Super Mario RPG. Maybe they could release Mother 1 on the VC since it's possible to get Japan only games.
I don't need OOT since I have the special edition that has tthe Master Quest for GC.
They should just release the Mother that they were going to release. It was fully translated and ready for release before it got canned.

Sensai

Smash Master
Today is...

Pac-Attack (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Pac-Man makes a rare appearance outside of a maze environment in Pac-Attack, a fun and quirky puzzle game. This unique entry in the genre puts its own twist on established conventions and adds one of gaming's most iconic characters to the mix. The goal is simple: Keep your screen clear of falling blocks and ghosts by lining up blocks horizontally, causing them to disappear. Clearing the ghosts, though, requires the help of a hungry Pac-Man (who just happens to swing by every so often for a snack). It's up to you to get all of the ghosts lined up for him, because Pac-Man will keep eating them until he is stopped by a block or he runs out of ghosts. In addition, his range of movement on the playing field is limited to horizontal or downward--thus adding further strategy. There are three game modes to choose from: 1 Player Normal, 2 Player VS., and the challenging 1 Player Puzzle. Feel like gobbling up some ghosts?

Riot Zone (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, Rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Tobacco Reference, Violence, 800 Wii Points): Riot Zone is a side-scrolling fighting game that follows two heroes as they fight to take down an evil organization. The crime syndicate Dragon Zone has kidnapped Hawk's girlfriend and it's up to him and his partner detective, Tony, to get her back. Join them as they jump "fists first" into the grim Kowloon district. Play as Hawk or Tony and fight through all five stages in the deadly Kowloon district. Smash down the Dragon Zone goons in areas like the Harbor, Abandoned Warehouse and the Ghetto. Both characters have unique skills and attacks. Hawk is a master of karate, while Tony is a hard-hitter. That being said, both guys are massive and possess killer techniques. The hard-boiled action is enhanced by the game's realistic sound effects.
Also, I bring sad news for all GoldenEye enthusiasts...

http://kotaku.com/344324/goldeneye-xbla-****canning-was-nintendos-fault

From the article:
Kotaku said:
...despite a proposed deal from Microsoft that would have seen not only GoldenEye released on the Virtual Console, but other, unspecified Rare games (Jetpac? Sabre Wulf?) as well.
So not only did Nintendo just lose us GoldenEye, but maybe Perfect Dark, Banjo, Jetpac, and God knows what else.

[NOTE: This is all rumor at this point.]

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Im waiting on the virtual console for super smash bros, Kirby super star, and mario RPG: legend of the sevens stars. Also, was i right about my prediction a couple of posts above?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ah, the Wii... Its so neglected in my house... Until I get Brawl its gonna sit there... Dormant until further notice..

I only have Super Paper Mario, WarioWare, and Rayman on it. SPM is the only one not beaten and we got stuck on it then got bored cause its not like a regular run and gun Mario game that we were used to in my house hold.

-Onyx

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Blackadder: The part about it being Nintendo's fault is the rumor. It's definitely not cmoing (at least, not right now). And yes...probably Bad Fur Day as well, as it's Rare.

@ Yonder: Yep.

Blackadder

Smash Master
@ Blackadder: The part about it being Nintendo's fault is the rumor. It's definitely not cmoing (at least, not right now). And yes...probably Bad Fur Day as well, as it's Rare.
Arrgh!
But it's Bad Fur Day! And awesome! XD

Now, I've just got 3000 Wii points. I've downloaded OOT, Paper Mario, and Kirby's Adventure. I have 500 left.

Should I buy the Wii internet browser, or another game like Metroid or something?
Hmmmmm...

Cless

Smash Champion
They remade Bad Fur Day for the Xbox. I sense mad money being spent by Nintendo if they want to get their Rare 64 games on the VC.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, I bring sad news for all GoldenEye enthusiasts...

http://kotaku.com/344324/goldeneye-xbla-****canning-was-nintendos-fault

From the article:

So not only did Nintendo just lose us GoldenEye, but maybe Perfect Dark, Banjo, Jetpac, and God knows what else.

[NOTE: This is all rumor at this point.]
I call total crap. It was reported not long ago (less than a week) that Goldeneye was to go on XBox live (had been reworked for 4 player online) but was canned due to Nintendo and MS not agreeing to payment methods. And that's fact, not rumour.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Blackadder: Get another game. You'll never use the browser.

@ Mic 128: The 'payment' could involve the games coming out on the VC...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The 'payment' was either a one off sum or a percentage of the sales.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
*rises* The last time I checked here in this thread, there was only 1 Bomberman game... A year later, the fact remains the same.

I am sad. ='(

Juke

Smash Journeyman
*rises* The last time I checked here in this thread, there was only 1 Bomberman game... A year later, the fact remains the same.

I am sad. ='(
There use to be a bomberman online. It was in japanese and for free. Too bad it costs money now =(.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Nintendo continues its recent trend of only offering two titles for download this week via the Virtual Console. Of the titles up for grabs, only one really brings back memories. I can't tell you how much I loved setting my brother on fire with Ken's Dragon Punch and Ryu's new and improved Hadoken.

This week's Virtual Console releases are:
  • Super Street Fighter II (Super NES, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points)
  • Adventures of Lolo 2 (NES, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points)

Cless

Smash Champion
Why do you put Dragon Punch and then Hadouken? I'd download that if it wasn't for the version already on the PS2 which every SF fan should have if they are SF fans.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
The only games I'm waiting for are the original Super Smash Brothers for the N64, and the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Ocarina of Time seems to have been out since the Wii Shop Channel first appeared, and it's about time that majora's mask was playable.

As for Super Smash Brothers, I'm sure I'm not the only one here that's eagerly waiting for the game. I mean, come on, it's the original smash brothers, the game that started it all! Even if you haven't played the original, you should definitely try it if you get a chance. Especially if you're looking forward to playing Brawl.

S2

Smash Lord
I call total crap. It was reported not long ago (less than a week) that Goldeneye was to go on XBox live (had been reworked for 4 player online) but was canned due to Nintendo and MS not agreeing to payment methods. And that's fact, not rumour.
I almost gurantee you that the argument probably ended with Nintendo thinking they would have made more releasing it on VC.

So instead of taking some money and getting it released on LIVE, they chose to simply not let it be released at all.

Chances look slim of anyone getting it in the near future. Doesn't Nintendo own the rights to the game? I assume it'd be easier for them to cut a deal with the Bond licensers to get it released again.

Then again, same point comes up, Nintendo would have to pay out money for the license again.

Things that cost Nintendo money usually don't end up on the VC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom