• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Envy: What don't you like about the game?

(I'm really spamming this thread...I didn't realize it until I looked and saw that every other post for a bit has been mine.)

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I got Sin and Punishment and the game is horrible. I know people are going to hate me and flame me or whatever, but this is just my opinion on the game. I'm so mad right now, I just wasted 1200 Wii shop points on that. *sigh*
The only reason you'd hate it is if you hate rail shooters. If you hate rail shooters, why'd you buy S&P in the first place?

Sandy

Smash Champion
I got Sin and Punishment and the game is horrible.. I'm so mad right now, I just wasted 1200 Wii shop points on that. *sigh*
We're in the same boat bud. Oh and:

This week's Virtual Console releases are:
  • Cybernator (SNES, 1 player, 800 Wii Points)
  • Alien Storm (Sega Genesis, 1 - 2 players, 800 Wii Points)
  • Monster Lair (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 -2 players, 800 Wii Points)

Cless

Smash Champion
I say Saturn, what with Nights and everything on the Wii. How awesome would it be if they did have the Saturn and then released Panzer Dragoon Saga on the VC? Ebay prices plummet lol.

Cless

Smash Champion
That'd be weird though. It'd be like you download a GBC emulator and then play GB and GBC games on it or something.

Virtual Boy!

What? It'd be cool. Blindness-inducing-red-graphics FTW!
It's not blinding without the whole headset and everything.

Gigabyte

Smash Cadet
I wonder what they're gonna get on the 24th...
It's gotta be something good, considering what day it is.
EDIT: Mind you, I'm well aware not everyone celebrates christmas. I was referring to the general holiday season.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Yesterday gave us the following...

Rolling Thunder 2 (Genesis)
DK3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES) ftw
Blades of Steel (NES)

I haven't used the gift feature yet...

Sensai

Smash Master
I haven't used the gift feature yet, but I do plan too; I got my GF a Wii over Christmas and would love to send her some of the original Mario games.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
ZOMG! SSB may be coming out on monday (read it on gamefaqs, so you never know)! Has anyone else heard that? Any reputable sources?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
We have a bunch of games due next monday, either due to the monday or being the last possible 2007 date. Because of the small amount of games per week and the larger number of 2007-due games:

Nintendo is either going to have to have a new years blowout or something
OR
There's going to be some delays/pushbacks

The latter of the two being more likely, it is possible we'll see anticipated games for the VC such as SSB or SMRPG coming on the 31st, but I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up. We'll just have to wait and see...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I haven't used the gift feature yet, but I do plan too; I got my GF a Wii over Christmas and would love to send her some of the original Mario games.
Nothing says "I love you" like Super Mario Bros 3. :cool:

Turbo Hyper Fighters

The later the version, the better.
Up through Super, I agree. That was the last one I played.

ZOMG! SSB may be coming out on monday (read it on gamefaqs, so you never know)! Has anyone else heard that? Any reputable sources?
Hmm, haven't heard anything about that. Any chance I could convince you to post a link?

Sensai

Smash Master
I would highly doubt it coming out next Monday. Perhaps the week before Brawl's released...but not likely next Monday.

Vicious Delicious said:
We have a bunch of games due next monday, either due to the monday or being the last possible 2007 date. Because of the small amount of games per week and the larger number of 2007-due games:

Nintendo is either going to have to have a new years blowout or something
OR
There's going to be some delays/pushbacks

The latter of the two being more likely, it is possible we'll see anticipated games for the VC such as SSB or SMRPG coming on the 31st, but I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up. We'll just have to wait and see...
I'm not sure what you're really meaning to say, but I don't think it was ever made clear which games would come when, nor how many games would come at what time (or in this, by what time).

There WAS something about there being like...'200' VC games online before year's end, but then Reggie said 'around' was implied. Bleh.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I'm still hoping for Majora's Mask on the VC, since I never got to play it on my N64.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm trying to find a game to buy, but I will wait till the VC update tonight before I buy. What my questions are though is this.

Yoshi Story, does it have the Save Feature?
Kid Icarus, is it really as hard as it is? And without the Password feature, is it worth it?
Pokemon Snap, Worth 10 Bucks?
Kirby's Adventure, just for the hell of it, should I get it?
Zelda 1/2. I never played these, can I still call myself a Zelda fan? Or must I get these?

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
I'm still hoping for Majora's Mask on the VC, since I never got to play it on my N64.
I definetly agree, its a great game. And I would absolutly love to see it on VC
I have it for N64 but I dont want to delete the 2 save files since they're my brothers. We can expect it some time this year I hope.

On the wikipedia page for MM, they said it will be on VC sometime soon.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Yoshi Story, does it have the Save Feature?
Kid Icarus, is it really as hard as it is? And without the Password feature, is it worth it?
Pokemon Snap, Worth 10 Bucks?
Kirby's Adventure, just for the hell of it, should I get it?
Zelda 1/2. I never played these, can I still call myself a Zelda fan? Or must I get these?
Don't know about Yoshi Story... but you can "suspend your game" by going back to the wii menu...

Same with Kid Icarus, suspend instead of using passwords, no idea of how hard it is, though

I personally love Pokemon Snap, so it is almost definately worth $10 (even though you could easily beat it within 5 hours)

Kirby's adventure seems like the typical Kirby game, so if you haven't played many and want to get into the series, I'd start with KA (because you can get it for $5)

For the Zelda games, just go to ebay and buy the collectors disc (comes with LOZ, LOZ 2, OoT, MM, a 20 minute demo of WW)

Cless

Smash Champion
Kirby's Adventure is a really good Kirby game. I was surprised.

Yoshi Story should have a save game feature. The original does.

Kid Icarus is pretty hard. The best advice I could give you is take your time. Don't rush through the game. Make sure you get lots of hearts.

Sariku

Smash Master
Hmm... well, I got Pokemon Snap for my working N64. But I like the new feature and I don't want to keep hooking up my N64 to play it...

Yoshi Story I always wanted a solid play through, since I only played it for about 20 minutes when I was 9.

Kid Icarus so I can find out more about Pit, and because people keep telling me it is a great game. But if it isn't very fun, I don't know if I would want it right now. Espicially without the password feature. I don't suspend games, I can only play games in spurts. I play Galaxy, get 10 stars, then get bored of it for days. That's how I work.

I own many Kirby games, the best being Super Star. I don't know why I put that one in the running... Hm.

I only own Star Fox 64 for the Virtual Console... I really need help on what to get. I would get Sonic 3 hands down. I own the game for my working Genesis, along with Sonic and Knuckles, but it is a great game. Only problem is it's far too much. 800 Wii Points for only getting half the game? Psh, only if we get conformation Sonic and Knuckles can affect Sonic 3 by downloading it...

I'm so bad when it comes to shopping, xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom