• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, Kid Icarus is like a more linear Metroid, if that helps. There is a password feature in Kid Icarus. You get one when you die like in Metroid, but I don't know why you don't suspend games. It seems perfect for you. Play for 10 min, hit home and suspend, come back like the game was on pause the whole time. The suspend lasts until you play the game again.

You'll have to decide if 10 bucks is worth sending Wii friends your pics, and less hassle. I wrecked Pokemon Snap when I played it originally, and I have no such desire to do so again. Plus, the 3 best pictures I ever took are stickers on my memory cards.

If you don't own Kirby's Adventure, I would buy it. It's a quality game.

I dunno, I make it my own personal policy not to buy games I already own unless it has serious multiplayer tendencies (Mario Kart 64).

Sariku

Smash Master
I dunno, Kid Icarus is like a more linear Metroid, if that helps. There is a password feature in Kid Icarus. You get one when you die like in Metroid, but I don't know why you don't suspend games. It seems perfect for you. Play for 10 min, hit home and suspend, come back like the game was on pause the whole time. The suspend lasts until you play the game again.

You'll have to decide if 10 bucks is worth sending Wii friends your pics, and less hassle. I wrecked Pokemon Snap when I played it originally, and I have no such desire to do so again. Plus, the 3 best pictures I ever took are stickers on my memory cards.

If you don't own Kirby's Adventure, I would buy it. It's a quality game.

I dunno, I make it my own personal policy not to buy games I already own unless it has serious multiplayer tendencies (Mario Kart 64).
Well as we all know, Kid Icarus doesn't have the Password System in the Virtual Console Version, and I just don't think "suspending" my game when I get bored will work for me. I would want to do something else, not just come back to it later...

That's exactly my point with Pokemon Snap. I WANT TOO, but I don't think it's worth Ten Dollars. Maybe I'm just being a cheap *** since it was a great game, but I don't know...

Well Kirby's Adventure looks the same as Kirby's Dream Land which I own for the Game Boy. Kirby games never seem to vary, that's why I don't REALLY want that one. Plus if I got that, I'd have to get another NES game, which aren't seriously appealing to me.

About what you said in Multiplayer, in Star Fox 64 all Wii Motes have to be connected before the game starts if you choose Multiplayer? Like in Star Fox, if I want to play a 4 Person VS Mode, I have to have Four WiiMotes connected to the Wii before I click on the game. I can't just plug in 4 GameCube controllers and go on. It's really a hassle for me. Is all VC Multiplayer games like that?

I highly, highly recomend Sin & Punishment, Sariku.Uchiha. Although it's $12 it's completely worth it. It's like Starfox 64 - only better. It's one of my favorite Wii games to date.
I don't have the extra 200 right now, xD. And somehow I'm not that huge a fan of Star Fox 64... Probably cause I suck at it right now, xD. It just has to grow on me.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't know. I didn't even know that was the case for multiplayer Wii games. I just got Mario Kart 64 because it's my favorite Mario Kart and a good multiplayer game.

I know all Kirby games are the same, but I still had a lot of fun with that one. I dunno, maybe you played more Kirby game than I did though.

Do the passwords not work for Kid Icarus? It still gives you passwords and everything. I mean it's not that big a deal, but that's weird.

Sariku

Smash Master
I don't know. I didn't even know that was the case for multiplayer Wii games. I just got Mario Kart 64 because it's my favorite Mario Kart and a good multiplayer game.

I know all Kirby games are the same, but I still had a lot of fun with that one. I dunno, maybe you played more Kirby game than I did though.

Do the passwords not work for Kid Icarus? It still gives you passwords and everything. I mean it's not that big a deal, but that's weird.
For the NES Version of Kid Icarus, Nintendo took out the Password system for some odd reason. So it's now a "Start from the beginning. If you lose, you must restart all over again." kind of game. Which I hate :mad:

So are you saying Mario Kart 64 doesn't do what Star Fox does? -is Confused- I wish I knew what game I should get >.<

Cless

Smash Champion
No, I was saying that I didn't know you needed the wiimotes to be previously registered for multiplayer to take effect. I don't know if Mario Kart and Star Fox are the same. I would have to assume that they are. I only played multiplayer once and we were using Classic Controllers.

Well, all I know is, on the VC version of Kid Icarus, they give you passwords when you die and you restart from the beginning of the level you're in. I never really checked the passwords since you can suspend the game indefinitely though.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, I suppose that's enough about Kid Icarus. Which games do you have, and what games do you suggest? I'm still leaning towards Yoshi Story or Zelda 1/Some other Game, MAYBE Sonic 3, but I dont' know..

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, I suppose that's enough about Kid Icarus. Which games do you have, and what games do you suggest? I'm still leaning towards Yoshi Story or Zelda 1/Some other Game, MAYBE Sonic 3, but I dont' know..
I have Mario Kart 64, Super Mario World, Contra III, Toejam and Earl, Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage, Super Mario Bros, Zelda I, Kirby's Adventure, and Kid Icarus.

I don't know why I bought Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros though. Zelda I, I didn't have a copy of at the time, but I got the GCN Zelda Collectors disc since then though.

I'll be back with suggestions after I look at the game list.

Sariku

Smash Master
Sariku, I personally find 1up's Retro Roundup useful in selecting VC purchases. http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3157575 It's a tad out of date (last updated Nov. 5) but it's still useful if you want a quite description of the various games on VC.
I'll look at it. I've been combining Sources like WiisWorld, Wikipedia, IGN, SmashBoards, and MSN Contacts to find one to get...

Well, to round down my thing, these are the possible titles:

• Pokemon Snap
  • Yoshi Story
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Not Likely, I'll Wait Till We Hear About Possible Sonic and Knuckles Connection)
  • Kid Icarus
  • Ice Climber (Very Unlikely)
  • Super Mario 64 (Probably Not, Still Havn't Beat Galaxy)
  • F-Zero X (Yeah... No...)

Cless

Smash Champion
I'll look at it. I've been combining Sources like WiisWorld, Wikipedia, IGN, SmashBoards, and MSN Contacts to find one to get...

Well, to round down my thing, these are the possible titles:

• Pokemon Snap
  • Yoshi Story
  • Legend of Zelda 1
  • Kirby's Adventure (Unlikely)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • Kid Icarus (Unlikely)
  • Ice Climber (Very Unlikely)
  • Super Mario 64 (Probably Not, Still Havn't Beat Galaxy)
  • F-Zero X (Yeah... No...)
Already did Pokemon Snap.

Yoshi Story is ok, but the game is short. Though it does have decent replayability since there are multiple paths you can take.

If you haven't beaten or played The Legend of Zelda, just get it. The game still holds up pretty well today.

Did Kirby.

If you already have Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I wouldn't get this game unless you are super lazy and don't feel like hooking up you're genesis, or you can't find the Sonic Mega Collection for Gamecube.

Did Kid Icarus.

I didn't find Ice Climber to be very fun.

I would get Super Mario 64 if you haven't played it. I enjoyed it more that Galaxy, but both are good.

F-Zero X is a nice alternative to Mario Kart.

Sariku

Smash Master
Already did Pokemon Snap.

Yoshi Story is ok, but the game is short. Though it does have decent replayability since there are multiple paths you can take.

If you haven't beaten or played The Legend of Zelda, just get it. The game still holds up pretty well today.

Did Kirby.

If you already have Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I wouldn't get this game unless you are super lazy and don't feel like hooking up you're genesis, or you can't find the Sonic Mega Collection for Gamecube.

Did Kid Icarus.

I would get Super Mario 64 if you haven't played it. I enjoyed it more that Galaxy, but both are good.

F-Zero X is a nice alternative to Mario Kart.
I'm thinking about getting two NES Games. Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Legend of Zelda... Those are the ones that really stick out to me. Zelda is probably a Will Get, since I never played the first and beat all the 3D Ones. After that I can get Zelda 2 next time I buy games, and finally Zelda 3 for the SNES. I have it, but the Super Nintendo's Save Feature is sooo clunky, I never beat it cause my data kept disappearing.

Yoshi Story is another Solid choice for me though. I'm really looking into that game because I loved Yoshi's Island, and this, while not as good I hear, just looks really fun.

Bomberman is standing out to me though. It looks really fun to play, though it's worth 600 Wii Points, I wouldn't be able to get anything else...

Does anyone know officialy when SUper Mario RPG is comin out?
From my Knowledge, it was only a Rumor Nintendo said it will be out soon. Except Super Smash Bros. or something before that, but hey. You never know.

Sariku

Smash Master
Has anyone tried the Virtual Console Archive. It seems to have lots good ideas of what games to play. If everyone knows of it then its nothing new.
But heres the link anyway:
http://www.vc-reviews.com/

Anyone think they will put the Banjo games on VC?
Nintendo owns the games. Not Rare. Rare may own the Franchise, but they can't stop Nintendo from doing whatever they want with the Banjo Franchise. So... Banjo CAN come to the VC.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Nintendo owns the games. Not Rare. Rare may own the Franchise, but they can't stop Nintendo from doing whatever they want with the Banjo Franchise. So... Banjo CAN come to the VC.
No, think of it like you're writing a book. You need a publisher to make money off of it, so you run to one, have them print the books, etc. The publisher does not own your work--assuming you aren't under contract--you can do whatever you want with it.

Sariku

Smash Master
No, think of it like you're writing a book. You need a publisher to make money off of it, so you run to one, have them print the books, etc. The publisher does not own your work--assuming you aren't under contract--you can do whatever you want with it.
Maybe in books, but I don't know where I read this. It did give valid reasons why games like Banjo can come to the Virtual Console. Shame I can't really remember them.

It might be similiar to the reasons Wave Race 64's banners changed to Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS Banners.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded Legend of the Mystical Ninja on X-Mas and I completely fell in love with the game. The humor is superb, the graphics are gorgeous, it has co-op and the music is perfect.

Anyone else have it?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
i would love to see banjo, but i think the issue is that nintendo distributes the game, but it is the intellectual property of the developers isnt it? unless it is a first party game, i dont think nintendo owns any part of banjo. and isnt there a banjo coming out for the 360? i think i saw a trailer on gametrailers.

Sensai

Smash Master
Made it to the last page and I'm here to throw in my 2 cents on the games that Sariku.Uchiha wants:

Pokemon Snap - I don't know, honestly. I never played the original for a very long amount of time and haven't downloaded it for the Wii yet (although I probably will). From what I've heard, it's a good game...I'm like you guys, though: I'm not sure it's worth 10 bucks.

Yoshi Story - This is the 64 one, right? If so, then it DOES NOT have the suspend feature. I remember playing this one on the 64...it's really short. I remember kinda feeling ripped off for paying all that I did for it, although for 10 bucks it probably wouldn't be too bad.

Legend of Zelda - If you've never played this game, you should definitely get it. It's an amazing, open ended game that is actually pretty challenging. If you haven't played this game, then you're just uncultured when it comes to Nintendo. :-D

Kirby's Adventure - I have this (and the above, for that matter) on my NES that is hooked up right below my Wii. It's a truly amazing game. But, like you said, it's a Kirby game...just like every other Kirby game (except SuperStar, which is AMAZING). Buy it if you're into that kinda thing.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Go do yourself a favor and spend an extra few bucks and just buy the Sonic Mega Collection for the GC.

Kid Icarus - Is at LEAST as hard as everyone says it is. I have the game and love it to death, but it's definitely a difficult game. I enjoy the harshness (I love Contra, too), but if you're not one who enjoys being beaten up a lot, then I would avoid it. It does use the same 'engine' (layout?) as the original Metroid game. If you have both of them, or one of them, you should be able to tell fairly well what the other's like...except Kid Icarus is harder.

Ice Climber - I would avoid. I don't own it, but I have played it before and I got pretty bored with it...

Super Mario 64 - If you don't have this on the 64, then I'd buy it. If you DO have it on the 64...then, if for some reason, you get that craving you can plug it in and play. I'd avoid if you already have it.

F-Zero X - I own this game too, and it's one of those games that I might skip over buying if I had the chance again. It's fun, sure, but it's just racing...something that doesn't really float my boat. If you could, get the original SNES one; it's much better.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Sensai! My review on your review :)

Pokemon Snap: I remember playing it at the age of 13 and lovin it. That game is adictive and (if you don't cheat) it's hard to discover all pokes of the scenario. Poke fan or not, buy it.

Yoshi's Story: This game is extremely short, yes, but very fun to play. It's really worth the 10 bucks Sensai.

The legend of Zelda: buy buy buy buy (sorry, I was thinking about me, a zelda "fan" lol). Ehem... buy buy buy buy

Kirby's Adventure: Just wait for Nintendo's 64 one.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3: what you said.

Kid Icarus: Just google it on you tube, it's 5 bucks less expensive and you have the same feeling.

Ice Climber: A classic. It's very fun 'till you get to the second level.

Super Mario 64: this game is very long. It's cheap for 10 bucks. So If you didn't played it, the but it now! you won't regret.

F-Zero X: Fun, fast and cheap. The best racing game for N64 (after Mario Kart)

Bonus!

Star Fox 64: So many battles, side stories, enemies and more enemies, you just can't get enough of this game. If you don't know were to spend the next 10 bucks, go Star Fox!

Blackadder

Smash Master
PAL got Harvest Moon on Snes today.
Ahh. So it DOES update fridays for us then.
I'll be buying a truck load of VC games soon. I plan on gettin' OOT, to make up for my sin of (GASP) never playing it before!!

Then Kirby's Adventure, 'cause I adore the game. And all the DK County games. And all the Mario Brothers games. And the early Metroid games.

Thank God I have Sonic Mega Collection plus. It's saved me all hell now.

After that, I sit and wait. Wait Majora's Mask. And for the brilliant Conker's Bad Fur Day (Come on, admit it, you KNOW the Xbox one sucks...) And Goldeneye, to make up for my sin of not playing THAT ever either. O'course, this is hoping that Rare games will be made into VC emulations. :(

Knickknacks

Smash Journeyman
Man i hope they add goldeneye soon. btw i dont know if its already posted(too lazy to browse all the pages :p), what do you guys think of Sin and Punishment and Mario:Lost levels?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Wait. Blackadder. You never played Ocarina of Time? Not even on Gamecube? You are missing out.
So eveyone keeps telling me! XD
I've seen friends play it, of course, but not much other than that, really. I have it on emu, but didn't get past the Deku Tree for..reasons.

The Wii will change this, dammit!

Also, the Redeads scared me when I was little. :(

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
So eveyone keeps telling me! XD
I've seen friends play it, of course, but not much other than that, really. I have it on emu, but didn't get past the Deku Tree for..reasons.

The Wii will change this, dammit!

Also, the Redeads scared me when I was little. :(
You aren't the only one who was scared by the redeads. They look so stupid now that I'm older and graphics are better.

Cless

Smash Champion
Redeads scared me too. ****, FF7 scared me at points when I was little. I'd be looking forward to MM and Conker's Bad Fur Day on the VC if I didn't have them already. I have far too many games.

Blackadder

Smash Master
You aren't the only one who was scared by the redeads. They look so stupid now that I'm older and graphics are better.
Heh, they where full on Nighmare Fuel when I first saw 'em.
Their screaming didn't help either. Or the sad backdrop they were in. And the fact that I assume they where the animated corpses of the townspeople from before.

...Not that I'm still scared, of course. :(:p

Cless

Smash Champion
I never let myself get killed by them. I ran through the square as fast as I could, and wrecked them as fast as I could everywhere else.

Cless

Smash Champion
Oh, I destroyed Ganon. It's funny though. My friend didn't know you had to kill him with the Master Sword, so it took him a while to beat him. I loved it when the red blood flew out of his face, not the green. Red blood flies out in the Gold version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom