• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
Only game that's worth mentioning today for me is Golden Axe 3.
I WANT KIRBY SUPER STAR ALREADY!

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm officially speed running the Lost Levels...I can beat it in about 20 minutes or so. The record's like...10.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently considering buying Breath of Fire 2. Sad thing they don't put more rpg games there. I like those, particulary the old japanese ones.

Sensai

Smash Master
It makes a huge difference in games such as Zelda and RE4, etc....but for VC games it makes little difference.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Posible info from Edge about getting a VC type setup for Gameboy games on DS.

In addition to reporting exciting (but unofficial) new details regarding Animal Crossing on Wii, Edge magazine has claimed in its latest issue that the arrival of an official Nintendo DS flash card is "imminent."

The device, said to rely on similar technologies to those that run rampant throughout the pirate and homebrew scenes, will apparently launch initially with the ability to store and play past Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, which Nintendo will sell in similar style to its Virtual Console titles on Wii.

Edge also stated, "Compared to the slightly vague WiiWare proposition, this has the possibility to revolutionise homebrew development – at least in terms of distribution and the possibility of mainstream success – but how far the notoriously controlling Japanese giant will allow that community the creative freedom it requires to flourish will only be seen in practice."

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I've got orcarina of time and paper mario so far i have 2000 pnts left im gunna get star fox 64 but what else shud i get? what awesome game coud i buy for 1000 pnts or less in other words.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I've got orcarina of time and paper mario so far i have 2000 pnts left im gunna get star fox 64 but what else shud i get? what awesome game coud i buy for 1000 pnts or less in other words.
Punch Out, Mario 1, Mario Lost Levels, Mario 2, Mario World, Super Metroid, Street Fighter, Bomberman '93.

For great multiplayer, go with Bomberman. For awesome single player, go with Super Metroid. Mario 1 is just fun, and Lost Levels will make you cry out of frustration (that's a good thing).

Brisk

Smash Rookie
Sin and Punishment is an awesome, obscure N64 game which wasn't released outside of Japan. It's pretty much an anime-inspired rail shooter, except you can dodge, roll, jump and stuff. No multiplayer, but the single player is fun enough if you're somehow not interested in getting any of the old Mario games.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wasn't Lost Levels, and all the other Hanabi Month games only available for that week only?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
My first ten minutes of Lost Levels was like that video of Mario Frustration on youtube, where the guy's comments are the only redeeming factor (worth a watch if you haven't seen it, it's long though.)

When it was all new and different I struggled, I even stopped for a while, but I did alost better on my second attempt. top notch game in my oppinion.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Wow, I would hate to buy a card, and get home, and someone already put in the code >_>
Has that ever worked for you?

What would be sweet, is if they released Mario Forever for the VC.

Sensai

Smash Master
Megaman IS up...in either Europe or Japan. Can't remember.

Contra IS up...at least Contra 3 is. And one more, but can't remember it.

And Chrono Trigger isn't up there 'cause it's SquareEnix. They believe that people still want a hard copy of their media.

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I would hate to buy a card, and get home, and someone already put in the code >_>
Has that ever worked for you?

What would be sweet, is if they released Mario Forever for the VC.
The cards are only activated once scanned in the store, so the chances of someone typing in the code, between the time you go from the store to home, is pretty slim.

Sensai

Smash Master
I have the one from Super Mario Bros. All Stars, or whatever it was called....

...but I sadly don't have my SNES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom