• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
0_0

TMNT and Starfox? Was this announced? Is this a post April fools make up for...not having one or something? I don't know, tell me! I'm going to die!

:'D

PS: Yes, SSB should and most likely soon will come out on Wii (not soon as in weeks, but within the next few months maybe?). Oh, and at Khanczar: Get Kirby. Trust me, you'll love it. Never owned a kirby game (played crystal shards, pretty different), but you will not be disappointed.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Wrestling isn't really my forte....*that's what it is right? xo*

Man, nintendo is doing great....I just wish there was some sort of price drop like after time (or for all of them :D)

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Man SF64 is one of my fav. games of all time, man I need Wii points BAD...
As do we all....

Man, each time I get points I always end up with 400 points, taunting me, laughing at my failure to get one more game..... :(

Sensai

Smash Master
Here's a link to the games releaesd today, if you couldn't tell from his earlier post.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/02/vc-monday-madness-star-fox-64-and-more/

Starfox 64
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES, 600 points)
Dragon's Curse

I dunno about downloading any this week....I might give Dragon's Curse a run through, but I wanna see some screens/reviews first.

And I don't want Smash 64 unless it's got online multiplayer. :-D

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Here's a link to the games releaesd today, if you couldn't tell from his earlier post.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/02/vc-monday-madness-star-fox-64-and-more/

Starfox 64
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES, 600 points)
Dragon's Curse

I dunno about downloading any this week....I might give Dragon's Curse a run through, but I wanna see some screens/reviews first.

And I don't want Smash 64 unless it's got online multiplayer. :-D
Star Fox 64 is out? All right! I'd better buy some Wii points and get it!

Skywalker

Space Jump
I want a Link to Past so badly.

The prices are incredibly steep, so I made myself buy one N64 game (Ocarina) and two NES games (one of which is boring) because all my points would even out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
GoldenEye is propery of RARE so don't count on it.
Me from PALGN.com.au said:
UK developer Rare has spoken out on the prospect of Goldeneye 007 coming to the Wii's Virtual Console service, and has revealed that the idea shouldn't be completely dismissed. In a Q&A feature on the Rareware official website, the developer was asked about whether we'd ever see the sumptuous 1997 shooter (and the game our readers voted as the second-best ever) on the Virtual Console.

Said Rare: "The only Rare-developed title on Virtual Console right now is the original Donkey Kong Country, and unofficially there's a strong likelihood that its sequels will follow. But the Donkey Kong series of games is a Nintendo-owned franchise starring an established Nintendo character, whereas something like Banjo isn't (and even Diddy Kong Racing is less clear-cut), so it's nowhere near as easy to call.

"Especially when you also consider the existence of Xbox Live Arcade. So right now, the best answer we can offer (for either download service) is 'it's possible'."

Horribly vague, but IT COULD STILL HAPPEN ZOMG. In another answer in the same feature, the developer explained that Goldeneye was "caught up in a convoluted web of rights," yet that, "doesn't mean it won't happen, just that a lot of people with a lot of different perspectives are involved."
. .

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh Mic, we do appreciate your attempt at coaxing them, but I have to instill doubt in their hearts even more.

The James Bond license is not Rare or Nintendo (can't remember who it is...), but that means that not only would Rare have to agree, but said other company would have to jump on, too.

So, you have two more companies on board for this sale. The price would go up, probably to about 15 bucks or so...

Given, if it had online multiplayer, I'd pick it up in a second.

freddy 22

Smash Rookie
So far I downloaded Golden Axe and I have also downloaded this weird game called Toe Jam and Earl. It is weird but hilarious to play with a friend.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I also have golden axe. I played it with a friend for a while but then found it boring.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
That's cool that StarFox64 is out. I'm sure my friends would like to get ahold of that awesome game (I already own it for N64). And for those who think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be a breeze, forget it. I own it for NES and still have yet to beat it. That game if freaking DIFFICULT!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm still waiting for Super Mario RPG. It was one of the first games to get a rating but still hasn't shown up. I think the prices need to be lowered, I know they won't be and judging from TMNT the only place they'll go is up. I haven't bought a lot of VC games but I'm always left with this "I spent money on that" feeling. Ah well, at least there not too high.

Sensai

Smash Master
Chill said:
I'm still waiting for Super Mario RPG. It was one of the first games to get a rating but still hasn't shown up.
With you there, mate.

I also somewhat agree with your ideas on pricing. I'm glad that they're charging a flat rate for most games depending on console (as opposed to paying 2 bucks for some shoddy N64 game and paying 20 for OoT), but I also think it's just a little absurd. It costs next to nothing for them to put it up there, so why charge this much for them?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I got loads of wii cards for christmas so as of now i have Zelda, Super Mario, Sonic,Bomberman '93(so fun with friends!), Mario Kart 64, and Legends of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Starfox,SSB, the Mario Parties 1-3,and Banjo Kazooie are my hopefuls.

Skywalker

Space Jump
With you there, mate.

I also somewhat agree with your ideas on pricing. I'm glad that they're charging a flat rate for most games depending on console (as opposed to paying 2 bucks for some shoddy N64 game and paying 20 for OoT), but I also think it's just a little absurd. It costs next to nothing for them to put it up there, so why charge this much for them?
If the Virtual Console helps the prices for Wii games stay low, then I am willing to pay a little extra. Just stay away from Kid Icarus games that don't stand the test of time, unless they're nostalgic. :)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
All of my purchases leave me with weird sums left over, i think the cost of everything needs to be reconsidered. It seems like everytime me or my friend end up at like 400 or something stupid..

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
If the Virtual Console helps the prices for Wii games stay low, then I am willing to pay a little extra. Just stay away from Kid Icarus games that don't stand the test of time, unless they're nostalgic. :)
I think Kid Icarus stands the test of time, although I am sick of dying over and over again, and can understand the temptation to want to commit suicide after playing it for too long.

In otherwords, KI is great, but unbelievably hard. Congrats for beating it Sensai. ( I think it was you who said you beat it. If not oh well.)

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, I did beat it.

That game was actually really REALLY difficult, but then I leveled up about 3 times in one level. It got much easier after that.

Until the last boss, which was fairly difficult still. Either way though, I'd say it was worth the time and the money. Given, if you don't enjoy harder games, then you should stay away from it. FAR away. Like, don't even look in the NES section.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
all i want for VC is Bomberman 64. That is my favorite game of all time, hands down.

sure once this comes out ill consider others games, but Bomberman has my heart for now.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^true dat. I play BM64 all the time with my friends. I enjoy it almost as much as current gen games.

Sensai

Smash Master
I loved that game so much...

So much in fact that one time I kicked and screamed and pleaded for it for Christmas. Enough, in fact, so that my parents bought me the OTHER Bomberman game on the 64.

It was still good, but the thing I really enjoyed about the first one was the ability to customize the look of the character. Second one didn't have that.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hey... you guys didn't ever say you liked Bomberman 64 that much. Where have you been all my life?

Although seriously hoping that Bomberman 64 or Second Attack seems unlikely at this point in time, you gotta wonder what the first game for the N64 will be released that doesn't feature a character from Smash Bros. Though I wouldn't mind playing Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards or the original Paper Mario by the end of the month!

...I never actually owned any Bomberman games, so ever since I heard of the Virtual Console, I've been kicking and screaming every now and then in moderate bursts.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
Hey... you guys didn't ever say you liked Bomberman 64 that much. Where have you been all my life?

Although seriously hoping that Bomberman 64 or Second Attack seems unlikely at this point in time, you gotta wonder what the first game for the N64 will be released that doesn't feature a character from Smash Bros. Though I wouldn't mind playing Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards or the original Paper Mario by the end of the month!

...I never actually owned any Bomberman games, so ever since I heard of the Virtual Console, I've been kicking and screaming every now and then in moderate bursts.
i loved bomberman 64 it was so fun! the battle mutiplayer was so **** fun and funny. it was also quite hard on HARD cuz of the time limits.

len1

Smash Journeyman
i want lylat wars so bad.
shame we cant get pc engine/turbografx games in aus or i would have gotten bomberman 93 by now

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The Super Bomberman games are also something I can look forward too. Any Bomberman game would make me happy, really. It's the first game on the SNES to feature 4-player, such a historic game! And many people like me never got to play 4-player on an SNES before. So simple, so fun...

I've been infected with OBSESSION.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm hoping that the 64 version of Paper Mario comes out on Monday. It would make sense, as Super Paper Mario is coming out on that same day.

I don't think it'll happen, as it hasn't been shown on the ESRB...but it could. And I'd snap it up.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I'm hoping that the 64 version of Paper Mario comes out on Monday. It would make sense, as Super Paper Mario is coming out on that same day.
Really? Wow, I should kept track of that.

Anyway, I haven't heard anything about any new N64 games coming soon...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There isn't much of interest, really. Shining Force I is finally out, but I need II, since my SFI works fine and doesn't erase itself like my SFII did. I own Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time(who doesn't), Star Fox 64, and Mario Kart 64(rediculously easy to conquer), so the n64 collection currently sucks. SF64 and MK64 were good choices but the other two are very easy to get.

I'm still waiting for Quest 64, Ogre Battle 64, Ogre Battle: Lord of High Calibur(is that the exact name of it?) and Majora's Mask, as the other rpgs I have or don't care about.(happens to be both, heh)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 should have already been out, IMO. As for the whole Sonic & Knuckles thing...I wonder how they'll do it, truthfully. I'm guessing they'll just release it like in the Mega Collection where they're seperate games.(in a sense, they mostly are)

I could care less about TurboGraphx 16 games, really. They're just eh to me.

A Link to the Past(which I don't own the original) is of interest, but until a SECOND game of interest comes out, I won't download anything. SFI isn't good enough. I want SMRPG, as well as Mario Party 1-3, and hopefully Mortal Kombat 4 and Mythologies-SubZero. But that's just me.

Sensai

Smash Master
HyperFalcon said:
Oh God. Just thinking about that game makes me wanna...do something bad.

And I like the TGX16 games. I never got a chance to play them when they were around, so I've been pleasently surprised with 'em.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
bomberman 64 the second attack is one of my all time favorite games...but everyone i have every showed it to/played it with has hated it. except for my 9 year old cousin, who thought pommy was the cutest thing in the world. i hope they release it on the vc. my other wish games for top 3 are perfect dark (greatest game ever) and super mario rpg (come on, do i have to explain?). if those came out, id be happy. (although it wouldnt hurt to throw in either tetris attack on snes or pokemon puzzle league on n64...man i used to have so much fun owning people.)

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Isn't that game also bound by the chains of Rare's property? When I found out that Conker wasn't in Diddy Kong Racing DS, I felt pretty certain that his games wouldn't make it to the VC (same for Banjo). Still disappointed...

Anyway, I think it's pretty cool that Hudson and Nintendo worked together to bring TG games to the Wii. Maybe it's all part of their grand master plan, to become an ally with Nintendo, and to swiftly add one of the characters from their universe into Brawl when the time is ripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom