• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah there's that one Zelda game for one of the Game Boys that I never played, but now I need to. Aha, you would probably be interested to see Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! for the GB. See, if Bomberman makes it to Brawl, it can further continue the rivalry they once shared. I can see it on Bomberman's trophy or whatever: "...Despite all his intergalactic adventures, he's had problems with characters such as Wario in the past..."

I'd like to see Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble in there too. :) Just to see how it works.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

That would require work on Nintendo's part, and as far as I've seen concerning the VC, they don't want any of that at all.

And I wonder which games will come out tomorrow.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yeah there's that one Zelda game for one of the Game Boys that I never played, but now I need to. Aha, you would probably be interested to see Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! for the GB. See, if Bomberman makes it to Brawl, it can further continue the rivalry they once shared. I can see it on Bomberman's trophy or whatever: "...Despite all his intergalactic adventures, he's had problems with characters such as Wario in the past..."

I'd like to see Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble in there too. :) Just to see how it works.
You know, I heard that Nintendo was going to make a sequel to Kirby Tilt n' Tumble, but didn't seeing as the first one wasn't successful.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Same thing that I heard.

And nope, Ocarina of Time isn't in 60fps. I downloaded it today with my new online account. Sensai, I'm adding you. ^.^

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
While we're on the subject... Games in FireBomb's N64 library that should be on the VC:

Mario Party 1, 2, and 3 (3 is the best imo)
Yoshi's Story
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Tennis
Zelda: Majora's Mask
F-Zero X
Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie (:cry:)
Why isn't SSB on the top of ur list?
Here's my list:
N64:
SSB
Starfox 64
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 1, 2, 3
SNES:
Battletoads ( awsome game )
Killer Instinct
and that's pretty much it

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
tecmo bowl, sonic spinball, and double dungeons today.

I have Sonic Spinball already, really fun (if not interesting) game. Or, I remember it as being a fun game.

Uberedit: does anyone see Metal gear NES as a possibility?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Dude, it's fricken sweet. It's my first time playing as well, and you will not be dissapointed.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Is the online service working for anyone else?

My Nintendo WiFi USB adapter sends out signals perfectly, but I constantly get this error message saying that my IP address couldn't be traced. It worked fine yesterday.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hm, my connection is working fine. I finally got my own connection that I can use within my own house so I'm happy.

I also own Sonic Spinball for the ol Genesis. It's fun, tho I wonder why they highlighted Tecmo Bowl on the Wii Shop main menu and not Spinball...

Hey, also don't let little cousins poke in your Wii functions. Apparently, I now have Super Mario 64 on more than one system. How do they figure these things out...? Oh well, I guess I should be happy they at least picked a good game. It WAS my first N64 experince, so maybe it's like filling a quota. Or fate.

Sensai

Smash Master
Skywalker, I have that problem also, only difference is that I'm using a wireless router. I don't think it makes a difference, though.

Is the error code 052030? Or something like that? If it is, you're probably going to have to access your router's page and change the channel from 6 to either 1 or 11.

I do it all the time...but yet, it still wants to **** out on me. And I'll add you back. PM me your digits!

And Sonic Spinball's a weird, quirky game. I remember it being REALLY choppy, but also incredibly difficult. I never beat it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Splatterhouse, Beyond Oasis, and ExciteBike are the things you'll be able to pick up today.

I'm leaving for a vacation, so I won't post anything specific about any of them, except that Beyond Oasis and Splatterhouse are fan favorites, and you already know what ExciteBike is.

Beyond Oasis is Genesis
Splatterhouse is TG16
ExciteBike....seriously, GTFO.

I got the first two, having played ExciteBike to death in Animal Crossing.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Dang Sensai, it seems like you pick up at least one game every Mon.

How close are you to filling up your channels? I have 2 full pages.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Splatterhouse, Beyond Oasis, and ExciteBike are the things you'll be able to pick up today.

I'm leaving for a vacation, so I won't post anything specific about any of them, except that Beyond Oasis and Splatterhouse are fan favorites, and you already know what ExciteBike is.

Beyond Oasis is Genesis
Splatterhouse is TG16
ExciteBike....seriously, GTFO.

I got the first two, having played ExciteBike to death in Animal Crossing.
So finally, Excitebike arrives. I'd get it, along with more, but I don't have any Wii Points.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Freaking... ugh why didn't Excitebike appear on mine? And I thought today was going to be a waste.

Beyond Oasis kinda intrigued me. I read the description and realized that the spirits name, Efreet, has been around for a long time. Those kind of Action RPGs get to me, but I can't freely get as many games as Sensai does...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
For some reason it doesn't appear under newest additions.

You have to go to the NES folder, and it will be there.

Zink

Smash Champion
Military Madness... it is indeed quite mad...
There's a lot of neat features an FE fan would appreciate, and it makes a nice step into that genre, but there isn't a whole lot of game. It's also quite difficult.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
I really want metal gear and goldeneye... two great games I never got to play.

The only games I have now are super mario brothers (PWN) and a link to the past (also PWN.) I have 700 more points, so does anyone have a suggestion for a game?

Sensai

Smash Master
I pick up every other Monday or so, probably less. From the looks of things, you have more games then I do.

I have OoT, Splatterhouse, Bomberman, Dungeon Explorers, Kid Icarus, Beyond Oasis, and Gunstar.

7 games. And I think I still have 1200 or so memory....thingies. I still have $25 + left on my Wii, so I'm thinking about picking up Super Ghouls 'n' Goblins, I hear it's *****IN' hard; Actraiser, if it ever releases; and the game I mention below, if anyone knows anything about it.

In the new Nintendo Power magazine, they list Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV as being released on the Virtual Console. I've heard good things about this series, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Is it like Fire Emblem at all, or is it (and this is a stretch, thinking some of you might know what this is) like Nobonagu's Ambition II? I really like NA2, but no one's ever heard of it.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Kid Icarus DOES NOT stand the test of time. It's enjoyable in small bursts, but I shouldn't have spent 500 points. >.>

OoT looks much sharper on the Wii. It's a shame really, because I'm addicted to that game. Currently stuck in the
Shadow
Temple at the room with spike walls closing in.

EDIT: Just looked on GameFAQs. Thanks though, Khanczar.
EDIT 2:
Bongo Bongo
was effin' awesome.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I pick up every other Monday or so, probably less. From the looks of things, you have more games then I do.

I have OoT, Splatterhouse, Bomberman, Dungeon Explorers, Kid Icarus, Beyond Oasis, and Gunstar.

7 games. And I think I still have 1200 or so memory....thingies. I still have $25 + left on my Wii, so I'm thinking about picking up Super Ghouls 'n' Goblins, I hear it's *****IN' hard; Actraiser, if it ever releases; and the game I mention below, if anyone knows anything about it.
Meh... I do have more than you. It just seems like you're really enthusiastic about a lot of the games I've never heard of, I suppose I just assumed you picked those up.

I've been wrong a lot lately.

:urg:

Sensai

Smash Master
^^

Not in my book. <3!

And I'm just excited about the games I get. I usually only get games that I know are good, or I know will be good, or I know had some type of influence in the gaming world.

And once again:
Sensai said:
In the new Nintendo Power magazine, they list Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV as being released on the Virtual Console. I've heard good things about this series, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Is it like Fire Emblem at all, or is it (and this is a stretch, thinking some of you might know what this is) like Nobonagu's Ambition II? I really like NA2, but no one's ever heard of it.
[Edit:]

So go figure. That game I was talking about came out today. It was the ONLY game that came out today....I'll probably end up picking it up.

len1

Smash Journeyman
i heard on the nintendo forums that if australians change their region to UK they get turbo grafx games added to their lineup anyone know if its true?
if it is i might change mine to uk if they get titles we dont(provided those titles are ones i want)
W00T! 255th post

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hmm.... So Zelda II on the NES is schedueled (can't spell) to come out soon, as well as an old favorite of mine, Vectorman. Both are pretty solid games, I hope to pick them both up eventually.

Man, they already are going to have 4 Zelda games on the VC. Either they hold off Majora's Mask for a long time, or they release it as soon as May.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm just going to post my post from the actual Wii Thread concerning VC news...

Sensai said:
Here are some VC games due out sometime soon...

Bravoman 600
Bonk's Revenge
Battle Lode Runner
Shockman 600

Below are other area's VC lists. The reason I post about European and Japanese VC is in hopes that it will be here shortly, so if you're truly not interested, then don't worry about looking.

Japanese VC games for the month of April:

Punch Out
Elevator Action
Final Soldier
Milon’s Secret Castle
Gradius 2
Ninja Gaiden
Final Fight
Kirby Bowl (Kirby’s Dream Course)
Hercules no Eikou III
Star Fox 64
Rent a Hero
Puyo Puyo Tsuu
Pulseman
Bahamut Senki
PC Genjin 2 (Bonk’s Revenge)
Narazumono Sentou Butai: Bloody Wolf
Syubibin Man 2
Benkei Gaiden
PC Denjin (Air Zonk)

European VC games for today (Friday):

Punch Out
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Dragon Curse

ALSO, a question/observation for anyone who's purchased Military Madness:
On 9. February, 2007, we released an updated version of the TurboGrafx-16 game, “Military Madness”,
which was originally released for the Wii Virtual Console on December 22, 2006.
This update was to improve some of the aspects of the game to make it even closer to the original.

Customers who have already purchased “Military Madness” for the Wii Virtual Console are able to download the updated version free of cost.
Customers are able to use their current Save Data with the updated version and will be able to continue playing where they left off.
What happened? Is there any difference at all? Or what?

[Edit:]

Oh, one more also. WalMart AND Toys 'R' Us will be having Wiis in stock this Sunday. Figured I'd include this for anyone who happens ot have not managed to grab one thus far.

It looks like every Walmart will have a minimum of 7 per store...

len1

Smash Journeyman
zelda 2 is already on there i thnk it went there sometime in february(?)

Knightblade

Smash Cadet
I really want metal gear and goldeneye... two great games I never got to play.

The only games I have now are super mario brothers (PWN) and a link to the past (also PWN.) I have 700 more points, so does anyone have a suggestion for a game?
yeah if those two come out, i'm so gonna download them i mean i beat them both a long time back but they are some of the best classics, there is a rumor that when they release goldeneye, its going to have online multiplayer, so i can hope :chuckle:

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Do you know how many freakin' hoops Nintendo's going to have to jump through to get Goldeneye on the VC? I wouldn't really count on it...and then online multiplayer? Pshaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom