• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wi-fi Thread and The Sonic Finder. Updated 4/07

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
GGs Infzy It was a little laggy off and on but over all pretty good. How was it on your end? You seemed have some trouble with spacing when we fought so I was wondering if you were being handicapped by lag?
Because I know I can't play in it,at all lol

There were a few times where I was in a poor position while recovering that you didn't capitalize on. We both got to watch when we spring and dair lol
[color=1f1f1]spinshot moar lulz[/color]

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol yea thanks for the matches..... yeah spacing was deffo a problem, I dunno how you can play so well in the lag. idk I played better when I was concentrating on just making decisions about a second in advance, like just based on assumptions rather than waiting to capitalize on actual mistakes or opportunities. Ergh that's annoying tho....... but I guess it's the way wifi is meant to be played :urg:

But I was deffo also falling into predictable habits, soo... yea idk :) thanks for the matches, anyway.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Yep,thats exactly what you have to do. lol
Just think ahead and play on habits instead of punishing the character's moveset,because trying to just punish move lag,you likely won't make it in time on lagfi. T_T

In a way this sorta helps with our ability to read and predict what our opponents do. Screws up spacing though..

I'm betting the lag was more one sided tonight than usual and it just happened to be you who got stuck in it this time. There are other people I play that suffer the same thing. Though alot of the time it's me stuck in it instead of them lol In heavy lag I can't even beat spam scrubsXD Hopefully it'll be more even next time.

*sigh* my internet sux

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran17
Name: Cyrus
Brawl Tag(s): Teran, Sex!
Brawl FC: 3909-9390-1718
AIM: Teran9017

Don't **** me too hard pl0x.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Since when did you main Sonic O_o?
Your icon :O.
Sonic is broken.
Besides, I don't play Bawrl seriously anymore, but Sonic is so awesome and fun that I don't fully quit and play Melee.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Horray, weekend smashing paid off~

Good games. I had a total blast playing you. As always.

[EDIT]

You gotta watch out for the Spin Dash jumping when you rush my shield; I kept on getting KO's with a bair. LOL

Sh4dey

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coming
Sorry for the dumb question but..uh..How does this thread work? Do you just call out a challenge to somebody and (sonic) boom there I go?... Or do I give my info to someone and they post it, and then just hope for someone to challenge me?

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Give someone like CitH your info, they'll add it to the list for reference if someone does go looking for a challenge. Once you put your info up for people?

Just ask for a challenge, like, "Hey, someone wanna play?" And usually someone's gonna answer the call. Pretty simple, really.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
im just some Ike main thats trying to get a game...ill be available after 10 pm est today if anyone wants to play i need to get better i want to play someone whoes actually good not someone who takes advantage of a laggy connection...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
EC = East Coast

NY = New York

You're both from New York!

ggs guys.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Boxob, if you're still online, I wanna play you.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Haha poor guy, none of us hardly play Wi-Fi anymore after we got tired of it and now that most of us frequently go to in-person tourneys.

Top Bottom