• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wi-fi Thread and The Sonic Finder. Updated 4/07

Veen.

Plant. Water. Chop.
NNID
VeenStache711
If anyone feels like playing, I probably can for about 30 minutes.

Edit: Ok, I've got about 30 more minutes...lol.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
I kept getting caught up in your aerial game. i can see your Sonic's playstyle, and it seems to be quite effective. It was fun brawling with you, man. i am MAD tired, though. Cat, just keep at it, and it will come back naturally. :)
you are the freaking Cat in the freaking Hat.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Dangit I had to brawl someone else who was very very good, why did my Marth get owned by Jiggs? Why!??

Oh yeah cuz I suck with Marth. Cheese

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Not really I was tired then and now I'm about spent. D:

I'll play a couple though ^^;

give me your screen name and I'll make an account. My aim is no longer accurate as I had to factory restore my laptop.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Send an IM to either my MSN or AIM, listed under my posts. Doesn't matter really.

I have Adium, a universal IM program so I'm on everything but my Yahoo on a regular basis.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I had a ton of fun, save for the random slow downs, that was more wtf.

So do you think my Sonic is any better than last time? I learned a lot from fighting you and a couple of the other Sonics here, mostly on my off ledge game, I feel like it's been improved drastically.

At any rate, we had some awesome funny ******** cake matches.

<3 Kalm

Edit: If you were off your game, I sympathize. *manly hug*
Gnight!

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
You have improved quite a bit since before. Your accuracy especially in grabbing is much better.

Idk why but my connection was terrible. I kept upsmashing instead of tilting and I couldn't even dair to spring lol. You mixed it up decently well. You did make some punishable misteaks but sadly my connection was too poor to punish like I should have. Also I feel like I'm just getting worse instead of better. Projectiles,especially slow ones like Lucario's never gave me any trouble before. :/

Aside from Mario all the other non sonic characters I never use ever lol. Those were pretty epic and silleh lol

The charcters you used that really stood out imo are Ike, and Sonic. There was another one I thought was especially Steakly too but I forget what it was :/

I figured you were at least a little better than me the first time we played. Now you are a decent bit better. Even in a yellow connection, I couldn't have pulled off some of the stuff you did. Keep going higher :)

Your sig is awsome and so trueXD
Steak.

:093:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Thanks a cheesey, like I said I literally have trained with using a whole lot of characters. So going roulette against me is usually your funeral lol.
That's good of you to notice Ike, he's always been up there on my Kalm-Tier list. ;D

Returned Steak.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You know Boxob, since we're both from LoCal, we would have a beast connection.

Too bad I can't play today.

:093:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Why can't I find anything to post here, you guys suck. )=/

Also, the entire Sonic Boards need to get on AIM/Wifi more often, I can never get good matches when I need them.
)=/ )=/

Monkey Flakes.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Sometimes my internet connection here at school sucks and other times it rocks. So I'm in the midwest, specifically Missouri. Sometimes near St. Louis, most of the time in Columbia. My tag is usually just Mag and my Brawl FC is 5284-3726-8980.

I'm pretty much up to play against anyone here, so anyone who wants to, give me a time to meet you on Wi-Fi

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
GGs MGNM, you're certainly one of the best Sonic's I've fought here, you and Kinzer I believe, whom I need to have some more rounds with and he needs to get ONLINE.

Anyways, we had like 40 matches? I couldn't understand what my problem was with Sonic, I was doing really well against you on the first life, but I couldn't KO you and you freakin got to 220%. After that I sucked forever and gave up on the dittos lol. The first 20 or so DK matches were driving me nuts, for a second there I literally thought you were cheating in some way! I was getting so mad not being able to understand how I managed to miss/get outprioritized/fail to punish so many times. It's bad when someone gets me frustrated enough to cargo stage spike them lol. My annoyance mainly peaked when you effortlessly hit me with the same attack over and over and over and over again, but it was by then I realized you weren't uncomparably better than me, you weren't even trying because I was just sucking too bad!
I hope you could tell the difference when we starting going even, I for one sure was having a lot more fun by then. We had some intensely epic off stage battles too. I guess Ike must be a Sonic counter or something, because it looked like you couldn't work nowhere near the same way with him as other opponents, mainly because I jabbed through your entire moveset. I was glad I was able to squirm into a victory with Lucario too, but I knew they only way I could hope to hit around even with you was with my best character.
So, you are extremely good at dodging, I just had to straight stop using smash attacks because you managed to get around them constantly. I started working on Ftilt for punishing and eventually learned your recovery game enough where I could actually do something about it.
Well, in summary, I'm really glad we spent so much time brawling, I think I learned a lot from fighting you that I can use in many other matchups, I really appreciate it. Hope I was able to earn some respect in the end because I sure didn't deserve it when I got facerolled lol.

My name is Kalm.

Trillion

Smash Ace
TY for the very kind words Kalm and GGs yourself. I'm not sure if i was getting worse as our games progressed or if you were getting better. I won the first like 6 or so, but then I started having problems with your DK. I was trying and pretty much giving it my all, so rest assured that you were comparing just fine. I started losing focus or something near the end and kept catching myself not using my mindgames. You started reading me like a book and I was having a hard time not becoming too predictable. I was really frustrated that I lost to your Ike. My friend plays him all the time and I beat him no problem, but for some reason I was really having a problem with him tonight. You must have a better playstyle than him. I'm glad we got to play too, hopefully we can play again in the future. You certainly got my respect.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Awesome, maybe we could chat over the matchup on AIM or Yahoo, though my yahoo isn't as it's listed here. I'll have to fix that real quick.
The taunts were stupid mindgames, especially the "Get out NOOB" taunt. They made me mad and I lost focus lol. You're a ******* for that. I think me suddenly standing much stronger against you made you lose focus, kind of like a morale trading issue. When I finally managed to understand some of the frames I could actually PUNISH YOU. Up until then I failed every time I tried to punish because I tried to just downright punish too hard, and you never let me get away with trying to punish you hard. I even pulled off a pivot grab, now that's some stuff online with DK lol.
So, summary is that MagnM isn't going to let you hit him with anything other than the bair minimum (lol). Be patient and don't loose your cool when he says he's putting your miserable failures on youtube (which btw I got some replays of my own for the tube )=D). Sonic is so awesome, and Uair is sick. Steak tastes good, so good my head hurts.

Top Bottom