• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wi-fi Thread and The Sonic Finder. Updated 4/07

infomon

Smash Scientist
Boxob: see Tenki's post in the SBR.

You're a hero now. A legend. You can't quit now!

10thousandsonicmainslookinguptoyouwithfacesthatjustlosttheirlasthope

Browny

Smash Hater
SO CLOSE to getting another ganondorf 3-stock lmao. curse sonics slightly disjointed fsmash!
Footstool gimp vs your sonic to go in Napi's combo vid? :p

GGs. I Think lag might get better when its night time over here, in which cas its early morning in the US where theres not many people on either way since my games vs kinzer were a lot better, lag wise (thats about 9 hours from now)

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hmm, which match had the footstool? I'll look them over later, but it was all laggy failsauce. All recorded out of technical necessity :laugh:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm back now, I think it's too late for any matches though. I got caught up in some good ones earlier, like winning 2 "Solomar" rounds and getting a 5 choke to Fsmash combo/KO with Ganon.

What about Tenki now?

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hey guys I got some weird news about my tournament I used Marth (worst mistake ever) but when I used Sonic I was alot better does anybody knows what this mean? could it be that I went to a new level?

Browny

Smash Hater
lol this should be interesting. ive only played vs someone from Italy before for a Erupoean country and it was pretty bad :/

Ill go online now and try it anyway :)

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Really? because when I played Sonic I had a sudden burst of confidence that I could win and I was pulling out all sorts of moves that I didn't even know... so how do you explain that Kinzer?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That "rush" you're describbing, is just hope I would assume, it's what makes the R.O.B players keep on trucking, because as far as I know, people have next to no reason to play R.O.B. At least not compared to some of the other characters like Sonic for his gaming franchise or Lucario for that one movie he was in... but R.O.B. is in the running for one of the most random things in Brawl... I think tripping takes the cake, though.

Marth is also kind of sketchy, because he only had a storyline/games in Japan, which can explain why he still retains his Japanese voice into the Brawl-U.S. export, but some still play him regardless of wather they know huis background or not... but then it probably doesn't help my cause that Marth, R.O.B., & Lucario are actually GOOD characters...

Hmm... come to think of it, just think of the same reasons people would want to seriously main Falcon, he had some of his own stuff in the F-Zero series and junk, and he is considered the worst character in Brawl so far.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Dead wrong, my good chum, Ganon is like Sonic in the sense that he is a near terrible character, but with enough work, can be potent in the right hands.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't mean he can't work around them.

You should know, assuming you play Sonic, whose matchups are really bad on paper but are better in practice.

Still doesn't change my hate for certain characters...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh very true, no matter what, you either support Meta Knight, or you have a set amount of hate towards him.

Personally, I've fought so many MKs, it doesn't even matter, I know how to play against them and still be able to win the match, who I am really disliking by this point is Wolf & Wario.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Yeah I hate wario's waft when it's fully charged with high damage it's a instant KO unless you dodge it also I fought a wario and both of us had high damage he actually farted me in the air but the good news was he killed himself first before me it was very funny but horrible.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
But we all agree on one character we all don't like right? (MK)
I am totally fine with MK. He's ma dude. Olimar should go back to Oliland though. Although the matchup's not really so hard for me anymore.

For wario and wolf you gotta abuse your ground game and space bairs/uairs crazy well. They're not that bad once you get used to them. Wolf is still gimptastic.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Whatc'you talking about Nape, have you ever fought a Wolf before?

...*shiver*... all the blaster shots... F/Dsmashes

I can't get in because if I do I get pushed right outside again no thanks to the speed and power of Wolf's DSmash, FSmash hast he power, moves him a bit, and Blaster is just a ***** to deal with.

I either need more Wolf matchup experience, or there is a serious flaw in my playstyle that Wolf can really abuse, not to mention Wario with his aerial acceleration and s***.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah now Lucas, THAT I can deal with, it's just a more Brawler-type Ness, meaning he has more combat capabilities, and not so much mindgames as Ness does.

I guess it really comes down to the main playstyle of the Sonic player, which would explain why our matchups can really be skewed off.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Whatc'you talking about Nape, have you ever fought a Wolf before?

...*shiver*... all the blaster shots... F/Dsmashes

I can't get in because if I do I get pushed right outside again no thanks to the speed and power of Wolf's DSmash, FSmash hast he power, moves him a bit, and Blaster is just a ***** to deal with.

I either need more Wolf matchup experience, or there is a serious flaw in my playstyle that Wolf can really abuse, not to mention Wario with his aerial acceleration and s***.
I fight too many wolfs >_>. It used to be my worst matchups, like it was for 90% of Sonics back in april lolz. Wolfs dsmash has like a gazillion end frame lags, if he misses, he's yours. Dtilt combos much too easily with him, you can easily dtilt 2>3 times into a grab or utilt with him. Hurtbox is pretty large. Get him offstage, and gimp like crazy. For fsmash, just shieldgrab, lolz.

Blaster isn't anywhere near as bad as Falco's weapon. Spinshot. Or powershield, lolz. Its harder for you since you use Wiimote, but uair works too well on him.

Wario isn't that bad. You Uair beats out his dair, one of his major assets. And your ground game is superior. Just don't run into his Bite lol. Homing attack, or up angled fsmash to break that. In the air, space with bairs, as its much more disjointed than any of his offerings.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey guys I know this question is dumb but why is brawl messed up for ex. MK and or Sonic.
Because Sakurai designed Brawl.

Real is answer is that nobody but Nintendo can really tell you that.

I fight too many wolfs >_>. It used to be my worst matchups, like it was for 90% of Sonics back in april lolz. Wolfs dsmash has like a gazillion end frame lags, if he misses, he's yours. Dtilt combos much too easily with him, you can easily dtilt 2>3 times into a grab or utilt with him. Hurtbox is pretty large. Get him offstage, and gimp like crazy. For fsmash, just shieldgrab, lolz.

Blaster isn't anywhere near as bad as Falco's weapon. Spinshot. Or powershield, lolz. Its harder for you since you use Wiimote, but uair works too well on him.

Wario isn't that bad. You Uair beats out his dair, one of his major assets. And your ground game is superior. Just don't run into his Bite lol. Homing attack, or up angled fsmash to break that. In the air, space with bairs, as its much more disjointed than any of his offerings.
Dude, Wolves aren't going to be throwing out DSmashes every other second and leaving themselves open, it's like a OoS move that is just about as good as MKs (!), not only that but it also has a lot of shield pushback, what are you gonna do, punish with a measly dash-attack? Mreh that's assuming it doesn't hit you, as I've said before Wolves tend to keep this move fresh for K.O.s.

Now as for Wario, what kind of Wario will be using Dair LIKE THAT? Don't they always SH them, in which case Sonic has nothing to counter except with a Bair/Filt? Even so, Wario's aerial acceleration allows him to weave around so well in his shorthops, you won't be punishing them unless you see them coming.

Now in the air, again Wario's aerial acceleration is a great asset to him, Sonic may have Bair, but by the time Wario is up in his butt, he won't get it out, and Sonic's faster framed Aerials are just about a short-ranged as Warios, which does not help at all.

Top Bottom