• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wi-fi Thread and The Sonic Finder. Updated 4/07

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Dude, Wolves aren't going to be throwing out DSmashes every other second and leaving themselves open, it's like a OoS move that is just about as good as MKs (!), not only that but it also has a lot of shield pushback, what are you gonna do, punish with a measly dash-attack? Mreh that's assuming it doesn't hit you, as I've said before Wolves tend to keep this move fresh for K.O.s.
Well, yea, like we shouldnt be leaving ourselves open to be punished, yet it happens. you might wanna trying using Dash dance pivot, or maybe just turnaround, not sure if thats quick enough. But its quick enough to avoid wolf dsmash from mid range and come back to grab in lag. and you can always perfectshield it too. But you have to rely on your grab game and combo game. He's really easy to combo into. I'm much more concerned about his airgame that his groundgame. In the air, I usually just try to land a bair or something, and spring to escape, start over on the ground. He's also pretty succeptible to SH Fairs.

Now as for Wario, what kind of Wario will be using Dair LIKE THAT? Don't they always SH them, in which case Sonic has nothing to counter except with a Bair/Filt? Even so, Wario's aerial acceleration allows him to weave around so well in his shorthops, you won't be punishing them unless you see them coming.

Now in the air, again Wario's aerial acceleration is a great asset to him, Sonic may have Bair, but by the time Wario is up in his butt, he won't get it out, and Sonic's faster framed Aerials are just about a short-ranged as Warios, which does not help at all.
Pretty sure first hit of Uair has the horizontal hitbox of Wario's Dair. Shuffled Uairs against him are nice. But you still didnt make mention of his groundgame against yours. He really doesn't have much against you on the ground. His range is when he's grounded too. His air game is clearly superior because of his amazing weaving abilities, but I'm just saying when you areeee in the air, Bairs/Uairs should probably be your focus. I also meant them more from a short hopped perspective. Wario can't even use his Uair that well against you because of spring, and that's one of his main killers.

Again, I guess its a playstyle thing ^_^ I've had more trouble with Mario and Samus than those two.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh no, I'm not denying that Wario's ground game pales compared to his air game, but I'm just saying how @#$% hard it is to deal with Wario who can get around so well in the air, and while his range is usually a problem in most matchups, this is Sonic we're talking about, and that alone makes up for his poor range.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Oh no, I'm not denying that Wario's ground game pales compared to his air game, but I'm just saying how @#$% hard it is to deal with Wario who can get around so well in the air, and while his range is usually a problem in most matchups, this is Sonic we're talking about, and that alone makes up for his poor range.
Meh, I consider Sonic to have more range than he actually does because of running shield grabs. You gotta space with ftilt like crazy. And shorts hopped Bairs are too good.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Nair and HA... 'nuff said. XD
HA is so useful in this matchup though when wario is on the ground XD HA>Bite(unless he jumps, but in that case its your fault for falling into the trap XD) And HA>Bike. And Nair isn't that bad here either, cuz he doesn't have the range/disjointedness to pwn it =P

SonicX580

Smash Lord
HA is so useful in this matchup though when wario is on the ground XD HA>Bite(unless he jumps, but in that case its your fault for falling into the trap XD) And HA>Bike. And Nair isn't that bad here either, cuz he doesn't have the range/disjointedness to pwn it =P
You do know that Sonic can dash grab out of Wario's bike right?

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Yah... It's pretty selfish of you to post, "No not really, I don't feel like playing", just because.

Unnecessary.

:093:
Same goes when you say **** in a sentence anyways I'am leaving now I'AM GOING TO WATCH A FEW SONIC THE HEDGEHOG MOVIES ENJOY YOU NOT GOING ON Wi-Fi later:psycho:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
lol wut. This **** is in response to your unnecessary statement. So yes it is unecessary, but only because of your initial unecessary response.

and it's "I'm" not "I'am". The whole point oYou've been doing that for a while now.

No one likes you.

You've grown over confident since you've received the title of "Smash Director".

That's not always a bad thing. But confidence is better cockiness.

And you don't even have the true title. All you did was host a wi-fi tourney. wi-fi fails.

Accomplishing this should not merit that title. Anyone can hold a wi-fi tourney.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
WHY ARE YOU USING ALL THESE CAPS SONICx580?
For the fun of it.

EDIT: Being a smash director didn't make me more cocky I'am just imitating you CiTH also I know Wi-Fi fails big time and I could give a rat's *** if anyone likes me got it?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
ol wut. This **** is in response to your unnecessary statement. So yes it is unecessary, but only because of your initial unecessary response.

and it's "I'm" not "I'am". The whole point of the contraction is to condense "I" and "am" into "I'm"

You've been doing that for a while now.

No one likes you.

You've grown over confident since you've received the title of "Smash Director".

That's not always a bad thing. But confidence is better cockiness.

And you don't even have the true title. All you did was host a wi-fi tourney. wi-fi fails.

Accomplishing this should not merit that title. Anyone can hold a wi-fi tourney.

and yes I just saw your hidden statement Gt2fw. What does it mean?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I'm flattered, really I am. But I haven't posted like that in while.

and dont imitate me.

You'll prolly get banned.

and Gf2tw, amazing cat combo?

:edit: what the hell? lmao.

Top Bottom