• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Sarix

Smash Ace
Going Sheilda now huh? Nice, there aren't many of those.

Edit: For anyone interested Torvus and I are board members for GRCC's gamer's club and if you guys want we can meet up at Ferris in GR to have a smashfest. It's free and we have air conditioning. :) We have club on Monday's and Wednesdays from 3-9.

lordhelmet

Smash Master

Edit: For anyone interested Torvus and I are board members for GRCC's gamer's club and if you guys want we can meet up at Ferris in GR to have a smashfest. It's free and we have air conditioning. :) We have club on Monday's and Wednesdays from 3-9.
That could be a good idea.

Is Muskegon open for any of those times?

RED6

Smash Apprentice

Ya, gonna try to. Haha. Practicin that Zelda :D

Also, I might be able to make this some time. Do you guys get a bit of randoms who play with you there?

:phone:

Sarix

Smash Ace
Sheilda should be interesting to go against since I need to get some more data on that MU for Samus. :)

Currently we're barely getting people to show up besides the few smash players. :(

RED6

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to come this Monday, not totally for sure tho. I'll see if anyone else from muskegon is interested.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Ladies, we need to get some details confirmed about when I grace West MI with my gay presence.

:woman:

Who has taken what days off of work? I'm trying to make this a Fri-Sun thing. I'm also considering doing this like once a month or so if people dig the idea.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
I haven't taken any of the days off, I just plan on bein able to hang out with people whenever I'm not workin, which should be fine considering I don't typically have long shifts.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So I have tomorrow and Thursday off when are we planing on doing a Smashfest this week. Also Amity has all week off so Im sure he is down for any day so that should bring a little hype.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Friday's lookin like the best day for me, unless I can manage to convince someone to trade me shifts for my thursday. If not, oh well.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Dear West MI:

im having a smashfest tomorrow in east lansing. Ann arbor is coming as well, I figure you guys might be interested to come if aa is as well. East Lansing is an hour from aa and an hour from grand rapids so it seems the logical place to have a sf ^_^

if anyone wants to come pm me for my phone number or ask someone who has it

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I am I can go wed thur or Friday after 6

Any day would be cool with me

Dear West MI:

im having a smashfest tomorrow in east lansing. Ann arbor is coming as well, I figure you guys might be interested to come if aa is as well. East Lansing is an hour from aa and an hour from grand rapids so it seems the logical place to have a sf ^_^

if anyone wants to come pm me for my phone number or ask someone who has it
I'm down to go if Tom is down to drive :yeahboi:

RED6

Smash Apprentice
I managed to get tonite off as well, but I wouldn't be able to drive if it began raining again, since my windshield wipers don't work. I'd be down for tryin to make the trip if others are though.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
o okay, Tom just called me.

It's sprinkling here but it's really light.

I'd prefer you guys to come today but just call me when you're 100% sure

RED6

Smash Apprentice
We're gonna wing it for today. I don't know your number, but I know me, tom, tired, and amity are comin at least.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
dubble postin'

good **** Amity. I forgot to tell you. Always dthrow unless you have a setup or bthrow KO or something. Dthrow nets you sooo much damage and you're pretty good at tech chases

[collapse=johns]
I think I have a blood sugar problem because I always slow down rly badly and can't concentrate (happens like every tourney I've gone to lol)

I played how I was supposed to after I ate, so that might be the problem (other than I suck)
[/collapse]

Tech, are you coming up on the 28th? We'd get Jawsome and L_Cancel probably if you show and I really want to work on secondaries vs someone who's really good at the match-ups

RED6

Smash Apprentice
dubble postin'

good **** Amity. I forgot to tell you. Always dthrow unless you have a setup or bthrow KO or something. Dthrow nets you sooo much damage and you're pretty good at tech chases

[collapse=johns]
I think I have a blood sugar problem because I always slow down rly badly and can't concentrate (happens like every tourney I've gone to lol)

I played how I was supposed to after I ate, so that might be the problem (other than I suck)
[/collapse]

Tech, are you coming up on the 28th? We'd get Jawsome and L_Cancel probably if you show and I really want to work on secondaries vs someone who's really good at the match-ups
Stealin' that Red john. :denzel:
lol. If you do have issues like that, I'd say try and figure it out at the doctor's. I got Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar), and I gotta eat/drink juice or gatorade and stuff pretty often if I wanna not get headaches or feel weak, especially at tourneys and stuff. Fruit snacks ftw. :D I'm finding pop just seems to make the issue worse, even if I'm feelin good to begin with. =/

Sarix

Smash Ace
If you have a blood sugar problem hang around me next tourney, I have episodes of hypoglycemia and always carry snacks just in case. It murders my concentration too so I know how it feels during a tourney.

Edit:
If you do have issues like that, I'd say try and figure it out at the doctor's. I got Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar), and I gotta eat/drink juice or gatorade and stuff pretty often if I wanna not get headaches or feel weak, especially at tourneys and stuff. Fruit snacks ftw. :D I'm finding pop just seems to make the issue worse, even if I'm feelin good to begin with. =/
I don't recommend gatorade or pop for hypoglycemia because they are more likely to make you crash faster because of the sugar and sodium content. I typically carry protein bars, fruit strips, and juice for my occasional episodes.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
My mom has it which is why it was my first thought.

When I played Tom in bracket I was on fire and did everything I wanted to do and after those games I just couldn't focus.

Happens every event tho (losing to Gifts, random Foxes, etc)

Hardest of johns ik. I'll do some research and see if I can find anything

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
My mom has it which is why it was my first thought.

When I played Tom in bracket I was on fire and did everything I wanted to do and after those games I just couldn't focus.

Happens every event tho (losing to Gifts, random Foxes, etc)

Hardest of johns ik. I'll do some research and see if I can find anything
Nah, thats just cause you were playing me

ZTD | TECHnology

dubble postin'

[collapse=johns]

[/collapse]

I will confirm after RAGE this weekend. I'll stay in touch. I have everyone's number anyway.

Regardless, you best believe I'll give you some quality practice.

:woman:

ZTD | TECHnology

Its either going to be this weekend or the next one. Depends on a few things.

I also intended on doing this like once a month or something tbh.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Its either going to be this weekend or the next one. Depends on a few things.

I also intended on doing this like once a month or something tbh.
If you go the weekend of Aug 3/4 I should be able to join. Depends on how much I have since I'm going to Chicago with a few friends the weekend of the 11th.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm going to the Matisyahu/Dirty Heads concert in Detroit on the 4th so that's a no-go.

So in other words I'm going to be mellowing out to Reggae Rock and getting lifted.

:yeahboi:

RED6

Smash Apprentice
I don't recommend gatorade or pop for hypoglycemia because they are more likely to make you crash faster because of the sugar and sodium content. I typically carry protein bars, fruit strips, and juice for my occasional episodes.
Like I said, I'm aware pop is bad for you. I've always just gone off the assumption that I'm fine having some as long as I'm eating good and feeling alright, but I'm beginning to decide that's a bad idea. As for gatorade, I don't really think it'll cause you to crash all that much, considering it has more to it than just sugar, unlike most other juices. I actually thought it didn't have too much sugar in it to begin with. I know it has a bit of sodium, but I thought it contained a decent amount of potassium and some carbs. Granola bars, protein bars, etc. are amazing for ya though.

Done talkin 'bout that tho, don't wanna shift the topic of this thread lol

Top Bottom