• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I just tea and lemonade all day long. Ain't no thing.

As for the smashfest, I work most weekends. If it's the 26th I can go, but no Robjoe. 28th Robjoe/Flan can go, but I can't.

To be honest I haven't played Brawl since Phoenix Saga. Haven't been feeling it after my performance. Project M, on the other hand... Well, either way I'll still make it out and body West MI if I can get out there.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I just tea and lemonade all day long. Ain't no thing.

As for the smashfest, I work most weekends. If it's the 26th I can go, but no Robjoe. 28th Robjoe/Flan can go, but I can't.

To be honest I haven't played Brawl since Phoenix Saga. Haven't been feeling it after my performance. Project M, on the other hand... Well, either way I'll still make it out and body West MI if I can get out there.

V
V
V​

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have to decide today whether I want to show up this weekend, since my schedule gets made tomorrow. I'll think about it.

Current motivation to play Brawl: 12%

ZTD | TECHnology

There's no guarantee I'll see you even if I came up lmao.

Anyway, I decided today. My hatred for this game is strong right now.

But my desire to see you guys and get ****ing blitzed trumps that. I took the weekend off work.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hey Tech. I want to give you some advice. MX and myself where in your shoes. We just hated the game and hated playing it. We took a month off and just relaxed, drank, played other games, etc. After the break, we began playing the game and started enjoying it again. It is also fun if you were to play the hacks of the game, like brawl - and p:m. It's a change of pace. You probably don't need advice, but I just wanted to share my experience

ZTD | TECHnology

Project Melee is an abomination.

But advice is always welcomed if its sincere and concise. You don't have to be a better player than someone to give helpful advice lol. So thanks. Its not a bad idea. I do need some time away. Its a combo of the community and my frustration at my lack of consistently playing at my potential. I thought I was getting the hang of it..but I guess not.

But the main reason I'm going to West MI is because it'd be more like hanging out with my homies if anything.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Project Melee is an abomination.

But advice is always welcomed if its sincere and concise. You don't have to be a better player than someone to give helpful advice lol. So thanks. Its not a bad idea. I do need some time away. Its a combo of the community and my frustration at my lack of consistently playing at my potential. I thought I was getting the hang of it..but I guess not.

But the main reason I'm going to West MI is because it'd be more like hanging out with my homies if anything.
P:M is an interesting concept. As for the whole 'better player' bit, there are some people that way. If you are wanting to be more consistent, it's just about getting to know the other player, not just the character they're playing, but I understand. As for going to West MI, hell yeah. chill with them. That's the same reason why I go down to Cinci.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
If I really cared to win this game I'd just focus on my Diddy. That or just rip you open with Fox again.

But I'll rock the Mario to give you a shot. Because I'm nice and John's my uncle.

Yo Tech come anyway. You don't even have to play, just sit there like a penguin and hand out sage advice on how to play the game. Consider growing a beard for the experience.

"You're not gay enough. No no, more gay. Gayer. Gayer." - Sage Brawl Wisdom.

It's how new people learn to get better at Brawl in MI - they just learn how to be gay from Tech.

ZTD | TECHnology

Okay so my plan is to arrive either late Friday or early Saturday.

Lemme know what works best. Friday is Pay day so.......we're going in. Kush? Dro? Its all on y'all.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
What you do with your controller behind closed doors is your own business i'm not interested in seeing or hearing about it

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So whats going down this weekend when is Tech coming in where is he staying? I assume lordy's. also we should do a little like $5 buy in tourney while Tech is in town.

Although I have Saturday off I have to work Friday night and Sunday morning so don't rely on me anytime except Saturday for rides.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I work Sat/Sun/Mon. So count me out.

Robjoe has a van now, but he works Mon-Fri 2-10:30. So don't expect both of us to show up on whatever day in the future for the rest of the summer.

ZTD | TECHnology

Sooooooooo I have to bail this weekend.

Due to my store manager being a ******** obese cow, I got scheduled to work this entire weekend...but they gave me all the weekdays off.

I am so ****ing mad, I work two days this week and its the weekend.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I misinterpreted what you said!"

Bull****. I'm quittng this job. But not without screwing someone over.

:denzel:

Sorry folks. There is literally nothing I can do.

Let's try this again end of August if possible?

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Well so much for that I guess well just have a smashfest this weekend. I know Jawsome was planning on coming up and fZk wants to come to one of our smashfests maybe we can get a good one going down anyways.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
fzk and i are 70% sure we will want to come play. Where do you guys play? Grand rapids is the closest to us (only like 45-50 minutes away) but if you guys play elsewhere just let us know. I can only play saturday day/night

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Saturday? As far as I know, everyone still wants to come smash. We all go to my house, I'll pm you my address.

Muskegon (Tom/Red/Amity?/Tired/Etc)
L_Cancel (?)
East Lansing
Jawsome (With the goods)
Ludington (?)

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
sofar it looks like the attendance will be

1. Me
2. Lordy