• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

fZk

Smash Lord
I'm pretty much confirmed for this saturday. I need somebody to please pm the details (place and time to show up).

lordhelmet

Smash Master
When can you guys get here, Tom?

We'll do friendlies until everyone gets settled in (we have 3 TVs, that should be enough, anyone have fold up chairs? lol). After that, we'll do a double elim bracket, possible 5-dollar buy in.

Red, bring your Wii.

Jawsome, you already know. I do need the GCN screwdriver (I believe you have it).

Edit: To drivers. There is a google maps street view of my house. Do not park in the ally.

There is also a convenience store literally right next door also.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Expect me to probably be late, I've been dealing with a lot lately and it's been leaving me feeling somewhat faint and nauseous from the stress.

Amity

Sadboi
Switch FC
SW-0822-7258-0511
When can you guys get here, Tom?

We'll do friendlies until everyone gets settled in (we have 3 TVs, that should be enough, anyone have fold up chairs? lol). After that, we'll do a double elim bracket, possible 5-dollar buy in.

Red, bring your Wii.

Jawsome, you already know. I do need the GCN screwdriver (I believe you have it).

Edit: To drivers. There is a google maps street view of my house. Do not park in the ally.

There is also a convenience store literally right next door also.
Dude, i like how the store is so close that i could trip and stumble like five feet down a hill and be at the store. XD

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I don't remember the last time I played any of you West MI guys. Whenever I get out to you guys or you guys get out here I wanna do some for realsies sets with you all like 2/3 or 3/5 sets

:olimar:/:popo: vs West Michigan

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember the last time I played any of you West MI guys. Whenever I get out to you guys or you guys get out here I wanna do some for realsies sets with you all like 2/3 or 3/5 sets

:olimar:/:popo: vs West Michigan
I hear MM :) Sounds like fun

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Mike it can be a money match or a friendly set idk which. I just wanna see how much better y'all have gotten. I also wanna play Tom for the first time xD.

:phone:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
So I turned up at work today and they changed my schedule without telling me. Now I actually turned the day profitable by sticking around for some pity hours and eventually getting a secondary job as a host, so all in all my life is better for coming into work, but still.

Could have gone to this. But Robjoe made it to Lordy's without dying, so really that's a bonus all in itself.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Damn. Good **** everyone.

Change OP to lordhelmet's monthlies? IDK if you want me to make a new thread or steal OP or something, just so it's easier for people to contact me and not get confused.

shoutouts l8r

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
well if you want to make them into tourneys I would make a new thread otherwise if its just general smashfests leave it as is

?

??

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Yeah, I want to do $5 events, no venue fee unless you want me to use it to improve the event (food, etc).

I just want to know who would/wouldn't attend if I added a cost to it.

And, I can't house much more than ~15 people, which could be a problem if I made it an actual tournament series.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
i wouldnt post it in the tourney thread imo. Just word of mouth/posts in here or big MI thread will be fine im sure.

fun stuff today guys ^_^ you guys are cool. Imma train with a non mk character next time. Lordy youre good, keep practicing with someone who isnt falcon for a while. I bet you the practice will make your falcon better too indirectly.

shououts to Amity youre really good and have a really good attitude. im suprised i never heard of you. You play such a smart snake, once you tune up those few things i told you i guarantee youll destroy me. The mk matchup is hard for any character -.-

fzk is free

tom you have a lot of potential and youre a fun guy, im looking forward to playing with you guys again. When i host in EL ill let you guys and ann arbor know so we can all get together.

Sarix

Smash Ace
This was probably the best smashfest yet. It was nice meeting you guys from Lansing and getting to play against one of you for friendlies. I'm gonna have to practice more to do better for the next one. :)

fZk

Smash Lord
This was really fun, I liked that it started early. I would have liked to see the tourney with a $5 entry to offset the gas money but I also understand why most people there didn't want to do it.

It was fun playing all of you and I saw good potential. Don't be scared to come up to me and ask me to play and for advice. I was shocked that L made it and it was glad to see he still *****. I had to alter my game a lot to keep up with him and GF had some close games (I lost 1-3). I'm getting better at the Oli matchup.

I would definitely consider coming back to another smashfest.

Marco: gobble gobble gobble

What's The Point

Smash Master
And, I can't house much more than ~15 people, which could be a problem if I made it an actual tournament series.
You can just add a limit if needed.

This was really fun, I liked that it started early. I would have liked to see the tourney with a $5 entry to offset the gas money but I also understand why most people there didn't want to do it.
Well, it only offsets 1st (Didn't drive) and 2nds (you) gas money. Everyone else ends up paying $5 more.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
L_Cancel - Thanks for showing up man. You're as sharp as ever and we need you to keep us from slacking by taking our money next time IMO. Thanks for the friendlies, match-up advice.

Marco - GGs, bring your magic cards next time. Next time we meet in bracket you're gonna feel the counterpick heat :yeahboi:

Robjo - Thanks for coming down, don't worry about your placing you lost to 3rd and 5th place.

Legit - $5 buy in next time, I think so. Don't want to heavily advertise I decided. We'll keep everything in this thread. August 4th or 11th should be our next date maybe?

Sarix - Hope to see you next time.

Amity - 4th good ****. You've improved so much since I played you at PS1. We gotta practice more.

lordhelmet - Well, I lost to 2nd and 3rd so *shrug*. Time to master MK match-ups.

Torvus - Stick with ZSS and get in that training mode.

Red - I feel like you haven't been practicing. Try to get an hour a day in training mode, just keeping your character fluent.

Jawsome - Thank you so much for coming :yeahboi: always make the events so much more enjoyable. Keep working on your Pika, PT doesn't have much room to grow.

fZk - Thanks for showing up, I hope you guys found it worthwhile. I was really surprised when you told me you pooped on Stroum's CF. Don't sleep on me, I'm gonna beat you next time :yeahboi:

Did some quick math. 14 people, $5 buy in, 60/30/10 split to incite the most competition. 1st gets 42, 2nd gets 21, 3rd gets 7. I'll give it more thought for sure, but $5 buy in next time is the plan.

fZk

Smash Lord
Well, it only offsets 1st (Didn't drive) and 2nds (you) gas money. Everyone else ends up paying $5 more.
Anybody can potentially win it all but, with me and Jason there, I think people knew the outcome beforehand. That's why I understood, though some $$$ would have been nice.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So if we do start to do stuff on weekends im gonna need like 2-3 week notice to take work off. Otherwise. I think we should continue to do the thurs stuff for free, but once a month on an off week have a tourney so for example
week 1 thurs smashfest
week 2 Off
week 3 thurs smashfest
week 4 Saturday tourney

at least until schools start back up

lordhelmet

Smash Master
That's rly confusing but as long as we have a tournament towards the end of each month that everyone comes to, I'll be happy.

August 2nd - Smashfest

August 16th - Smashfest

August 25th - Tournament

?

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
It was nice to come to something, I liked the feel of a gamecube controller in my hands again(: I really enjoyed myself! GGs to everyone I played. I'm glad Marco and Juan made it out! We had some good matches as well and I enjoyed your company a lot! It was nice meeting you Amity! Your snake was surprisingly aggressive. Lordy! Thanks for hosting, It was nice hanging with my Rockford brethren again, and seeing your brother too! I hope all the matches we played helped a bit. I'm glad we finally got to sit down and play a lot of friendlies. Chet,Jawesome, and Robjoe it was nice to see you guys made it out, I'm sorry we didn't get to play. Next time?? Legit! I'm glad we got to play XD I finally made it to something after bailing on you like 5 times. Sarix! It was nice to meet you! I'm sorry if I forgot anyone in my shoutouts, sometimes it's hard to remember everybody! One more thing, even though I've been inactive I don't want anybody to be intimidated by me, feel free to ask me for advice or friendlies or anything when you see me at a tourney. I'm here to help everyone improve!(:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Maybe the 18th then?

I don't think I want to go to anything until maybe Big House or PS5. But if you guys/east lansing/ wanna go to JTSMs, then I wouldn't schedule an event same day.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Yeah idk if I could get that date off but whatever you can host anyways or maybe once every 2 months? idk seems kinda soon to be already planning one, but its your call.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I see you L_cancel. Making me come all the way out to Grand Rapids just to play you :denzel:.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
im pretty busy for the next couple of weeks so i cant play. But the week of august 10th i can play. aa could always drive here and then me and juan could take them. That weekend is wtps tourney though so im going to that on saturday

lordhelmet

Smash Master
August 18th is a little early. August 25th is JTSM's tourney, so probably September 1st.

Smashfest on August 9th I think, but I want to schedule a bigger $5 event on the 18th or 1st.

Kinda depends on Muskegon atm

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Yoo I'm in Wisconsin, but I should be able to get the first off or at least part of the day

And Idk what the rest of muskegon is planning but I'm good for next week

lordhelmet

Smash Master
How about 9th and 23rd smashfests, Sept 1st house tournament?

I gotta make sure I don't have anything going on but I should be set

Top Bottom