• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Sarix

Smash Ace
Sorry the congestion from my cold is killing my ability to concentrate so I won't be coming and Vox is unable to come as well.

EDIT: Torvus knows how below average my constitution is. I should make it next week though.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Sorry I was late this time around.

Torvus: You're getting a lot better. ZSS is a good character pick. Just keep lifting the training room weights.

Tired: You seem pretty laid back towards the game, I have no problem with that. Just try to put more time in. Watch Kirby videos (look up Chudat). The game will become more fun when you learn your character better.

Legit: We need to work on those high tier match-ups. Beating up Falcon will only get you so far :denzel:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I got into Ludington around 5:30 today, and I really just did not have the resources to get to GR, and I had just spent 6+ hours on the road already, I wasn't about to add another four(there and back) for a Smashfest... That said, I'll look into showing up for the June 14th one, but I wouldn't expect me to be able to make it to the May 31st/June 7th one.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I was pretty impressed with the turnout this time around

Legit: For your level of play, your spacing, general tech, and knowledge is all pretty high. It could just be GnW but work on your mixups a little (your tech chases are pretty good when you actually try them).
Red: Bad controller johns? I would suggest not leaving your controller at other people's houses.
Jawsome: Work on your chaingrabs while you're down in Kzoo, that's your next big step as a player. Also ban Castle Siege.

Everyone else: you just need more experience and exposure to the game. If Nairo can reach a top level by playing CPUs, so can you.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
I was pretty impressed with the turnout this time around

Legit: For your level of play, your spacing, general tech, and knowledge is all pretty high. It could just be GnW but work on your mixups a little (your tech chases are pretty good when you actually try them).
Red: Bad controller johns? I would suggest not leaving your controller at other people's houses.
Jawsome: Work on your chaingrabs while you're down in Kzoo, that's your next big step as a player. Also ban Castle Siege.

Everyone else: you just need more experience and exposure to the game. If Nairo can reach a top level by playing CPUs, so can you.
Nah, the controller wasn't that bad. haha. I'll just happen to **** you guys next week with mine. :yeahboi:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Yoooooo, who all is planning on coming this week, I know Lordy, Tired, Sophy, Myself, and possibly Red are going.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I can't come for the next few weeks because of work, that and I have some education priorities to take care of.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Sooooo, how did yesterday's go? I've been working on the basics of Smash recently instead of character centric stuff, and I'd like to see how that's been working out for me.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Do we know yet if we're having this at Skynet or Lordy's this week? Jw

lordhelmet

Smash Master
So I'm thinking this final week before PS4 is gonna be at my house in Grand Rapids.

Muskegon is down, any thoughts from the rest of you guys? PM me for my address if yes

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Quote abuse.
I think you're having too much fun with that. Johns or no, I'm not driving to Rockford back to Ludington/Manistee if I'm heading out to Grand Valley the next day, and Ann Arbor from there.

Besides, you're practicing with people and I'm still gonna beat you when we play.

Just facts.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Were you guys at Lordy's last night? I finally was able to come again and I was told you guys haven't been showing up for over two weeks.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
no we stayed in muskegon there is really no reason for us to drive out there if its only Muskegon showing up.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
he means at skynet. everyone else besides Muskegon and lordy stopped going there so we started to do our own thing

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Should I make a new thread?

Are you guys thinking about coming out again? Maybe change it to every other Sat or something? Lemme kn0w

Sarix

Smash Ace
I'm actually trying to get more GR players to come Lordy, I have like 3 interested so far, I just need a bit more time. Torvus has even been practicing lately.

Top Bottom