• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So, I'm going to be at GVSU early Friday morning. Since no one in Muskegon plays Smash anymore I was wondering if anyone in the GR area would be willing to smash with me Friday afternoon while I am in the area? Lordy, T-Bird, Jason?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
So, I'm going to be at GVSU early Friday morning. Since no one in Muskegon plays Smash anymore I was wondering if anyone in the GR area would be willing to smash with me Friday afternoon while I am in the area? Lordy, T-Bird, Jason?
I'll be up around 9:30. Class at 12:15-2:15. Give me a call.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
I live just off of GVSU's campus if you wanna chill

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I live just off of GVSU's campus if you wanna chill
Hey pm me your phone number or a reliable way to contact you. Although I would prefer play Brawl if Lordy is unavailable at the time I wouldn't be opposed to chilling with you PM guys.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Tch, what's a region to do without a Monthly Lordy tournament... just when driving becomes a pleasurable experience rather than a cold and dangerous one.

So West Michigan, how would ya'll feel about driving to Ludington or Manistee for a tournament?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ayo West Michigan you all better be at Outrage 2, we are doing a full Brawl and P:M tourney. meaning 1v1/2v2 for both events

I also miss you all and want to see your faces, especially Scotty and my Ludington/Manistee boys

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Ayo West Michigan you all better be at Outrage 2, we are doing a full Brawl and P:M tourney. meaning 1v1/2v2 for both events

I also miss you all and want to see your faces, especially Scotty and my Ludington/Manistee boys
I'll be at a wedding.

Robjoe will be celebrating his birthday on the same day.

So... yeah, we're not making it. =/

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Tch, what's a region to do without a Monthly Lordy tournament... just when driving becomes a pleasurable experience rather than a cold and dangerous one.

So West Michigan, how would ya'll feel about driving to Ludington or Manistee for a tournament?
Maybe if I'm lucky someone in GR or Coldcut can drive me >_<

...to Outrage, as well, that'd be cool :)

Edit: I'm moving back home from uni on Thursday and I'm gonna go look for venues nearby once I'm settled... Juggleguy is interested on collaborating on a MI Melee/PM summer circuit so that'd be cool. Otherwise (and maybe addition to) I'll find a way to get consistent rootfests :) This is like the worst time for us to die. lol

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Maybe if I'm lucky someone in GR or Coldcut can drive me >_<

...to Outrage, as well, that'd be cool :)

Edit: I'm moving back home from uni on Thursday and I'm gonna go look for venues nearby once I'm settled... Juggleguy is interested on collaborating on a MI Melee/PM summer circuit so that'd be cool. Otherwise (and maybe addition to) I'll find a way to get consistent rootfests :) This is like the worst time for us to die. lol
If My car doesn't fill up with Brawl Players I can take you guys to Outrage.

SwingDoom

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone. I live just outside of Grand Rapids. I haven't really ever played Smash Bros. competitively but am looking to maybe get into it. I saw a map of Smash players in Michigan and it appeared as though almost nobody plays Brawl and almost everyone plays only Melee. Is this the case? I don't really have a preference for one over the other, I'd just like to play the one which I will be able to find people to play with.​

I will also be attending MSU in the fall. Any smashers go there/live near East Lansing?

Arcalyth

GLS | root
The MI Smash map was created by the Melee side of Michigan. There are lots of Brawl players though most of West MI plays P:M in favor of Brawl nowadays.

There's lots of Melee in Kalamazoo, Holland, Grand Rapids, and (during the school year) Lansing. As far as I know, Muskegon still plays Brawl, and there's some Brawl in SE Michigan. Most of MI's Melee is on the east side. Most of MI's Project: M is on the west side (GR, Muskegon, Ludington, Manistee mostly).

I'm in the Grand Rapids area myself along with Coldcut, Sarix, Torvus, ,...,, Vox (Brawl), McK, and Dfire. I know some Melee players in Lansing as well. PM me if you wanna connect.

Edit: Vox only plays Brawl but the rest of us play primarily P:M

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
What are you smoking root?

Anyways there are brawl players in west mi lordy tbird and others live inside of gr and l_cancel lives in Rockford. As for other brawl players there is mostly just me but I travel to gr regularly. In east Lansing there is fzk Marco and rayquaza who attend msu. They post in this thread regularly so you can get in touch with them.

As for melee it is virtually nonexistent in west mi.

Oh and pm is just brawl with an identity crisis :denzel:

JTsm

Smash Master
Super not going to Outrage? Sad day. :c

Needs moar West MI attendance for PM IMO.

SwingDoom

Smash Rookie
What are you smoking root?

Anyways there are brawl players in west mi lordy tbird and others live inside of gr and l_cancel lives in Rockford. As for other brawl players there is mostly just me but I travel to gr regularly. In east Lansing there is fzk Marco and rayquaza who attend msu. They post in this thread regularly so you can get in touch with them.

As for melee it is virtually nonexistent in west mi.

Oh and pm is just brawl with an identity crisis :denzel:
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll get in touch with some people and continue to watch and participate in this thread. :)

Sarix

Smash Ace
Hello, everyone. I live just outside of Grand Rapids. I haven't really ever played Smash Bros. competitively but am looking to maybe get into it. I saw a map of Smash players in Michigan and it appeared as though almost nobody plays Brawl and almost everyone plays only Melee. Is this the case? I don't really have a preference for one over the other, I'd just like to play the one which I will be able to find people to play with.​

I will also be attending MSU in the fall. Any smashers go there/live near East Lansing?
It's nice to meet you. If you want to start learning the technical terms in fighting games feel free to talk to me. :)

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Root I'm thinking of Changing the OP to include all of the Smash Games. Seeing as I only keep up with Brawl could you post a list of the Project M and Melee players and their locations along with a list of any events or weekly smashfests you guys have planned

CallOfExcalibur

Smash Rookie
Ladies and gentlemen your new guy for today has arrived. its me, im the new guy for today.

now if only i didn't live out in the middle of nowhere and could play the game. i dont see myself ever going too much further than GR.

the only smash i play is brawl and the occasional brawl-

and i play a lot of LoL with the occasional dota 2

AMA

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Root I'm thinking of Changing the OP to include all of the Smash Games. Seeing as I only keep up with Brawl could you post a list of the Project M and Melee players and their locations along with a list of any events or weekly smashfests you guys have planned
West MI Facebook Group - EVENTS ARE POSTED HERE!!! BANTER WITH YOUR FELLOW SMASHERS!!!

Here's what I know off the top of my head:

Artificial Flavour - Kzoo, Melee/PM
Rh1thmz - Kzoo, Melee
Zbet - Kzoo, Melee
General Heinz - Kzoo, Melee
Kalamazoo hosts frequent Smashfests, their crew is called the Gentleman's Club and they're probably West MI's strongest Melee crew.

root - GR, PM/Melee
,..., - GR, PM/Melee
McKillington - GR, PM
Coldcut - GR, PM
Sarix - GR, PM
Torvus - GR, PM
Vox - GR, Brawl
Fishnax - GR, Melee/some PM
Shocksauce - GR, Melee/some PM
Doberboy - GR, PM
Lordhelmet - GR, Brawl/PM
TBird - GR, Brawl/PM
BFlak - GR, Brawl/PM
Cocksock - GR, Brawl/PM
Most Grand Rapids Smashfests are held at Lordy's house or at GRCC during the school year
And by GR I mean Metropolitan GR which includes Kentwood, Grandville, and Comstock Park players

Sophy - Muskegon, PM/Brawl
Legit - Muskegon, Brawl/PM
Jawsome - Muskegon, PM/Brawl
A2 - Muskegon, Brawl/PM
RED - Muskegon, PM/Brawl
ManaX - Muskegon, PM
Dunno much else about the Muskegon scene

BBQ - Holland, Melee
There are others in Holland but I have no idea who. Most Smashfests are held at the BBQ Battlezone. He hosts monthlies (always posted in the FB group). Holland is entirely Melee.

L_Cancel - Rockford, Brawl/PM

Robjoe - Ludington, PM
Flan~ - Ludington, PM

Super - Manistee, PM

rsr2 - Traverse City, PM
HighAWK - Traverse City, PM

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Smashfest (mostly PM but we can play anything) at TBird and I's new place all day today.

625 Jackson, text or PM me if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom