• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Triple post, *****.

Since the smashfests have been rather lackluster, and that's not how it's done in West Michigan - I'll have to start planning them in advance like I used to.

Since I don't have the capacity to run tournaments, I could still run smaller monthly $1 brackets/crews/something hype (PM/Brawl/64/IDGAF, any game that is fun). Venue fee is optional depending on how hard you guys want to party. Lordyfood would be possible, $2 from everyone would be enough for me to make some badass tacos or something and supply pop.

Any ideas/comments? Who would come up for monthlies?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
After yesterday, I was super impressed with the West MI Project Melee scene. It's all sorts of legit at every level, and I was always watching matches on baited breath(protip: I never guessed the winner. If I'm rooting for you, you'll lose) as match after match went to last stocks.

And now I'm just not sure if I want to double down and practice to stay among the elite in West MI, or just stagnate off to the side and remain just a benchmark for people to pass. I know it seems like an easy decision, but in order to get better, it recommends a lot of time practicing that I don't know if I have. I think for now I'll keep doing as I've been doing, at least until the PMBR gets vocal again. I'm no Wizzrobe Sonic, just a guy who wants to keep having fun with this game.

But yeah, I'm stoked to see everyone getting so much better. West MI gonna take the Midwest by storm. Y'all better watch out. Gonna be some major upsets at Coldcut's, calling it now. I think East MI should come out and get bodied.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Let's start after 5PM, waiting on some more information. Root/Benji?

Can anyone pick up mah boi Jason from Rockford?

EDIT: Text me if you wanna come, I'm gonna be out of the house for a while. 616-893-3142

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Where the Coldfests and Redfests at? Wtf guys.

Lordyfest 7/27

Edit: Mike informed me that's a Kzoo rootfest, weekend after that is a Muskegon party

W.C.N

Smash Lord
ITT: too much P:M not enough brawl

Where's the reason for east MI to travel up and over?

JTsm

Smash Master
If the Ohio tourney was on a different date, I would go to the West fest. :c

You guys are some chill ass muthafuka's.

:denzel:

fZk

Smash Lord
Make up your mind when something is happening and let me know, I will come with people (Marco and Josh are both really getting into PM). Plan something or come to EL.

I miss Derek...

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Mike said you were running something in Kzoo on the 27th which is why I cancelled plans for a Lordyfest
I'm not running anything O_o
Kzoo is hosting a tourney, though. Rh1thmz wanted me to TO for PM but I don't know if I work that day and I have no way to find out yet, so I can't guarantee that

I'm sure he'd appreciate if someone could affirmatively TO for Project M at his tournament.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Nah, I'm really disappointed with the way the PM community treats the Brawl community. I have no desire to support their tournaments.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Make up your mind when something is happening and let me know, I will come with people (Marco and Josh are both really getting into PM). Plan something or come to EL.

I miss Derek...

Yo I hope to catch you at another West MI event soon. Always fun hanging out, Juan <3 I'll be visiting Muskegon in two weeks. Highly looking forward to that.

EDIT: I think Tom is referring to in general, not an isolated event. I could be wrong but I have never heard of any P:M players being ***** to Brawl players.

Top Bottom