• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Yo I carried my team to 4th place in Doubles last time. I wouldn't mind teaming with someone different this time around. But I guess if I need to body some teams solo, I'll have to. Get that level 9 luigi. Mario bros. comin' at you.

...Maybe.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Vinnies ruleset is bad just shrinking it to be more like Melee and making it better for chars who like to stand on the ground at all times, the random sv/bf is nice since stage striking usually goes to either of those, usually bf

:phone:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
My beef with that ruleset is:

A. YI is a neutral (Sonic/DK), just remove YI and have SV/BF randomized and remove the capability to ban neutrals
B. Removal of Halberd/Delfino is subjective when Castle has walkoffs and questionable boundaries (Vinnie's argument other than sharking to ban Delfino is "walkoffs and questionable boundaries")
C. No explanation for removal of Frigate

Which means I would have to create and support my own ruleset for house tournies, where the rules have never been an issue in the first place.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Why don't we just play on bf every game that's the most fair stage and its what Japan does for 64

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Why don't we just play on bf every game that's the most fair stage and its what Japan does for 64

I would be okay with this.

Regardless, gonna stick with Apex ruleset likely for the entire continuity of the "series". But I'm interested in your guys' feedback & thoughts

I don't like the idea of having random sv and bf first game, I want control over the first stage.
>tricks bad Meta Knights into taking him to Lylat :denzel:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I would be okay with this.

Regardless, gonna stick with Apex ruleset likely for the entire continuity of the "series". But I'm interested in your guys' feedback & thoughts

>tricks bad Meta Knights into taking him to Lylat :denzel:
You strike with me, and we're starting YI or Lylat, true story :yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So I can go to this again if I want. Debating this or Rain. I DO wanna see my West MI homies again though.

And my darker skinned Puerto Rican daddy.

:denzel:

Roller

Smash Legend
And money. I see you. :088:

:woman:

Real talk tho, I like the BF+SV random idea. YI is too strong of a CP for some characters, and against Falco (as well as some others).

Besides, whoever strikes second has a huge advantage. They get to pick between 2 stages, while the other guy only gets to choose the 1 he absolutely won't want to play on (for some people it will always be YI anyway.).

I personally really like playing on YI. But it's more fair to random the 2, then give somebody their pick of the 2, imo.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Idk why you guys would go to rain when:

1. West MI is closer
2. We're not Ohio
3. West MI is the best region (ie. L_Cancel > Salem > The world - West MI)
4. We're More chill
5. Magic
6. ???
7. Profit

W.C.N

Smash Lord
If you drive out there with me you'll probably want to find another way back ill be leaving early to hang with a friend back in cl

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

1. West MI is closer
2. We're not Ohio
4. We're More chill
5. Magic
6. ???
7. Profit
Will you give Fish Flop $200 to come stream?

:yeahboi:

SoulPech

Smash Master

1. West MI is closer
2. We're not Ohio
4. We're More chill
5. Magic
6. ???
7. Profit
4. is debatable. OH, MI, and West MI are chill. Although, MI has more trolls >.>. All we have is Sneaky and OS for trolls xD

rsr2

Smash Lord
Man I am highly debating on going to this. Problem is I will be there at around 5:30-6 because of work : \

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah I am talking with a friend right now and he might go. I just need info on where it's at so can you send me a PM of the address <3

lordhelmet

Smash Master
So Lordy, you gonna make a topic in the Midwest Tournaments forum? I can't tell who's coming to this or RAIN anymore.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332935

Mike, bring your TV and Wii.

fZK & Red, if you could both bring your Wiis (with project M as well) we should be all set for setups.

If anyone has any portable foldup chairs or anything, please bring them!!!

Top Bottom