• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Sarix

Smash Ace
BTW guys. For those interested, Torvus and I can host Smashfests on Fridays from 3-9 at GRCC & Ferris in Grand Rapids. We have 4-5 TVs and two wiis along with a projector. It runs through the Gamer's Club we are board members of and are hoping to foster a greater interest in competitive smash in West MI.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
If I can make it to those i will go. It just depends on work and school

Also Ill add it to the OP if you can give me an address that would be cool.

Torvus

Smash Cadet
Applied Technology Center
151 Fountain NE
(on the corner of Fountain and Ransom)
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
we will usually be in the auditorium room 168

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, real talk. I love how you guys are really embracing this play more, learn as much as possible, get better mentality.

East MI, with very few exceptions does not have half the heart you guys do.

You'll have more than just Jason placing on our half of the state in no time. Keep it up!

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Add October 6th as the next house tourney. We'll stick with that unless Skynet 3 comes up or an east MI event.

Maybe update the event results post also? We should probably just start linking to the results threads for the house tournies.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
October 6th is the date of Big House, the HUGE melee tourney lots of OoS people are going to (Roller, Thugz, Apasher and I are helping TO). It might be a good idea to choose a different date.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Didn't realize that.

However, it's still not a Brawl tourney, and I will stick with the 6th unless attendance is significantly affected; which so far is Marco, and a few potential east MI players, possibly Jawsome/Holland.

I'll bat this one to Muskegon on what they want to do. We could just have a smashfest on Oct 20th instead.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
I plan on going to Big House 2 as well. We should do this on a different date, maybe the weekend after what you suggested. You know I have to get my PM in ;) DK fair all day haha

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
So I don't care when we have our next house tourney sometime in October would be cool and so far im pretty sure there are no tourneys planned for October yet. So the weekends we have are

6th (same day as bighouse)
13th
20th
27th

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
a lot of players are going to clowsuis tourney in ohio the 20th :/ thats zinotos showdown with P1. Im probably going as well. So not the 20th would be ideal ^_^

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
This interest in west Michigan! XD Marco, isn't Chi's tourney MK banned, or am I thinking of something else?

fZk

Smash Lord
Leave me a date for a tourney in EL, Marco we need to get on that. Let's talk to he who shall not be named about if there's a venue available where he lives.

JTsm

Smash Master
Leave me a date for a tourney in EL, Marco we need to get on that. Let's talk to he who shall not be named about if there's a venue available where he lives.
Lord Ragemort? :denzel:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Delaying doesn't work for me Cause I need to request it or at least part of the day off for work. So, lets give everyone till Saturday to make a decision.

13th or 27th? Go

I vote 13th

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yooooo, next week I have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Any smashfests happening? Also I will be able to attend tournaments soon because I finally transferred to first shift and my dad has weekends off so I can swap with him. So who wants free wins? :p

Sarix

Smash Ace
We got a fairly decent turnout, roughly 10-15 people, mostly casuals but for our club that's a good thing. Torvus and I actually didn't touch Brawl in favor of Melee last night funnily enough.

Top Bottom